eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

No, don’t scratch that actually, this is not done yet. I’m completely confused about this haha.
If you play, Man United vs Chelsea, the extra stadiums don’t appear. But if you choose Man United vs Augsburg, they do. The same for when you play two Italian teams against each other, or French, or Spanish, or Scottish etc etc. The extra stadiums only appear when you play against a team from a different geographical region..

Furthermore, why can’t you apply these extra stadiums to various teams? I just had a great game at the Estádio Urbana Caldeira (not a clue). Beautiful stadium, with incredible lighting and turf. Would be perfect for a La Liga team, but no, you can’t give it to them, but Old Trafford? Oh yeah, no problem.

Its infuriating as so many la liga and serie a teams would benefit from these s american stadiums. Utter fuxking stupidity from konami. I end up having to play Bordeaux vs cagliari...

Theres one Brazilian stadium that's perfect stand in for Porto's. Begins with a C I think. But can we assign it? No.

I love urbano caldeira too. Especially its day lighting. Its Santos stadium I think.

Try the hoofstadion summer day. Its brilliant. Especially spartan Moscow vs zenith or spain Italy.
I find the kit colours make a huge difference to the way the pitch looks to the eye.

Guys have you tried this?

Maybe it will help? :CALM:

The way the game varies stadium to stadium and becomes a sluggish sliding mess in some or becomes a stuttering nightmare if you change the camera angle or one day I get silky smooth gameplay only if I put anti- judder settings to max on my tv but then the next day with identical conditions I need to turn judder completely off or it's a stuttering mess, it would not surprise me that konami couldnt optimise the game for each ball...
I mean seriously, theres clearly some super talented people on their team as elements of the gameplay are superb, but what the f*@k are they playing at?

The ball physics on this game out this world. I scored an own goal earlier on with Kurt zouma when I played a friend and he basically done a bicycle kick to keep the ball in play instead of going for a corner but the ball landed really weirdly, rolled across the goal line hit the post and went in. As I was the home team there was no celebration and me and my friend just waited to see what actually happened on the replay as we were stunned as we both had never seen anything like it.
It literally was the strangest and goal I have ever seen. Zuma and Loris had no communication as he came to collect the ball with his hands and it went through his hands bounced on the floor hit the post and went in.

So funny even though I went onto lose.

Very interesting to see people are having the same issue i'm having with the game fluidity changing with each session.

I'm on PC and it seems sometimes I'll load it up and it will feel great, smooth turning, running speed seems realistic, team movement on the whole feels organic. Other times it will just feel so slow and frustrating. Floaty passing, turning takes forever and the inertia in player movement is totally different.

Does anyone here keep their game offline? I wonder how much the gameplay varies depends upon "download asset data". Might be worth trying if you're on console and not too bother with online modes.

The way the game varies stadium to stadium and becomes a sluggish sliding mess in some or becomes a stuttering nightmare if you change the camera angle or one day I get silky smooth gameplay only if I put anti- judder settings to max on my tv but then the next day with identical conditions I need to turn judder completely off or it's a stuttering mess, it would not surprise me that konami couldnt optimise the game for each ball...
I mean seriously, theres clearly some super talented people on their team as elements of the gameplay are superb, but what the f*@k are they playing at?
I suggest you don't use dejudder. It'll worsen your input lag.

Does anyone here keep their game offline? I wonder how much the gameplay varies depends upon "download asset data". Might be worth trying if you're on console and not too bother with online modes.

I do, as it loads up quicker at the start. I'm afraid it's still shit though.

First game since week 2 Pes release.
Started a new ML with Sampdoria,and couldn't believe how bad I thought this game played,not the game itself,but how much strange input my hum players suffers,call it scripting or what ever,this game Vs Atalanta was predetermined to be a 0-0.

1 Bullied off the ball way to easy,you know the old stumble then lost it when tackled.
2 passes in to space or to a player running, always resulted in a slow first step when trying to sprint.
3 passes to a striker having a good chance of scoring or passing it to striker nr 2 for a shot at goal,always a bad touch,bouncing up etc.
4 CPU defenders just taking perfect tackles ,laying down winning the ball.

