eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Konami did it again for ML players :D I don't bye this year version and play Pes 18 if i wan't play ML. I only play offline ML and couple of time year with my friend. Pes 18 is my choose for that, I have Pes 18 and 19. 2020 i don't bye that's for sure.. :D

Is there anyone else who ordered from Simple Games and still waiting for theirs. Got a text on Friday saying its been dispatched by first class Royal Mail, but still nothing :CONFUSE: Customer Services said give it a few more days and its only officially lost if its been 10 days:CURSE:

Done with the switching. Final conclusion: this game.. you get out of it what you put into it. It can be absolutely horrible when you're mindset is to pick out every little niggle (not that we shouldnt, we should!). It can be an absolute dream when you are fully drawn into it and you see your input is exactly represented on the pitch.

I for one am going to stop comparing and start embracing and exploring this little gem. And i will do it with commentary off, nicely zoomed in to be close to the drama, see all those little touches, a bit layed back as well on professional, as if it where summer night friendly and, most importantely, act like the sprint button is a hundred degrees ceclius. See you next year :p

Last edited:
F it, I got the download version in the end. Haven't played the demo in a while so I think I'll be alright. Letting it download until I finish work today

Look at his bench, FFS!

I mean, A) how are you supposed to compete, and B) how is it fun? You've got a title-winning team already, what's left but to play matches? If that's all you want to do, why not just play as Brazil in random matchmaking games?

Not blaming him, obviously - I'm just saying, what a completely boring mode. Nothing to work towards and/or aim for over time.
To be fair you could say this for Man City in real life also lol.

There are some sad people playing especially online.They don't care much about building up teams.Winning is like a dopamine injection.So they just want to win.When you play against a soulless AI it's not the same.When you play against an other breathing living human being,that's when the egoistic and antagonistic side of people comes to surface.That's why they use any exploit possible or even cheat.They know that they're acting like a bitch,but they still do it because they just can't stand to lose.Pretty pathetic obviously.

Still,there is a team strength filter in ranking matches so you can compete with any team you want from 1 to 5 stars and play only against similar opponents if you don't want to face superstar teams all the time.
Also there is a leveling up system for players so even if you have average or good players you're still caring about leveling them up and make them even better,so there still is some depth and a goal to achieve in there especially with young talents.FUT doesn't have these two things(although it has many other cool stuff that myClub is lacking)and it's obviously pay to win due to the lack of a team strength filter.

Today, patched it's better, but tomorrow...who knows
46a25f27552f7bdd7dc4cc2d4ed9f32386bc9e16_hq.gif

Can't wait to try it by myself this noon and put end to this rollercoaster..

Someone asked the other day if the AI brings the keeper out:

(Let's not talk about the AI stopping my midfielder dead in his tracks for a second as he approaches the ball, before hitting the through pass to the striker...)

Also - you're me, you're Paris FC manager, your last five games have been 0-0. You need a win. It's the 90th minute. Your opponent isn't defending properly... IS THIS YOUR MOMENT? YOUR SHINING GLORY?

FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! :LOL:

Important update.

The girlfriend has just threatened to leave me if she hears "it may be flowing one way, but there's still plenty of time for some ebb" one more time.

I wouldn't loose a GF over a pile of crap honestly, same shit we get every year from Konami.
Played the PS4 version yesterday and it's a 2019 souless version of the demo. Ping pongy, players on rails, rocket mode players.
Too bad they crapped the demo out badly

I think it's being exaggerated.

The game is faster but putting down the game speed solved this.

The updated PS4 plays exactly like the PC version did after it was updated. Exactly. I'm 63 mins into a game, I've had 2 free kicks and a few advantages played.

I can't tell any differences apart from the initial pace increase, it's a very very good game of football.

That has never been officially confirmed
Well, actually it has been confirmed by Bhatti and on the official Website. But if your are looking for that now it has disappeared. It was said via note that the unlicensed Teams of Serie B and Brescia will be part of a later DP. Obviously they have changed that now, perhaps because EA recently announced that they will featue the Serie B.

I must admit that it bothers me. Ok, with the help of OF or Patches it is no big deal for me, but if you think About the poor XBox guys it is simply false Advertising. I also think that Bhatti deleted his post but in some of the streams he also mentioned that it will be licensed later this year. What a joke!!!

Important update.

The girlfriend has just threatened to leave me if she hears "it may be flowing one way, but there's still plenty of time for some ebb" one more time.

PES 2019 commentary meeting:
"How can we improve the commentary from last year? Complete overhaul?"
"Nah let's just add some lines about buses arriving before each game, that should do it"

(Let's not talk about the AI stopping my midfielder dead in his tracks for a second as he approaches the ball, before hitting the through pass to the striker...)

Also - you're me, you're Paris FC manager, your last five games have been 0-0. You need a win. It's the 90th minute. Your opponent isn't defending properly... IS THIS YOUR MOMENT? YOUR SHINING GLORY?

This... made my day!

PES 2019 commentary meeting:
"How can we improve the commentary from last year? Complete overhaul?"
"Nah let's just add some lines about buses arriving before each game, that should do it"
I meant to say something about this the other day.

