eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I was more referring to you mentioning Freiburg. You probably meant the french team because Bundesliga isn't in the game, is it?

Oh gotcha. With the option file from PES Universe, they have the bundesliga, it’s just under PES league.

I decided to use my save without Jesus. I just don’t see how Fulham would get him haha.

Damn!

I was playing an ML trying out different gameplay mods which all have been great, thx to our modders on here.

But since they found a way to get the unpatched vanilla version on PC as well...you know...1.0 the demolike version....
it´s the best gameplay ever!

The ball physics is so separate from the players, that even AI is out in it´s estimation where the ball goes.
There are animations I haven´t seen since the demo.
Plus....when I perform a cross and there is an opponent defender, he jumps up to head the ball away, but doesn´t jump high enough or too late or whatever, but still jumps up but misses the ball...that looks extra life-like and is nice, cause the best defenders make mistakes as well.
You hardly (or maybe never) see that in the updated version.

And inertia kicks in a lot more intense. I was playing almost two ML seasons (with the updated version) and hardly ever had the need to sub my players.
Now, on vanilla I had an FA cup match and my players where exhausted and the best thing: I saw it in the animations...when my player tried to sprint, he wouldn´t go full speed and does a little stumble within.....so great!

How come they are screwing up their own gameplay???

Thanks for explaining the things I've try to explain in my post. Situations like defenders missing crosses and exhaused players tried but can't. It's just more lifelike all over the place and like I said before the best playing ai ever. I can't go back to updated version, I try it yesterday but only 5 minutes after start I feel it, there is something wrong and it feels compared to vanilla very bad, just scripted and predictable. I don't like it, because I know they've done it better before.
I don't want to depreciate someone's opinion and everybody has his own points of opinion about a football match.

Thanks for explaining the things I've try to explain in my post. Situations like defenders missing crosses and exhaused players tried but can't. It's just more lifelike all over the place and like I said before the best playing ai ever. I can't go back to updated version, I try it yesterday but only 5 minutes after start I feel it, there is something wrong and it feels compared to vanilla very bad, just scripted and predictable. I don't like it, because I know they've done it better before.
I don't want to depreciate someone's opinion and everybody has his own points of opinion about a football match.
im praying they listen to our feedback and 1.3 patch will be like 1.0 which felt most like the demo .If they keep the gameplay of 1.2 patch on 1.3 patched id be shcoked and dissapointed.I really want 1.0 patch gameplay with option file.i hopefully 1.3 patch will be like that if not ill play 1.0 for whole seaosn without an option file :(

Does anyone here play Top Player with default assists? I can’t bear SS any longer. (Master League)

I always win my first few ML league games on Top Player, assume it’s going to stay too easy and then I put it up to SS.

Would love to hear from someone who’s played on Top Player for a whole season, does it get way too easy? Remember, I’m using default assists and no power gauge to keep shooting a bit more interesting.

Does anyone here play Top Player with default assists? I can’t bear SS any longer. (Master League)

I always win my first few ML league games on Top Player, assume it’s going to stay too easy and then I put it up to SS.

Would love to hear from someone who’s played on Top Player for a whole season, does it get way too easy? Remember, I’m using default assists and no power gauge to keep shooting a bit more interesting.

I´m playing TP since the last 6 or 7 matches of my first season. I´m now at the second half of season 2, with Twente. Currently sitting on 3rd place, 10 points behind the 2nd, and 1 point ahead of 4th. I brought some really old players on loan, but really good ones, like Jonas, Robben and Ribery. It might not seem realistic but I really don´t botter about that. Just to say that good players do make the game easier, but not that much. I still loose matches, derbys are still hard, and some teams are very defensive so it´s hard to break their defence.

The game has its way to balance things out, and I´m actually loving TP because it still gives me a challenge, but doesn´t rape me like SS does. I feel way more individuality on TP, stats seem to matter, and I still have to sub some players and adapt my defensive/attacking level throughout the matches. For half a season, it´s been perfect for me.

One thing that I´ve been fucking enjoying is the fact that I have to make my choices. I have this guy, Moscardeli, with the Super Sub trait. I bring him on almost every match afer the 65´mark, and he scores on 90% of my matches. I´ve won some hard matches because of him. So I thougth, why not play this guy from the beginning? Well, I tried it. CPU defence was sharp on the start, like it should be, and later in the match, Moscardeli was so damn tired, he couldn´t do anything, as his stamina is one of his weak points. So this is kind of some former Pizzi on Barcelona. He´s just good when the defence is tired, and it´s a beauty to see him play, getting to every single ball before anyone else, and with a tremendous accuracy. He´s the right guy to break those tight matches.