It all looked like the CPU controlled how I could play the game,like a wet blanket all over it.
Imagine how bad it will be in 4-5 games when the script hits the CPU attackers as well.
I felt this game being much worse than on 1.1
Or is it me being spoilt playing other games that makes this look and play like a very dull and old game?
Take away the predetermined/scripted gameplay and it will be quite good.
And oh,I forgot how boring and bad presentation are.
Really?
20 min PA0 TP.

I am 15-0-0 in my ML league (Bayern, Top Player), already 16 points ahead of second place, I've won all my group stage CL matches and I am in the second cup round. Clean sheet all the way. I should be a happy camper, but I am not. There is something fundamentally wrong when playing a RL crap team like Paderborn at home is more challenging than playing Dortmund away. It's an insult to one's own football experience and knowledge to watch how these Paderborn guys move around in PES, the way they pass, dribble, shield the ball, organize themselves in space, so perfectly. I've won the match 3-1 but it didn't feel like I am playing a team that is 14 places down and comprised of no namers. I never felt in control. What's the point of all this?

I switched Deep Defensive Line (and Swarm The Box) off for all the teams in top leagues. EPL is littered with them, italian and spanish are not too bad.
As for Offside Trap - i only did it for my team, coz it somewhat stops the AI from spamming through balls and being too direct.
Im on manual, so I wont be sending 100 miles through balls to my strikers even if I wanted to.
Deep defensive line is a bunch of bs. I get caught up high and attacked on counter attacks all the time.

The European/Asian friendly lobbies are not accessible from Americas :RANT:

But I've heard of people being matched with European opponents at random in other modes, so maybe you guys can try that...
So if I make a room in my us pes20 and invite my cousin from Italy he wouldn’t be able to join ?

I am 15-0-0 in my ML league (Bayern, Top Player), already 16 points ahead of second place, I've won all my group stage CL matches and I am in the second cup round. Clean sheet all the way. I should be a happy camper, but I am not. There is something fundamentally wrong when playing a RL crap team like Paderborn at home is more challenging than playing Dortmund away. It's an insult to one's own football experience and knowledge to watch how these Paderborn guys move around in PES, the way they pass, dribble, shield the ball, organize themselves in space, so perfectly. I've won the match 3-1 but it didn't feel like I am playing a team that is 14 places down and comprised of no namers. I never felt in control. What's the point of all this?
Did you set up the tactics or are they just the defaults? Because Konami haven’t a scooby when it comes to setting teams up.

Its infuriating as so many la liga and serie a teams would benefit from these s american stadiums. Utter fuxking stupidity from konami. I end up having to play Bordeaux vs cagliari...

Theres one Brazilian stadium that's perfect stand in for Porto's. Begins with a C I think. But can we assign it? No.

I love urbano caldeira too. Especially its day lighting. Its Santos stadium I think.

Try the hoofstadion summer day. Its brilliant. Especially spartan Moscow vs zenith or spain Italy.
I find the kit colours make a huge difference to the way the pitch looks to the eye.
Right? They actually create some lovely looking stadiums and they can only be used in exhibition. It’s just baffling. What is the reason for not being able to use them though?

Yeah I like Hoofstadion too, plays nicely.

From all the tests I've done the AI usually play offside by themselves pretty well without needing that.

Its for the user that's essential if you want to attack and play on the front foot, you will get destroyed if you don't use that.

I've been using that since At least 2015, maybe back on 2011/2012 even if i'm correct also.
I tried this myself earlier. Played against Getafe on superstar with the default tactics and they annihilated me. Then I applied your tactics and well, they were still pretty intense and beat me, but no annihilation this time. I’m not sure I quite have the defensive line right at the moment though. Which would you say is the best value to use with auto offside trap?

My God, I cant believe I played the Full price for this game.

Its a complete different game from the demo, and its way worse. A different product..

It is way faster, passing feels unnatural.

I only played online Just to compare, because thats what I played on the demo since the time was too restricted on PS4.

