eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

So time for my Annual PES post. I got the game early as ShopTo posted it on Friday and it came on Saturday morning. I played the HELL out of it through out Saturday and Sunday and found myself instantly back where I was last year. Ok so the game isn't as stiff as last year BUT... it still feels as if it is on some kind of Rail Road? The gameplay in general feels "Dumbed Down" if that makes sense? Shooting... jesus I should have trusted my instincts from the Demo and not bought this thing based on the Shooting alone... its just meh.

Last night I decided to do a Europa League with Man U and scored the most meh goal ever on Superstar Difficulty. Through Ball from PrimaDonna Pogba to RashMiss... tap Square... goal. Didn't have to even THINK about where Rashford was positional wise OR whether the ball was on his best foot or not... tap Square.. Top Bins... Goal. Meh. On FIFA there is a good chance that ball hits the post, bar or the Keeper gets a tip on it. I know what people will say "TDSAP try Advanced Shooting or Manual" but come on guys! This should come down to the stats of the player and NOT me having to Manually influence it.

Then Diogo Dalot… yes that great goalscorer Diogo Dalot latches on to a throughball and cuts the ball across the Keeper into the bottom corner of the goal! I had to look twice at who was celebrating as I had no idea who that was that had just scored…. What the hell Dalot!?

So yeah it feels like an empty experience once again. They have a tonne of licenses but don’t make proper use of them (there should be a tonne more stadiums in the game?). Why does this game still feel like it has elements from PES 2008 in it?

All in all… colour me extremely disappointed and I feel like I have allowed Konami to burn my fingers again.

That was just ONE of the many silly little errors that Konami still make year after year.

I’m not going to stick up for Konami when they’re still charging full price for a half finished game every year!
The game is half finished, Wth happened from when i went to bed and got up again. About to go and pick this up and it seems the board has well and truly been flipped a full 180. Is it that bad?

So time for my Annual PES post. I got the game early as ShopTo posted it on Friday and it came on Saturday morning. I played the HELL out of it through out Saturday and Sunday and found myself instantly back where I was last year. Ok so the game isn't as stiff as last year BUT... it still feels as if it is on some kind of Rail Road? The gameplay in general feels "Dumbed Down" if that makes sense? Shooting... jesus I should have trusted my instincts from the Demo and not bought this thing based on the Shooting alone... its just meh.

Last night I decided to do a Europa League with Man U and scored the most meh goal ever on Superstar Difficulty. Through Ball from PrimaDonna Pogba to RashMiss... tap Square... goal. Didn't have to even THINK about where Rashford was positional wise OR whether the ball was on his best foot or not... tap Square.. Top Bins... Goal. Meh. On FIFA there is a good chance that ball hits the post, bar or the Keeper gets a tip on it. I know what people will say "TDSAP try Advanced Shooting or Manual" but come on guys! This should come down to the stats of the player and NOT me having to Manually influence it.

Then Diogo Dalot… yes that great goalscorer Diogo Dalot latches on to a throughball and cuts the ball across the Keeper into the bottom corner of the goal! I had to look twice at who was celebrating as I had no idea who that was that had just scored…. What the hell Dalot!?

So yeah it feels like an empty experience once again. They have a tonne of licenses but don’t make proper use of them (there should be a tonne more stadiums in the game?). Why does this game still feel like it has elements from PES 2008 in it?

All in all… colour me extremely disappointed and I feel like I have allowed Konami to burn my fingers again.

Dam, All the positivity is evaporating into thin air. I feel as if im about to throw away 45 quid.

If it bothers you that much dont buy it and stop complaining on forums then? its quite simple haha

I don't think it bothers him that much. I think a thread discussing PES 2020 is the best place to talk about these things, no?

They are pretty minor issues (in that it's easy to resolve) but I imagine a lot of casual players wouldn't delve into the edit mode, so it is an opportunity lost to make a better impression out of the box, if that makes sense.

