eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Bear with me…

Just figured that there are 82 fake club teams. Yikes. Didn't know it was that many.
  • 20 in Europe, plus 2 unlicensed stragglers in Beerschot and Palermo in Europe – 22.
  • 20 in Asia.
  • 41 in the Americas.
  • 1 in Africa
In PES Universe you can find:

• The rest of the Bundesliga (15) and 7 other European teams. 22. Sorted.
  • The rest of the J League. That’s 14, leaving 6 fake Asian teams unaccounted for.
  • MLS. That’s 24, leaving 17 fake teams in the Americas.
  • The African team remains untouched.
Is it possible to use other OFs in conjunction with PES Universe to get rid of the [counts] 24 fake teams remaining from the above? If so, are there any OFs that have the number of teams required?

My experience after a couple of games. First a disclaimer: I have been playing legend and superstar for most of the time. After the mini update a couple of weeks ago, I felt Superstar became much challenging than before and I started to struggle to win games. It felt like that also after this last patch so I decided to go down to Top Star, which felt too easy on the demo and the 1.01. So, some of my experience probably has to do with the different difficulty rather than with the update

- It is definitively heavier yet more responsive. Still, I find issues when a loose ball can be picked up by two different players (my players) by running to it. Cursor change is slow and chaotic. Maybe this is up to me to improve, but it shouldn't be like that.

- CPU is more challenging. There's more shot error - I've seen the CPU and myself fail at target shots that were goal on 1.01 for sure.

- Fouls are different. There are more middle of the game fouls, and that's a gigantic plus, but I felt there's less collisions somehow. It may be my passing style which doesn't encourage too much friction. Will try to play a team that pressures and plays long balls to see if there's more of that.

- It is a tighter game in midfield. They fixed what they said they were gonna fix and now it's fixed. ;)

- Because of that, I have found it more difficult to dribble past players, as they're closer to each other now. I never had the issue of the "AI guessing my buttons", though. When I tried to dribble someone and didn't it was quite realistic or just that I messed the controls (Still find it difficult to perform tricks with this combination. Maybe because I haven't memorized them)

- They changed the goal kick positioning. I like it but don't like, since I usually play classics. I hope that in future games that would be something that we could set as tactic or player trait rather than having it be so generic (It starts with players in their own area if strategy is short pass).

- I felt in Superstar that after patch the CPU became much more clinical, less prone to error, specially when passing the ball. It isn't the first time touches blah, blah, but perfectly weighted passes impossible to intercept. That was what ultimately made me downgrade to Top Player, where I've not seen non of that.

- I saw much more sliding tackles after the patch.

That'd be about it for now.

And, god, this is *nothing* but it is so stupid: CAN WE GET BACK A BALD SPOT HAIR TEXTURE PLEASE? It is amazing how they just don't include the fucking texture no longer. Or that they don't have different headbands. Those things where there in fucking PSX.

Last edited:
Felt the CPU was getting through my midfield way too easily. Very direct. Absorbed 12 shots in quick inside 15 minutes. My defenders were literally running backwards as the ball came to the forward.

So, I used what I learned in PES 15, where I'd set the settings to Offside Trap > Auto.

Instantly, the CPU started playing the ball around much more. They also played passes into space on the ground and not perfect on the head (where it becomes 1v1 contested headers constantly) long balls. My defensive line is staying intact as well, and no longer following attackers deep. So my defensive line height is playing true to value.

Really enjoying it now.

First thing I do, whenever creating a new tactics set. It‘s good for what you described, albeit not necessarily for catching the AI more offside.

That whole offside thing, I could start a lengthy rant over (I won’t). Just this much: why did someone at Konami think it was necessary, let alone fun, to replay every offside decision against you? Since the ref team never errs, not even when it was about 2 millimeters, what’s the point in ‘proving’ it?

I'm really starting to like it after making two changes.
I ramped up the judder setting on my tv. I noticed the serie a logo was juddering as it wiped across the screen and it got me tinkering. Now the game no longer feels turgid and strangled by some unseen force..

And I've gone for wet and short grass. Never really done this except as leicester in pes 2017, (everything was built around setting vardy free) but it's made such a difference. The whole game feels as if a weight has been lifted, yet it still feels weighty and grounded...the ballzips like it should...

They actually do that now. I noticed in the games vs City they would switch formation in the second half every time to 'custom', I've noticed this a lot actually which is really nice, again it shows how fundamentally the core AI is absolutely amazing, it really is.

