eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

what a fun game!

Beautiful first goal from Miranda! What difficulty level was that game on? I'm playing Professional myself and it goes from walk in the park 5-1 win to hard fought 0-2 loss. I'm probably winning a little too much, since I'm top of the league with 3 points to number two, and should probably up the difficulty level to Top Player, but I'm just having too much fun :EMB: Don't want to mess with a good thing right now.

I'm playing my ML with the PES United team as well and it's a lot of fun! Very nostalgic :LOVE: Only thing that annoys me is that most players have a 1 year contract when I start the ML which means they a lot of them are leaving the team after the first half of the season. Not too big a deal I guess since I want to replace a lot of them but it does stress me a little bit, knowing that I have to find replacements for 8-10 players yet I can only hold negotiations with 5 players at a time, meaning that my January transfer window will be very tight! Anyone else having this issue with their ML?

Beautiful first goal from Miranda! What difficulty level was that game on? I'm playing Professional myself and it goes from walk in the park 5-1 win to hard fought 0-2 loss. I'm probably winning a little too much, since I'm top of the league with 3 points to number two, and should probably up the difficulty level to Top Player, but I'm just having too much fun :EMB: Don't want to mess with a good thing right now.

I'm playing my ML with the PES United team as well and it's a lot of fun! Very nostalgic :LOVE: Only thing that annoys me is that most players have a 1 year contract when I start the ML which means they a lot of them are leaving the team after the first half of the season. Not too big a deal I guess since I want to replace a lot of them but it does stress me a little bit, knowing that I have to find replacements for 8-10 players yet I can only hold negotiations with 5 players at a time, meaning that my January transfer window will be very tight! Anyone else having this issue with their ML?

I would re-negotiate most of your players for at least another season. Most of them you should be able to even reduce their wage a little if you do it straight away (before you raise their rep by playing well ;)). Just for the sake of team spirit, if not anything else, you can't really afford to make wholesale team changes all at once.

I would re-negotiate most of your players for at least another season. Most of them you should be able to even reduce their wage a little if you do it straight away (before you raise their rep by playing well ;)). Just for the sake of team spirit, if not anything else, you can't really afford to make wholesale team changes all at once.

Thanks for the tip! It's a little late now, since I've already sold off a lot of them - but I have since been thinking that my Team Spirit will be taking a big hit. Oh well, guess that's another way of increasing the difficulty without having to bump it up to Top Player :))

So just finished with the Jan transfer Window playing as AS ROMA, signed pavon from boca junior and man united came in with an offer fir 70 MIL for El sherawy. Think the transfers have been much improved then previous years. Also turning fluid formation off has really changed the way the AI plays against me. Every match was the same, until I made these changes enjoying it somuch more now

Every time I play this pile of nonsense now I cannot get over how broken it is.

I just had a goal chopped off for absolutely no reason. Watched the replay over and over and apparently it was a foul, I still can’t see where.

Constantly battling against controls which simply do not work. Super cancel is a distant memory.

[Edited to remove insult by mod, user warned.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Still enjoying this game on professional difficulty.
Got a bit tired of only doing exhibition games, so started a competition.
Serie A, me being Hellas Verona, i did not want to play as a big team.

There is a bit of variation between the teams, but not enough. AS Roma overwhelmed me but i managed to get a sneaky 1-2 win.
But then i had to play against Juve, who were the nr 1 in the league (me n2 after 4 games).
I beat them easily....3-0. Ronaldo was invisible, and Juve was not dangerous.
I should be fighting for dear life against a big team like this, but i was in control all game.

Is this better in the next level? (don't even know what it's called since i never played above professional level).
I really want my team rating to matter in this.

That makes me feel bad because i have much more trouble against bigger teams, in every aspect. Maybe if my finishing was more clinical it would be easier but as it stand i need on avarage at least 5 chances to score. Do you play full manual?

Thanks, I am playing on professional too and that was probably my easiest game so far (I am 25 games in I think), usually they are close. I am in fourth place but far behind first and second. But I am hoping to get promoted, so if I do I will see what Serie A is like and hopefully it's significantly more difficult. I don't think top player is a good idea right now - I played it in versus mode and scored only like two goals in six or seven games! I might start putting difficulty to top player only for teams like Juventus or Napoli next season, because I thought it was too easy to play them. I knocked out Juve, Bologna and Fiorentina in the cup without too much trouble. That's weird!

