eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

It could also be down to personal players settings.

Maybe people adjust tô +2, who knows

The Very First match was actually againt cpu. It actually Felt smooth, not ultra fast.

Maybe online is Just shit. But It was actually quite decent on the demo. Thats the problema.

Online in demo was quick match.

Did you try playing quick match with the full game too? I know for a fact that Divisions and even more Myclub matches have much more stability issues, where the gameplay begins to completely fall apart.

I think it's quite clear to see that everyone praising the game is playing offline, while online is way too unreliable, laggy, unresponsive to experience enjoyable matches.

You can still enjoy online matches because it's not unplayable but you really have to overlook all the flaws coming from added unresponsiveness due to lag. Your posts are really harsh, not saying it's your fault, though. It's obvious when you buy a game you want to be enjoyed while playing both online and offline, but as it is right now, and it has been since forever, Pes online is simple not good enough. It makes gameplay worse, much worse than it really is.

So you bought the disc? Probably you already knew but just to be sure: you could consider playing the unpatched disc version then. Few people here play the 1.0 disc version without patches because its plays more similar to the demo. The downside is you wont be able to play online and install option files.

And wont be able to update anything else on your PS4. Return it :D

I could only watch a few minutes of this. I was hoping to see a simulation, but this is not a simulation. I get that it probably gets annoying when people use super speedy players to just run at you and destroy you with counter attacks, but this is what you will get when you’re tempting people away from that other game, they’ll just do the same, especially if it’s effective, because I’d say the majority don’t care how they beat you, they just enjoy their one moment of feeling superior. But watching this it’s like the players are playing on cement, the ball moves painfully slow and the players run like they’re already shattered.

I skipped to the goals in that vid though and all I can say is you’re conceding goals because you’re pulling your players out of position too often, especially the centre halves, so you’re creating gaps. I know because I’m always tempted to do the same and I get impatient at times and then get picked off.

A simulation for me is a good mixture of fast and slow play. Watch any top flight league game, you will have moments where the game is slow and dead, and then bang, someone makes a break and the game ignites, the pressure intensifies, the ball moves quicker etc etc. With PES on default speed, you can’t do this because fast players can’t be fast, unless you crank it up to +1, +2 etc. It’s very difficult to beat an (AI) opponent dribbling when on superstar or legend, but it’s a better challenge on those speeds.

If you’re experiencing ping pong football, then like Emroth says, slap it on manual. That takes plenty of skill. I always play manual and even though I’m used to it, I can’t pass the opponent off the park. I can’t just instantly tap the button without thinking, because the % of error has been greatly increased when compared with PA1, 2, where you can basically just point and pass rather easily.

I play It on manual, mate.

That match was on a demo wich aí actually enjoyed, despite played on pa1

I' ll upload a match of the Fu game in manual

I play It on manual, mate.

That match was on a demo wich aí actually enjoyed, despite played on pa1

I' ll upload a match of the Fu game in manual
Ok mate, I’ll check that out when you upload it.

But I mean manual for both you and your opponent. I’ve never touched Pes Online, but I’m sure there must be an option to play a game where you have to use the same controls. I can see manual gameplay online being much better than assisted.

Online in demo was quick match.

Did you try playing quick match with the full game too? I know for a fact that Divisions and even more Myclub matches have much more stability issues, where the gameplay begins to completely fall apart.

I think it's quite clear to see that everyone praising the game is playing offline, while online is way too unreliable, laggy, unresponsive to experience enjoyable matches.

You can still enjoy online matches because it's not unplayable but you really have to overlook all the flaws coming from added unresponsiveness due to lag. Your posts are really harsh, not saying it's your fault, though. It's obvious when you buy a game you want to be enjoyed while playing both online and offline, but as it is right now, and it has been since forever, Pes online is simple not good enough. It makes gameplay worse, much worse than it really is.

I was playing Quick unranked online match

I enjoy playing on manual against assisted casually Just for fun.

