eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I'm doing a league with fuma superstar and struggling as liverpool. Really enjoying it though only managed 2 wins 1 draw and 4 defeats, 2 of the defeats were down to me making bad GK errors rushing out. I did drop down to top level but it's too easy. Beat napoli 3 nil away and they only had 1 shot on target and there was a lot more space. Gone back up now. I also think the acclumalated fatigue is killing my players

I'm loving the fatigue this year, you actually need a squad unlike in past PES games where in all honesty you would have been fine with just a first 11 and a few subs.

On the same sort of lines I would like to see a bit more on the injury front. I've seen players pull up injured when on zero stamina and I've seen players injured from impacts which is good. However I'd like to see the injury resistance stat used more. Players with poor injury resistance should be able to pull up with injuries without the need for their stamina to fully deplete, it would add an extra tactical element to the game too as playing the injury prone striker mid week as well as on the weekend for the league would be a gamble.

It would also add an extra element to transfers if done right. Do you buy the 75 rated guy who's a higher injury risk or do you get the 70 guy who's not quite as good but he's a lot more likely to manage a 40+ game season where the games come thick and fast.

I guess a compromise option could be to add it as an option at the start of master league with the low - high option and those who want a more realistic/challenging amount of injuries can set it on high and those who don't want their best players injured ever can set it on low.

I'm doing a league with fuma superstar and struggling as liverpool. Really enjoying it though only managed 2 wins 1 draw and 4 defeats, 2 of the defeats were down to me making bad GK errors rushing out. I did drop down to top level but it's too easy. Beat napoli 3 nil away and they only had 1 shot on target and there was a lot more space. Gone back up now. I also think the acclumalated fatigue is killing my players

Another run of four games today. Started to get a bit worried after 0-0, 0-0, 0-0 (Livingston, Borussia Dortmund, Celtic) but ultimately the games were tense and competitive. And varied. I battered Livingston, Dortmund battered me, and Celtic was very even. Although attritional, I've been crying out for a football game that makes me probe and be patient as opposed to the blindfolded strolls in the last few years. I did go on to bear Kilmarnock 3-1 in my fourth game. I kind of hope I don't 'crack' Superstar, but for now I'm liking being challenged.

Think I've discovered what my issue is on superstar league. Started league again Lost to Chelsea in Europa Cup 2 nil but could have been 6 after 20 mins. All my players felt all over the place. Next game I turned off klashmans fluid formation for Liverpool (me) and it was instantly more balanced, beat city in charity sheild 2-1 and had a pen too

Quick questions. Apologies if this has bee answered recently or repeatedly.

I've heard you can turn off regens in ML.

If you do that, what happens in terms of new young players coming through? Is there a secret database of players is it randomised players added or does nothing happen and the population of the world just dries up ?

Cheers :)

No you can't turn off regens. Whoever started that rumour was evil!!

Can anyone please tell me how my club divisions work please? I've seen on you tube vids people playing this on pes 2020 nd showing a graph telling how many games/pts needed to move up division similar to online divisions outside of my club but I cannot find this. I can only see my group pts and end of week rewards.

Wow, cup games within leagues (and by extension ML I guess) are even more messed up than usual.

First off, the Copa del Rey in real life changed format this year to NOT have home and away matches, but did Konami notice? You guessed it...

Then, as usual, home and away matches in Konami's world are played just after each other. No league matches in between.

And to top it all off, Konami can't even implement away goals rule correct this year, so instead of me losing in the final minute at home when the opponent made it 1-1, after playing 0-0 away, we went to penalties. (Unless I missed something and away goals rule is actually annulled in extra time but I highly doubt it).
Can't really enjoy the fact that I'm now in the final after that shootout...

Besides all that I still enjoy the game though, and play on newest version, top player with PA1 and basic shooting.
I think most games have a nice amount of randomness to it and physicality, fouls and dribbling are pretty spot on to me.

But my word they need to up their game on the off the pitch stuff, even simple things like having to go through several button taps just to see the freaking league table:DOH:

Edit: and oh yeah, winter in Konami's world apparently lasts from october to march, even in Spain:RANT:

Last edited:
Thanks! Noticed 3 or 4 errors while recopying :JAY: One player with 40 in Stamina, the others i forgot to put the GK and stamina still to 80... There's few players, so you may found them with a research, correct them with Pesmaster.
My PES 2019 is practically fully remade, so many corrections that i can't count them.
I will try to reproduce it with our team on PES 2020, but for now on the goal of the "boss" is to complete the whole fakes teams slots, and then polishing... That's not the way i'm doing things but well people wants to play ML with real teams ASAP. Polishing will came after.

