eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Felt the CPU was getting through my midfield way too easily. Very direct. Absorbed 12 shots in quick inside 15 minutes. My defenders were literally running backwards as the ball came to the forward.

So, I used what I learned in PES 15, where I'd set the settings to Offside Trap > Auto.

Instantly, the CPU started playing the ball around much more. They also played passes into space on the ground and not perfect on the head (where it becomes 1v1 contested headers constantly) long balls. My defensive line is staying intact as well, and no longer following attackers deep. So my defensive line height is playing true to value.

Really enjoying it now.

Really good patch surprinsgly. I am really critical person when it comes to football games but I am enjoying it a lot. Only 1 slight issue. I can't seem to make my defender mark the attacker tightly. Usually the CPU attackers gets a straight forward pass and he turns and shoots. Other than that, everything feels good. Also 6 fouls in a match is nice to see.

Serious question; is it possible too score long rangers on manual shooting (online, I don't know what level the keepers are in Divisions but I assume it's Superstar?)? I feel they ALWAYS saves them.

This game is no longer the best football game since PES 6 its now the best football game since PES 5 and infact id now say its the best football game ever created.

A few more fouls and it might just dethrone the legendary Red Card Soccer!

I'm slowly coming round to the patch
I love vanilla version is new update worth it.is it better than 1.0? thanks on fence whether its better than 1.0 and worth the download over 1.0

Having played it more, its overall better than 1.00. It doesnt quite have the loose and light touch of 1.00, that sense of play sweeping across the pitch, the ball doesnt feel quite as alive to me but the game overall is better.

So it depends how attached you are to those specific 1.00 elements.

Just save your 1.00 edit and data file onto a usb then try the patch. You can always reupload the 1.00 edit file...

Dont know.. just seems.. more green? With more details?
But hey, I played straight after waking up post nightshift.. didnt see anyone mentioning it either, so maybe it was just all green in my head. :LOL:

Having played on xbox one s for a fee days, where the pitches are greener, I also think the yellow had been dialled down with this patch, on ps4.

Weird question: can I start a ML save and add rivalries etc later? Or do you have to add rivalries in place for effect BEFORE starting a save?

I’m thinking of doing a Serie B save but don’t know whether to wait for an option file to give us the stadium names, rivalries etc.

Weird question: can I start a ML save and add rivalries etc later? Or do you have to add rivalries in place for effect BEFORE starting a save?

I’m thinking of doing a Serie B save but don’t know whether to wait for an option file to give us the stadium names, rivalries etc.

Also waiting. Guess Pesuniverse will be the quickest?

To me, the (little) improvement in midfield compactness is widely eaten up by the (little) decrease in CPU urgency/aggression. It is still to easy to get through to the touchline on superstar, so i can't share the overall happiness with this patch. Best thing to say is that they didn't mess it up.

Don't get me wrong, it's still the best soccer game of all times and wide ahead of its competition.

First game after the patch I played a random Serie B match and was shown 4 red cards and had two penalties against me. Three straight reds (including one for my goalie) and one for the second yellow card. Couldn't complain, each of them was well deserved and I really liked that. But on the other side the ai hacked me from behind in midfield and all I got was a freekick, no card for the ai.
Later that game I was sure I got my first penalty against the ai as I was attacked in the box and the ref blows the whistle, but I just got a free kick a few yards outside the box. Replay showed that the ref gave an advantage for an earlier (and similar) foul and blew the whistle when the advantage was over.

Pretty weird and annoying to be honest. And I can't believe this would be difficult to fix. Besides that I am really enyoing the game so far.

Last edited:
First game after the patch I played a random Serie B match and was shown 4 red cards and had two penalties against me. Three straight reds (including one for my goalie) and one for the second yellow card. Couldn't complain, each of them was well deserved and I really liked that. But on the other side the ai hacked me from behind in midfield and all I got was a freekick, no card for the ai.
Later that game I was sure I got my first penalty against the ai as I was attacked in the box and the ref blows the whistle, but I just got a free kick a few yards outside the box. Replay showed that the ref gave an advantage for an earlier (and similar) foul and blew the whistle when the advantage was over.

Pretty weired and annoying to be honest. And I can't believe this would be difficult to fix. Besides that I am really enyoing the game so far.
4 Red cards? Who are you Terry Hurlock?

I played 3 online myclub matches last night and they played like a dream. I won two and lost one, enjoyed all three so much.

The game speed was lag free on each, and (Maybe just lucky) I played against three players who didn't press and allowed for a tactical game of footy. Because of this I was able to assess the changes online rather than waiting to play the CPU. All three players opponents dribbled a lot which was great to see and rare in an online game beforehand due to tight marking and the game flowed.

Really enjoyed it, great patch, great game

Pretty weired and annoying to be honest. And I can't believe this would be difficult to fix. Besides that I am really enyoing the game so far.

Yeah the refs are heavily biased against the user as usual. Would really like someone from Konami to explain this along with why they don't want penalties in the game.

You can add rivalries by yourself. I will do that, did a research on the serie a side, and also found a older site, on forum for Pes, rivalries listed for all teams. Btw, Some of them are already hardcoded as derby games like Milan-Juve.

Anyone find that the game is too easy now even on superstar?

Feels even defenders can move away very easily. Also the speed burst is ridiculously effective.

Honestly don’t feel major changes after the patch. I’ve played around 4 season of ML beforehand and started a new one last night.

The camera issue with stadium has not been touched despite patch note, still in lefty of instances of the camera not keeping up with play. The switching I don’t see any huge improvement as still players shy away from the ball and don’t anticipate like they should.

Boots and faces yes but gameplay changes.....nah

I think they may have updated the lighting for some stadiums. It makes a massive difference, I was just thinking about how different the
Really good patch surprinsgly. I am really critical person when it comes to football games but I am enjoying it a lot. Only 1 slight issue. I can't seem to make my defender mark the attacker tightly. Usually the CPU attackers gets a straight forward pass and he turns and shoots. Other than that, everything feels good. Also 6 fouls in a match is nice to see.

There's an advanced defensive option in tactics called Tight Marking. It allows you to pick an opposition player you want to have marked tightly. It helped a lot for me, doing a Lecce master league. Seems like the new patch has made it a bit harder for the opposition to get the ball into the feet of their striker because of the midfield dropping deeper. But still it's definitely a help for me to assign the tactic against hard to defend strikers.

You can add rivalries by yourself. I will do that, did a research on the serie a side, and also found a older site, on forum for Pes, rivalries listed for all teams. Btw, Some of them are already hardcoded as derby games like Milan-Juve.
What’s the site please mate, I need to know rivalries for Serie B teams.

Back
Top Bottom