When the game is good and balance enough, I like How I can be a good challenge fornassisted players and even Win some matchs (i can Win mkst of them in my best days) and I Felt like I could give that challenge on manual on the demo. It was Fun, despite being tio easy for them on assisted at times.

I miss the error touchs on the demo for sure. Im yet tô see the ball boucing off the players feet. I dont know... It feels weird.

Heres a weird question: has anyone experienced gameplay being sped up with the Hdr on ?

Seriois question.

I had to turn It off since I have noticed that It messes up the colore when You upload a video. Then a I played a match and I defintely Felt like the game was slower, a bit more like the demo. Passing was not só ultra fast. This is weird.

Anyone here a "Team Roles" connoisseur? Leader, Star, etc. in Masters League.

The bit i'm interested in is this: "Each player has a personality, which is made from one trait from the following four categories: Team Player or Lone Wolf, Passion or Composure, Technique or Physical (Strength in PES 2020), Instinct or Insight. A player's personality can change depending on the team's Playing Style, training and how a match plays out."

The first 3 opposite pairs are straightforward enough. A game issue makes it near impossible to keep a mid on the lone wolf end of the spectrum because team player points come from passes made. Will be also hard for them to retain composure because the ground covering in a midfield role will push them toward passion.

Anyway it's the instinct/insight one i'm real curious about. No clue what actions trigger it, anyone has any ideas? Other thread i should post this on for better visibility ?

Heres a weird question: has anyone experienced gameplay being sped up with the Hdr on ?

Seriois question.

I had to turn It off since I have noticed that It messes up the colore when You upload a video. Then a I played a match and I defintely Felt like the game was slower, a bit more like the demo. Passing was not só ultra fast. This is weird.
Never noticed any significant gameplay changes, but then again, I did turn it off pretty quickly. No idea what it’s even supposed to provide, it just makes the game look awful and then as you say, ruins the recordings too.

Did you set up the tactics or are they just the defaults? Because Konami haven’t a scooby when it comes to setting teams up.

I did it in 2019, editing all BL teams, but to be honest the effect was marginal at best (in ML at least). I always have the feeling that as ML progresses, the tendency of the COM to ignore and overwrite their own instructions (and stats) increases to a point where you reach a level of clamp down. Even then it's not difficult to win the game, but it just doesn't resonate anymore with the real thing.

I think the problem is that as difficulty is increased the differences between player/team abilities become narrower and narrower when instead it should retain some proportionality.

Did some Very silly mistakes, I can play much better than that even on Full manual, but Im gonna miss this gameplay.

Could have saved other gameplay I played on manual wich showed off better How enjoyable the demo could be at times.

But the Full game: an abomination

Konami is a disgrace

Im sorry but that gameplay shows very little difference lol

i am a little lost, maybe you guys can help me.
I was reading a comment here this morning about stadiums and one user advised using hoofstad stadium at daytime. He hinted at other stadiums that look well too. But I can’t find that comment anymore. :ROLL:
This discussion went on about stadiums being locked for some team matchups.

Edit: thing is I want to create a list of the best looking stadiums (including conditions) for when I play exhibition matches.

Last edited:
I tried this myself earlier. Played against Getafe on superstar with the default tactics and they annihilated me. Then I applied your tactics and well, they were still pretty intense and beat me, but no annihilation this time. I’m not sure I quite have the defensive line right at the moment though. Which would you say is the best value to use with auto offside trap?

8 or above basically.

Works best with high lines.

Im sorry but that gameplay shows very little difference lol

It has differences for sure
Demo is slowerz defintely..

Ball feels more loose, with more bad touches. Players are clearly more careful and deligent to put It under Control.

You Just dont see the ball boucing off players and as a result, passes cant be overhitted. Turns out everything feels more accurate.

Its also even easier to be more direct tô attack. Ridiculously easy tô Just turn and shoot. The accuracy of the assisted shoot is laughably high. Its Just like pes 2019 now. Konami is such a lier

Seeing how the target audiance is the online players, at times I really cant understsand How adults can have Fun with a game that is that silly to score, so pick up and play.

