eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Fucking bullshit! Nothing wrong with my eyes.

Just my opinion my man, didn’t mean to imply that those with differing opinions are wrong. The placebo comment was mostly made in jest.

I understand your frustration, it sucks to be expecting one thing then get the rug pulled out from under you. I just think it’s interesting that there are so many varying experiences on the game.

Hope you can find a way to enjoy the game, because personally I do think there is a very solid game of footy here.

Please can someone confirm whether the lines "SPARKLING! ABSOLUTELY SPARKLING!" are in this year's game? if they are then god help Jim Beglin and his entire family tree :D
Confirming that quote is still in the game lol. The high class goalkeeping high class wage line is still in the game too hahah! Sounds ok when someone like De Gea is in goals but not when you're some small club. There's just too much yelling and screaming with the commentary.. does my head in!

I suppose I'm in the minority since I quite like the retail version of PES 2020. Surprisingly, I'm enjoying myself more than the demo, minus the lack of fouls. I don't quite understand the complaints about the lack of inertia/momentum when it comes to dribbling. Here's a bit of play (all one sequence) I did with Havertz while playing a Randomized match.

Ended with a speculative effort on my part, but I was skinning defenders like this with him for the full 90.

I’m at a really strange point in my early days with 2020.

I’ve stopped playing at 1h50 cos steam won’t let me refund it after 2h.

Thing is I do like the game, genuinely. It is a good game of football. My problem is that I wanted PES 2020, I wanted the demo with more teams, not PES 2020.5.

The issue currently is I don’t see (especially when modded on pc) what this offers that I don’t already have.

But as I said it’s a good game. I just currently feel like I own two of the same game.

Reactions: Db3
So apparently derby matches are hard again...just lost 0:8 against river plate (top player / PA0)

The match was overall enjoyable and river plate played some fantastic football, apart from two or three rebound-goals and two undefendable freekick goals i felt justified to be overrun like that...however it also highlighted my main gripe with the game so far: my players don‘t stand a chance physically. They get pushed off the ball way too easy, even when the AI attacks from behind...it‘s as if the CPU is lava, once i touch it i‘ll lose the ball 75% certain. It just disrupts the flow very hard and somehow it doesn‘t happen for the AI. Perhaps it‘s because my players don‘t have good enough stats (boca junior), perhaps it‘s the way i play that leads to that..whatever it is, i‘m not too fond of it right now and in fact i hope it‘s because of how i play because in that case i could at least get better at the game...

I really really enjoy the game but this keeps disrupting the flow.

Attachments

• 8455FA68-0052-4A84-8277-68F2AF996FF8.jpeg
    8455FA68-0052-4A84-8277-68F2AF996FF8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Everyone has a right to their own opinion but if you say the AI is the same as 2019 in variation I might have to question your sanity

I played hundreds of games on 2019 vs AI on legendary and superstar and 2020 is night and day compared to that but still there's some niggling issues but right now I'm grateful it's playable

Played a few vanilla games before playing exactly the same games under the same conditions after installing the patch.

My observations after patching:

- Same physicality but fewer fouls. Not necessarily a criticism as decisions were questionable either way.

- CPU became more direct with longer balls played into the striker. Meant that more of the game was played in my half and I created far fewer chances post-patch.

- Passing becomes slicker, maybe too slick. Not PES 2019 level but all too easy to rattle of those one-touch and one-two passes. First touch feels slightly worse than in 19 which means the attack will slow down if you decide to take an extra touch.

There are more but you're probably bored of reading already. I wasn't as moist about the demo as others and I think we have a good game on our hands. All in I preferred the vanilla matches I had, despite the fact I found it much easier to create chances and score. But I'm too casual and shallow a player to stay true to the vanilla build and miss out on other updates.

Best advice to those who have yet to take the plunge: the reference point is what you think is a good football game. Not the demo, not 19 and certainly not what I think.

