eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

This for me is criminal.
There would at least be a semblance of immersion in EPL if you had these pitches and adboards did not constantly say la grande etc etc...
And there is nothing like playing in Italy or Brazil and hearing an English announcement in the stadium: "Coming off the pitch number so and so..."

(Exhibition mode)

I like it. Edited tactics remain untouched. Looser ball allows for more choice. More CPU pass error on top player. Still losing my games but they feel good.

Only played 3 games tonight (2 x Spurs vs Bayern and 1 x Juve vs Barca; TP; 15min) but I think this is the game I paid for based on the demo. It also feels like all my moaning has paid off.

I hope konami (please) do not make things worse as the year progresses.

It'd be great if ML and MC played a great game for the complete package. Unfortunately, I've lost faith in those modes so you guys who play will have to fill me in. But at least the foundation is good. Should've had this 3 weeks ago but at least its finally here.

Thanks to community/players pushing for the change and to konami/Mr Bhatti for the delivery.

HOW does 1.3 compare to 1.0 is it more like 1.0 or 1.2?I hated 1.2 im on 1.0 but i want to apply an option file but im afraid 1.3 will play like 1.2.can someone tell me if 1.3 plays like 1.0?or is gameplay fixes like ai responsisvesnnss going to be in end of october patch instead?thanks

HOW does 1.3 compare to 1.0 is it more like 1.0 or 1.2?I hated 1.2 im on 1.0 but i want to apply an option file but im afraid 1.3 will play like 1.2.can someone tell me if 1.3 plays like 1.0?or is gameplay fixes like ai responsisvesnnss going to be in end of october patch instead?thanks
You can backup your save and edit data. All teams that you edited (if you edited) will still be available if you dont like 1.3 and want to go back to 1.0.
I have uploaded all my files online and have them available to download again if I chose to go back. Some people are doing backups on usb.
So you could safely patch it up to current version and try it.

I dont want to tell you too much, in case im experiencing the usual placebo effect, but after patch ball does feel more loose, and physicality seems more balanced. AI still pressures you and sits on your back, but your player will fight back, shoving and pushing. Its not quite 1.0 level yet, but it feels nicer.
Fouls are still the same.

I've gone back to 1.0 until next patch comes out - something felt a bit off with this one. 1.0 feels good - fouls are the same across the board every version still averaging 4-5 on 1.0 superstar - there's also no point trying exhibition mode to rate versions. Start a cup or a league and play on that to gauge the game properly

I've gone back to 1.0 until next patch comes out - something felt a bit off with this one. 1.0 feels good - fouls are the same across the board every version still averaging 4-5 on 1.0 superstar - there's also no point trying exhibition mode to rate versions. Start a cup or a league and play on that to gauge the game properly
yeah i think mostt of the "gameplay fixes" were going be for end of october patch from what I heard and not this one.

I played onematch tonight and won 1-0 v Lugo . Yes it did seem as though the ball was a bit looser tonight which threw up a few interesting situations and gameplay.
However i am of the opinion that the main driving force in all this gameplay issues in ML is driven by Team Spirit and the relation your TS has to the hidden TS of the AI teams.

I really cant understand game speed .. sometime 0 speed feels like fast sometimes like -1 ... i think it differs along with stadium u play at and also day and night time... i prefer to play fast if 0 feels slow... every mods (ml exhibition bal etc..) every matchs feels totaly different... so many randomness .. i dont know if it is a good thing or not

Same.
At least in 1.0 the AI dribble at you somewhat in comparison to the passing obsession of 1.2

The loose passes seem a bit out of control. First half using Liverpool i must of misplaced passed it around 8 times it was that bad i had to check if i was on manual. So far apart from that it feels like a very refined and more fun 1.02.

Crikey online in my club now works. Was laggy as anything and now it's how it should be, just played a load of really good games. All flowed and against people who played properly and not a pressure mash.

Responsiveness much better, this patch has made me a happy guy. Responsivnes was my biggest problem, far better now. Great game

Become a legend mode is unplayable on superstar.. your Teammates are brainless chicken .. cant even pass to 5 yards if u request ball... i quit playing BAL.. ML is so scripted on Ss and legend.. just league mode is left for me

I scored this free kick today. It was nice. Also the play in which the AI fouled is interesting. If at some point I can get my PS4 to upload it to Youtube, I'll show you. It was my first game after the patch.

The game has been sped up along with response times in this patch. The ball zips at high velocity on passes the entire match. I'm not a fan of this. It feels like +1 speed and frantic.

-1 speed will be my preferred option to slow things down.

I really cant understand game speed .. sometime 0 speed feels like fast sometimes like -1 ... i think it differs along with stadium u play at and also day and night time... i prefer to play fast if 0 feels slow... every mods (ml exhibition bal etc..) every matchs feels totaly different... so many randomness .. i dont know if it is a good thing or not

I really think it could be the grass length and pitch conditions. I heard somewhere that short makes the ball zing more. Not sure what dry vs wet field conditions to other then make players slide around more but I think those 2 variables play into it.

I really think it could be the grass length and pitch conditions. I heard somewhere that short makes the ball zing more. Not sure what dry vs wet field conditions to other then make players slide around more but I think those 2 variables play into it.

I remember a loading screen on the demo saying you could use the pitch conditions to your advantage when playing online by picking the right combination to suit your strengths and make your home ground a fortress.

My thoughts after last update for Offline.

Shots are more direct & more powerful.

So as headers.

R2 dribbling more direct.

Cpu Teams (cup modes) are slightly more difficult to beat.They are better in Offense-Defence without spam pressing

They do press but not with 2-3 players ON the ball player.They are pressing closing space & eventually giving you no space.You just have to lob the ball away now or you might end up with a wrong pass resulting an easy goal.

Cpu can make better through ball when being pressed high & the better players can now perform combo dribble moves changing directions.Overall cpu is slightly more difficult to beat.

There is less space between lines now.

The downfall is that the game became slightly faster...i may have to lower speed (again)

The game is definitely faster now. No doubt about that. At least, for me. And I'm sure it's not placebo.
It also feels smoother.
But I haven't noticed less space or tighter lines.

Can't really say whether I like it more than the previous version or not.
I'll be waiting for that late October patch before I start a ML.

My thoughts after last update for Offline.

Shots are more direct & more powerful.

So as headers.

R2 dribbling more direct.

Cpu Teams (cup modes) are slightly more difficult to beat.They are better in Offense-Defence without spam pressing

They do press but not with 2-3 players ON the ball player.They are pressing closing space & eventually giving you no space.You just have to lob the ball away now or you might end up with a wrong pass resulting an easy goal.

Cpu can make better through ball when being pressed high & the better players can now perform combo dribble moves changing directions.Overall cpu is slightly more difficult to beat.

There is less space between lines now.

The downfall is that the game became slightly faster...i may have to lower speed (again)

I haven't done the update yet.
For now, I'm sticking to version 1.0 on another PS4.
Honestly, I'm amazed that the patch fixed all these things.
The changelog didn't mention them...

Honestly, I'm amazed that the patch fixed all these things.
The changelog didn't mention them...
That's a very subtle way of saying "if Konami had balanced all these things, A) why would they not say so, B) given how transparent they're being through Facebook now, why would they not say so, and C) given that the biggest complaints on Facebook are about some of these things, why would they not say so".

I'm not very subtle. :D

Like the responsiveness but not a fan of the higher tempo. I had some good PA0 games last night online which was good because it felt more unpredictable again. But a bit to frantic at times because of the slightly faster pace. I can't imagine what's it like on PA1...

Back
Top Bottom