eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

This is what has sustained my interest in the game thus far.

Nothing worse than the last few years where every player felt the same especially in them Youtube speed tests
Yeah that’s one of the biggest reasons I didn’t play the game at all last two years, they were the worst up there with 2008, offline related off course

Pesteam's priority is Italian Serie A and B, it's certainly the best place to get those leagues. They will probably release an update very soon to work with the new DLC and probably fixing Konami's errors too.

Thanks for mentioning this. I'm looking to start a ML in Serie B, so this was useful knowing.

Are their kits hi-res? Do they get rid of duplicate players?

Last edited:
Wow, had the best game I've had in years. SS, 12 min exhibition match. Me Barce vs City AI. The AI is sooooo much better on 1.4. City played the most lifelike i've seen in a foorty game. Short passes, then Berando silva hugging touch line and KDB plays perfect cross field pass to him, instant chest control and darts into the box. Was 1-1 but enjoyed every minute of it. Very happy with the patch,

How many of you updated the squads, tactics..together with datapack 2.0? I tend not to apply the data after a while (just national teams) cause I edit the lineups a bit, and some of the formations at launch, and it always messes up the lineups where some of the better players are sitting on bench,wrong positions etc..think it's just best to do it when there's a big transfer window otherwise don't worth it.

KONAMI TACTICS!

They are absolutely horrible, so many of them are just plain crap and do not suit many teams. The very very worst one for me is Manchester City. It makes them so easy to play against, its pathetic, even on Legend i managed to well Draw 2-2 with them using Monaco although i couldn't even be arsed to defend properly because if i did it would of been a rather comfortable 2-0, i mean it was just a test match anyway but their tactics are just horrible, so horrible. they clearly aren't even tested! Its so easy to beat them.

Basically what City do on default is pas the ball around a little then hoof the ball to their winger who then tries a through ball to the striker, and that's how they attack, its so, easy to stop even with the vastly inferior Monaco, just mirror their formation and a strategy with logic. My beef here is this is where a lot of the negativity was coming from. Reddit, mostly younger fans, newer gen people who really started the whole 'Demo is better' stuff, and the thing is the demo 100% is not better than what we have in the new patch, the demo seemed better because they where 5 minute matches, fouls where very over exaggerated and the CPU was so mad passive dribbling round them at times was easy. Anyone calling the demo better is just following placebo. if you played the demo on PC and extended the time you would see it was very flawed and had few fouls when you had more time and space to build attacks.

Sadly, if you want fouls offline you have to sort the teams out tactically so the pitch is more compressed and teams don't sit back like crazy!

That striker bug on defensive mentality MUST be fixed in the next patch! It happens with fluid formation only when they become defensive. the striker literally turns into a extra midfielder.
Exactly mate. A good tactics system could in theory even combat AI flaws as you'd be able to give them instructions to counter any in-game issues.

Remember on PES 5/6 how if you put your wingers on the corner flags it made them stay right on the shoulder of the defenders? The AI performed so much better when you gave them a similar formation. This is what I mean; when the tactics make meaningful changes you can use them to make the AI perform better, or combat other issues.

Also, remember when the d-pad could be used to select an entirely different formation as supposed to a tactic? This would work BRILLIANTLY for AI teams now. Rather than giving them the option to do stupid things like slecting a flase 9 and dropping their ST right back for no reason, instead give them 4 different pre-set formations to switch between throughout the match. Yes, one or two could be more defensively minded, but because the formation is set before the match you'd know it's genuine, effective, and doesn't completely break the way they play.

Sadly there are even less fouls with the latest patch. I have now matches 14 mins without any fouls. During a derby i had the only fouls from the cpu with the pointless sliding tackles from his CF.

God knows for how long i havent seen a punch in the face.
Players getting dragged down from back with two hands.
Misstimed tackles.

It was all there, especially in the demo and dont get me started about dribbling. Such a tragic story PES2020 is.
Its time to put PES2020 on ice. It became a very boring game.

There is still this throw in bug, where the AI is not following the receiving player that I move manually behind enemy lines.

And i feel with 1.4 there are fouls not given but adding to the stumble/fall animation you get force feedback through your controller. No foul given. That makes it even more pronounced and that’s not feeling good. Could be coincidence... will have an eye on it.

Last edited:
Fouls have disappeared, The patch is not bad but I'm sure they will sneakily tweak it back further into the mess that we fear it will end up to be.

How many times through the years do they need to patch fouls,repetitive AI,GK glued to line,Penalties and deep defensive lines?

Konami are just not capable of fixing anything. This is from 2018 lol

71f9c88su1oz.png

Last edited:
OK so if i buy the fucking PS4 disc version what are the possibilities?

- does my PS4 have to be offline for ALL the time from now on? making me not to play any other games? or can i just set PES not to be updated?
- can i still manually import kits in to the game?

Glad it's not just me that fouls have disappeared from. Pretty bizarre given one of the main fixes in the patch was to call more fouls!

Yeah mate, I guess no hope of penalties this year as well, So depressing to see our feedback down the toilet and people who tested the game having zero effect on anything.

Yeah mate, I guess no hope of penalties this year as well, So depressing to see our feedback down the toilet and people who tested the game having zero effect on anything.

You can win pens. But the way i last time won it made me roll my eyes. It wasnt a bad timed tackle or great trickery. I was just jumped 3 defenders stuck on my player inside the box but none of them making any tackles ( because cpu doesnt like making tackles anymore just stucking onto you until gets between you and the ball knowing stucking on to you wont do any harm to your player), then i wildly started to move my right stick and somehow it ended up in a pen (i just checked it it wasnt a pen btw).
It was awkward, dumb, unreasonable and felt broken.

