eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Why do Konami always take ages doing anything?

And don’t give me the sob story about them only having two people working for them and being poor compared to big, scary EA.

They’re such an amateur outfit, it actually amazes me that PES 2020 is actually as good as it is (not all the time, but it’s the best PES has been for ages.)

I largely agree with you but it's not always as simple as people think, things can take time to fix. EA with all their resources and money have a game with a completely broken career mode which is basically unplayable on console. Last time I checked they couldn't say when this would possibly be fixed.

I largely agree with you but it's not always as simple as people think, things can take time to fix. EA with all their resources and money have a game with a completely broken career mode which is basically unplayable on console. Last time I checked they couldn't say when this would possibly be fixed.
True my friend, very true.

If they give me a chance of changing one thing i would choose reapoviness.. when players have a comtact with ball or with a man they stand still for an half of second and bot getting any input.. it ruins everyrhingzzz in demo there was no issue like that... tomorrows patch i will check the responsivness first

So.....a patch tomorrow then. Not 'The' patch but I'm sure they'll be something changed under the hood.

I've just become settled & happy playing the 1.0 version for the last week, not sure I'm ready to go through it all again...:BRICK:.

It'll be interesting - I'd hope 1.0 disc will remain untouched - its the other versions that are prone to changes.

If 1.0 remains as it is for the next couple of updates, it offers consistency. IMO Consistency is what gamers need to learn/get better at a game and not constant moving of the goalposts.

When you get good at a game you can feel good. But if you feel good in an offline mode you won't be spending in online modes and I think the next major patch in a few weeks may actually make things worse (a deliberate move like the one we had going from demo to release).

(And if it does, then digital refund for me and you can keep your "game", Mr Bhatti)

BTW I'm only just settling into 1.2 (exh mode)

Last edited:
You are both kidding yourselves.
Maybe there's a demographic of online players that don't want this kind of football, but you're in the minority.
Why else do you think both Konami and EA tailor their game in this way every single year??

I've seen countless posts across twitter and other social media from self confessed 'online only' players that were screaming blue murder because the demo had a fair few fouls in, they all stated that having the game keep stopping for fouls ruined the fun, they are not interested in proper football or the rules, just that players have the right boots, face and tattoos and that they can play non stop without fouls interrupting.

Konami are a business, they cater to the core audience which is online as its what makes them money after the initial sale, they wont do anything to jeapordise that, thats why patches and DP's always have the boots faces and tattoos updated first and foremost, and why they buckle at the merest suggestion that fouls ruin the game and completely revert it from what it was in the demo or 1.00.

Why else would a company leave out a core rule of the sport?

It's not true that EA have no fouls in FIFA20. I love PES and have loved playing PES since but lets not start making up things. PES has the more realistic gameplay. Much more logical. They messed up with removing fouls yes but ive played over 20 game on FIFA20 (before returning the game after 3 days). In my very first match against the AI, i was hacked down when clean through on goal. Straight red for the AI although i missed the penalty.

In all the matches i played on FIFA20 there were at least 60 fouls with 7 red cards (for AI and me) and about 22 yellows. Many free kicks and Pens which are crazy hard to score and breaking down a 10 man team was crazy hard. I even lost games against 10 men.

In any case, what i'm saying is PES2020 (i hate the eFootball name), is the most satisfying game of football in decades but the fouls need to come back. It made it a far more tactical game. Its what i loved about the demo (minus the passive Ai on the demo).

I've had 10 mins this morning and it felt like the ball was looser a bit and a bit more unpredictability. I'll wait for placebo as to be fair it was one half

This is all Konami put up. As usual, no details.

A new Update File (Data Pack 1.02 & Patch 1.01.02) was released on 03/10/2019.
See below for details.

■ Updates and Additions
・ Updated face models for some players
・ Updated portraits for some players

■ Fixes
・ Fixed an issue where spectators do not receive a reward for spectating Matchday Grand Finals that end prematurely.
・ Fixed an issue where setting P2P to 'Don't use' in [Port Settings] can prevent you from finding an opponent in online 1 vs 1 matches.
・ Fixed an issue that causes Master League to crash under certain conditions.
・ Fixed portraits for some players.
・ Fixed strips of some clubs.
・ Fixed emblems of some clubs.

■ Gameplay Adjustments
A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.

just play the game yourself and feel it
already heard of ppl saying opposite things of each others:CURSE:

Why do they have to do this shit every year? Just tell us what you changed ffs... For all their supposed improvements in communication with the new FB page, this is still the same old cryptic Konami bullshit we've come to expect...

Had 2 games before work. Players felt more responsive on the ball & to loose balls. A.i seemed very passive though, even more so than vanilla. Hard to make a full judgment yet though, will need more games later.

After the update (PC) it seems there are less space between the defensive and midfield lines so the game it a little bit more compact, what i like. If you are able to close the passing lanes well you force the AI to play a little less direct and with a bit more patience.

I do think the ball is a little bit more loose but i'm not 100% sure about it. I need more matches.

Players seems to be more responsive so the game speeds up a little bit. In my opinion it is much to fast on gamespeed 0.

Dribbling is still no where near the fun i had with it in the demo. The AI simply knows my moves and they react to fast.

Overall i like the update but i'm still missing the free gameplay of the demo. In the demo dribbling was better, i saw more mistakes from the AI and the gamespeed was better. Demo gameplay felt more human to me.

We have to wait until the "big" update comes late October. But i don't believe they will bring back that "free" and "human" feeling to the game. They are still targeting the online crowd and that means they need a more responsive and faster game without a lot of passing, first-touch errors etc.

Why do they have to do this shit every year? Just tell us what you changed ffs... For all their supposed improvements in communication with the new FB page, this is still the same old cryptic Konami bullshit we've come to expect...
be patient, just wait for the patch in the late of october, it would be a big patch with more details
I doubt the patch released today would matter

be patient, just wait for the patch in the late of october, it would be a big patch with more details
I doubt the patch released today would matter
They do this every year though. I guarantee this won't be the last we see some vague BS like "various changes to improve the experience".

Do it every year..yes.. but this year feels very different in the way Konami is responding to its fans. Definitely more transparent. And with 2 patches out in first month..wow.. im happy about this.

Had 2 games before work. Players felt more responsive on the ball & to loose balls. A.i seemed very passive though, even more so than vanilla. Hard to make a full judgment yet though, will need more games later.
what game mode? Chelsea in league mode on SS were anything but passive I was 1 nil down after 6 mins. Also agree on the responsiveness

I played 5-6 matches with new patch on superstar
Little more responsive
No fouls still..
More compact gameplay even they have deep defensive line .. more offsides
Better than 1.02 still not good as vanilla

They do this every year though. I guarantee this won't be the last we see some vague BS like "various changes to improve the experience".
well, this is just a small patch
And I even doubt the gameplay changed a little bit
so I am not bother they said various changes to improve the experience
just wait for the next patch which they already said some details on fb

Back
Top Bottom