eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I didnt express myself very well. I dont mean the actual gameplay, I meant the more the feel of the gameplay. Certainly moving between 1080p and 4k on an xbox s created the appearance of variation in normal passes. The ball 'felt' more stuck to the ground on 1080p for whatever reason...I expect the brain processing the higher/lower resolution accounts for it.
I experimented it before.. resolution affects frame rate and controller input delay time therefore responsiveness

We did have stadium names and rivalries on Serie A and B (or at least I did as I used a PESTeam.it option file) but today’s data pack has overwritten Serie A and B for me. So annoying!

I have installed it as well. Awesome option file. 1 question for you. When you click on competitions does yours only show Serie B Playoffs? I don't see the Coppa Italia or Supercoppa competitions ?

I have installed it as well. Awesome option file. 1 question for you. When you click on competitions does yours only show Serie B Playoffs? I don't see the Coppa Italia or Supercoppa competitions ?
What option file have you installed? Do you have all Serie B rivalries and stadia names?

It is just like real football... if you dont think as real football it is difficult to score and win.. you have to be patient more.. i love build up game a lot while dribbling feels great now..
Here are dribbling tips for you:
  • Auto feint off is now working with the patch.. it is a lot more responsive now...
  • Use R2 + R1 while turning around yourself it is quicker and shields ball better... better dribblers turn a lot quicker for sure
  • Double touch is again effective especially just front of penalty box... double touch and then shoot..
  • Body feint is great to have fouls... i got 8-10 fouls per game by using body feint and then r1 diagonally..
  • When you get a through ball use supercancel to run aside ball till defender comes and then leave supercancel and r1 to sprint.. it is a kind of speed boost
  • Know your players attributes.. dribble with dribblers not with your slow big players.. player uniquness is now better

I think I will probaly install the PesWorld OF for serie A and B, seems that they have it all sorted. Not so important but it's a nice extra touch.
Pesteam's priority is Italian Serie A and B, it's certainly the best place to get those leagues. They will probably release an update very soon to work with the new DLC and probably fixing Konami's errors too.

Pesteam's priority is Italian Serie A and B, it's certainly the best place to get those leagues. They will probably release an update very soon to work with the new DLC and probably fixing Konami's errors too.
I saw that they teamed up with PesWorld, so must be the same file. Thanks.

They do not have one as of yet.
Haha I thought you said that you had it..but on Pesnewera it's listed in the desciption for the pesteam of, never mind..Serie A is most important. Actually some of the managers in seriev A have real names other don't it seems, maybe it's a license issue between konami and them.

I'm probably overacting and the flaws will become more pronounced over time, but this update almost makes this feel like PES 2020.5. It's that good. And I'm extremely surprised I'm saying that with how important I think it is to get the fouls from the demo back

Nicer how my love?.

Don't you ever mention me again if you're not @ing me... or you have no idea what I'll do to you.
Dont know.. just seems.. more green? With more details?
But hey, I played straight after waking up post nightshift.. didnt see anyone mentioning it either, so maybe it was just all green in my head. :LOL:

Fouls have disappeared for me in this patch. Averaged around 3 game before which while not great was something. Not a single foul in the last 3 games, or advantage...

Konami claimed the following was fixed: "An issue that prevented obvious fouls from being flagged as fouls by the ref"

Have to say I think that is a straight up lie. Last game I got three bad tackles, two of my players needed treatment. But no foul, advantage... nada. :D

Yeah just played 3 games after the patch, 0 free kicks. This includes being taken clean out in the box and then deliberately doing the same to the AI. No penalty either time.

Yeah just played 3 games after the patch, 0 free kicks. This includes being taken clean out in the box and then deliberately doing the same to the AI. No penalty either time.
I played against Liverpool as Chelsea and Lverpool had fould 9 times after ET.

Also the comp had Nuer sent off against me in the following game when i had Kane through on goal and got wiped out.

Plenty of fouls happen.

I'm probably overacting and the flaws will become more pronounced over time, but this update almost makes this feel like PES 2020.5. It's that good. And I'm extremely surprised I'm saying that with how important I think it is to get the fouls from the demo back

I love vanilla version is new update worth it.is it better than 1.0? thanks on fence whether its better than 1.0 and worth the download over 1.0

Last edited:
Right. i'm going to go over the reddit to make sure we as a community are clear on this.

This gameplay patch has vastly improved the game in every area, theres still one huge bug which i must speak about now and one major problem which we all know about but this is no.

No more Konami.

Pro's

Everything has improved, dribbling, responsiveness, feints, they fixed all the main issues people complained about. Even fouls are good now but the lack of them is a different thing nothing to do with the 'core' gameplay.

Con's

There is a huge bug when an AI team has fluid formation. on Superstar or especially legend, if the opposition goes to 'defensive' mentality, when you see that little marker go to blue, the you attack the opposition striker, runs back and literally turns into an extra CM, so at times you have absolute no pressure at all on the ball when attacking, I have a video of even using my keeper, running up to 40 yards from the opposition goal totally unchanged because the striker is dropping so stupidly deep. its fucking horrible. Its unbelievable because the game is so, good, just so nice without this issue.

Now again the fouls and the big problem we all know about.

KONAMI TACTICS!

They are absolutely horrible, so many of them are just plain crap and do not suit many teams. The very very worst one for me is Manchester City. It makes them so easy to play against, its pathetic, even on Legend i managed to well Draw 2-2 with them using Monaco although i couldn't even be arsed to defend properly because if i did it would of been a rather comfortable 2-0, i mean it was just a test match anyway but their tactics are just horrible, so horrible. they clearly aren't even tested! Its so easy to beat them.

Basically what City do on default is pas the ball around a little then hoof the ball to their winger who then tries a through ball to the striker, and that's how they attack, its so, easy to stop even with the vastly inferior Monaco, just mirror their formation and a strategy with logic. My beef here is this is where a lot of the negativity was coming from. Reddit, mostly younger fans, newer gen people who really started the whole 'Demo is better' stuff, and the thing is the demo 100% is not better than what we have in the new patch, the demo seemed better because they where 5 minute matches, fouls where very over exaggerated and the CPU was so mad passive dribbling round them at times was easy. Anyone calling the demo better is just following placebo. if you played the demo on PC and extended the time you would see it was very flawed and had few fouls when you had more time and space to build attacks.

Sadly, if you want fouls offline you have to sort the teams out tactically so the pitch is more compressed and teams don't sit back like crazy!

That striker bug on defensive mentality MUST be fixed in the next patch! It happens with fluid formation only when they become defensive. the striker literally turns into a extra midfielder.

Back
Top Bottom