Maybe offline I can make It having some minor resemblance tô the sport by droping Speed, increasing match time, Full manual and fixing the deep defence line.

Sometine I try tô understsand this current generation. I Just cant.

I personally cant have any enjoyment in a game when theres no merit, hard work, creativity, snartplay to score a goal. Its literally about pointing the analogue sitck forward and pass because passes are Just uninterceptable. Its literally about pointing forward, then passing to the box, turn and shoot. And the shooting accuracy is abomiable. I cant understsand How people enjoy the game How It is on its default settings (not that It doesnt have blatant faults regardless of the settings)

i am a little lost, maybe you guys can help me.
I was reading a comment here this morning about stadiums and one user advised using hoofstad stadium at daytime. He hinted at other stadiums that look well too. But I can’t find that comment anymore. :ROLL:
This discussion went on about stadiums being locked for some team matchups.

Edit: thing is I want to create a list of the best looking stadiums (including conditions) for when I play exhibition matches.
Hey, this sounds familiar..

It was me who started the discussion basically haha. I was just messing about and noticed that playing against a team in the same league and you’ll have 32 (can’t remember the exact number) stadiums at your disposal. But play against someone from a different league and you now have 52 (?) stadiums at your disposal. I didn’t notice too many that were really great, just nice to have more choice, but Estadio Caldeira I think it’s called, is a beaut in the daytime, haven’t tried it at night yet.

First time in my PS4 history I got a keeper straight red carded and sent off, but not for a pen! For a free kick.
I rushed him out by pressing triangle and had to suffer the consequences. :)
In memory of early EmProd videos... ;) :

So I had to put in a field player. Was looking for a guy with high jump value (never had that situation before :D ) and choose one of my CB,s!
Had to “suffer” again but I liked it because it was real.

It’s still football. A game played by humans. Anything can happen. :)

Edit: it’s a ML story but I hope you don’t mind me posting it here. ;)

Edit2: BTW. The field player was wearing a goalkeeper shirt but with his number (2) on the back. Wish keeper and field player just had switched the shirts. ^^

Last edited:
First time in my PS4 history I got a keeper straight red carded and sent off, but not for a pen! For a free kick.
I rushed him out by pressing triangle and had to suffer the consequences. :)
In memory of early EmProd videos... ;) :

So I had to put in a field player. Was looking for a guy with high jump value (never had that situation before :D ) and choose one of my CB,s!
Had to “suffer” again but I liked it because it was real.

It’s still football. A game played by humans. Anything can happen. :)

Edit: it’s a ML story but I hope you don’t mind me posting it here. ;)
Bosh, have some of that! He was prepared to take his life to stop that goal.. that’s commitment that you just don’t see anymore, it’s sad really.

Hey, this sounds familiar..

It was me who started the discussion basically haha. I was just messing about and noticed that playing against a team in the same league and you’ll have 32 (can’t remember the exact number) stadiums at your disposal. But play against someone from a different league and you now have 52 (?) stadiums at your disposal. I didn’t notice too many that were really great, just nice to have more choice, but Estadio Caldeira I think it’s called, is a beaut in the daytime, haven’t tried it at night yet.
Thanks for replying mate. I’ll play that stadium!
Any other advices on stadiums and conditions that look beautiful are welcome!! :)

Bosh, have some of that! He was prepared to take his life to stop that goal.. that’s commitment that you just don’t see anymore, it’s sad really.
I liked how the attacker touched the ball just oh so slightly before the “wannabe” tackle from my keeper. That’s the thing. He was a little late... like in real life. I take those scenes every time, be it in favor for my side or the opponent.

Besides all the flaws, and I’m seeing them, I am having so much fun with 2020!! It’s unreal. Yep, I guess it’s safe to say now, 2020 is replacing 2017 for me, wich was my favorite this generation.

