eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

15680990778566832004243190787571.jpg

giphy.gif

I will be having a digital PC version, so I don't think I can come back to version 1.0.
Guess I'll have to pray for that one guy, sitting in the basement of the Konami building, thinking "aahh.... enough with the last update, let's change it for good again...".

Stadium allocation is all over the place. Cruzeiro have also been allocated a generic stadium despite their real stadium being in the game. Both are easily fixed in edit mode though.

Also they've done a great job by adding all the European teams, nearly all fully licensed and then got half arsed at the end and put nearly all of them in Konami Stadium. Even teams like Andorra and Gibraltar play in Konami Stadium unless you edit it.
Konami really are amateurs at times. Their ineptitude never ceases to surprise me.

Got the Serie A license? Check.

Got Roma and the official Stadio Olimpico licenses? Check.

I know, let’s assign Roma to some dodgy generic stadium then.

Who makes these decisions at Konami? Why year after year after year do we get the same, ridiculous niggles? Who thought that playing domestic cup matches at a neutral stadium is a good idea? Do these guys at Konami actually watch real football?

Again, as a package, PES 2020 feels half arsed to me after spending three days with it. It still doesn’t feel like a full price game, it’s like something you’d download from Steam for 10 quid.

I’m wondering when/if we’ll ever get key issues address? And I’m not going to list them because I have before but the obvious contenders are a stadium editor, more crowd chants (seriously, what’s going on with the crowd in this? Sometimes no one makes a noise for like 5 minutes and all I can hear is the noise of the ball being kicked - it’s like my Spurs team have been punished by UEFA and the FA and that I’ve got to play games behind closed doors.)

I’m like a broken record. Every year I enjoy the gameplay to an extent but there’s always so much letting it down. And PES 2020 is extremely buggy, that review on NGM this morning nails it. I’ve had players not making runs at all when an obvious one v one is on, players falling over each other constantly, I’ve even seen a player run through the side of the goal net and then do this weird ‘floating along the ground thing’ because the game is trying to put the defender back in his position.

Everything is still so binary and stiff feeling at times. There’s still ridiculous scripting in Master League. It’s like fighting an uphill battle every. Single. Game.

I’m Spurs. When I play Burnley, why does their defence turn into Liverpool’s? Why does the game have to ‘cheat’ to make it challenging? Surely by now Konami would have explored other avenues when it comes to programming the AI. Every game in Master League is a long, hard slog and I feel exhausted afterwards, not content.

I loved this game when playing exhibition matches at the weekend but now I’ve played the Master League properly I’m starting to see all of my fears come true.

Last edited:
By the sounds of it my decision not to purchase this game turns out to be the right decision. Unless they plan to bring out a patch that not only reverts back to the quality of the demo but also improves on it, then no pes for me this year.

I havent bought the new slipknot album as its rubbish. I havent heard any of it just going by what a few people on the web said!
Until you try it how do you know you made the right decision?

I will be having a digital PC version, so I don't think I can come back to version 1.0.
Guess I'll have to pray for that one guy, sitting in the basement of the Konami building, thinking "aahh.... enough with the last update, let's change it for good again...".
I was playing the demo on PA0 professional difficulty (like you do if I remember right) at 11:30 last night,then started my full version at 12,I can't see or feel much difference at all.
Obviously it plays a bit differen on 20 min than 5,I like the CPU a lot more on full game and 20 min than a passive 5 min CPU.
You shouldn't be alarmed (unless live update or a patch fucks it up)

CPU is very varied in dribbling/shooting/passing
Then again how it plays on TP/SS,no clue,couldn't care less either since those difficulties are what they are
Give me a shout when you've played it pal

Konami really are amateurs at times. Their ineptitude never ceases to surprise me.

Who makes these decisions at Konami? Why year after year after year do we get the same, ridiculous niggles? Who thought that playing domestic cup matches at a neutral stadium is a good idea? Do these guys at Konami actually watch real football?

Again, as a package, PES 2020 feels half arsed to me after spending three days with it. It still doesn’t feel like a full price game, it’s like something you’d download from Steam for 10 quid.

I’m wondering when/if we’ll ever get key issues address? And I’m not going to list them because I have before but the obvious contenders are a stadium editor, more crowd chants (seriously, what’s going on with the crowd in this? Sometimes no one makes a noise for like 5 minutes and all I can hear is the noise of the ball being kicked - it’s like my Spurs team have been punished by UEFA and the FA and that I’ve got to play games behind closed doors.)

I’m like a broken record. Every year I enjoy the gameplay to an extent but there’s always so much letting it down. And PES 2020 is extremely buggy, that review on NGM this morning nails it. I’ve had players not making runs at all when an obvious one v one is on, players falling over each other constantly, I’ve even seen a player run through the side of the goal net and then do this weird ‘floating along the ground thing’ because the game is trying to put the defender back in his position.

Everything is still so binary and stiff feeling at times. There’s still ridiculous scripting in Master League. It’s like fighting an uphill battle every. Single. Game.

I’m Spurs. When I play Burnley, why does their defence turn into Liverpool’s? Why does the game have to ‘cheat’ to make it challenging? Surely by now Konami would have explored other avenues when it comes to programming the AI. Every game in Master League is a long, hard slog and I feel exhausted afterwards, not content.

I loved this game when playing exhibition matches at the weekend but now I’ve played the Master League properly I’m starting to see all of my fears come true.

just remember this game is is better then FIFA and less than half of the people work on this game let's not mention the difference in funding? so before complaining think about it and what they have doe is quite incredible really. FIFA is an arcade with a pretty logos package.

I havent bought the new slipknot album as its rubbish. I havent heard any of it just going by what a few people on the web said!
Until you try it how do you know you made the right decision?