The game is half finished, Wth happened from when i went to bed and got up again. About to go and pick this up and it seems the board has well and truly been flipped a full 180. Is it that bad?

Dam, All the positivity is evaporating into thin air. I feel as if im about to throw away 45 quid.
I've said this many times. Judge the game yourself.

Again, this is a very good game of PES. I'm just getting fed up with seeing the same issues yet again with a PES game. The atmosphere, the bugs, the serious lack of crowd chants, the awful AI in Master League...it's not good enough.

BUT this is MY opinion, you need to play it for yourself.

Hi. When does the game get released on PC? i bought the game off steam last night and checked this morning if i can pre load and play it now but it seems that i cant? Wasnt it meant to be released today?

What's the point in a discussion forum if we don't actually discuss the issues with the game?

i just think that discussing cosmetic features is stupid as PES as always failed in this department. They only problem i have is why release the game to pc users at a later time than console users and why not have live update ready for the release day? That bothers me because it stops me playing ML.

I've said this many times. Judge the game yourself.

Again, this is a very good game of PES. I'm just getting fed up with seeing the same issues yet again with a PES game. The atmosphere, the bugs, the serious lack of crowd chants, the awful AI in Master League...it's not good enough.

BUT this is MY opinion, you need to play it for yourself.

So the issue's that have been in the series since 2003? :D That's okay then i know what im getting myself in for before picking it up.

Cruzeiro have also been allocated a generic stadium despite their real stadium being in the game.
Apparently there is legal trouble between Cruzeiro and the company that manages the Mineirao stadium: https://www.gazetaesportiva.com/tim...mento-mineirao-rompe-contrato-com-o-cruzeiro/

Surely they can hire an intern to ensure that Roma play at their home stadium and not a generic one?
The Stadio Olimpico is part of the Lazio license, so they probably aren't allowed to use it for Roma, too.

i just think that discussing cosmetic features is stupid as PES as always failed in this department. They only problem i have is why release the game to pc users at a later time than console users and why not have live update ready for the release day? That bothers me because it stops me playing ML.
I'm not just discussing comestic features though. I'm also saying that the AI is yet again super scripted in ML. There are bugs everywhere, more bugs than in PES 2019.

Something I see a lot is: Eg. On a counter attack, a through ball is available and my AI team mate will be one-on-one with the GK. My AI team mate is running alongside me. All he needs to do is run FORWARD into the space and I'll be face to face with GK for a chance to score. What does my AI team mate do? HE RUNS BACKWARDS. This has happened on several occassions now, it's infuriating.

It's like, in Master League, the CPU has decided the outcome of the match and this happens so you CAN'T win that particular game. It's a conspiracy theory, sure. But why else does this stuff happen? Again, it's so very BINARY, everything is calculated to an outcome before it happens. It's robotic, it's not football.

I'm not just discussing comestic features though. I'm also saying that the AI is yet again super scripted in ML. There are bugs everywhere, more bugs than in PES 2019.

Something I see a lot is: Eg. On a counter attack, a through ball is available and my AI team mate will be one-on-one with the GK. My AI team mate is running alongside me. All he needs to do is run FORWARD into the space and I'll be face to face with GK for a chance to score. What does my AI team mate do? HE RUNS BACKWARDS. This has happened on several occassions now, it's infuriating.

It's like, in Master League, the CPU has decided the outcome of the match and this happens so you CAN'T win that particular game. It's a conspiracy theory, sure. But why else does this stuff happen? Again, it's so very BINARY, everything is calculated to an outcome before it happens. It's robotic, it's not football.

yeah i agree the runs could be better but no player in real football makes perfect runs all the time i know that perticularrun is basic and should be in the game.

as for scripted ML its tought because i wouldnt like to win every game, but if it feels scripted il get back to you on that. There is that many features that influence results in ML like form,stamina,difficulty,player ratings, etc... if you play on a difficulty what challenges you any one of these could swing the game to the AI and you will loose its a tough one to judge if im being honest.

Trying to see if I can get a disc copy here in Iceland, the main retailer doesn't even have the game available for pre-order, not a word about it on their website. Meanwhile, Fifa 2020 has had pre-order banner on top of their website for weeks, go figure.

Trying to see if I can get a disc copy here in Iceland, the main retailer doesn't even have the game available for pre-order, not a word about it on their website. Meanwhile, Fifa 2020 has had pre-order banner on top of their website for weeks, go figure.
You'll b better off. Always a fail safe in case they fuck it up along the way with patches. You can reverse to 1.0 and rebel.. ;)

This game..

I’m now really enjoying version 1.01..

I think someone had altered the stats on the files I downloaded to import kits and badges..

Today when I updated I didn’t apply the kits and the game plays like version 1.0..

The only real difference is the cpu Ai closes the space quicker and isn’t as passive.My foul count has even been higher..

Weird..Everything just felt much more spongy and floaty when I updated yesterday..

It’s defineltly easier to score and break the line now..The miscontrol and error is still all there though..It’s just more fine tuned and consistent..

This game..

I’m now really enjoying version 1.01..

I think someone had altered the stats on the files I downloaded to import kits and badges..

Today when I updated I didn’t apply the kits and the game plays like version 1.0..

The only real difference is the cpu Ai closes the space quicker and isn’t as passive.My foul count has even been higher..

Weird..Everything just felt much more spongy and floaty when I updated yesterday..

It’s defineltly easier to score and break the line now..
giphy.gif

What happens to OF kits when you delete patches? Do they stay on the drive and appear in game again if you patch it back up?
No, unfortunately if you decide to rebel - you gonna have to go full rebel, with leather pants and pitchfork. And you will have to edit all the team using in game shite editor or leave it as it is on vanilla. There is no way to update kits without being linked to Konami server and you need to be up to date for it. And kits dont stay when you delete the game.

No, unfortunately if you decide to rebel - you gonna have to go full rebel, with leather pants and pitchfork. And you will have to edit all the team using in game shite editor or leave it as it is on vanilla. There is no way to update kits without being linked to Konami server and you need to be up to date for it. And kits dont stay when you delete the game.

The Rebels were my people during the Star Wars, but it's looking increasingly like I will be joining the Dark Side on this one.

Haven`t posted for a few months until now. Reading the posts and feel that every year we go through same! I played the demo very little and I liked it very much, immediately saw the differences from 19. From my personal experience it`s very unpleasant finding differences in detail between versions becouse belive me that will kill all good things from the game for you! Guys just enjoy the game, we have a good game this year. Cheers to all :)

Isn't there a time window, where you can start game with Internet and disconnect it after the "press any button" screen?
Or it starts updating when you launch the PES app. automatically?

Isn't there a time window, where you can start game with Internet and disconnect it after the "press any button" screen?
Or it starts updating when you launch the PES app. automatically?
It doesnt, you can turn update off. But people tested it yesterday. Its not just internet connection, its Konami servers. And they wont let you connect unless you're up to date, otherwise you would have different game versions on the servers. So vanilla is proper vanilla. Without cream on top. ;)

It doesnt, you can turn update off. But people tested it yesterday. Its not just internet connection, its Konami servers. And they wont let you connect unless you're up to date, otherwise you would have different game versions on the servers. So vanilla is proper vanilla. Without cream on top. ;)
Weird cause on Thursday morning when KONAMi server is offline for maintenance, the OFs and images work correct, only just with the Sony PSN verification.

Weird cause on Thursday morning when KONAMi server is offline for maintenance, the OFs and images work only with the Sony PSN verification.
Well, im just going by what i heard. Havent tested it myself. So if you find a workaround you shall be named Evo-Web Hero and given sword of our forefathers. ;) :LOL:
But this might not be needed as even the patched game seems to be solid. So try it first. ;) ill be getting it today.

Back
Top Bottom