eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Deffo takes a while to get used to.

All my shots were going high so I watched a tutorial then went into training mode.

My problem was, I was moving the analog stick before shooting for low shots, so they always went high. Now, I will power up the shoot bar and at the last min push the stick as far down as possible and had a few really good low efforts.

Scoring some lovely goals I wouldn't achieve on basic shooting. Had one last night, ball came across the box, got flicked away to my right winger who was just inside the 18 yard box. He chested it down and as it bounced hit it sweetly, looped over the keeper who didn't move into the far corner.

I must of played about 20 exhibition games yesterday and all felt good. Had a couple of scrappy one's with hardly any chances but had a few where it was end-to-end.

Going to take it into the ML today, Top Player seems a good balance and I'm enjoying the game.

Can I play an online friendly game with my cousin in Italy from my us pes ? Or are these games regional locked ???

Was just playing against Metz in a cup game (1st or 2nd round) in League mode offline with PSG.

The ties are single leg, and I was playing away. It was tied at 1-1 and they had a corner in the 90th minute, and they moved their GK to the box to try to score a last minute header...

Nothing came out of it, since they got possession back and we went to extra time, but it seems like an easy logic to get right.

quick question is should I turn off defensive line and turn offside trap on for every teams tactics or only certain teams?if so do i have to do it manually for every team in the game? thanks

quick question is should I turn off defensive line and turn offside trap on for every teams tactics or only certain teams?if so do i have to do it manually for every team in the game? thanks
I switched Deep Defensive Line (and Swarm The Box) off for all the teams in top leagues. EPL is littered with them, italian and spanish are not too bad.
As for Offside Trap - i only did it for my team, coz it somewhat stops the AI from spamming through balls and being too direct.
Im on manual, so I wont be sending 100 miles through balls to my strikers even if I wanted to.

I switched Deep Defensive Line (and Swarm The Box) off for all the teams in top leagues. EPL is littered with them, italian and spanish are not too bad.
As for Offside Trap - i only did it for my team, coz it somewhat stops the AI from spamming through balls and being too direct.
Im on manual, so I wont be sending 100 miles through balls to my strikers even if I wanted to.
ok thank you so much .i think this is setting improvement ive been reading about.thank you for clarifying cant wait to try..just to clarify deep defensive line and swarm the box off for cpu teams too or only ur own teams?

thanks

ok thank you so much .i think this is setting improvement ive been reading about.thank you for clarifying cant wait to try..just to clarify deep defensive line and swarm the box off for cpu teams too or only ur own teams?

thanks
This for all the CPU teams.
Auto offside on is ok when set just for your team.

Let us know how you experienced it when you played. :)

Was just playing against Metz in a cup game (1st or 2nd round) in League mode offline with PSG.

The ties are single leg, and I was playing away. It was tied at 1-1 and they had a corner in the 90th minute, and they moved their GK to the box to try to score a last minute header...

Nothing came out of it, since they got possession back and we went to extra time, but it seems like an easy logic to get right.

You can edit the cups and set them to 2 legs yourself if it’s not a licensed one.

Good thing is it prevents silly 1st and 2nd round ties against small teams in huge 70,000 seater stadiums in foreign countries too, since you each play in your own home stadium for each leg. You’d need to restart your season again though if you altered the structure of the cup.

BTW: Konami don‘t have ‘classic’ cup ties, they’re all ‘tournaments’ so no random teams in the next round and no replays where the fixture is reversed after a draw the first time.

It’s maddening for countries that have ‘classic’ cup ties where there is a draw for each round that Konami numpties don’t include these properly where appropriate.

Can I play an online friendly game with my cousin in Italy from my us pes ? Or are these games regional locked ???
The European/Asian friendly lobbies are not accessible from Americas :RANT:

But I've heard of people being matched with European opponents at random in other modes, so maybe you guys can try that...

The CPU tactics in cup games are a joke. I've only played League mode since the AI ruined the EL final I won... At about the 60 min mark while still 0-0 they went full attacking mentality, pushing up to the halfway line, putting a CB up front etc. Countered them with 3 easy goals because they had literally no defence.

Doesn't seem to be much point playing a Cup/ML campaign when the AI is so broken and isnt coded to play to the match situation in cup games.

how are you setting this? By editing the team tactics in the edit section?

if so, I wonder what @klashman69 's opinion is on this - should I be changing all the edited teams to have this setting on?

(O/T but is the "download asset data" happening more often then it was pre-patch. the more i see this pop-up the more i get suspicious of game manipulation. yep - i'm konaminoid )

Edit : @Jimi_Zuko Just played my recent usual Spurs vs Shaktar with the settings on for both teams, CPU now has more order like in a real match and Kane finally feels like a threat - previously he hasn't for me. More of the gameplay in the final third. of the pitch. Lost it 2-0 but it was a btter match than some of the ones I've played recently. Thanks

From all the tests I've done the AI usually play offside by themselves pretty well without needing that.

Its for the user that's essential if you want to attack and play on the front foot, you will get destroyed if you don't use that.

I've been using that since At least 2015, maybe back on 2011/2012 even if i'm correct also.

Hey fellas, Lami suggested a while back to have auto offside set to on for the user so the defensive line doesn’t run away from the attackers, definitely has made the game much better to play, iv also set the AI teams to auto offside to on and game plays even better as well, the AI doesn’t act stupid at the back trying to get to its predetermined position before they respond to the attack, game is awesome now, goals are getting that earning feeling, this is all on professional by the way the higher levels don’t enjoy it, the AI tends to have steel legs when you try to tackle, the scripting above pro is terrible to play on. Yeah this is great.
Hey Jimi. Just a little correction here. It was @Matt10 that suggested it, not me :)

(I've been using it for many years but I don't think I've ever suggested it here. Plus recently it was Matt10 that did. I've also been using auto-subs for years too, because sometimes I just wasn't bothered)

Hey Jimi. Just a little correction here. It was @Matt10 that suggested it, not me :)

(I've been using it for many years but I don't think I've ever suggested it here. Plus recently it was Matt10 that did. I've also been using auto-subs for years too, because sometimes I just wasn't bothered)
ok sorry didnt know, @Matt10 thanks heaps for that tip has helped improve the game for me, @Lami as for the auto subs they need to fix that shit up, having a forward playing as left back, whats wrong with this company, im sure it aint that hard to implement it right.

