eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Just had my first game after it unlocked on whatever settings come pre loaded and had a lot of fun with it. Ref let a few challenges go but still had 3 fouls all together and a good physical game. Leicester played a very attacking game as they do in real life and had a lot of possession but their finishing let them down. A lot of stray balls from both teams too. I know you can't really judge from one game but I feel it's a good base to start from.
View attachment 19417

I just had my first game also, same teams but me controlling Leicester. PA1, Advanced through balls, 15min, Superstar, default speed.
I'm impressed with what I've seen. I liked the demo but the lack of aggressive AI was more than obvious there. Spurs were all over me in this one. Tons of fouls, 14 in total, 8 from Spurs with 4 yellows.
It's a small sample though, I'll be back with more impressions but for the first time I felt that this is a new football videogame. It gives you the impression that another dev took over and improved every single gameplay aspect.

For the last week, Amazon Australia had the Xbox One version at $66.95 with free shipping. I walk down to my local JB hi fi shop to buy the game and ask for a price match...bring up the Amazon screen and they've put the price up to $78...WTF???

With my FIFA 19 trade in and the lower price, I would have walked back with a physical copy...but around that price, the convenience of a digital copy is better I think. How to get a good digital download price for Xbox One?

You can try buygames.ps. Reasonable prices and it's a legit site.

A cousin of mine got the PS4 version and he swears that his updated pes2020 (1.02?) is playing worse than pes2019.
Railed player movement, heavey and unrealistic ball physics. And even weaker teams play like Barca with direct AI passes to attackers

He loved the demo btw.
Thinking seriously to cancel my order and ask for a refund

For me, the game is clearly faster, snappier on default speed which seems to also encourage me to hit sprint more. I slowed used it less and it played well but because of the response times, it maybe encourages less unique play and more, pass when you can, which makes it feel basic. Out on minus one speed and absolutely loving it. Looking forward to an option file and getting into a master league.

For the last week, Amazon Australia had the Xbox One version at $66.95 with free shipping. I walk down to my local JB hi fi shop to buy the game and ask for a price match...bring up the Amazon screen and they've put the price up to $78...WTF???

With my FIFA 19 trade in and the lower price, I would have walked back with a physical copy...but around that price, the convenience of a digital copy is better I think. How to get a good digital download price for Xbox One?
I was surprised to see the game for sale at EB games in rundle mall yesterday (one day early). I pre ordered digital this year so didn't grab a copy. Good to see the physical releases here in Australia have been on time for the last 2 years. From about PES2015 - 2018 the game would always release 1-2 weeks late in stores

A cousin of mine got the PS4 version and he swears that his updated pes2020 (1.02?) is playing worse than pes2019.
Railed player movement, heavey and unrealistic ball physics. And even weaker teams play like Barca with direct AI passes to attackers

He loved the demo btw.
my version on the ps4 is 1.01 plays very similar to the demo

I was surprised to see the game for sale at EB games in rundle mall yesterday (one day early). I pre ordered digital this year so didn't grab a copy. Good to see the physical releases here in Australia have been on time for the last 2 years. From about PES2015 - 2018 the game would always release 1-2 weeks late in stores

I didn't realise they had it yesterday or else I might have snagged it at the $67. You're right - they used to come out a week or two later and often as special orders only. That's what annoys me the most - it's harder to buy, more expensive than FIFA and for Xbox, has no option files. I think the gameplay this year is good enough though. I skipped it last year.

I didn't realise they had it yesterday or else I might have snagged it at the $67. You're right - they used to come out a week or two later and often as special orders only. That's what annoys me the most - it's harder to buy, more expensive than FIFA and for Xbox, has no option files. I think the gameplay this year is good enough though. I skipped it last year.
Yep, the series has suffered a real fall from grace here in Australia over the years. I remember back in the glory days we would even get an exclusive Australian game cover for it. Can hardly find it on the shelves anymore and takes a while to find an opponent online. Most of the younger generation now don't even know what PES is.

my version on the ps4 is 1.01 plays very similar to the demo

Same for me. Sometimes people WANT to feel a difference so that they can say "I knew that KONAMI would **** it up". I agree that KONAMI made some strange decision over the last years but this PES is a big step in the right direction. And remember: the game in ML mode is completely different again so it's so hard to compare to the demo. My advice: try to enjoy the game and make your own impressions.