Indeed! I didn't even play old school PES, but I'm loving it! Those guys feel legendary. I think you can re-sign them still. I had maybe six or so that had 1-year deals and I got them to re-sign easily. Only Fouque was being difficult, so I benched him. For good. He played 13 minutes so far :LOL:

I'm currently finishing the J-league, normally be done in one or two days fully....
Stats will be from last year based overall, just have dowgraded a bit Iniesta and Podolski. Better to wait october official Pesmobile release... Too much work otherwhise, but it's looking good like this don't worry.

ooooh yeah!
:BOUNCE:

I had this far-fetched crazy idea about Miura, but it's probably totally unrealistic. I will send it in PM.

That makes me feel bad because i have much more trouble against bigger teams, in every aspect. Maybe if my finishing was more clinical it would be easier but as it stand i need on avarage at least 5 chances to score. Do you play full manual?

Nope, play on pa1. Nothing manual here.

I played online divisions last time and chose Everton, after selecting the option it performed the live update and found me a match.

On the team selection screen I looked at form. Andre Gomez and Mgabin were both straight downward arrows as I would expect as both injured and out of the game in real life and everything else looked realistic compared with the current bad run of form they're having.

So I selected my team and played. After the game (Without coming out of online divisions) I hit matchmaking for another game. When I got to the team selection screen the ratings had completely changed not reflecting any live form at all. For instance, both Gomez and Mgabin were no long downward arrows and sitting in a C state (side arrow) meaning they were available for selection without any bad form.

Is this a bug, I don't see the point in applying a live update if they all change after a game and suddenly players on long term injuries currently aren't injured any more.

I wonder if I had of exited online divisions after the first game then re-entered it would have applied the correct form again?

Thanks for the tip! It's a little late now, since I've already sold off a lot of them - but I have since been thinking that my Team Spirit will be taking a big hit. Oh well, guess that's another way of increasing the difficulty without having to bump it up to Top Player :))

Well, another way to help keep your TS higher is I've found that your own youth players tend to impact your TS less. The other option is that there's a couple of team roles which boost TS (especially if you have a 'Smart Player' for your captain). So you could even recruit for players that can help like that. The ML defaults team (modern, or classic ;) ) tends to be bad enough that almost any player is an improvement (except for a couple), but TS is so important these days!

Well, another way to help keep your TS higher is I've found that your own youth players tend to impact your TS less. The other option is that there's a couple of team roles which boost TS (especially if you have a 'Smart Player' for your captain). So you could even recruit for players that can help like that. The ML defaults team (modern, or classic ;) ) tends to be bad enough that almost any player is an improvement (except for a couple), but TS is so important these days!

Even more great tips! I had actually made sure to search for players with the Team Player role so as to boost TS as much as possible.

But the whole TS thing is a little weird... In the first 3-4 games of the season my players were playing great. Even though TS was below 60. Now, about 20 games later, my TS is around 70 but I’m having a much harder time creating chances... honestly, it makes it hard to judge how much impact TS really has when there are so many other factors at play...

Still enjoying this game on professional difficulty.
Got a bit tired of only doing exhibition games, so started a competition.
Serie A, me being Hellas Verona, i did not want to play as a big team.

There is a bit of variation between the teams, but not enough. AS Roma overwhelmed me but i managed to get a sneaky 1-2 win.
But then i had to play against Juve, who were the nr 1 in the league (me n2 after 4 games).
I beat them easily....3-0. Ronaldo was invisible, and Juve was not dangerous.
I should be fighting for dear life against a big team like this, but i was in control all game.

Is this better in the next level? (don't even know what it's called since i never played above professional level).
I really want my team rating to matter in this.

I find it to be pretty random. I've played a Spanish league on Top Player as Betis and my encounters with Barca quite easy to dominate and win.
But against Atletico, joint leaders with Barca, it was much harder, probably because they are much more defensively setup. Think I lot one and drew one against them.
Against Real Madrid it was basically one hard and one easy, the easy one being the away game.