Its why the rubbish tactics piss me off so much!
What I mean is though is that I DON’T want the AI to use a custom formation, because then they have the opportunity to do something stupid.

If they had 3 or 4 pre made formations to alter between then I’d know they’re changing to something that actually works,

First thing I do, whenever creating a new tactics set. It‘s good for what you described, albeit not necessarily for catching the AI more offside.

That whole offside thing, I could start a lengthy rant over (I won’t). Just this much: why did someone at Konami think it was necessary, let alone fun, to replay every offside decision against you? Since the ref team never errs, not even when it was about 2 millimeters, what’s the point in ‘proving’ it?

Lol, right, it's definitely a bit worthless for offsides sake. I thought it would trigger the animation where the defenders would step forward and raise their hands, but it's not the case. A bit relieved too because what it does is makes the defenders play more Zonal vs Man, especially the outside backs. Quite happy with that subtle change.

They actually do that now. I noticed in the games vs City they would switch formation in the second half every time to 'custom', I've noticed this a lot actually which is really nice, again it shows how fundamentally the core AI is absolutely amazing, it really is.

Its why the rubbish tactics piss me off so much!
Amazing?
Does the ai sub a cb for a cf having a 3rd striker in the last mins if its trailing?
Does the ai comes with a 433 instead its native 442 for a second leg game if its trailing?

What I mean is though is that I DON’T want the AI to use a custom formation, because then they have the opportunity to do something stupid.

If they had 3 or 4 pre made formations to alter between then I’d know they’re changing to something that actually works,

Oh, well they switch between attack and defense appropriately when both attack and defense strategies are setup along with Auto switch turned on.

btw the inherit the same tactics they use for basic when they make custom changes so if they are setup properly its all good

Amazing?
Does the ai sub a cb for a cf having a 3rd striker in the last mins if its trailing?
Does the ai comes with a 433 instead its native 442 for a second leg game if its trailing?

They do things such as move their wingers back or forward depending if they need to protect a lead of it they need a goal.

they even change tactics to try and stop a certain payer from your team if hes doing well.

PESFan.it V6 option file (I've translated page for you guys, some of the English might be a bit 'weird' as I've used Google Tools)

https://www.pesteam.it/forum/threads/pesfan-it-fo-v6-pes-2020-ps4.32253/
LINK TO OPTION FILE, THIS IS STANDALONE VERSION DELETE ALL PREVIOUS OPTION FILES & IMAGES ETC:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/z53ju1bty21v6nt/PESFan.it_FO_2020_v6.zip/file
PESFan.it FO v6 - PES 2020 [PS4]

DLC 2.00 - Attention: read all that follows.
The version is 100% compatible with DLC 2. Not only compatibility, but also content: here are all the Segunda Division kits, thanks to the collaboration with PESWorld. It is a unique version, valid both for those who had v5, and for those who did not have it but had an earlier version, than for those who had no FO version. It installs in the classic way. At the end of the installation and after applying the Live Update (NOT checking on the national teams) you will have to re-import RZ_PELLETS_WAC.ted, malmoe.ted and the 4 teams of the J1 League as indicated in the last step of the step-by-step guide. In this first post you will find a step-by-step guide, the FAQ and a videotutorial. Following them, you won't have the MINIMUM problem.

In this post you will find the summary in the following diagram. We kindly ask you to read carefully before asking for additional information, as we assure you that 99.9% of the answers to your questions are already contained here:
  • Link to download the Options File
  • Link to a detailed videotutorial on youtube
  • Step-by-step installation guide. By following it you will have no problems
  • Answering frequently asked questions and solving possible problems (updated - complete by tonight)
  • Contents of the version
Download available NOW!
Single version:
click here ! - Valid for all users, both for those who had v5 and those who did not. Valid also for those who had no version of our FO.

Important new features for the installation: before installing, necessarily read the following and the first two posts of this deconstruction . After re-importing the Options File it is necessary to re-import the Live Update to have the roses updated in the offline modes. Then go to Settings -> Apply the last live update after installing the Options File. You MUST NOT select live updates for national teams when applying the Live update at the end of the options file installation. See the updated step-by-step guide, which contains correct information on this step. Furthermore, you will have to rearrange the order of the teams in the competitions, as explained in the final part of the step-by-step guide below. Finally, we remind you that when you play offline in a friendly way, you need to disable live updates with R3.