Ball Rolls too fast, everything is like ar 3x Speed, animations look unnatural. WTF is Going on

Theres no sense of error. No touch error.

This is terrible.

Im not sure of people put on +2 Speed.

Im without words...

My God, I cant believe I played the Full price for this game.

Its a complete different game from the demo, and its way worse. A different product..

It is way faster, passing feels unnatural.

I only played online Just to compare, because thats what I played on the demo since the time was too restricted on PS4.

Ball Rolls too fast, everything is like ar 3x Speed, animations look unnatural. WTF is Going on

Theres no sense of error. No touch error.

This is terrible.

Im not sure of people put on +2 Speed.

Im without words...
Honestly not looking for an argument here, as I agree with the part that the game is vastly different from the demo.

But out of curiosity..

You have Pes17 in your avatar pic (which I think is brilliant by the way).
But you say that Pes20 is crazy fast now, like 3x the speed in compare to the demo.
Pes20 is the first Pes in years that I play on 0 speed. I was playing all the others on -1.. apart from Pes17, which I had to play on -2 as it was crazy fast game.

So where is this coming from? Are you talking about game being too fast, or is it down to responsiveness, OP defending and bad dribbling?
Do you think its the game that is too fast, or is it rather you trying to do stuff and losing the ball before your player responds?

Game is not only ULTRA fast compared to demo, but It also Lost any sense of error It used to have.

Just played a game online against Liverpool. I had like 5 players surrounding the attacker. He was on a vou ter attack. As I said tô myself "this is shit is só childish and easy that he Just need to point straight forward and pass X That his attacker Will Go one on on with kepper easily". Said and done. Despite havind 5 players close to the attack and the play was on the midfield, everything was so perfect and at light Speed that he was one on one the keeper with a Blink of an eye an a simple presa of a Button.

I Find myself havind tô pass the ball back and around to force It to look Just a tiny bit like football.

Omfg what the they have done with this game...

Its absolutely Crazy. I Just cant describe It.

I Hope offline I might fins some enjoyment and something that resembkes football.

It is atrocious online compared to the demo, an abomination.

KONAMI should make a recall. I feel cheated, disrespected, violeted, fooled.

Honestly not looking for an argument here, as I agree with the part that the game is vastly different from the demo.

But out of curiosity..

You have Pes17 in your avatar pic (which I think is brilliant by the way).
But you say that Pes20 is crazy fast now, like 3x the speed in compare to the demo.
Pes20 is the first Pes in years that I play on 0 speed. I was playing all the others on -1.. apart from Pes17, which I had to play on -2 as it was crazy fast game.

So where is this coming from? Are you talking about game being too fast, or is it down to responsiveness, OP defending and bad dribbling?
Do you think its the game that is too fast, or is it rather you trying to do stuff and losing the ball before your player responds?

I have no Idea where I got that avatar tbh, and I certainly dont consider pés 2017 as reference when It comes to game Pace, neither is pés 2020 ONLINE now

I talking about pes 2020 Quick online match mode.

As soon as I put the Disc on, I went tô Quick online match since that was what I player on the demo, wich was great overall.

This here (full game) is an abomination and Im being as honest as possible.

Im not a New member here. i have no reason tô troll. i am actually sad about that, Im in tears.

Wth they have done with this. They Just want to please the arcade crowd as much as possible, as if the demo was a sim (wich wasnt).

Last edited:

Did some Very silly mistakes, I can play much better than that even on Full manual, but Im gonna miss this gameplay.

Could have saved other gameplay I played on manual wich showed off better How enjoyable the demo could be at times.

But the Full game: an abomination

Konami is a disgrace

Im not a New member here. i have no reason tô troll
I know you're not. I was just curious, thats all.
Coz I think a lot of the 'fast/arcade' feeling in some matches might be down to just that - OP defending and responsiveness.

I know you're not. I was just curious, thats all.
Coz I think a lot of the 'fast/arcade' feeling in some matches might be down to just that - OP defending and responsiveness.

It could also be down to personal players settings.

Maybe people adjust tô +2, who knows

The Very First match was actually againt cpu. It actually Felt smooth, not ultra fast.