[/NO HELP]

Demo felt so free and this release is like in rails. What an earth did they do?
Animations were also so fluid and feels like they took away from there to improve responsiveness.
My son who had played 5 years fifa told me when playing demo that it is the best football game. Period.
And after full game release said it moved more towards fifa.
Hard to believe why they did it because demo was so well received. So disappointed now.

The game postpatch could look better, without bugs, with better ball awarness, with more active teamates, with better AI in attack...

But it feels boring, out of control and souless...

Enjoyed playing demo last month like I don't remember... bored after playing few matches on final game

Everyone has a right to their own opinion but if you say the AI is the same as 2019 in variation I might have to question your sanity

I played hundreds of games on 2019 vs AI on legendary and superstar and 2020 is night and day compared to that but still there's some niggling issues but right now I'm grateful it's playable

I have to agree with you. People saying its pes2019 have either no idea what are they talking about or have placebo effect.

The Ai have a couple of flaws, but overall its by far the best AI I have ever played against all sports game included. There is no cheating, the adapt their tactics well and capitalise on your mistake. Good team play good football and bad team play badly.

Yes the demo was great, but the more im playing, the more a realise top players in real life have better touches than they had in the demo.So the tweak about having the ball glued is in the end a good fix. Bad overall players still have heavy touches.

I do think however, that the game needs more foul. Ive manage to understand how to get a couple of fouls out the dribble on the wings but there need to be more foul in the box and in the middle.

Best game by a mile people canceling their pre order need to get their self together and give this game some time and try playing the game from a different perspective and without your in-game automatism. I really do think the upcoming patches will fix the game even more.

Just had one of my best games ever. I was PSG vs Juve (AI) away on superstar. Fuck me its hard this year. They dominated me the whole game so I decided to attack more during the last 5 mins. They started getting more aggressive and fouled me on the edge of the box. Neymar, who was on poor form and hadn’t done shit all game steps up and puts it in off the bar in the 91st minute! (Had to take off his shirt to celebrate lol)

I’m at a really strange point in my early days with 2020.

I’ve stopped playing at 1h50 cos steam won’t let me refund it after 2h.

Thing is I do like the game, genuinely. It is a good game of football. My problem is that I wanted PES 2020, I wanted the demo with more teams, not PES 2020.5.

The issue currently is I don’t see (especially when modded on pc) what this offers that I don’t already have.

But as I said it’s a good game. I just currently feel like I own two of the same game.
Then cancel it on steam, get your refund, get it on disc and stick to vanilla ;)

Unless you don't have a console of course.

So we can all agree on this right? Confirmed changes so for from the demo to the latest update:

• Less fouls called. You can tell even the crowd whistles for fouls sometimes and it's not given.
  • More direct play by the CPU. The CPU avoid midfield even more.
  • Easier passing.
  • Everything is less random. Like less random bad touches. Less random bad tackles by CPU, etc.
Anymore other changes? I think i can get by with these changes as long as everything else is the same as demo, I will purchase it.

@Topaz
Definitely less fouls called
CPU is less direct than in the demo from what I've experienced. AI is overall good and varied. Seen a bunch of times the CPU taking time on the ball and passing back when I'm blocking the forward passing lanes.
As for the last 2 I haven't noticed a difference here but others will certainly disagree.

My opinion: pick it up, it's a great game of football.

So we can all agree on this right? Confirmed changes so for from the demo to the latest update:

• Less fouls called. You can tell even the crowd whistles for fouls sometimes and it's not given.
    More direct play by the CPU. The CPU avoid midfield even more.
    Easier passing.
    Everything is less random. Like less random bad touches. Less random bad tackles by CPU, etc.
Anymore other changes? I think i can get by with these changes as long as everything else is the same as demo, I will purchase it.

The game I just played against Juve, they used the midfield a lot and were patient

Easier passing.
    Everything is less random. Like less random bad touches. Less random bad tackles by CPU, etc.