Because last year the demo showed promise and the full game ended up being garbage, imo but I was a fool and purchased it. This year my instincts are telling me that history could repeat itself with this game and I tend to trust my instincts.

Which difficulty level?

i guess i wasn't paying attention to the Data Pack stuff, but all the squads are still wildly out of date huh?

I think you’re stuck with the Microsoft store on a digital copy,quite rare to buy downloads from 2nd part (used to be easier)

Yeah that's fine. I'll see if I can jag a physical copy at a good price soon otherwise wait for the patch to release later this week and download the digital copy. I have a few other games I wanted to clear out so I can keep myself busy for now and wait for the gremlins to be ironed out but was really looking forward to playing it tonight.

spot. on. unless you are playing exhibition matches, the game is pretty much broken. AI, both yours and COM, is just terrible. some things you can disregard as "PES things", but in 2019 this is not good enough for a 30 quid game let alone a 40-50 quid one. also, UI is still awful by today' standard. some of the text is still wonky and joined together and options hidden away under non-sensical drop-downs. not worth it unless you are playing only exhibition games. even then, nope.

Right

Borrowed a copy of the game while I wait for my PC version to unlock sometime in the next year.

Disconnected the PS4 from the internet, game has installed.

Let's see what we're dealing with on Version 1.00.00.

Yeah that's fine. I'll see if I can jag a physical copy at a good price soon otherwise wait for the patch to release later this week and download the digital copy. I have a few other games I wanted to clear out so I can keep myself busy for now and wait for the gremlins to be ironed out but was really looking forward to playing it tonight.
I got it digitally on Xbox store,mainly because I’m shit at taking care of my discs (who has discs in 2019 anyway)
So I can get started with the game and possibly be good at it in a month or so,but like you I have a few games getting my attention right now as well

just remember this game is is better then FIFA and less than half of the people work on this game let's not mention the difference in funding? so before complaining think about it and what they have doe is quite incredible really. FIFA is an arcade with a pretty logos package.
Not that old excuse again. You do realise more than 3 people work on PES don’t you?

Surely they can hire an intern to ensure that Roma play at their home stadium and not a generic one?

Still haven't got the game... SHOPTO COME ON.

But i agree with the people smacking Konami for their handling of licenses. It's really embarassing what they've done with Serie A fx (NOTHING). I mean.. That they even didn't assign Olimpico to Roma. Wow.

Actually.. The small logo on the SAME result bar is the only change. I don't understand why they are making marketing out of it, when people are getting angry in march when they see nothing is coming.

How is it better than FIFA? In what way would you say it is?

Still haven't got the game... SHOPTO COME ON.

But i agree with the people smacking Konami for their handling of licenses. It's really embarassing what they've done with Serie A fx (NOTHING). I mean.. That they even didn't assign Olimpico to Roma. Wow.

Actually.. The small logo on the SAME result bar is the only change. I don't understand why they are making marketing out of it, when people are getting angry in march when they see nothing is coming.
Not having the Serie A logo swooshing on replay etc is fucking stupid,like they had on other kicenced leagues last year (at least Scottish PL which was the only one I played)
Serie A Intro music isn’t there either.
It’s like they still have the generic Italian league.
Really poor

Not that old excuse again. You do realise more than 3 people work on PES don’t you?

Surely they can hire an intern to ensure that Roma play at their home stadium and not a generic one?

I just think it’s a little over dramatic reacting like that over a cosmetic feature 90% of the teams on PES don’t have stadiums is it a massive problem if Roma doesn’t have theirs? we should be grateful that unlike FIFA we have a fantastic edit mode and the game has a good community of mods. I think we should be giving Konomi credit where it is due instead of complaining all the time. Doesn’t matter which game you decide to pick up FIFA or PES people will always find things to complain about instead of just trying to enjoy the game.

Not having the Serie A logo swooshing on replay etc is fucking stupid,like they had on other kicenced leagues last year (at least Scottish PL which was the only one I played)
Serie A Intro music isn’t there either.
It’s like they still have the generic Italian league.
Really poor
So just the ball and the trophy literally.

Wait, so they have forgotten to assign the real stadiums to the partner teams (some of them anyway)? that's terrible!!

Stuff like that is just extremely embarrassing, someone should flag it up to Adam asap, unless of course it'll all be fixed in that Thursday update (wishful thinking perhaps)

I just think it’s a little over dramatic reacting like that over a cosmetic feature 90% of the teams on PES don’t have stadiums is it a massive problem if Roma doesn’t have theirs? we should be grateful that unlike FIFA we have a fantastic edit mode and the game has a good community of mods. I think we should be giving Konomi credit where it is due instead of complaining all the time. Doesn’t matter which game you decide to pick up FIFA or PES people will always find things to complain about instead of just trying to enjoy the game.
That was just ONE of the many silly little errors that Konami still make year after year.

I’m not going to stick up for Konami when they’re still charging full price for a half finished game every year!

That was just ONE of the many silly little errors that Konami still make year after year.

I’m not going to stick up for Konami when they’re still charging full price for a half finished game every year!

If it bothers you that much dont buy it and stop complaining on forums then? its quite simple haha

Romas Stadium allocation was out of whack last year as well.
Really poor,I wonder why?
Must be more than a fuck up right?
Still they're fully licensed

The problem with these issues is, there are every year half-arsed aspects :
If you criticise during the demo-era you take the reply "This is demo, it's an early build, it's 60% of the final."
If you criticise after release: "The focus is on more core problems now"
If you criticise during the season "It's too late now, next time".

There are core problems that need fix obe single time and can last forever, like the sound, the UI. Or even details like the negotiations system. It is pes2020 and we have the same max cap. of 5 offers since ISS pro evo 1998. It is more than 20 years the same arcadey mechanism.

Back
Top Bottom