Maybe online is Just shit. But It was actually quite decent on the demo. Thats the problema.

It could also be down to personal players settings.

Maybe people adjust tô +2, who knows

The Very First match was actually againt cpu. It actually Felt smooth, not ultra fast.

Maybe online is Just shit. But It was actually quite decent on the demo. Thats the problema.
They cant tho. You cant change speed online. Its set for 0 as far as I know.

Only 'advice' I can give you - try online on manual. Thats the only setting where you can find people playing football.. unless you'll just play friendlies with someone you know and who wants to have a good game, not just ping-pong spam..

But yeah - error was also significantly reduced with patches. Few people on twitter said they switched to PA0 as PA1 is now too assisted.

They cant tho. You cant change speed online. Its set for 0 as far as I know.

Only 'advice' I can give you - try online on manual. Thats the only setting where you can find people playing football.. unless you'll just play friendlies with someone you know and who wants to have a good game, not just ping-pong spam..

But yeah - error was also significantly reduced with patches. Few people on twitter said they switched to PA0 as PA1 is now too assisted.

Nah

Im just gonna return to store

I suggest you don't use dejudder. It'll worsen your input lag.

I agree...under normal circumstances ha! But with pes, putting anti judder on often reduces lag and stutters and the effect is instant. Everything is inside out with pes, as usual...

These ML complaints are off putting. Havent had time to start one yet but I'm thinking I may just do a league campaign instead. What the hell kind of game intentionally makes itself shit in its deepest mode? (Maybe one that wants us all to play online/myclub...?)

Played 1st legend game in my league mode now i have managed to unlock it again. Legend mode is far more playable on 1.4 than 1.3. AI still miss passes. Some of the efforts though are great from the AI- attempted a 25 yard volley that went well wide but great effort

Nah

Im just gonna return to store

So you bought the disc? Probably you already knew but just to be sure: you could consider playing the unpatched disc version then. Few people here play the 1.0 disc version without patches because its plays more similar to the demo. The downside is you wont be able to play online and install option files.

Can someone help me out on a question here.
Say you use for example Cypes OF. Has no stadium images/manager images/sponsor images etc.
Can I use that for the .ted files and kits and use another OF for just stadium images/manager images/sponsor images etc ?

If it's possible, how ?
Just add the stadium images etc from another OF into Cypes ?
Or delete all .ted files and kits from the other OF and import everything else ?

Did some Very silly mistakes, I can play much better than that even on Full manual, but Im gonna miss this gameplay.

Could have saved other gameplay I played on manual wich showed off better How enjoyable the demo could be at times.

But the Full game: an abomination

Konami is a disgrace
I could only watch a few minutes of this. I was hoping to see a simulation, but this is not a simulation. I get that it probably gets annoying when people use super speedy players to just run at you and destroy you with counter attacks, but this is what you will get when you’re tempting people away from that other game, they’ll just do the same, especially if it’s effective, because I’d say the majority don’t care how they beat you, they just enjoy their one moment of feeling superior. But watching this it’s like the players are playing on cement, the ball moves painfully slow and the players run like they’re already shattered.

I skipped to the goals in that vid though and all I can say is you’re conceding goals because you’re pulling your players out of position too often, especially the centre halves, so you’re creating gaps. I know because I’m always tempted to do the same and I get impatient at times and then get picked off.

A simulation for me is a good mixture of fast and slow play. Watch any top flight league game, you will have moments where the game is slow and dead, and then bang, someone makes a break and the game ignites, the pressure intensifies, the ball moves quicker etc etc. With PES on default speed, you can’t do this because fast players can’t be fast, unless you crank it up to +1, +2 etc. It’s very difficult to beat an (AI) opponent dribbling when on superstar or legend, but it’s a better challenge on those speeds.

If you’re experiencing ping pong football, then like Emroth says, slap it on manual. That takes plenty of skill. I always play manual and even though I’m used to it, I can’t pass the opponent off the park. I can’t just instantly tap the button without thinking, because the % of error has been greatly increased when compared with PA1, 2, where you can basically just point and pass rather easily.

Back
Top Bottom