And hey, i lost it 3:0. But that’s life. Still on top of the league. Derby is next.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying mate. I’ll play that stadium!
Any other advices on stadiums and conditions that look beautiful are welcome!! :)
No problem! Hard to beat that one. If every stadium had that lighting this would be such a beautiful game. Playing BAL I’ve enjoyed playing away at Juventus’ stadium though and also some generic stadium that ends in Triunfo or something, that’s my home stadium for Espanyol, love the shadows on the pitch.

I liked how the attacker touched the ball just oh so slightly before the “wannabe” tackle fein my keeper. That’s the thing. He was a little late... like in real life. I take those scenes every time, be it in favor for my side or the opponent.

Besides all the flaws, and I’m seeing them, I am having so much fun with 2020!! It’s unreal. Yep, I guess it’s safe to say, 2020 for me of 2017, wich was my favorite this generation.

And hey, i lost it 3:0. But that’s life. Still on top of the league. Derby is next.
Yeah, he completely had you on toast!
I’m enjoying it too, although I’m only playing exhibition, League and BAL at the moment. Curious about starting a ML but some of the comments are worrying.

Curious about starting a ML but some of the comments are worrying.
With all the flaws its still miles ahead of what we had last year.
Im enjoying my ML.
Yes, its scripted to bits at times, yes - shit teams are sometimes more of a challenge than good ones, but overall - its enjoyable. AI plays varied football, all matches are bit different, results are different, its not bad at all.

I got zero fake sides, well only that Pleasure Horn team that can't be edited.

Here is Esperance de Tunis replacing Pleasure Horn by PES Buck.

Install kits before installing Esperance.

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2qkjyd9motobzhv/Esperance_de_Tunis_Pleasure_Horn_V3.zip/file/file

V2 Fixes Duplicated A. Badri
V3 Fixes Duplicated T. Y. Khenissi

Since those 2 players were originally assigned the Pleasure Horn Player IDs and now been assigned their Real IDs, will not cause duplicates as Pleasure Horn Player IDs only show up in FIFA World Club Cup and not in National Teams.

0uI2ZMC.jpg

tU6LR2r.jpg

Credits:
Esperance de Tunis by iamRubenMG

With all the flaws its still miles ahead of what we had last year.
Im enjoying my ML.
Yes, its scripted to bits at times, yes - shit teams are sometimes more of a challenge than good ones, but overall - its enjoyable. AI plays varied football, all matches are bit different, results are different, its not bad at all.
Interesting. I’m assuming you’ve not touched the tactics and are just rolling with the defaults, because surely you could adjust how the lesser teams play, making them less of a force?

Interesting. I’m assuming you’ve not touched the tactics and are just rolling with the defaults, because surely you could adjust how the lesser teams play, making them less of a force?
Nah, all I did was removing defensive line and swarm the box from all AI teams and turned Auto-Offside trap for myself.

Waiting for Option File with klashman tactics included to go deeper. I might start new ML then.

Having said that - I dont think lesser teams being bloodthirsty is up to tactics. Its just Pes. Dont get me wrong - its not happening all the time, but there are matches, where Im winning with top team and then sweating like a pig playing against very bottom.
Nothing gamebreaking tho.

No, don’t scratch that actually, this is not done yet. I’m completely confused about this haha.
If you play, Man United vs Chelsea, the extra stadiums don’t appear. But if you choose Man United vs Augsburg, they do. The same for when you play two Italian teams against each other, or French, or Spanish, or Scottish etc etc. The extra stadiums only appear when you play against a team from a different geographical region..

Furthermore, why can’t you apply these extra stadiums to various teams? I just had a great game at the Estádio Urbana Caldeira (not a clue). Beautiful stadium, with incredible lighting and turf. Would be perfect for a La Liga team, but no, you can’t give it to them, but Old Trafford? Oh yeah, no problem.
Utterly baffling on Konami's part, Anyone know the reasoning behind this nonsense!

Back
Top Bottom