eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Funny how the demo offline was 5 minutes, so most people spent whole month playing online. As far as I remember - most people were very happy with the game back then. Stupid collisions fouls were there, but not as annoying as against AI. I had one of the best games online during the demo phase, on manual (and I can provide screenshots from my games) where I had average of 3 fouls per game. So I cant really see how online players would not want them to work on fouls, which would bring back some excitement and took spamming X pressure away. Its constant defending pressure going unpunished thats killing online gameplay for a lot of people now.

As it is, offline, Im reasonably happy with fouls on user side. Its the AI side that needs work.
You can say all you want about playing certain way, but there are instances, where AI commits clear fouls, barging you off the ball or tripping in the penalty area and nothing is being given, or its a free kick foe AI. This you cant argue with. there is more than enough examples online.

I'm not sure if you misunderstood my post but I'm not arguing there isn't problems online (god knows there is) I was referring to the fact that we who play online often get that we only want to play a end to end goal scoring ping pong fest. Something I think in general isn't true, but the game force you to play in certain way if you want to compete with others.

I can't get any enjoyment from offline since I find it stale and boring (and I have FM for a more RPG- experience or what you might call it) and the same goes for the friendly lobby since there isn't anything at stake. It might sound childish but even if it's just some virtual points thats doesn't mean anything it adds something for me. I'm the same IRL, I HATE when a friend just wants to play some tennis just for fun and doesn't want to make a match of it.

But as you mentioned the demo did get A LOT of praise among online players, even on PA1, so I think a lot of people would love a more realistic gameplay online if they only would get the chance...

I'm not sure if you misunderstood my post but I'm not arguing there isn't problems online (god knows there is) I was referring to the fact that we who play online often get that we only want to play a end to end goal scoring ping pong fest. Something I think in general isn't true, but the game force you to play in certain way if you want to compete with others.

I can't get any enjoyment from offline since I find it stale and boring (and I have FM for a more RPG- experience or what you might call it) and the same goes for the friendly lobby since there isn't anything at stake. It might sound childish but even if it's just some virtual points thats doesn't mean anything it adds something for me. I'm the same IRL, I HATE when a friend just wants to play some tennis just for fun and doesn't want to make a match of it.

But as you mentioned the demo did get A LOT of praise among online players, even on PA1, so I think a lot of people would love a more realistic gameplay online if they only would get the chance...
No, no, I got what you meant. I quoted you, coz I agreed with what you said and wanted to follow up on your thought, adding my perspective. I should've made it clear there. ;)

You are both kidding yourselves.
Maybe there's a demographic of online players that don't want this kind of football, but you're in the minority.
Why else do you think both Konami and EA tailor their game in this way every single year??

I've seen countless posts across twitter and other social media from self confessed 'online only' players that were screaming blue murder because the demo had a fair few fouls in, they all stated that having the game keep stopping for fouls ruined the fun, they are not interested in proper football or the rules, just that players have the right boots, face and tattoos and that they can play non stop without fouls interrupting.

Konami are a business, they cater to the core audience which is online as its what makes them money after the initial sale, they wont do anything to jeapordise that, thats why patches and DP's always have the boots faces and tattoos updated first and foremost, and why they buckle at the merest suggestion that fouls ruin the game and completely revert it from what it was in the demo or 1.00.

Why else would a company leave out a core rule of the sport?

I keep coming back to this example but the NHL- series made the decision to lock passing for online a couple of years back and people of course thought it was too hard etc but hey ADAPTED after a while and the game became (somewhat) more realistic and unpredictable.

So in the end it's up to Konami.

I have never seen so much positivity among people on Twitter etc in regards to the online side of the demo anyway.

Why do Konami always take ages doing anything?

And don’t give me the sob story about them only having two people working for them and being poor compared to big, scary EA.

They’re such an amateur outfit, it actually amazes me that PES 2020 is actually as good as it is (not all the time, but it’s the best PES has been for ages.)

And don’t give me the sob story about them only having two people working for them and being poor compared to big, scary EA.

They’re such an amateur outfit, it actually amazes me that PES 2020 is actually as good as it is (not all the time, but it’s the best PES has been for ages.)

I suggest you educate yourself on the lifecycle of the PES developer, it's a well know fact that they hibernate from the August to late October period yearly. Also, coincidentally, the PES social media lifecycle contains a similar 8 month hibernation period following the hype-ractive May to August mating season.

I suggest you educate yourself on the lifecycle of the PES developer, it's a well know fact that they hibernate from the August to late October period yearly. Also, coincidentally, the PES social media lifecycle contains a similar 8 month hibernation period following the hype-ractive May to August mating season.
Made me laugh, thanks :LOL:

The Konami Bears!

I don´t have any hope for those upcoming patches tbh.
The freedom of the ball and that unpredictibility we had in the demo and also 1.0....I don´t have high hopes that these will come back again.
It´s not that it´s not there anymore with 1.2, but the set in that section was perfect!

I keep coming back to this example but the NHL- series made the decision to lock passing for online a couple of years back and people of course thought it was too hard etc but hey ADAPTED after a while and the game became (somewhat) more realistic and unpredictable.

So in the end it's up to Konami.

I have never seen so much positivity among people on Twitter etc in regards to the online side of the demo anyway.

You've just confirmed my point!
Yes, its up to Konami, and what they choose is to ALWAYS side with the online crowd, the majority of whom, not all, but majority, want free flowing play, not fouls.

Why do people keep saying 1.02 ??
My game has all the latest updates applied (PS4) and the version says 1.01.01
:LOL:
I think when the patch was downloading it was saying downloading patch 1.2.
But you're right. Once updated - it will say 1.01.01.
Its all very confusing.