I think it's definately an issue that the best teams are not that hard at all.

I find it to be pretty random. I've played a Spanish league on Top Player as Betis and my encounters with Barca quite easy to dominate and win.
But against Atletico, joint leaders with Barca, it was much harder, probably because they are much more defensively setup. Think I lot one and drew one against them.
Against Real Madrid it was basically one hard and one easy, the easy one being the away game.

I think it's definitely an issue that the best teams are not that hard at all.
I think it is like this since the DEMo, when many people reported BARCA was the easiest team among those of the DEMO. What i see after half a season in ML, TOPPLAYER, 10 minutes , is that teams that are defensive oriented are too tough to get them, no matter the team ratings. Teams that are offensive oriented , are more vulnerable. It is like the CPU AI can play flawless defense but mediocre attack. That's why i had in my campaign more 0-0 or 1-1 draws, then wins with 1-0 and last the defeats.
By now i have 6W-9D-3L.

It is like the CPU AI can play flawless defense but mediocre attack

Common problem of the last years. It's also that the defensive teams tend to play a lot of long balls this season, which are quite easy to defend (though I much prefer them over the laser ground passes they played last season).

On higher levels the difference in quality of individual players also becomes more and more obsolete, which can make a match against Extremadura, sitting in the lower half of the roster, feel more challenging than playing against 2nd placed Rayo.

And I am also having these 1-goal draughts, mostly around the middle of the season. So annoying. That said, got now comfortably promoted to La Liga with 34 wins and only 2 defeats, though on Professional. Game feels best on Professional, but it's a bit too easy, no doubt. Hate the idea of having to go to TP.

YOu can always exploit your TS, signing TEAM-PLAYERS, or sign as loan a 'SMARTPLAYER" or "PLAYMAKER" and assign him as the captain. For me it went from 60TS to 80TS instantly. Some easy signings of such a teamrole are: Giuliano, Srna, Glushakov, Lassana Diara etc..

@MadmaxG79 plus the very "cheap trick", works better when you can't renew someone. You release him today free, and you sign him as a free agent tomorrow, with lower salary and longer contract!! :P

Haha, just signed him yesterday for my Malaga team. 38, old giezer, but only cost me 500k. Didn't even realize he was a TS booster. Thanks for the tip.
Only notice here. I am not sure if he has the role when he starts as free agent. In my ML he started in a club, as i assigned him to a club of retired players, to drain the free agents pool. If he does not have a role , or he has Team Player lv.2 or 3, you must play him some time to gain the new role.

Guys that play 1.0v: Which source did you use to update all the transfers? Did you use trasfermarkt website or something else?

Thanks, I am playing on professional too and that was probably my easiest game so far (I am 25 games in I think), usually they are close. I am in fourth place but far behind first and second. But I am hoping to get promoted, so if I do I will see what Serie A is like and hopefully it's significantly more difficult. I don't think top player is a good idea right now - I played it in versus mode and scored only like two goals in six or seven games! I might start putting difficulty to top player only for teams like Juventus or Napoli next season, because I thought it was too easy to play them. I knocked out Juve, Bologna and Fiorentina in the cup without too much trouble. That's weird!

Indeed! I didn't even play old school PES, but I'm loving it! Those guys feel legendary. I think you can re-sign them still. I had maybe six or so that had 1-year deals and I got them to re-sign easily. Only Fouque was being difficult, so I benched him. For good. He played 13 minutes so far :LOL:

Looks brilliant. And the players seem so slow in comparison to other videos (unless you are playing on -1,-2?)
This year they seem to have brought back the individuality of players and speed which is very refreshing.
And no more PES speed tests where everyone has the same pace.

I played online divisions last time and chose Everton, after selecting the option it performed the live update and found me a match.

On the team selection screen I looked at form. Andre Gomez and Mgabin were both straight downward arrows as I would expect as both injured and out of the game in real life and everything else looked realistic compared with the current bad run of form they're having.

So I selected my team and played. After the game (Without coming out of online divisions) I hit matchmaking for another game. When I got to the team selection screen the ratings had completely changed not reflecting any live form at all. For instance, both Gomez and Mgabin were no long downward arrows and sitting in a C state (side arrow) meaning they were available for selection without any bad form.