Videotutorial : (we remind you NOT to select the live update for the national teams, unlike what is wrongly shown in the video) click here to go to the video on youtube

Step-by-step guide:

FAQ & Troubleshooting

Contents:
  • Compatible DLC 2.00 [NEW]
  • Enter the uniforms of the entire Segunda Division . Credits to PESWorld [NEW]
  • Added new legends like Deco and Arshavin [NEW]
  • Enter the third currencies for the Bundesliga , credits to Lemon and Homer S. of PESGalaxy [NEW]
  • Various fixes and improvements [NEW]
  • Added the J1 League , 100% complete with roses, formations, players, uniforms and badges. Credits in albiore for uniforms and sponsors.
  • Added the third currency of Italy , credits to @ dennisb1
  • Added Cluj , Ludogorets , Partizan , Malmoe and Wolfsberger in the other Europeans, complete with uniforms, roses, formations, players and coats of arms. Credits to @ AntoG_25 for uniforms.
  • Fixes and various updates to the Bundesliga and the national teams
  • Insert uniforms, coach stadiums to ALL the national fakes of the game: Asian, European, African and American. Credits to @angeltorero , @Armandrillo , 4n63l_77, @ ilmatto80 , @ Gene92 , @ggdaris and others for uniforms.
  • The faces of the fake players of Mexico, + Pulisic (Chelsea), Arriole and Zardes (USA) have been inserted with internal editors
  • Fix a font, position numbers and stages for Premier League and Championship
  • Added third Atletico Madrid uniform. Credits to @tikkio
  • The uniforms of Real Madrid, Rome (Third) and Liverpool have been improved . Credits to @tikkio
  • All the Bundesliga , 100% complete with roses, formations, players, uniforms, coats of arms and sponsors. Credits to our @ Mirkvus_1981 , and to darookie, Homer S., Lemon and Valencia 25 of PESGalaxy for uniforms, sponsors and some faces.
  • Added Red Star and Salzburg, complete with roses, formations, players, uniforms, coats of arms. Credits to @ AntoG_25 and @ Mazinga64
  • Renamed the players of all the national fakes , and replaced when possible with the originals
  • Added third currencies for Rome and Naples
  • Sponsors added for Premier League, Serie A, Serie B. Some fixes to make. Credits to @bale
  • Banners, stadiums, rivalry for Premier League, Championship, Ligue 1, Ligue 2, Serie A, Serie B, Liga, Segunda
  • Fixed the uniforms of Liverpool, Brescia (entirely replaced, credits @ dennisb1 ), Real Madrid some Serie B teams
  • Added the original players in the two classic national teams
  • Make several FIXes based on your valuable reports. Thanks and keep it up!
  • Uniforms for all BKT 2019/2020 Series teams. Credits to @ AntoG_25 , @ LucaCh98 , @ Mirkvus_1981 and @VanVoldemort .
  • Fix: Chelsea Home uniform; Logos Bristol City, Salernitana, Hull City
  • Logos and official settings for all competitions
  • Coats of arms and real names for all Premier League , Championship , Serie B , La Liga Santander , La Liga Smartbank teams
  • All uniforms for the Premier League . Credits to @ Beranu1 and @angeltorero
  • All uniforms for La Liga . Credits to @ Beranu1 and CDKitmaker
  • All the uniforms of the Championship . Credits to @angeltorero
  • Proper stadium names and coaches for Premier League, Championship, Ligue 1, Ligue 2, Serie A TIM, La Liga Santander
  • Enter rivalry for La Liga, Serie A TIM, Premier League and Championship
Credits:

The editors team of PESFan.it: @ AleTre12 @ Mirkvus_1981 @capitan @marchisio @breckerforever @ Mazinga64 @VanVoldemort @ Davide81 @ Tore6891

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also translated instructions on how to install this option file on PS4:

If you had another FO different from ours, you have to delete the data related to it: Edit Mode -> Data Management -> Import / Export -> Delete Images -> Delete all images from all menu items.

Download and extract the file (with Winzip or similar) on your computer. On Mac use the Keka program (if downloading from Mac, when importing files, you would find yourself with all the duplicate files, select only those without a hyphen)

Move the WEPES folder to a USB device

Connect the USB device to the PS4

Go to the Edit menu (if this is the first time you access it, choose Yes and create the Edit data, then OK)

Select Import / Export

[If you had another FO, delete all the images! See above...]