Interesting!
I tried that years ago but never did it on a regular basis.
I would like to know more about what was your experience. Are the subs making sense (tactical wise) or is it just exchanging tired players for fresh ones?
Maybe you can elaborate on the pros and cons little. :)

The fact that Pes 2020 has already been discounted to 50% off not even two months from the release is worrying honestly. Early reports said sales were going better, i don't know.

Maybe it's their way to introduce as many people as possible to Myclub...

In any case for me this generation has been mostly disappointing for both Pes and Fifa. It has been a transition generation, no real innovation or big improvements compared to last gen. I can only hope the new CPU and GPU in new consoles will push developers to do more, especially with AI.

Lately some developers are talking about how the new CPUs will help AI improvement and not just graphics. That made me hopeful even if not being a developer i honestly don't know what else they could use CPU power for.

Better collision detection? Much more deep tactics system?

Interesting!
I tried that years ago but never did it on a regular basis.
I would like to know more about what was your experience. Are the subs making sense (tactical wise) or is it just exchanging tired players for fresh ones?
Maybe you can elaborate on the pros and cons little. :)
Yea mostly it was just tired for fresh. Not much going on there. But in 2020 on 1.0 I don't ever remember seeing subs happening at all. I always had it on 'late', and tried 'flexible' as well, but both didn't work. Haven't tried it in the latest patch yet.

Guys have you tried this?

Maybe it will help? :CALM:
I haven’t a clue what the eRegista ball is off by heart but I play a lot of BAL and play international matches with Italy. Usually it’s a boring friendly and the default ball for them is just horrible (is this the one?) and as far as I know, you can’t change it. But it doesn’t feel like a football and you can see too much design on it which makes it look less white. But then Brazil came to town and kindly brought their own ball (for some reason), which is like a Nike ball with the Brazil badge on it and the game played much better. It was weird, but the ball that they brought made the game feel more satisfying and smooth.

Is it possible to unlock more stadiums or do other regions get extra choices or something? I’ve noticed a few on this video that I’ve not seen when I look through the stadiums..

Is it possible to unlock more stadiums or do other regions get extra choices or something? I’ve noticed a few on this video that I’ve not seen when I look through the stadiums..
Ok, scratch that, it’s because I always have live update turned off. When you turn it on there’s like 20 more stadiums you can use, but not when it’s off, which is just stupid.

Ok, scratch that, it’s because I always have live update turned off. When you turn it on there’s like 20 more stadiums you can use, but not when it’s off, which is just stupid.
No, don’t scratch that actually, this is not done yet. I’m completely confused about this haha.
If you play, Man United vs Chelsea, the extra stadiums don’t appear. But if you choose Man United vs Augsburg, they do. The same for when you play two Italian teams against each other, or French, or Spanish, or Scottish etc etc. The extra stadiums only appear when you play against a team from a different geographical region..

Furthermore, why can’t you apply these extra stadiums to various teams? I just had a great game at the Estádio Urbana Caldeira (not a clue). Beautiful stadium, with incredible lighting and turf. Would be perfect for a La Liga team, but no, you can’t give it to them, but Old Trafford? Oh yeah, no problem.

No, don’t scratch that actually, this is not done yet. I’m completely confused about this haha.
If you play, Man United vs Chelsea, the extra stadiums don’t appear. But if you choose Man United vs Augsburg, they do. The same for when you play two Italian teams against each other, or French, or Spanish, or Scottish etc etc. The extra stadiums only appear when you play against a team from a different geographical region..

Furthermore, why can’t you apply these extra stadiums to various teams? I just had a great game at the Estádio Urbana Caldeira (not a clue). Beautiful stadium, with incredible lighting and turf. Would be perfect for a La Liga team, but no, you can’t give it to them, but Old Trafford? Oh yeah, no problem.
From your saying, i assume that it has to do with fully licensed teams. Augsburg is the only fake teams in your equitation.

From your saying, i assume that it has to do with fully licensed teams. Augsburg is the only fake teams in your equitation.
I thought that, but it works when you include Augsburg? Include any prem team and it doesn’t. I even did Man United vs Man United haha, but the stadiums still remain hidden. Try Inter vs Juventus, doesn’t work. Then try Inter vs Sporting Lisbon and hey presto, like magic. Just found out that it even works when you put Inter against a Serie B team, but not one from Serie A.

I thought that, but it works when you include Augsburg? Include any prem team and it doesn’t. I even did Man United vs Man United haha, but the stadiums still remain hidden. Try Inter vs Juventus, doesn’t work. Then try Inter vs Sporting Lisbon and hey presto, like magic. Just found out that it even works when you put Inter against a Serie B team, but not one from Serie A.
The choice of stadiums is only limited when you play a match with two teams from the same league.

The choice of stadiums is only limited when you play a match with two teams from the same league.
Which is just bizarre. Any idea why you can’t assign these extra stadiums to teams in edit mode? That stadium that I mentioned previously is one of the best I’ve played in, not sure how they can get the lighting and pitch spot on for that one and not others. Wouldn’t even care if they just used the same lighting and pitch for every stadium, it looks great.

Back
Top Bottom