Less physicality...ball carrier falls down with the lightest hit
AI defenders like magnets
Ball controll worsened

Looks likely I'll get it this weekend, not sure if this was Konami's plan all along but I'm really curious to see the differences between the demo and the patched release for myself. :P

Hope I won't be disappointed!

Easier passing.

I dont agree, the CPU is not more direct and they dont avoid midfield even more. The CPU is just more solid, more aggressive when you play good teams as it should be. Ive played barca, and the CPU was playing from the back with their CB controlling the pace and the midfield delivering good balls. this is not pes 2019. the CPU actually plays a solid game.

However, theres need to be more fouls.

Just had one of my best games ever. I was PSG vs Juve (AI) away on superstar. Fuck me its hard this year. They dominated me the whole game so I decided to attack more during the last 5 mins. They started getting more aggressive and fouled me on the edge of the box. Neymar, who was on poor form and hadn’t done shit all game steps up and puts it in off the bar in the 91st minute! (Had to take off his shirt to celebrate lol)
I'm finding playing on Superstar extremely hard this year. Finding it hard to create chances and to dribble past players. I think I'm trying to play the game like I played 19, which is the issue. When I just take a deep breath and start playing more calmly and keeping possession I can eventually get my players through behind the lines. But it takes patience. I haven't been able to go all out attack and exploit anybody's defence yet. Looks like there's a decent learning curve in place for the new game. Hopefully this is the case anyway and they haven't made the AI too unrealistically good.

7 games without a win on my Genoa ML,finally had one Vs Sampdoria,3-2
Being a derby it was plenty enough of roughness.
6-9 in freekicks
4-4 in yellow cards
Two injuries for me,the last one after I'd made all my subs,saw the game out with 10 men
IMG_20190911_033148.jpg
I now have a 1 month and a 3 month injury,only had two shorter before

One thing I've done is changing the cam,still stadium but without the angle.
Suddenly I can cross and head again

7 games without a win on my Genoa ML,finally had one Vs Sampdoria,3-2
Being a derby it was plenty enough of roughness.
6-9 in freekicks
4-4 in yellow cards
Two injuries for me,the last one after I'd made all my subs,saw the game out with 10 men
View attachment 19477
I now have a 1 month and a 3 month injury,only had two shorter before

One thing I've done is changing the cam,still stadium but without the angle.
Suddenly I can cross and head again
Nice post. Those stats are telling me that it was a really good/entertaining game. Did you feel much satisfaction getting the win with 10 men and with the game being so close? Or did it all feel a bit meh?

Nice post. Those stats are telling me that it was a really good/entertaining game. Did you feel much satisfaction getting the win with 10 men and with the game being so close? Or did it all feel a bit meh?
Felt good mate,I hoofed it from the 79th min and fw.
Pulled down my whole team.
I usually play 3-5-2,but needed to set it up differently to defend my lead and went ,4-4-1,very deep Def line.

Noob question here.... I just bought the silver membership from PESUniverse. Is the option file available yet? I can't seem to find it? It might not be out but I'm reading alot on their site about sending a USB.... That wouldn't make sense as I'm in the US.

Also, was there a 1.01 patch too or just 1.02? I got the game today and installed 1.02, maybe I'm a noob but the game is playing beautiful right now.

How long is everyone playing their match time? I’ve been doing my standard 20 minute on top player but I’m beginning to think even that is a bit too short. Might try 25 for the next couple.

I think they nailed the tempo this year.

Noob question here.... I just bought the silver membership from PESUniverse. Is the option file available yet? I can't seem to find it? It might not be out but I'm reading alot on their site about sending a USB.... That wouldn't make sense as I'm in the US.

Also, was there a 1.01 patch too or just 1.02? I got the game today and installed 1.02, maybe I'm a noob but the game is playing beautiful right now.
There was 1.01 afaik from reading the posts here then 1.02.

Back
Top Bottom