About Asia section, i've noticed there's practically 8 to 9 fakes teams participating on AFC on Master League... And having 9 Japanese teams is not really realistic, i wanted to create 6 best J2 teams for the remaining PAS clubs, but i think there will be 2 J2 teams in more (promoted), and 4 others Asia.

Yeah still great members on PESteam, probably new ones too, didn't checked their work, neither the others guys in my team for now on.
We got also a great facemaker, Gronkoglan, he will do Crvena.
Thiago, you mean ThiagoPES? Well, his faces doesn't looks bad from the front... But take a look from the side face part: they're a very "distorted", chin or nose too long etc.
It's sad because he's talented, but looks he forgot to make a player rotation to check if everything is right when editing faces.
Tryied to tell him but he didn't understand well in english.

About sharing concept, yes, but we can't really share exports, except if some guys allow us to do it.

Siuming also plans to do HK league like each year, and compatible with Pesuniverse, also helping me with AFC of course.

I know what you mean that people like to get rid of the fake teams first. I personally prefer quality over speed, but you know, the needs of the many.

Do you know when approximately your J-League will come? I am hoping you do end up making some J2 teams at some point, especially Yokohama or maybe copy them from PES 2019? But in any case whatever you release, I will be happy. :DD

Haha yeah it's hard to get the dimensions and the face right from all angles, especially with limited photos. I'll try to tell him subtly :THINK: but he may not have the time for a very detailed focus because, again, people want the Brazilian updates fast and now we have two divisions.

Great news about Siuming :TU:

Quick questions. Apologies if this has bee answered recently or repeatedly.

I've heard you can turn off regens in ML.

If you do that, what happens in terms of new young players coming through? Is there a secret database of players is it randomised players added or does nothing happen and the population of the world just dries up ?

Cheers :)
No you cannot.
No you can't turn off regens. Whoever started that rumor was evil!!
This rumor is really a pre-internet era fashioned rumor. It really goes me back to my childhood, when a friend of mine told me a “cheat code” about, can’t remember, ISS or NBA jam or MK!!!! on SNES. He told us to press all buttons simultaneously and make circles with the D-pad. Don’t remember what it was supposed to unlock but o didn’t achieve anything,except for skip to the next screen!!!! :P :P

Last edited:
Okay guys, got an honest ML question...

I’m in my first year with Fulham in the sky bet championship. Currently sitting in 1st on last day of January transfer window.

As timer is ticking down, Bundesliga Freiburg offer 41M for Alex mitrovic (79 rating). I renegotiate and get it up to 54m and accept transfer.

I now have 98M in transfer budget and go get Gabriel Jesus paying release clause of 67M, sign him for 3 years/3.6M with goal and game bonus. He accepts offer.

I tested this on normal, fairly hard and hard negotiation settings. Normal and fairly hard went through the same and the only difference with had was Freiburg would only pay 50M for transfer.

Is this fair? Something isn’t sitting right with me. I created a backup save where I don’t accept deal but wanted to get your guys thoughts?

Just randomly won a master league game 9-2 on top player.

Starting to enjoy the game now. Am getting used to the physicality of the AI but still wish it was toned down.

Aside from this, the main thing that is annoying me now is the through ball command being absolute dog shit. Lost count of the number of goal scoring opportunities that have been ruined by the games inability to let me play a very simple through ball to a man running into space. It seems like the game is scripting to make me misplace it as a means of keeping scoreline close.

Wow, cup games within leagues (and by extension ML I guess) are even more messed up than usual.

First off, the Copa del Rey in real life changed format this year to NOT have home and away matches, but did Konami notice? You guessed it...

Then, as usual, home and away matches in Konami's world are played just after each other. No league matches in between.

And to top it all off, Konami can't even implement away goals rule correct this year, so instead of me losing in the final minute at home when the opponent made it 1-1, after playing 0-0 away, we went to penalties. (Unless I missed something and away goals rule is actually annulled in extra time but I highly doubt it).
Can't really enjoy the fact that I'm now in the final after that shootout...

Besides all that I still enjoy the game though, and play on newest version, top player with PA1 and basic shooting.
I think most games have a nice amount of randomness to it and physicality, fouls and dribbling are pretty spot on to me.

But my word they need to up their game on the off the pitch stuff, even simple things like having to go through several button taps just to see the freaking league table:DOH:

Edit: and oh yeah, winter in Konami's world apparently lasts from october to march, even in Spain:RANT:
Which cup though?

Just randomly won a master league game 9-2 on top player.

Starting to enjoy the game now. Am getting used to the physicality of the AI but still wish it was toned down.