Is this a bug, I don't see the point in applying a live update if they all change after a game and suddenly players on long term injuries currently aren't injured any more.

I wonder if I had of exited online divisions after the first game then re-entered it would have applied the correct form again?
Form arrows are random, the live updates only influence the probabilities of each form arrow. Injured players always have neutral live form C.

Damn!

I was playing an ML trying out different gameplay mods which all have been great, thx to our modders on here.

But since they found a way to get the unpatched vanilla version on PC as well...you know...1.0 the demolike version....
it´s the best gameplay ever!

The ball physics is so separate from the players, that even AI is out in it´s estimation where the ball goes.
There are animations I haven´t seen since the demo.
Plus....when I perform a cross and there is an opponent defender, he jumps up to head the ball away, but doesn´t jump high enough or too late or whatever, but still jumps up but misses the ball...that looks extra life-like and is nice, cause the best defenders make mistakes as well.
You hardly (or maybe never) see that in the updated version.

And inertia kicks in a lot more intense. I was playing almost two ML seasons (with the updated version) and hardly ever had the need to sub my players.
Now, on vanilla I had an FA cup match and my players where exhausted and the best thing: I saw it in the animations...when my player tried to sprint, he wouldn´t go full speed and does a little stumble within.....so great!

How come they are screwing up their own gameplay???

Looks brilliant. And the players seem so slow in comparison to other videos (unless you are playing on -1,-2?)
This year they seem to have brought back the individuality of players and speed which is very refreshing.
And no more PES speed tests where everyone has the same pace.
Oh yeah it felt totally awesome this game, so i decided to share it. But not every game is this great, but mostly very good. Speed is -1 in my ML (by accident), usually I play 0, but by the time I realized, I decided to just finish the season like this. I didnt notice at first because it varies a lot on both settings I played. Some games are faster than others.

And very true about the individuality! Especially speed, crossing, moves, and ball control. Ronaldinho feels way better than everyone else, even though it's the modern-day version. He is the only one who has a very good chance of doing dribbling moves successfully, almost like in the demo. And my character moves like a huge goofy tortoise, just like he should :DD And the ball often bounces off him like a tree :LMAO:

Hugely enjoying playing the ai. This is by far the best ai in a football game for a long time. If you make sure deep defensive line isn't on then every match is difference. Also the weather conditions also add to the variety.

Form arrows are random, the live updates only influence the probabilities of each form arrow. Injured players always have neutral live form C.

Thanks for the explaination. I actually don't see the point of them then, a live update should be exactly that. The arrow's appear to change drastically (Some completely opposite) demonstrating that the live update is tosh really. Not sure why it's applied if it isn't taken as is.

Damn!

I was playing an ML trying out different gameplay mods which all have been great, thx to our modders on here.

But since they found a way to get the unpatched vanilla version on PC as well...you know...1.0 the demolike version....

The ball physics is so separate from the players, that even AI is out in it´s estimation where the ball goes.
Plus....when I perform a cross and there is an opponent defender, he jumps up to head the ball away, but doesn´t jump high enough or too late or whatever, but still jumps up but misses the ball...that looks extra life-like and is nice, cause the best defenders make mistakes as well.

And inertia kicks in a lot more intense. I was playing almost two ML seasons (with the updated version) and hardly ever had the need to sub my players.
Now, on vanilla I had an FA cup match and my players where exhausted and the best thing: I saw it in the animations...when my player tried to sprint, he wouldn´t go full speed and does a little stumble within.....so great!

Where do you get the vanilla 1.0 version and is it compatible with live updates?

Last edited:
Damn!

defenders Miss timed headers happen on 1.2 and defenders make mistakes but flip side is I don't want constant mistakes I want them when I apply the right amount of preesure. Sometimes this whole debate reads as though the ball is stuck to the AIs foot on 1.2 and it couldn't be furthet from reality

it´s the best gameplay ever!.......

just to understand correctly - PC guys managed to get the demo back but they have not got access to PES 2020 v1.0. Correct?

Back
Top Bottom