Yeah just played 3 games after the patch, 0 free kicks. This includes being taken clean out in the box and then deliberately doing the same to the AI. No penalty either time.
Same here, only couple of free kicks about 4-5 matches. Zero penalty and Ai tackling still too clean and sharp.. :( Pes have different rules than FIFA has.. :D :D It's shame that football game you don't got penalties.. It's much fysical now but referee is still out of this world.. :D

Also, remember when the d-pad could be used to select an entirely different formation as supposed to a tactic? This would work BRILLIANTLY for AI teams now. Rather than giving them the option to do stupid things like slecting a flase 9 and dropping their ST right back for no reason, instead give them 4 different pre-set formations to switch between throughout the match. Yes, one or two could be more defensively minded, but because the formation is set before the match you'd know it's genuine, effective, and doesn't completely break the way they play.

Isn't that in the game - the auto-switch tactics settings, or something,? Then, you can set 3 different formations - attacking/defensive/custom - and also add fluid formations on top of each. Not sure how much the AI teams then makes use of the different formations in this release though.

I've had 3 pens already in PES2020 - literally had none from PES17-19.

But the foul system is, as every year, heavily biased to be 90% in favour of the cpu. Getting really sick of it as you have to somehow look past the fact you are being deliberately cheated and you know you're going to have a bitter taste before you've even kicked off.

Can anyone tell me how they got free kicks and penalties?? I only play offline and Ml. :)
using the sprint button to good effect and time it right, double tap sprints at the right time and using shielding and a combination of all three. And the finesse dribble too. If you use pass pass pass or always sprinting (not saying you are) then you'll not get many

So far I've been playing a classic 4-3-3 with wide players and two CMFs with a DMF, having gotten bored with a 4-3-1-2 - might try that again in the new patch if the CB marking has improved.

Just out of interest, where are you playing Malcolm in a 4-4-2, as a forward or a midfielder?

Right side of midfield as a RM or an AM. Probably best as a SS upfront, but I like playing both Dyzuba and Azmoun as an attacking duo.

I think you're right in changing it up as otherwise you end up going through the motions and end-up lazy on the build up. I've been using 3-5-2 high press with Monaco recently for a different experience. Haven't been able to ever get a front three to work, the wingers end up far too high up the pitch with no space to play into.

What teams are you using? I've been switching between Zenit, Sevilla, Lazio, Colombia and West Ham. I prefer teams that at least have one physical striker.

Also - how does the Deep Defence instruction differ from manually playing a low backline? What if you use it with a high backline.

I bet a lot of you are getting fouls but playing on. The ref plays a lot of advantages. If it's in a dangerous area and it's waved play on, I'll stop or purposely lose the 2nd ball, thus it gets brought back for a free kick.

I've had a bout 4 or 5 pens so far, mostly by playing the ball across the box and they've slid in on the striker running onto it.

It all varies on how you play, I'll draw the AI into me, before trying to burst past or make a late pass, hence getting a fair few free kicks every game.

I'd say i'm having 1-2 fouls per game on average. Just wish they would go back to how it was in the demo, was like PES5, you really had to time/ think about making challenges.
Maybe -1 game speed is a way. It sure was before in PES history, imo. I tried it this morning but I’m not really convinced.
Need more time on the ball.

I bet a lot of you are getting fouls but playing on. The ref plays a lot of advantages. If it's in a dangerous area and it's waved play on, I'll stop or purposely lose the 2nd ball, thus it gets brought back for a free kick.

I've had a bout 4 or 5 pens so far, mostly by playing the ball across the box and they've slid in on the striker running onto it.

It all varies on how you play, I'll draw the AI into me, before trying to burst past or make a late pass, hence getting a fair few free kicks every game.

Thats the problem the latter one is rarely works anyomre. The cpu rather goes with you and follows you until hijack the ball and push you off from it. And you barely can foul someone with tackling. And to begin with its very said that you have to work for fouls rather than getting them because of bad tackling. All hail the demo.

Got my first pen on 2020 just before I installed the patch, maybe that will be it for me this year.

Whatever version was before this patch (1.2?) was the one I've had the most enjoyment from. Didn't get a penalty but got a just about acceptable number of fouls.

Not for me. I mentioned that in my first post after the patch! I often try and lose the ball too if I have an advantage, but even getting that has been rare.

I'm sure playing style is a big part of it, just a tad miffed that my playing style was getting an acceptable number of fouls before the patch. Especially since the patch notes said more fouls would be given!

Exactly mate. A good tactics system could in theory even combat AI flaws as you'd be able to give them instructions to counter any in-game issues.

Remember on PES 5/6 how if you put your wingers on the corner flags it made them stay right on the shoulder of the defenders? The AI performed so much better when you gave them a similar formation. This is what I mean; when the tactics make meaningful changes you can use them to make the AI perform better, or combat other issues.

They actually do that now. I noticed in the games vs City they would switch formation in the second half every time to 'custom', I've noticed this a lot actually which is really nice, again it shows how fundamentally the core AI is absolutely amazing, it really is.

Its why the rubbish tactics piss me off so much!

Guys i tried fan view camera omg omg.. what a relief to see bigger pitch... i got indescrible fun with it.. especially when u play fuma it is perfect to send passes to forward from deep midfield.. if u play fuma give fan view camera a go...

Back
Top Bottom