I´m playing TP since the last 6 or 7 matches of my first season. I´m now at the second half of season 2, with Twente. Currently sitting on 3rd place, 10 points behind the 2nd, and 1 point ahead of 4th. I brought some really old players on loan, but really good ones, like Jonas, Robben and Ribery. It might not seem realistic but I really don´t botter about that. Just to say that good players do make the game easier, but not that much. I still loose matches, derbys are still hard, and some teams are very defensive so it´s hard to break their defence.

The game has its way to balance things out, and I´m actually loving TP because it still gives me a challenge, but doesn´t rape me like SS does. I feel way more individuality on TP, stats seem to matter, and I still have to sub some players and adapt my defensive/attacking level throughout the matches. For half a season, it´s been perfect for me.

One thing that I´ve been fucking enjoying is the fact that I have to make my choices. I have this guy, Moscardeli, with the Super Sub trait. I bring him on almost every match afer the 65´mark, and he scores on 90% of my matches. I´ve won some hard matches because of him. So I thougth, why not play this guy from the beginning? Well, I tried it. CPU defence was sharp on the start, like it should be, and later in the match, Moscardeli was so damn tired, he couldn´t do anything, as his stamina is one of his weak points. So this is kind of some former Pizzi on Barcelona. He´s just good when the defence is tired, and it´s a beauty to see him play, getting to every single ball before anyone else, and with a tremendous accuracy. He´s the right guy to break those tight matches.
Thanks for the reply mate. PES Universe option file V2 drops this week apparently. I’m going to install that and start a new ML on Top Player and see where I finish the season.

For me personally, I find 1.2 quite possibly the most frustrating football game I've ever played but when I switch back to 1.0 I'm almost in football gaming heaven. How can the same game feel so very different after just 1 update.
I really want to like & enjoy the game with everything in place like kits & transfers but it's such a damn chore to play. It feels completely broken at times. I like some of the tougher A.i and there's definitely more error but I'm constantly wrestling for control of so many things that just feel off. The game flow just isn't there for me.

SS in master league absolutely shits on you in the second half of the season. AI wins every ball, every tackle, every 1 v 1

To revert back to 1.0 is it simple case of deleting all the data?
I save my ML and system data to an usb stick (for safety reasons) and delete them from system storage. then deinstall all game data from system storage and eject the disc. Then I insert the disc, stop the (automatically started) 1.2 update and let it install from disc. I have the 1.0 saves on another usb stick. Copying them over avoids having to setup controller and stuff again...
Start the game, click away some messages that state “can’t connect to alter the game” ( ;) ) and enjoy!!
:BYE:

Last edited:
I read about this in PES-chronicles comment section too. How do the smaller clubs play in Legandary?
i would say around 60-70% of the time the smaller clubs play like they should unfortunately the game has its ugly moments which has been around for years but i can tolerate it for a year, helps having two years off from playing this game too, but i do feel legendary to be alot more playable than previous years

if you find tp too easy and ss too scripted in ml
maybe you can try legend, not that scripted as ss but definitely challenging

Thank you for this, chief. What a difference, indeed. The space you have, how you can break away again. It’s so much more ‘natural‘. Lovely.

Exactly!
Keywords: space, more lifelike, unpredictable, break away...

I save my ML and system data to an usb stick (for safety reasons) and delete them from system storage. then deinstall all game data from system storage and eject the disc. Then I insert the disc, stop the (automatically started) 1.2 update and let it install from disc. I have the 1.0 saves on another usb stick. Copying them over avoids having to setup controller and stuff again...
Start the game, click away some messages that state “can’t connect to alter the game” ( ;) ) and enjoy!!

Great stuff! Thank you.
Do I have to import the option file again in game?

Did you always play 1.0? Sorry I haven't been following for a while.

you should give it a go bud, not extremely scripted as it has been in the past, not that iv experienced yet, play 20 games in a season so far
Sounds good - I wonder why Konami make SS harder then? It doesn’t make sense to me.

Are you using default assists etc I take it? Do you find SS too hard?

Sounds good - I wonder why Konami make SS harder then? It doesn’t make sense to me.

Are you using default assists etc I take it? Do you find SS too hard?
Cant speak about 20, but if its like 19, it was also more enjoyable than SS.
The way it worked was that AI was more bloodthirsty. There was a lot of pressure, constantly. But they still played nice build up and made mistakes.
On SS they let you "breathe" more on the ball, but they are more "scripted" on attacking, passing and finishing.
Thats how it was on 19.

Just wondered, last year there were ps plus rewards every month for myclub. Does anyone know if that is going to continue for 2020 this year?

Back
Top Bottom