One of my games had a mostly empty stadium, and I was really impressed, I thought "what a great touch".

It was immediately undone by the commentator saying "the double-decker buses have been lining up outside all day, dropping off thousands of people, all queueing up to see one of the most historic fixtures in football".

Niort vs Paris FC.

Konami, you're fucking useless, honestly.

i've played one 15 min match of the full game and it's painfully obvious they have gone too far in removing the over-zealous referees of the demo. fouls are back to being nearly non-existant.

I played 1 League Mode match between Millwall v Barnsley on default settings (PA1, Basic, Superstar) and the gameplay still feels pretty nice. Barnsley were away from home and set off very defensively which was reflected by their 2 bar ATT/DEF level, they were pretty deep but had no defensive advanced instructions enabled so definitely no deep defensive line, they allowed me to have the ball as much as i wanted until the final 3rd where they would get tight and repel, if they got hold of the ball they were trying to counter directly, not sure if that is tactical or whether the AI will always go direct or not so need to play more games there.

From a human user perspective, PA1 is too easy, i expected some kind of natural error from my players being rougly OVRs around 68-70 but i was pinging the passes pretty well, barnsley on the other hand were making mistakes which was nice to see from a superstar AI, some misplaced passes and one shot that pinged harmlessly wide at an angle i've not really seen before.

midway through the second half the AI upped their ATT/DEF level by one and turned on wing rotation advance instructions, it meant they tried to attack a little more and left some gaps where i could start to pass along the ground from midfield to my strikers. ultimately this is how i would score, with my striker picking the ball up with back to goal, turning round and putting one in the corner from 20 yards. On basic shooting it was incredibly unsatisfying and was a bit of a pot shot so wasn't really happy with the fact that i scored.

ultimately there are a lot of improvements in this game that are evident simply from one match, there is increased error, slightly more adaptabile and advanced AI, i will have to probably switch to manual passing and shooting to make the most out of the game perhaps. the biggest downer is fouls, why they would make such a negative change from the demo is beyond me, i've tweeted Adam to ask them to change it back, it won't help but it needs to be done to make this game even better

Well, actually it has been confirmed by Bhatti and on the official Website. But if your are looking for that now it has disappeared. It was said via note that the unlicensed Teams of Serie B and Brescia will be part of a later DP. Obviously they have changed that now, perhaps because EA recently announced that they will featue the Serie B.

I must admit that it bothers me. Ok, with the help of OF or Patches it is no big deal for me, but if you think About the poor XBox guys it is simply false Advertising. I also think that Bhatti deleted his post but in some of the streams he also mentioned that it will be licensed later this year. What a joke!!!

Are there screenshots that confirm this? I've followed Bhatti on Twitter for a while now (multiple years), but I haven't seen anything like that. There was some mention about updating part of Serie B and the Belgian League, but that's about the two teams (Brescia and Mechelen) because of some strange late promotion/relegation.

I had a great moment at 4am last night :) realised I must be enjoying it as I was still playing it.

There are some great animations when play is stopped. I had it where after offside, Ronaldo walked up, flicked it up and backheeled it in. Had some cracking games with the Hammers, I don't usually play as city because of how good they are on the game now, miss being able to play with them. West Ham V Crystal Palace was a joy to play on minus 1.
Come on you Hammers!

Can't wait to start a Master League with the Master League Players.

Does anyone know if PES WORLD is creating kits this year?

I presume the striker is right footed? If so i like the fact that he wasn't confident enough in his ability to produce with the left and tries his best open his body up (but not enough) and thus the shot is still a bad attempt at placing or curling around the keeper. So in that instance, the context was correct.

Last year he'd have buried it with his left willy-nilly or curled it fantastically around the keeper even if the body shape doesn't marry up.

It's those moments that PES are all about, Not too many where every game becomes a gif highlight reel but when you get sequences like this you actually hold your head in sheer disbelief "How did that not go in!"

Also, Has hell frozen over - Are you playing on Manual??

EDIT: Quote error, Couldn't bloody figure out what i did wrong!

Is there another patch since Saturday for ps4? Keep reading about patches
No.

Also, Has hell frozen over - Are you playing on Manual??
Nope. PA1, but occasionally I'll break out the manual modifier button. For one reason only - certain situations you just know the AI is going to screw you over, and if I have time, I think "I'm going to make sure this shot doesn't go wide".

Then I smash it over the bar and wish I was a different man.

Important update.

hahahaha she could at least threaten you with sleeping on the Sofa 1st?

On of my favourites was the "He has just entered the last chance saloon"... Where is this Saloon?

Well, actually it has been confirmed by Bhatti and on the official Website.

No it wasn't. Some 'PESAsia' account is the only place that has ever 'confirmed' it.

Are there screenshots that confirm this? I've followed Bhatti on Twitter for a while now (multiple years), but I haven't seen anything like that. There was some mention about updating part of Serie B and the Belgian League, but that's about the two teams (Brescia and Mechelen) because of some strange late promotion/relegation.

Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom