eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I haven't played FIFA20, the wife bought it for me on release day but haven't opened it yet as balls deep in PES ML.
But from having played 14 seasons on FIFA 19 career mode, I can justifiably say that fouls were worst than PES.
Yes if a player commits a professional foul on FIFA, its a Red card, and I had my fair share of FK's and penalties, but overall, the foul count each match was ludicrously low, often 0 or 1 fouls.

Across 14 seasons, amassing over 600 matches, my fouls average per game was 0.3
The main reason was in FIFA the COM was never aggressive enough to make tackles all over the pitch, but when there was a foul, the referee logic was often correct in what it gave.
In PES, the COM is aggressive and makes fouls, but the referee logic/collision detection is so poor that fouls often aren't given no matter how blatant they are.

For the last time:
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-pes-contrast-compare.75470/page-83

EF7HlY8XoAA9YC3

Serie B Ball, its in the file of pc versione, maybe in the next dlc we have full licensed Serie B
48200079d1503725300-crap-gonna-lose-a-thumb-nail-serveimage-3-.gif

Looks like stickers put roughly on a plain ball. ;)
Anyway... glad to see first signs of Serie B licensing!! :PRAY:

My version is 1.01.02, and the data pack is 1.02, yet to the update file itself was 1.03?
It just goes on and it makes sense in some way! ;)
Always think of one version behind when updating to the latest. :LOL:
You better off taking their number game as serious as their patch notes. With ease and and not to serious...

And im off playing vanilla. :BORED:

48200079d1503725300-crap-gonna-lose-a-thumb-nail-serveimage-3-.gif

Looks like stickers put roughly on a plain ball. ;)
Anyway... glad to see first signs of Serie B licensing!! :PRAY:

Yeah it is quite hideous, especially since the Serie A ball is fine. Not that I am a massive fan of the Nike balls, Adidas are usually better IMO.

Responsiveness is absolutely noticeable so are the lines between defense and midfield they have clearly made them closer even for teams with deep defensive line.

Dribbling is easier I don't know if that is because of the responsiveness. Or they have dropped the ai down a bit I'm not sure.

I havent installed the latestpatch yet but i noticed dribbling seems a lbit easier. I will update and test again.

My early impression is that dribbling responsiveness is up from the last update, the right stick dribble was a waste of time on Legend previously because it was so slow to respond you'd get 'stumbled' off the ball 9/10 times with slightest contact. Now it feels useful again.

However the biggest thing that drove me to stick with 1.00, the AI's reluctance to dribble is still a thing, they're still looking to pass pass pass instead of driving and attacking defenders/space when there's an obvious opportunity to do so. AI didn't run with the ball enough in the demo either, 1.00 definitely had it nailed down nicely.

Enjoying this game a lot more now I have three divisions of Serie A to play in League mode. Not so much scripting as ML and don't have to wade through the dated feeling of the ML competition. Took a bit of editing but can now look forward to a few seasons of taking my struggling Serie C side hopefully to the top division.

Enjoying this game a lot more now I have three divisions of Serie A to play in League mode. Not so much scripting as ML and don't have to wade through the dated feeling of the ML competition. Took a bit of editing but can now look forward to a few seasons of taking my struggling Serie C side hopefully to the top division.
How did you edit to have 3 divisions? Didnt even know it was possible

Did this update changed players stats and raitings? Or that is happening in "bigger update" which is mentioned to be at the end of month?
When I see Sensi with 77 rating, I want to shut it down.

PES2020 or PES2?

started a new ML with the new patch and a new OF and surely a coincedence, but the first game i had a man sent off after 10 minutes for a nothing tackle. took the lead soon after and the AI spent the whole game on a blue DEF level just sitting back and letting me pass the ball around defence to take the win ffs :SHOCK: this game sometimes :))

do you get promoted in league mode? Thought is was just a league and then that's it

started a new ML with the new patch and a new OF and surely a coincedence, but the first game i had a man sent off after 10 minutes for a nothing tackle. took the lead soon after and the AI spent the whole game on a blue DEF level just sitting back and letting me pass the ball around defence to take the win ffs :SHOCK: this game sometimes :))

Bunch of wimps were just frightened you'd kick them again...

" Here's the ball sir " :PRAY:

I find it annoying when playing an English league match and the stadium advertising is in a foreign language. Does anybody know the stadiums which are England based so I can edit?

@Chuny It wasn't a FIFA vs PES Compare comment, I literally just used the count of fouls as a valid argument about PES.

And to all those saying shot feints do work, but not all the time, I invite you to come round and play my game and try 100 shot feints across multiple matches, and see how many work for you, I can tell you now how many ..... 0 !!!!

@Chuny It wasn't a FIFA vs PES Compare comment, I literally just used the count of fouls as a valid argument about PES.

And to all those saying shot feints do work, but not all the time, I invite you to come round and play my game and try 100 shot feints across multiple matches, and see how many work for you, I can tell you now how many ..... 0 !!!!

I'll try and remember to record a few over the weekend, I think I'm board-gaming the next 2 evenings.

I'll try and remember to record a few over the weekend, I think I'm board-gaming the next 2 evenings.

Irrelevant whether you record yours or not mate, as I'm talking about them working in MY game.
but yeah lets see some, see if theres some magical thing you are doing that I'm not.

Irrelevant whether you record yours or not mate, as I'm talking about them working in MY game.
but yeah lets see some, see if theres some magical thing you are doing that I'm not.

That was more what I meant :D I find, the more more info the better!
In the short term, I posted video footage earlier of a double cross-feint working (second one a nutmeg). The approach is only a little different for those.

Im kinda surprised how not many are talking about AI turn&shoot goals. Do you not find it a bit excessive? Not to a point of low cross+tap in, from last year, but still - it happens more often than it should.
Anyone found a way to battle it?
In a lot of cases I cant even block their shots.

Did this update changed players stats and raitings? Or that is happening in "bigger update" which is mentioned to be at the end of month?
When I see Sensi with 77 rating, I want to shut it down.

There is no such thing in the change log for the update. So just shut it down i guess or dont look the overall :P
Sensi is a beast anyway already in the game. Personally i wouldnt want him to be upgraded just because he had one good month.

Last edited:
Im kinda surprised how not many are talking about AI turn&shoot goals. Do you not find it a bit excessive? Not to a point of low cross+tap in, from last year, but still - it happens more often than it should.

I wrote these 3 pieces of advice a couple weeks ago.

1. Don't get too tight. Back off then you can easily block the angle for a shot and they will pass backwards.

2. Use Super cancel and get yourself in the position to anticipate the shot to block it and using R2 you can steal the ball quite easily.

3. Block the center. If you have a player blocking the pass the AI won't attempt it. But if you leave the whole of middle open obviously they will play it into the striker.

I don't find it a problem at all to be honest.

Your defender is too tight. Either step off (so they don't turn you and you can tackle as they turn) or bring in a second defender. Both require you to react early enough though.
The best defence is to not pressure the passer yourself. Use secondary pressure (shoot) instead for them and you control the CB nearest the striker. This gives you a few options.
  • Play them offside (usually the CB on this striker is the deepest
  • intercept the pass
  • give them a yard and so when they receive the ball you can make your tackle as they turn
None of this is a guarantee, but I rarely concede from this anymore (in season 5 of ML).

Last edited:
Yeh annoying. You cant turn you defender quick enough due to slow responsiveness they turn you and shoot . Mostly goals all the same height. Wouldnt be so bad if there was more variety in their shots, it s the usual mid height just inside the post stuff.
One thing though i think the keepers are saving more shots this PES2020 , maybe 10-20% more.

For me, the thing is, it sometimes feel repetitive, and boring to defend at..

Very little. Good news is - they didnt fuck anything up.
Ha ha always good news.
I'm at home right now,small patch!
Anyway *updated some strips is really some kits,loads of Serie A kits are still wrong,really poor.
Fingers crossed they'll get that right...some day!

Yeah it happens a bit too much. Honestly, I´ve had matches were I don´t see it at all, but it still might get a bit repetitive through the season.

My main issues are more with other details though. What happened to the info on the clubs that are making offers to manage them? Last years we could see what place those teams were on their leagues and eligible competitions for the next season. Now you can only see their team list and gameplan. Also, I finished my second season today, on third place, but on the league table there´s no indication of how many teams qualify for europe, champions league etc. nothing! Small things that could be there, and they actually have the time and effort to remove!

Back
Top Bottom