You've just confirmed my point!
Yes, its up to Konami, and what they choose is to ALWAYS side with the online crowd, the majority of whom, not all, but majority, want free flowing play, not fouls.

No that's not my Point. My point was that this year, for the first time, I saw people being happy with online in the demo which should show that there at least are MORE people wanting a more realistic gameplay online that the general consensus always says. And I don't think it was only the "online crowd" who wanted to change the fouls, a lot of twitter messages for example just said; "too many fouls!"

can't wait to see placebo tmr
Tomorrow will be the usual:

“Game is much faster now, what have they done?”

“Game is slower now, more loose like the demo!”

“Game is easier now, what have they done?”

“PA1 passing is more like PA0 now!”

“Since the update Neymar’s eyes are two different colours.”

“Since the update I’m now getting free bags of M&Ms posted to me straight from Konami HQ.”

Tomorrow will be the usual:

“Game is much faster now, what have they done?”

“Game is slower now, more loose like the demo!”

“Game is easier now, what have they done?”

“PA1 passing is more like PA0 now!”

“Since the update Neymar’s eyes are two different colours.”

“Since the update I’m now getting free bags of M&Ms posted to me straight from Konami HQ.”
Since the update they have removed my beloved Shark Heads from Edit Mode.... DAMN you!

Since the update the catchup bug isn't there!! (on Amateur Difficulty)... :)

:LOL:
I think when the patch was downloading it was saying downloading patch 1.2.
But you're right. Once updated - it will say 1.01.01.
Its all very confusing.
If you do information for PES 2020 icon on the homepage it tells you what version you are running despite what is says on the title screen. Mine says 1.01.01 on title screen but 1.02 on the information screen.

I always leave my PES ‘offline’ after installing an option file (I set Auto-Login to ‘OFF’ so the game loads in quicker and I don’t have to read pages of rubbish about myClub).

Tomorrow I might download the latest Live Update. Will this mess with my option file? I’m sure in PES 2019 it would mess with my manager names etc.

Also, because I’m a stickler for detail - I made sure every club team is in alphabetical order because it looks stupid on team select screen when Bayern Munich are bottom of the page. Will this get messed around with as well if I install tomorrow’s Live Update?

Regarding ML difficulty and finding the right one, am I the only one who changes the difficulty for home vs away matches? I play top player home and superstar away, gives a good balance experiencing the 2 and look at any league table around the world - teams generally win more and are stronger at home, some teams with drastic differences.

Agree, there is really no justifying looking at it that way. Konami is a huge profitable company with a net worth above 3 billion and with years of making AAA games under the belt.

However, and i am by no means an expert so i invite everyone to correct me if im wrong, but imho in the end i think this apparent lack of progress is more about culture then anything.

In general, a Japanese employer is very cautious and risk-averse. Serving the customer is very important; they want to make everyone happy. The last thing they want to do is fail and god forbid, lose their job (its like being banned from your familiy). Before changing anything they study every detail in perfection and progress is slow and steady.

As much as Konami is an international company with, i imagine, plenty of foreign developers and managers, the dominant culture will always be Japanese. In light of this, it must be greusome for these developers to have these yearly deadlines and be in fierce compitition with EA.

Agree, there is really no justifying looking at it that way. Konami is a huge profitable company with a net worth above 3 billion and with years of making AAA games under the belt.

However, and i am by no means an expert so i invite everyone to correct me if im wrong, but imho in the end i think this apparent lack of progress is more about culture then anything.

In general, a Japanese employer is very cautious and risk-averse. Serving the customer is very important; they want to make everyone happy. The last thing they want to do is fail and god forbid, lose their job (its like being banned from your familiy). Before changing anything they study every detail in perfection and progress is slow and steady.

As much as Konami is an international company with, i imagine, plenty of foreign developers and managers, the dominant culture will always be Japanese. In light of this, it must be greusome for these developers to have these yearly deadlines and be in fierce compitition with EA.
Very interesting reply, especially the part about Japanese culture which I find fascinating. Thanks!

Guys hello here is konami statement... read second parapraph... it says 2 issues ... which are loose balls and defence line ...

Dear PES Fans,

This is just a quick update to keep you informed about the upcoming patch scheduled for release this Thursday (October 3).
In this patch, we’ll be rolling out a number of fixes, including those for the following two issues previously discussed on this blog.

■ Master League Crashes
The issue that occasionally caused Master League to crash when using a club with edited sponsor logos will be fixed.

■ Incorrect Kits
Kits for the following clubs will also be fixed:

Celtic (Scotland)
Fortaleza (Brazil)
Genoa (Italy)
Napoli (Italy)

As mentioned above, a number of other fixes are also planned. For a full breakdown of the changes coming, be sure to check out the patch notes in-game (via Online Information) or on the official site on Thursday.

Unfortunately, we were unable to get the Super Cancel bug rectified in time for this patch. We’re still working on the issue, and the current plan is to have it fixed sometime in late October - we know this bug is a pain, and we apologise for the delay.

That’s all for now - see you on the pitch! ⚽️
If you read it again with more attention; it says in 2nd paragraph : In this patch, we’ll be rolling out a number of fixes, including those for the following two issues previously discussed on this blog...
The 2 issues that is told here are loose balls and defence mid line... so it wont be a kit update patch tomorrow... will definetely change gameplay .. im hyped for tomorrow...

So.....a patch tomorrow then. Not 'The' patch but I'm sure they'll be something changed under the hood.

I've just become settled & happy playing the 1.0 version for the last week, not sure I'm ready to go through it all again...:BRICK:.

Back
Top Bottom