Aside from this, the main thing that is annoying me now is the through ball command being absolute dog shit. Lost count of the number of goal scoring opportunities that have been ruined by the games inability to let me play a very simple through ball to a man running into space. It seems like the game is scripting to make me misplace it as a means of keeping scoreline close.
wow. i had a similar thing a couple of days ago: 1:0, 1:2, 0:0, 1:0, 0:0, 1:0, 1:1, 0:1, BOOM - 5:3!

First off, the Copa del Rey in real life changed format this year to NOT have home and away matches, but did Konami notice? You guessed it...:RANT:

I just wish they'd pick either the League Cup or FA Cup for the English league instead of that shitty hybrid thing played at neutral grounds.

I just wish they'd pick either the League Cup or FA Cup for the English league instead of that shitty hybrid thing played at neutral grounds.

Yeah I've never played the English league much but it's annoying they can't get these little tings right. As you say, why don't they just choose the FA cup format?
Also, they don't even get the order of games right which is ok for ML I guess, but in league mode you wanna play that particular (the current) season as there's no transfers and it's sort of ment to only be that one season (even though it's possible to continue to the next).

Edit: I'm not even sure of the FA cup format. Is it one legged ties with the lowest ranked team having home field advantage until the semis where it's two legged ties? Or do they have a draw to select home field?

Last edited:
I wonder how much it costs Konami to purchase the licenses for the ‘smaller’ leagues like the Swiss league etc?

Because if I was head of PES, I would scrap all of that. I would have just a few European leagues, a few South American and a few, I dunno, Japanese leagues or something. ALL of them fake, I wouldn’t pay a dime for a license. I know the community could edit kits etc on PS4 and PC.

With all of that saved cash and time I would include a stadium creator so the community could make all of the correct grounds for every team. I would also use that saved cash and employ a few guys to get loads of new crowd chants and atmospheres and make them available on the edit screen to assign to a club of your choice.

All of these leagues we’ve got yet there’s hardly anything different between them apart from the teams you can use. OK, the SPL has Celtic Park and Ibrox but the rest of the time you’re playing at Rose Park.

Then you’ve got the Swiss or whatever leagues and you could be playing in the England League or wherever because it’s just the players/teams that are different, literally everything else is the same.

It boggles the mind some of the decisions (or lack of decisions) that the PES management and developers make.

Again, you’ve got all of these ‘licensed’ leagues but they’re pointless. Just give me 6 leagues in total and a fully customisable game and I’d prefer that any day.

Will probably work together for tactics later.
Also, i'm a bit tired of those weekly rosters live update, instead of having the most used players, formations, tactics on each teams.

I hate it too. I get it, but I miss the customization ability from older versions.

I need one between top player and superstar. And then another one between that for later.

The thing is that I'm good at keeping the ball and passing it. If I want to, I can have the ball more than City which "any" team on superstar. On legendary I can't but I find it too difficult to get a nice balance as someone said earlier (80/20 chance I will win against a weaker team and viceversa).

Yeah I've never played the English league much but it's annoying they can't get these little tings right. As you say, why don't they just choose the FA cup format?
Also, they don't even get the order of games right which is ok for ML I guess, but in league mode you wanna play that particular (the current) season as there's no transfers and it's sort of ment to only be that one season (even though it's possible to continue to the next).

Edit: I'm not even sure of the FA cup format. Is it one legged ties with the lowest ranked team having home field advantage until the semis where it's two legged ties? Or do they have a draw to select home field?

Well, they couldn't 'copy' either format as there simply isn't enough English teams to completely fill either one. It feels like they'd made a compromise FA Cup-ish with the teams they have available.

Hi, I was a Fife player but now pes. I love my club but find it so frustrating online. It's slow, laggy and unplayable. I just couldn't believe how bad it was so thought I would just have to play offline.

Then... I tried online seasons. Wtf....it plays like a dream. I've played loads today and everyone has been buttery smooth and lag free.

What the he'll is happening with my club? Why does that play like a dog? I originally thought that konomi just hadn't invested in decent online infrastructure but the game is clearly capable of handling online matches fine so what the hell do they do with my club matches to make them unplayable?

So confusec

FA Cup is a draw to determine home team, drawn matches go to replays. Should be a very easy thing to replicate

In the Settings, I checked the version of PES2020 I'm running and it shows this:

yQC0V3j.jpg

So am I playing the "good version"? :PP

Anyways, I'm still enjoying this game. I'm currently playing in the Asian Cup with Japan. I've made it to the semi-finals against Australia. Drew 2-2 with Uzbekistan. Beat UAE 1-2. Drew 0-0 with New Zealand, to finish second place in my group. Beat Qatar 0-1 in the quarter-finals (scored an early goal and for the rest of the game, I was desperately holding on to the score. I got a chance to score a second, with a penalty, but shot it straight to the keeper :DOH:). Before I started the tournament, I was previously playing on Top Player (5 stars), but I found it too hard. So, I've moved down to Regular (3 stars) and I'm still finding it challenging! However, this is a good thing. It means, I've got three more difficulty levels to look forward to mastering. :)

I know what you mean that people like to get rid of the fake teams first. I personally prefer quality over speed, but you know, the needs of the many.

