eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Playing version 1.02 and had to bump the speed down to - 1 to have the game play similar to the demo. Any one else thinks so too?
No I like the default speed. Master League matches tend to be a little slower than exhibition anyway so I leave it at normal.

Playing version 1.02 and had to bump the speed down to - 1 to have the game play similar to the demo. Any one else thinks so too?
Nope. Ball speed on default is too slow for me, passes lag and the ball hangs in the air on cross-field balls.

But, +1 is too fast, so... I'm stuck on zero!

Nah.

The game varies soo much. One match is a bit end to end but other matches are slow and require alot of build up. There's a huge difference in just the basic pace of the games depending on the match up.

I meant to say something about this the other day.

One of my games had a mostly empty stadium, and I was really impressed, I thought "what a great touch".

It was immediately undone by the commentator saying "the double-decker buses have been lining up outside all day, dropping off thousands of people, all queueing up to see one of the most historic fixtures in football".

Niort vs Paris FC.

Konami, you're fucking useless, honestly.

I laughed so hard to this my eldest daughter and wife asked if everything was ok..

Bravo..

Default 0 might seem a bit fast at first but I think it's spot on. I tried - 1 but when fatigue kicks in it is getting quite slow. Also watching the England game now and I'm quite sure default speed this year is realistic.

If you play someone out of position in Myclub, does it actually make them play worse/downgrade their individual stats?

I've got my Bale to a 92, but bizarrely if you have him as a RMF as I do, rather than his set RWF position, he goes all the way down to an 85 (ridiculous difference for such a similar position), and I'm finding him poor.

Looks like another year of myclub being way too easy to get a top tier side. Having not played a game I already have De Ligt, Umtiti, Koulibaly, Modric, Thauvin (loan), Messi (loan) and falcao. Along with a LB and GK whose names escape me (silver) and Portillo and Masouda as well.. way way way too easy. Just wish konami were brave enough to stop this crap and make people earn these top tier players. I don't care if the little kiddies want it all right now, I want it to be rare to see Ronaldo or Messi in myclub! MLO was the perfect balance of development and reward (until you ended up with all the money ever). Wish they could find that again.

Haven't had chance to play a game yet, just setup Myclub and imported my own kits and badge for my team! Will have a proper go tomorrow! Just a tad frustrated with how easy this mode is and how quickly there will be 5 star sides floating about again.

So played my first 2 games picked a random serie B team stuck it on Superstar, playing at Stadio Orione vs Lecce

enjoyable game but a bit too easy if anything I ended up winning 2-1 all 3 goals in the match were great to see but zero fouls hmm then I played Napoli same settings I was a bit let down at first I dominated the 1st half possession was 69% to me 0-0 HT then they came to life in the second half and I was camped in for most of it until Insigne put a rocket past me on the edge of the box the game finished 1-0 but I had some half chances and the game finished with 1 foul

I have never been one to complain about fouls except the lack of pens but its clearly an issue on 2020 needs looking at

passing on lvl 1 was too easy even with crap serie b players

Superstar in exhibition wasn't difficult enough I need to check it in ML but im a sadist I like it to be insanely difficult

loved seeing the mistakes by the AI misplaced passes, bad first touches finally we have some randomness that creates fun moments

overall early impressions are positive after the dreadful 2019 vs AI

Oh shut up! We're in this situation because of you! Always pulling your strings to get the game tweaked in your favour!

Yeah, can't help but think it's all his fault. I haven't played the final game yet. And even if it is waiting for me at home I'm pissed and won't appreciate it anyway. But when I do play it and if I don't like it I'm up for a bit of scapegoating.

Guys is it best to wait for Thursday’s data pack before installing the PES Universe option file?

I don’t want to edit everything tonight and then the data pack messes with it all on Thursday.

Played a few games now (PC version is 1.01.01) and while it certainly feels different to the demo, I'm very much enjoying it.

I want to quickly make a point about the number of fouls, but before anyone gets angry at me there's two important things to remember - I don't just want a reasonable NUMBER of fouls, but I want the referees to be making the RIGHT decisions. 10 fouls a game means nothing to me if 8 of them were perfectly fair tackles.

That being said; personally I much, MUCH prefer the toned-down number of fouls. The amount of perfectly fair tackles that the demo blew for free kicks was infuriating for me. However, what this has caused is that I totally understand why people now believe that pressure makes it too easy to tackle, because it definitely is now that you aren't punished for it. But putting that aside for a second; as far as I can see the ref is blowing for things he SHOULD be, and not blowing for things he shouldn't, which has to be a good thing right?? If I was Konami I'd now focus on a way to make the actual defending controls more difficult, which would in turn encourage more fouls. In my eyes arbitrarily creating more fouls by simply making the referees more strict is absolutely the wrong way to go. The game seems to recognise what a foul IS (for the most part in my limited time playing!), and instead of ruining that for the sake of hitting a quota of fouls, just work out a way to make defending a challenge.

That's just my 2 cents anyway.

If you play someone out of position in Myclub, does it actually make them play worse/downgrade their individual stats?

I've got my Bale to a 92, but bizarrely if you have him as a RMF as I do, rather than his set RWF position, he goes all the way down to an 85 (ridiculous difference for such a similar position), and I'm finding him poor.

