eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

The Konami artists are incredible, Ibrox sunny day i've not seen a football game look this good EVER! Stadium wise they seem to of put an insane amount of detail into it and have the lighting absolutely spot on and the correct shade of green for the grass. Even the shadows on the Govan and Copland stands are perfect. 10/10

No real face for Jack is a bit weird though, How can a partner club not have real faces for the main players in the team?

pes2018_flamengo_01.jpg

Now after the storm turns on calm, my last wish:

Can Konami make the enormous effort to add retro kit model as an option in edit mode?
We have seen in legends trailers that the 3d kit work it's done since 3 or 4 years, so why not add it to final game an make everyone happy and let us play with legends as it should be done...thanks

can anyone tell me where i find ronaldinho bought legends edition and cant find him anywhere. never tried that myclub before i cant understand it at all but it seems pretty crap that you cant pick your own formation or choose players to buy. anyway where the heck is ronaldinho?!!!! any help would be great thank you!

I'm afraid you have to go through the myClub tutorial and unlock him there. He should be in the "INBOX" after the tutorial is completed.

Edit: After you've collected him from there, you must manouver to the "Transfer" section -> "Agent" - "Special Agent" and find the corresponding agent for him. Then, hopefully, he's in your game.

Last edited:
can anyone tell me where i find ronaldinho bought legends edition and cant find him anywhere. never tried that myclub before i cant understand it at all but it seems pretty crap that you cant pick your own formation or choose players to buy. anyway where the heck is ronaldinho?!!!! any help would be great thank you!
If the bonuses aren't in already then you'll get them after Thursday's Live Update probably.
Is your game pre ordered?
Some bonuses are only for pre ordered editions.
Not sure about Ronaldinho if he is on normal version also.I think only in pre ordered but i'm not sure.

Wow this game is an absolute gem. The way cpu is changing its tactics is a dream come true. I've been down 0-2 against Norwich, I managed to get one back at 67min and after this it was the most intense game ever since around 1998 when I first started playing Konami's videogame.
I pushed forward gaining momentum, Norwich parked the bus and started hitting me with amazing counter attacks. Just beautiful seeing me putting cross after cross in their area as they intelligently filled the centre area giving no space to Madisson and Gray to shoot.
The deflections, the way defenders throw their bodies in front when you shoot, the goalkeepers, the off ball movements, everything is so well recreated.
I'm even thinking putting game length beyond 20mins. The build up play is a beauty.

The Konami artists are incredible, Ibrox sunny day i've not seen a football game look this good EVER! Stadium wise they seem to of put an insane amount of detail into it and have the lighting absolutely spot on and the correct shade of green for the grass. Even the shadows on the Govan and Copland stands are perfect. 10/10

No real face for Jack is a bit weird though, How can a partner club not have real faces for the main players in the team?
Completely disagree sorry. The lighting, turf colours and textures are all off in PES this year. PES 2019 pitches actually looked better.

I don't like these yellow looking pitches, it's weird.

Completely disagree sorry. The lighting, turf colours and textures are all off in PES this year. PES 2019 pitches actually looked better.

This 100%.
I'm all for spicing things up, giving the old girl a new lick of paint and everything, but surely someone must have noticed that the pitches look radioactive!?

It's like the grass has been plucked straight out of Chernobyl. I'd be afraid to play on a pitch that looks like that! I'd walk on with 10 toes and walk off with 12 :D.

Wonder if it would be worth us pushing an Arcade/Simulation options as a priority to the devs as opposed to singling out specific things to make it play in a certain way (yet). I think we would stand more of a chance if we do it that way.

Haven’t bought it yet after the recent pre vs post patch discussion...

Looking forward to seeing impressions from @Chris Davies @B-Man @rockstrongo et all
That Patch discussion is out of whack,I honestly didn't feel any difference (lees fouls though) from the demo.
Still hard as hell with the cam angle and PA0
I like it ,far superior both to Pes 18 and 19.

The only time PES had beautiful pitches was PES 2010, and we all know how fucking horrible that game was.

The ibrox pitch was not yellow in the slightest, Neither was Juve's stadium. Thats the only two i have played so far and the lighting/colour of grass was very good looking infact incredible looking. Having sat in the mainstand and clubdeck over 200 times i can assure you it's very real looking. You got ya TV set up right?

Edit: Unless you call the pitch when bathed in sunshine yellow?

Last edited:
The ibrox pitch was not yellow in the slightest, Neither was Juve's stadium. Thats the only two i have played so far and the lighting/colour of grass was very good looking infact incredible looking. Having sat in the mainstand and clubdeck over 200 times i can assure you it's very real looking. You got ya TV set up right?

I think it depends much on the Bright/Contrast settings in relation with the tv/screen/monitor you have. Also I strongly believe that the suggested settings from Konami with the Balls and the logos produces something that seems completely off, at least to my TV
I believe this cause I watched turfs in many videos of dudes here and comparing them to the same turf in my screen, mine looks gray like a Vanhelsing forest and in the other people videos , they are so bright/electric green like a grasshopper.

I'm gonna wait with buying the game until i see opinions i trust after the 1st patch dropped. Pretty sure PES is on sale very quick every year, Legend Edition should cost 50 bucks in a few weeks.

Nah for me the lighting in 20 is an obvious step backwards from 19. Some of the South American stadims are "burn your eyes out" bright. Looks very FIFA cartoony this year unfortunately

Nah for me the lighting in 20 is an obvious step backwards from 19. Some of the South American stadims are "burn your eyes out" bright. Looks very FIFA cartoony this year unfortunately
Lightning on 19 is better,no question there.
On the other hand not one game out there touches Pes 19 in looks.
I've seen a few yellow pitches,mainly on generic stadiums.

Only played the 19 demo but it must of looked incredible if this year is a step back. Could you post some Ibrox comparisons.

Anyone else finding the game a bit slow on PS4?

Might be my disk drive struggling, but booted up an online game and couldn't get past the stadium entrance screen.

I meant to say something about this the other day.

One of my games had a mostly empty stadium, and I was really impressed, I thought "what a great touch".

It was immediately undone by the commentator saying "the double-decker buses have been lining up outside all day, dropping off thousands of people, all queueing up to see one of the most historic fixtures in football".

Niort vs Paris FC.

Konami, you're fucking useless, honestly.

Reminds me of "One look and you know where you are, one of the most recognisable arenas in the modern game" or something along them lines. Works well at Old Trafford or San Siro. Doesn't make quite as much sense when you're playing as 2 small teams at "Sports Park" :LOL:

One question to editor's:
It's possible to use any stadium you want for every team in the game? In other words did they lifted the intercontinental stadium restriction?

I'm gonna wait with buying the game until i see opinions i trust after the 1st patch dropped. Pretty sure PES is on sale very quick every year, Legend Edition should cost 50 bucks in a few weeks.

I generally agree with waiting until a sale to purchase games these days, but I tend to make an exception for PES and sometimes FIFA. Earliest you’ll most likely get a sale is on Black Friday though.

I have to say Konami have done a great job online. This is the first pes where stats have mattered.

I can easily intercept passing lanes, easily win headers against small strikers. Out pass the other team etc.

Well done

Its me again, having calmed down a bit. Goddamit.

I will probably get to play the game tomorrow, but could anyone post starting eleven of San Marino? It's gonna be my team for the year, I'm so curious! :D

Back
Top Bottom