Do you know when approximately your J-League will come? I am hoping you do end up making some J2 teams at some point, especially Yokohama or maybe copy them from PES 2019? But in any case whatever you release, I will be happy. :DD

Haha yeah it's hard to get the dimensions and the face right from all angles, especially with limited photos. I'll try to tell him subtly :THINK: but he may not have the time for a very detailed focus because, again, people want the Brazilian updates fast and now we have two divisions.

Great news about Siuming :TU:

I'm currently finishing the J-league, normally be done in one or two days fully....
Stats will be from last year based overall, just have dowgraded a bit Iniesta and Podolski. Better to wait october official Pesmobile release... Too much work otherwhise, but it's looking good like this don't worry.

Well, Yokohama FC could be promoted: they're two points behind the second, but yeah i will end up to add 6 J2 league teams.
As i prefers using Konami's data, it's easier and they've got truely good editors.

About angle, he can "guess" approximatively by looking at the face pictures, or what i done it's to try to make the face looks more or less, let's says not too weird from the side, just for him looking human, that's a quite fast process.
You can devine from a front picture if his nose is a bit hooked or pointy, same from the chin, mouth deepness, same from eyerbrows... Well i'm talking like it's easy, but it's more with practice that you learn it, you don't especially needs talent for it.

Well, about J-league, that's Konami's faces, and perhaps 12-15 mines (ex-presets retouched a bit). But Dormtund and Union Berlin if you check the V1 of Pesuniverse are mine. Well, i've retouched a bit Gotze as he get holder so i didn't figured out what's wrong, but that was his hairline which is larger and his face higher.
Looks more accurate regarding accurate pics now.
Got the same thing last year with Rafael Marquez: i'm focused on actual pics and as he get older, he looks of course far different... Even if you have in your head his look when he was youth, playing at Barça.

Last edited:
In the Settings, I checked the version of PES2020 I'm running and it shows this:

yQC0V3j.jpg

Anyways, I'm still enjoying this game. I'm currently playing in the Asian Cup with Japan. I've made it to the semi-finals against Australia. Drew 2-2 with Uzbekistan. Beat UAE 1-2. Drew 0-0 with New Zealand, to finish second place in my group. Beat Qatar 0-1 in the quarter-finals (scored an early goal and for the rest of the game, I was desperately holding on to the score. I got a chance to score a second, with a penalty, but shot it straight to the keeper :DOH:). Before I started the tournament, I was previously playing on Top Player (5 stars), but I found it too hard. So, I've moved down to Regular (3 stars) and I'm still finding it challenging! However, this is a good thing. It means, I've got three more difficulty levels to look forward to mastering. :)
ur platying 1.2.1.01 equals 1.2/uninistall 1.2 and play 1.00...1.00 is the best.pause the 1.2 update while your installing 1.0 than once 1.0 is installed cancel 1.2. there u go

yQC0V3j.jpg

You are playing the latest one, with the latest live update installed. 2019092661= 26/09/2019! (* don't know what -No61- means *) ;)
Dont know if you consider this version as the "good" one :P

You are playing the latest one, with the latest live update installed. 2019092661= 26/09/2019! (* don't know what -No61- means *) ;)
Dont know if you consider this version as the "good" one :P

It feels good to me. :))) There's still a bit of that looseness the demo had.

ur platying 1.2.1.01 equals 1.2/uninistall 1.2 and play 1.00...1.00 is the best.pause the 1.2 update while your installing 1.0 than once 1.0 is installed cancel 1.2. there u go

Thanks for the tip, cobra1616.

Still enjoying this game on professional difficulty.
Got a bit tired of only doing exhibition games, so started a competition.
Serie A, me being Hellas Verona, i did not want to play as a big team.

There is a bit of variation between the teams, but not enough. AS Roma overwhelmed me but i managed to get a sneaky 1-2 win.
But then i had to play against Juve, who were the nr 1 in the league (me n2 after 4 games).
I beat them easily....3-0. Ronaldo was invisible, and Juve was not dangerous.
I should be fighting for dear life against a big team like this, but i was in control all game.

Is this better in the next level? (don't even know what it's called since i never played above professional level).
I really want my team rating to matter in this.

Back
Top Bottom