You can pretty much ignore OVR. It's just an average of whatever 4 or 5 stats PES deems the most important for that position. Bale's long pass is only 77 and his defending stats are really, really low. At least one of these probably isn't taken into account when judging a player at RW, hence the drop in OVR.

Last edited:
Played a few games now (PC version is 1.01.01) and while it certainly feels different to the demo,...

giphy.gif

Okay my findings for what they are worth! Played 3 games of the demo while full game was updating. Juve v Arsenal Top Player @ Nou Son Arena. No going into gameplan just 3 games kicked off and then the exact same on the full game.

Full game is even more like the PS2 titles than the demo, Players are even more responsive, Slightly faster passing speed and at this point id say it's a bit more 'fun' like the PS2 games were. Shooting i didnt notice any difference. Fouls were less although the AI fouled me 5 times in the first game and only once in the other two. AI is without a doubt a step up from the demo and a bit more human like.

Having had the demo ingrained in me at this point i would say it feels more arcadey so if your wanting a hardcore realistic football title they have gone slightly in the other direction to the more fun side of things which tbh i think i prefer. The big test now will be playing 100 games and then going back to the demo to see how that feels.

Now it's time for an old firm at Ibrox.
Excellent take! You just put away any doubts I had. Now I'm excited :PIG:

i wish the OVR ratings disaperaed or if only there was an option to turn them off at least.
I love looking for players by looking at stats, traits and the geometrical figure (hexagon i believe?).. i feel its the way to go
Obv is easier for kids or casual players just to rate by OVR ratings imo, no offense

This 100%.
I'm all for spicing things up, giving the old girl a new lick of paint and everything, but surely someone must have noticed that the pitches look radioactive!?

It's like the grass has been plucked straight out of Chernobyl. I'd be afraid to play on a pitch that looks like that! I'd walk on with 10 toes and walk off with 12 :D.

There are some settings I changed on my tv that really helped. If anyone has an LG Oled tv, let me know and I’ll post my settings. The grass looks insane with those settings.

as far as I can see the ref is blowing for things he SHOULD be, and not blowing for things he shouldn't

Unfortunately this is not the case. There are many occasions where a foul certainly should be called but isn't. PES in recent years has prioritised fast and flowing gameplay over enforcing basic football rules. The PES2020 demo was a promising development. You're not allowed simply to barge into other players in football, but modern football gamers expect to be able to do exactly that by holding their favourite buttons and not be penalised. So here we are.

@Chuny
:LOL::LOL:
I honestly didn't think it would be the case, but whether I'm right or wrong I can only report on my own experiences, and using the same teams on the same settings things feel snappier and a tad quicker.

Though like I said, I enjoy it, and the first goal I conceded was Suarez bending in a beauty from 20 yards plus off the post. Took all of 3 minutes before I saw the AI score a better goal than they did in the entirety of 2019.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is not the case. There are many occasions where a foul certainly should be called but isn't. PES in recent years has prioritised fast and flowing gameplay over enforcing basic football rules. The PES2020 demo was a promising development. You're not allowed simply to barge into other players in football, but modern football gamers expect to be able to do exactly that by holding their favourite buttons and not be penalised. So here we are.

I've learnt to be a bit wary of even positing opinions and experiences here as, of course, people have different views on things and this stuff is important to them.

I can only say what I see, which is that even when pausing the game to view replays I was happy that the ref wasn't blowing the whistle. My own personal taste is I'd prefer the ref to let something go that's a little over the top as supposed to blowing the whistle for the most minute contact that I could barely even see.

But, as always, I'm not saying I'm right, it's down to taste.

@Chuny
:LOL::LOL:
I honestly didn't think it would be the case, but whether I'm right or wrong I can only report on my own experiences, and using the same teams on the same settings things feel snappier and a tad quicker.

Though like I said, I enjoy it, and the first goal I conceded was Suarez bending in a beauty from 20 yards plus off the post. Took all of 3 minutes before I saw the AI score a better goal than they did in the entirety of 2019.

Oh yeah, my gif was trying to express that I trust your judgement, so when you say it's different to the demo, then I'm in for a disappointment.
Anything that takes PES 2020 into a more similar route to PES 2019 as opposed to the Demo, will make me feel lonely, sad, desperate, depressed and vulnerable.

Hey guys! I have the same problem as I had with pes 2019! Whenever I try to create a friendly lobby and want to play a game vs my friend we always get a connection error! We can join the lobby bit when we want to start the game we have this error nö matter who creates the lobby!

Perhaps anybody can help me out with this... The funny Thing is that Team lobbies do function well! Exactly like last year!

I meant to say something about this the other day.

One of my games had a mostly empty stadium, and I was really impressed, I thought "what a great touch".

It was immediately undone by the commentator saying "the double-decker buses have been lining up outside all day, dropping off thousands of people, all queueing up to see one of the most historic fixtures in football".

Niort vs Paris FC.

Konami, you're fucking useless, honestly.

Hahahha, oh well, I never have the commentary on anyway. It's great that certain fixtures won't have full attendance though! That's great! :BOP:

Back
Top Bottom