eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Man, Konami really need to hire proper graphic designers and marketing folks. Those countdown posts with different teams did not do them any good. All these pro fifa pages/troll pages all over social media are making fun of them (especially the Bayern Munich one) you see posts like “this is why **** is better” etc etc. These guys don’t know how to do the most basic things lol

Having solely pressured the PC demo and now playing the full game on PS4.

Definitely feels faster, speed, reactions? No idea just moves along at a faster pace, but it might be due to the players feeling less weighty than on the PC demo.

CPU has got worse, can bring the ball up the pitch with a CB untackled. Not possible in the demo, also you can tackle by just holding down X as no free kicks are given.

Thanks for confirming, so, if I remember right that means Venezia has been added at the last minute to replace Palermo? :D
All I know (having just checked) is that all current Serie A teams are in the game, in Serie A (with Brescia unlicensed). With Serie B being entirely fake names, it's difficult to know who's who... But there's no Palermo in either league (licensed or otherwise).

That thing with the Belgian league is no longer relevant now is that right? so Mechelen remain?
Mechelen are still there in the Belgian league (in the game), yep.

Still unlicensed. "Brutie". No Palermo, though.

Okay thanks mate! :) Palermo should have the name SI Pink Black and should already be in the other European league. ;)
Maybe Brescia will be licensed when Serie B will (hopefully) be licensed.

Thanks for confirming, so, if I remember right that means Venezia has been added at the last minute to replace Palermo? :D

That thing with the Belgian league is no longer relevant now is that right? so Mechelen remain?

Venezia is DL Green Black Orange and should be already in the Serie B.

Okay thanks mate! :) Palermo should have the name SI Pink Black and should already be in the PES league. ;)
Maybe Brescia will be licensed when Serie B will (hopefully) be licensed.
SI Pink Black exists in "Other European Leagues", with entirely fake players, having just looked a few up...

I still can't believe that it isn't out on PC (Steam) yet. Are they messing with us?.
You tryna hold back the power of the Modding Community, Konami? You can't mess with us!
The messers will become the messies!

:LMAO:

Im not leaving the house to get mine til you report back :SAL:

:) Still processing everything. Checkout @Richjie elaborate review on page 28. Its very close to my thoughts at the moment.

I am just switching back and forth between post patch and demo and the more i do the less difference i find. The placebo is strong on this one.

Ofcourse, the obvious thing are the fouls. Its toned down but still more senstive then 19. Especially at first, you feel less protected when you dont know where the line is so to say. Therefore you dont dare to get yourself in tight situations so much. Now that i am learning what i can and cannot do its getting a bit better.

The other obvious difference is the AI. In the full game, on top player, they swarm you. And then, when they have the ball, they immediatly know what to do next. Did not like that at all. Deciding on my next step is a carefull process and it should also feel that way for the CPU. Especially when you play very zoomed in (4/5/8) it feels weird the CPU can pickout players in a split second who are not even on your screen.

I thus switched to prof and wow, what a difference, much more human like, much more like the demo but then minus the many situations where the CPU just walks into you and you can grab the ball. So thats good.

Passing i am still testing. It somehows feel as if it takes less effort to keep the ball down on the ground. In the demo almost every pass would hop a bit off the ground and it seemed to have a bit more swerve. Arguably this might not be the most realistic but it did cause more deflections and random things to happen, i think(!).

It opened the game up and put you and the CPU constantly on the wrong feet. Together with fouls it made for a very tense game in the second and final third of the pitch where every touch mattered and everything could happen. I am still trying to find that same feeling in the post patch full game and i am confident its there.

Its not only the placebo effect i am battling against, its also hard to play and enjoy a game when your mind is trying to analyse things, trying to spot changes so i have to really give it some time.

Last edited:
Okay my findings for what they are worth! Played 3 games of the demo while full game was updating. Juve v Arsenal Top Player @ Nou Son Arena. No going into gameplan just 3 games kicked off and then the exact same on the full game.

Full game is even more like the PS2 titles than the demo, Players are even more responsive, Slightly faster passing speed and at this point id say it's a bit more 'fun' like the PS2 games were. Shooting i didnt notice any difference. Fouls were less although the AI fouled me 5 times in the first game and only once in the other two. AI is without a doubt a step up from the demo and a bit more human like.

Having had the demo ingrained in me at this point i would say it feels more arcadey so if your wanting a hardcore realistic football title they have gone slightly in the other direction to the more fun side of things which tbh i think i prefer. The big test now will be playing 100 games and then going back to the demo to see how that feels.

Now it's time for an old firm at Ibrox.

The Master Race strikes again

:P

Nah... no such thing as that.
But we've been treated like dirt time and time again by them.
They refused to give us a demo version (before the full game came out) for 3 or 4 years in a row.
And then, when they finally reverted that, they started releasing the game through Steam, which for some odd reason won't let us pre-load the game and unlocks it way past the middle of the day. So it's never actually out ON release day. We still must wait several hours.

I think the game post patch is better..

You still have the miscontrol and have to think about touch..

They just smoothed out the rough edges..

It’s such a better game in the last third now and the AI is better..Especially forwards,there movement..

The through ball has come into its own now..

Nothing feels overpowered though or unbalanced..Just having more opportunities up front..Doesn’t always equate to more goals though and I don’t think the games become any easier..Physicality and big players using there weight and being able to hold the ball up is still there..Some times your knocked off the ball easier then others.

I don’t use pa1 so cant judge that..But pa0 feels more stat influenced...It’s just tighter and less inaccurate..

The games just so much more fluid and smooth post patch..

Back
Top Bottom