eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

For me it feels better than demo coming from 1.0 (I dint update the game) they have slowed the game down. With the corrections they have made to the defensive lines you now have to work harder for openings. The ball physics. To me are better than 1.0 bobbles more and is at lease looser than 1.2.
Too early to tell but there is actual midfield battles now which is great.. Will play some more and post my thoughts

w
Some of you should indeed make peace with the fact the demo/1.0 (which at least to me aren't the perfect game anyway) isn't coming back.

Theres no peace to be made. V1.00 is available to play. I personally dont play online so have no longing for a patch to return the game to 1.00. It's interesting to see with each patch whether they get closer to that feeling of looseness and freedom and rhythm though.

I've personally mentioned nothing about v1.00 on here almost since the day of release, until today. It feels at times like people can become divided over anything, even versions of a computer game to the extent that labels like nutters (meant in jest I'm sure) and elitism and vanilla-lovers start being thrown around.

There should be room for rigorous debate about the game and the versions without people feeling like others preferring a different version to them somehow constitutes a judgement of them or their own judgement, when it isnt.

For me it feels better than demo coming from 1.0 (I dint update the game) they have slowed the game down. With the corrections they have made to the defensive lines you now have to work harder for openings. The ball physics. To me are better than 1.0 bobbles more and is at lease looser than 1.2.
Too early to tell but there is actual midfield battles now which is great.. Will play some more and post my thoughts

It's weird, for me it bobbles less. I wonder how much TV and resolution settings plays a part. I was experimenting with an xbox one and pes 2020 and changing between 4k, 1440 and 1080p produced such variations in basic gameplay...

The comparisons are interesting.

But, for what it's worth, I'm not against comparisons or debates. I'm just saying that if you keep looking for the demo in the newer patches you'll probably end up disappointed. Not that you can't or shouldn't of you want to, but it just seems they are going a different route.

For the rest we can talk about differences all day and night long- Vanilla, chocolate, strawberries.. all good to me..

Need to clarify it :)

The direct free kicks in this game are one of the most obvious flaws I've seen in a sports game. So much so that I felt the need to create an account on Evo-Web.

More than half of my free kicks have gone in and it doesn't even seem hard to pull off for someone who hasn't played PES in roughly 10 years. The AI free kicks have been less problematic for me, as I've managed to block most of them. They do seem to always hit the target though.
They have replaced penalties with free kicks!!!!

But, for what it's worth, I'm not against comparisons or debates. I'm just saying that if you keep looking for the demo in the newer patches you'll probably end up disappointed. Not that you can't or shouldn't of you want to, but it just seems they are going a different route.

For the rest we can talk about differences all day and night long- Vanilla, chocolate, strawberries.. all good to me..

Need to clarify it :)

I take y
You see, this is exactly what I mean...labels!!
Seriously? It was a joke.. a light line.. a distensive attempt..
[/QUOTE]

Sorry! I was kidding! I should've made that clearer...

How is everyone setting up tactically?

I'm playing a wide 4-4-2 with Zenit, slagging direct balls down the channels or into Dyzuba's magnet of a chest.

Currently going deep backline, all-out defence, and conservative pressing.

I like how it's viable to go either front foot or back foot. Front foot allows you to dictate the game and sometimes completely hem the opposition in, but you're liable to get caught out. Back foot risks the game passing you by, but offers more stability and space in behind to exploit. I've had success and disasters with both.

I'm having trouble getting my DMs to shield my CBs well enough, too often I get square passes played into their strikers without my midfield anywhere close.

Only advanced instruction I use is Swam the Box. Anyone get success out of any of others? Sometimes go Anchoring on a CF.

Some of you should indeed make peace with the fact the demo/1.0 (which at least to me aren't the perfect game anyway) isn't coming back.

The demo nearly stopped me buying the game, being too easy with the same AI approach play over and over. Glad it didn't. Looking forward to trying the latest version.

How is everyone setting up tactically?

I'm playing a wide 4-4-2 with Zenit, slagging direct balls down the channels or into Dyzuba's magnet of a chest.

Currently going deep backline, all-out defence, and conservative pressing.

However quite often find I'm getting penned in if I can't get in behind. I'm having trouble getting my DMs to shield my CBs well enough, too often I get square passes played into their strikers without my midfield anywhere close.

Only advanced instruction I use is Swam the Box. Anyone get success out of any of others? Sometimes go Anchoring on a CF.

So far I've been playing a classic 4-3-3 with wide players and two CMFs with a DMF, having gotten bored with a 4-3-1-2 - might try that again in the new patch if the CB marking has improved.

Just out of interest, where are you playing Malcolm in a 4-4-2, as a forward or a midfielder?

Has anyone tried Online?

PA1, more or less (or the same) level of assistance?

Yup pa1 feels basically the same as far as I can tell. Played some myclub matches earlier. It feels good, still the same spammy opponents unfortunately but on my end it felt nice putting a few passes together, trying to go past a player etc. I enjoyed it. Played a matchday game with a thrown together 5 star team of players I will never use and beat a pa3 ping pong spammer coin whore which felt rather good! Team picture and formation below, so classy :)

They are getting so close now to a bloody ideal game, just need to tone down pa1 a bit more and remove the other level of assists from online and the game will be spot on (oh and get rid of the scripting crap!)

Will try some ML later on when the missus gets home and see how it plays versus the ai now!

*edit, only got the photo of his pre cheap formation. This quickly switched to all the defenders being a millimetre from the goal line and a nice spammy front two or three depending on which manager he switched too!

Attachments

• 20191024_162210.jpg
    20191024_162210.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
I know. I even liked the post. It seemed in jest...I still think my point stands though...

I know, it was in jest.. but some eccentric madman went wild and threatened me with a ban for some reason.

Crazy Eccentric Madman. :CALM:

It's weird, for me it bobbles less. I wonder how much TV and resolution settings plays a part. I was experimenting with an xbox one and pes 2020 and changing between 4k, 1440 and 1080p produced such variations in basic gameplay...

Resolution would not change anything gameplay wise.

Its funny I tried a few last night in hdr and it felt felt slower and somewhat less responsive.. Maybe in my head.... Any way patch is good but SS is rock solid and not barge you off the ball rock solid just good

Its funny I tried a few last night in hdr and it felt felt slower and somewhat less responsive.. Maybe in my head.... Any way patch is good but SS is rock solid and not barge you off the ball rock solid just good
It's not that crazy. Different display settings can change input lag. That is after all the reason many TVs have a dedicated game setting.

Can anyone confirm if the new gameplay patch is present on an already started master league or will I have to start over again?

I didnt express myself very well. I dont mean the actual gameplay, I meant the more the feel of the gameplay. Certainly moving between 1080p and 4k on an xbox s created the appearance of variation in normal passes. The ball 'felt' more stuck to the ground on 1080p for whatever reason...I expect the brain processing the higher/lower resolution accounts for it.

Haven't played it yet. En route home from work and the girlfriend probably wants me to polish the cupboard door handles (not a euphemism) when I get in but - based on the feedback here - I'm eager. Although I liked 1.03 so it could go either way.

Also after the latest patch they changed the model of my master league manager, he's lost his beer belly

Tonight we riot.

If my gaffer has lost his 'stressed bank manager' look I'll be cross.

Back
Top Bottom