Select Import Competition (in the update versions there may be no competitions to be updated)

Select all with square

Go ahead and select Overwrite image file with the same name, then OK

Wait for files to be transferred...

Select Import Team

Select all with square

Go ahead and select Apply player and team data and Overwrite image file with the same name, then OK

Wait for files to be transferred...

Exit the Edit menu and select Yes to save the data

Go to Settings -> Apply the latest Live Update

Check that Update Club Clubs is selected. NO national teams.

Press OK

To fix the Bundesliga:

Go into edit mode -> Competition Structure -> Number of participants -> Bundesliga -> 18

Go to the Competition Structure -> Bundesliga

Replicate the order you find in the image of the next post

To fix the J1 League, an important final difference from the Bundesliga:

Go into edit mode -> Competition Structure -> Number of participants ->J1 League -> 18

Go to the Competition Structure -> JLeague

Replicate the order you find in the image of the next post

At this point and, fundamental, AFTER having performed the Live Update, you have to re-import the following .ted, from the usual Import team menu: RZ_PELLETS_WAC.ted, malmoe.ted, SanfrecceHiroshima.ted, UrawaReds.ted, KashimaAntlers.ted, KawasakiFrontale.ted

Going to give it a bash tonight. What could go wrong?

I got zero fake sides, well only that Pleasure Horn team that can't be edited.

I found a website called Pes Patch or summat like that. It's got links to loads of different option files.

I paid for Pes Universe. Base file is V2.

I found a file that sorts all the International teams.

I found a file that adds Mexican League and then one that sorts the other Latin American teams.

Then I edited 4 sides myself in the other Asia league.

Took a while but I then loaded ML to check fake players or duplicates ain't showing which they aren't.

So, tonight, with a glass or red or 5, I've started a proper ML though the 1st season is always a slog cos of team spirit. Plus any team I take over, I have a tendency to flog half the squad and buy new players this killing team spirit even more 😂😂

I moved away from my ML save for now and started both a European competition with Iceland and a league with Liverpool. Iceland on Pro difficulty felt easy but Í still lost my first match 2-0. Then Liverpool on top player, started with the Super Cup or whatever it's called, against Chelsea and there I really felt differences from pre patch. Kind of felt like anything could happen.
I'm really starting to like it after making two changes.
I ramped up the judder setting on my tv. I noticed the serie a logo was juddering as it wiped across the screen and it got me tinkering. Now the game no longer feels turgid and strangled by some unseen force..

And I've gone for wet and short grass. Never really done this except as leicester in pes 2017, (everything was built around setting vardy free) but it's made such a difference. The whole game feels as if a weight has been lifted, yet it still feels weighty and grounded...the ballzips like it should...
What is a judder setting?

You mean team vision?

Just the general substitution and awerness from the cpu of the result and whats going on. It still feels very much like a robot.

ps Just booted up the demo after playing the latest patch, everything is much more smoother, organic, life like (fouls, dribbling, passing, ai build up) . Its like now we are playing a beta of some sort. Sad story what happened here.

I got zero fake sides, well only that Pleasure Horn team that can't be edited.

I found a website called Pes Patch or summat like that. It's got links to loads of different option files.

I paid for Pes Universe. Base file is V2.

I found a file that sorts all the International teams.

I found a file that adds Mexican League and then one that sorts the other Latin American teams.

Then I edited 4 sides myself in the other Asia league.

Took a while but I then loaded ML to check fake players or duplicates ain't showing which they aren't.

So, tonight, with a glass or red or 5, I've started a proper ML though the 1st season is always a slog cos of team spirit. Plus any team I take over, I have a tendency to flog half the squad and buy new players this killing team spirit even more 😂😂

Ooh, sounds good. If you have any finer details about which OFs you used feel free to fire them my way!

I always wait for PESWORLD, they are usually bit late but i imagine they playtest a hell out of their OF before releasing it. I know it because their OF always in premium quality with minimal to zero mistakes.
I don't like to criticize normally, but in this case I have to address this. It has no faces... like literally the same bootleg face for every guy... this year the stats are totally insane - for example, Qarabaq players all have like 73-77 rating and the team as a whole is rated higher than Dinamo Zagreb. I dont know where the stats came from, it's as if someone just made them up. Someone who has no experience with how PES stats work. Maybe the kits were their strength? Idk, I compared Spain D2 kits from them with editemos and pesworld was very noticeably worse... I dont even care about kits, but it jumped out at me right away.

J-League is probably very good, though - they have the one from Albiore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom