eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Loose ball issue has to be rectified as soon as possible with the big patch along with foul decissions.. those are the utmost significant issues with the highest priority.. konami made the best pes ever but these two issues ruin the fun...

How did you edit to have 3 divisions? Didnt even know it was possible

PES2020 or PES2?

do you get promoted in league mode? Thought is was just a league and then that's it

So just to clarify what I have decided to play on PS4 2020 version. This is league mode only not Master League. I have edited the PES league into a fantasy Serie C league thus giving me three playable leagues in Italy. Yes, I know there is no automatic promotion or buying and selling of players but there is edit mode to swap teams around should I achieve promotion. I'll probably use whichever teams were currently bottom of Serie A and B to swap around should I reach the end of a season and promotion. The following season I can, if I wish change or add players to my squad to progress. I don't mind as its really a fantasy situation, but then so is Master League. Takes a bit of editing but any updates shouldn't affect my squad as Konomi's' PES league is fantasy to begin with. Just for my interest really but its fun desperately trying to achieve something and as long as you have started with the created players in your squad everything else can be added as you go.

So just to clarify what I have decided to play on PS4 2020 version. This is league mode only not Master League. I have edited the PES league into a fantasy Serie C league thus giving me three playable leagues in Italy. Yes, I know there is no automatic promotion or buying and selling of players but there is edit mode to swap teams around should I achieve promotion. I'll probably use whichever teams were currently bottom of Serie A and B to swap around should I reach the end of a season and promotion. The following season I can, if I wish change or add players to my squad to progress. I don't mind as its really a fantasy situation, but then so is Master League. Takes a bit of editing but any updates shouldn't affect my squad as Konomi's' PES league is fantasy to begin with. Just for my interest really but its fun desperately trying to achieve something and as long as you have started with the created players in your squad everything else can be added as you go.
You will keep track of the changes, in a paper, application anything, then do them in edit mode and then restart a new save every new season?

You will keep track of the changes, in a paper, application anything, then do them in edit mode and then restart a new save every new season?

A little OT, however, in PES4 a user built this entire front end application to host online games where the game was only launched to actually play the match. This inspired another user to try building their own management style game that over-layed PES and only used it again for the match engine. I'm not sure if that project ever finished, but it was impressive improvising over the limitations of the career modes in game!

A little OT, however, in PES4 a user built this entire front end application to host online games where the game was only launched to actually play the match. This inspired another user to try building their own management style game that over-layed PES and only used it again for the match engine. I'm not sure if that project ever finished, but it was impressive improvising over the limitations of the career modes in game!
If anyone ever figures out a way of connecting Football Manager to any football game - any, seriously, PES 4, FIFA 97, Sensible Soccer for all I care - then... That's the rest of my life sorted...

Probably less relevant now that they have patched again.
But here's a couple more videos of moments I enjoyed on the 'stealth patch' from last week.

This is just the post match replay of the above (as I liked the angles it cut to)
What is this about a stealth patch last week? So I was not going crazy?

If anyone ever figures out a way of connecting Football Manager to any football game - any, seriously, PES 4, FIFA 97, Sensible Soccer for all I care - then... That's the rest of my life sorted...
Let's fuse this baby with FM and check your life sorted!!! :P :P :D

Sorry for the offTopic, this was my first COLORFULL! football console game. Used to play 1vs1 with my father.

I used to sink a lot of time into SWOS, MUTD (which was essentially a rip-off of the former in an isometric view), just because you could play leagues and actually transfer players and both aspects were fun. But with the way FM has gone these days, I'd spend 4 hours managing my team to play one single match and that would be the entire session. I can't decide if that would be fun or not? (I stopped playing it a fair few years ago as I just haven't the time compared to what I'd like to sink into it)

I'll settle for that...

Seems like we'll only ever get an amazing football manager game with basic (or no) on-pitch gameplay, or an amazing football game with cripplingly basic (or buggy) management elements so...

I'd take it...
To end the OT from my side at least, i remember the "other" rival footy game in 2006, had a manager separate game that could be connected by swapping CDs/DVDs. I cant remember if the PES manager could be connected to the PES games.

I appreciate how they include different sets of difficulty for Negotiations in Master League. I always believe negotiating is an intricate and hard situation to be in. Hence why many clubs in real world waiting for very last moment to pull the trigger. It shouldn't be easy as in FIFA 20 and previous PES iterations. So yeah, big step up in Master League.

I'm really struggling to get past the responsiveness. So frustrating when two players are moving towards the same ball, collide, stagger in opposite directions and then just stand up straight for half a second before moving back towards the ball - just one example.

Trying to dribble yesterday, it's really frustrating to get a knock on the way and stop dead while the ball is still free if you'd just KEEP RUNNING. Get there and you could score. Fall over and it's a foul. But to just get "stunned" and give up possession... No, I just can't deal with that.

It's the one thing really holding me back from loving the game.
didn tkonami say they confimed they will fix repsonisvenss in the end of october patch?

The game definitely clicks once you concentrate and stop holding x. Focusing on cutting passing lanes and putting the AI into bad shooting positions.

Played against Sevilla in ML as Girona (2nd season, promoted and won the league) and was getting battered until I slowed down the pace and made them play at my game. Cut them off in the middle as much as possible forcing them wide. This resulted in them going for the crossing game and hitting wayward volleys. Managed to win the game 4-0 due to some unlucky misses, good saves, and clinical finishing.

Edit: playing on the latest patch on legendary

Yes pretty much. Its flexible enough to be as in depth or simple as you wish. Even the call names for fantasy teams are in the games edit mode. Its really no more of a problem than starting a Master League over and over again due to updates or frustration at the amount of apparent cheating by the computer in grinding out a game with TS activated. I prefer it anyway, but obviously its not many who go down this route.

Have they broken the goalkeepers? Just had two goals in as many games where they just stood there like a statue, not even challenging for the ball. Reminded me of 2018 and 2019 pre-patch...

Yes pretty much. Its flexible enough to be as in depth or simple as you wish. Even the call names for fantasy teams are in the games edit mode. Its really no more of a problem than starting a Master League over and over again due to updates or frustration at the amount of apparent cheating by the computer in grinding out a game with TS activated. I prefer it anyway, but obviously its not many who go down this route.
Υes i understand you. I do not know if i am too old, or i have big expectations,but i can't either go this route. Back in pre-PES 3 era, i used to fill 100 pages of notebooks, with fantasy leagues/cups/tournaments.
But now, i would prefer an in-game editable package, with this kind of stuff, 3rd divisions etc.

ezgif-5-47f755958888.gif

Nice backheel but the keeper makes the goal look ridiculous...

I've been enjoying the vanilla gameplay, but man I would like updated transfers and an option file. Judging by the reactions here to the newest patch, safe to say that there haven't been enough significant changes to justify updating?
Depends what you hated about the patched version?

If you wanted it to be more responsive. Then for sure it is.

I find it annoying when playing an English league match and the stadium advertising is in a foreign language. Does anybody know the stadiums which are England based so I can edit?

This for me is criminal.
There would at least be a semblance of immersion in EPL if you had these pitches and adboards did not constantly say la grande etc etc...

ezgif-5-ad899e19ace2.gif

In this one the AI defender tries to head a ball that's nowhere near him, then the keeper stays rooted to his line until I head the ball...

Didn't notice this stuff so much before today's update but could be placebo, who knows...

ezgif-5-ad899e19ace2.gif

In this one the AI defender tries to head a ball that's nowhere near him, then the keeper stays rooted to his line until I head the ball...

Didn't notice this stuff so much before today's update but could be placebo, who knows...
All keepers regardless of traits used to come out on through/long balls. I'm afraid if it's consistent they screwed something up.

Back
Top Bottom