Still Stadio Nazionale for Roma.
Extremely weird (again)

Stadium allocation is all over the place. Cruzeiro have also been allocated a generic stadium despite their real stadium being in the game. Both are easily fixed in edit mode though.

Also they've done a great job by adding all the European teams, nearly all fully licensed and then got half arsed at the end and put nearly all of them in Konami Stadium. Even teams like Andorra and Gibraltar play in Konami Stadium unless you edit it.

Stadium allocation is all over the place. Cruzeiro have also been allocated a generic stadium despite their real stadium being in the game. Both are easily fixed in edit mode though.

Also they've done a great job by adding all the European teams, nearly all fully licensed and then got half arsed at the end and put nearly all of them in Konami Stadium. Even teams like Andorra and Gibraltar play in Konami Stadium unless you edit it.

I wouldn't count on it but maybe the DLC on thursday will fix things like this.

He loved the demo btw.

Can anyone confirm this?

I wouldn't count on it but maybe the DLC on thursday will fix things like this.
I don't think there's a DLC on Thursday mate. It's already been released and it implemented some partner club player faces that weren't in the demo along with new kits.

Really poor and clownish

On the subject of stadiums, I'm pretty surprised to only see a few extra European ones at launch. I thought a couple Russian ones could've been added in at least. Will be interesting to see if we get all the stadiums for the Euro 2020 comp. I must admit though, even some of the generic stadiums now look pretty impressive with the new camera angle and lighting.

Question about DP1 and retiring players such as Robben - will they get moved to free agents or removed completely from the game?

On the subject of stadiums, I'm pretty surprised to only see a few extra European ones at launch. I thought a couple Russian ones could've been added in at least. Will be interesting to see if we get all the stadiums for the Euro 2020 comp. I must admit though, even some of the generic stadiums now look pretty impressive with the new camera angle and lighting.

If we could only have a couple then my top 3 picks would be Parken, Krestovsky and Wembley. Wembley because it's hosting the final and semis and the other 2 because they add a stadium a piece to the Russian and Danish leagues.

By the sounds of it my decision not to purchase this game turns out to be the right decision. Unless they plan to bring out a patch that not only reverts back to the quality of the demo but also improves on it, then no pes for me this year.

In love with it! Shooting is sooo awesome again - scored some absolut screamers.

Only negatives right now are the floaty headers, keepers stuck to the line (when not on the offensive trait) and the CPU AI - but this game is so realistic, so much fun :)

I think you’re stuck with the Microsoft store on a digital copy,quite rare to buy downloads from 2nd part (used to be easier)

I was up 2-1 vs Sampdoria and the last 10 min they put up everything trying to score a equaliser,left the game very open.
And I don’t really agree on the game being forward at all costs,I’m seeing a patient cpu when blocking passing lane.
I’m really pleased it’s that s game so far.
Miles from both Pes 18 and 19
Ps must be some update coming soon right,a lot of the kits are not up to date,or just 2 instead of the usual three

Can anyone confirm this?

Version 1 and 1.2 are very different it’s not placebo..

The games a lot more spongy after the update and passing becomes basic and uniform..Pa0 is nothing like it was in the demo or how it is in version 1..

Some might well prefer the game updated but there are clear differences in the physics,player touch and the physicality system..

For me it regresses and isn’t half as good..The changes water down what made the demo and version 1 so good..I have the Option to import kits,emblems and badges if I choose to update.I won’t because the game changes massively.

They nerfed it for the MyClub crowd...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom