eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

So fellas I havent bothered with pes for most of this generation, Im still playing 2018 on Ps3, I'll be switching to PS4 this week, is 2020 a good jumping in spot

So fellas I havent bothered with pes for most of this generation, Im still playing 2018 on Ps3, I'll be switching to PS4 this week, is 2020 a good jumping in spot

If you intend to play online, it’s probably the worst PES there has been. It is completely broken.

May I ask what patch you are using that has Freiburg in it? That they would pay 54 million for anyone is rather unrealistic by the way.

Patch 1.02. I thought the same thing, I tested it on normal, fairly hard and hard difficulty.

I may just play on hard difficulty if those are the kinda transfers we might get.

@PRO_TOO or anyone else who´s playing both versions (1.0 & 1.2).

Do you play ML and what difficulty? Professional?
How does AI attack on 1.0?
I like 1.0 a lot! On the ball it´s almost perfect.

But attacks of AI is the same stuff over and over again. Long ball to their CF and they hardly take any shot on my goal.
Even tried top player...it´s the same thing.
Don´t really wanna crank it up to superstar cause of the scripting (unless it´s different this year).

Does AI play the same way with you and if not: do you have any OF with edited tactics?

But attacks of AI is the same stuff over and over again. Long ball to their CF and they hardly take any shot on my goal.
Don´t really wanna crank it up to superstar cause of the scripting (unless it´s different this year).

Does AI play the same way with you and if not: do you have any OF with edited tactics?

It's so strange sometimes!

I play 1.0, Topplayer 15 min and I've never seen a more variably attacking cpu. I had to record a game and upload it. Can someone tell me how it works with the share button.

Edit.: Pesuniverse option file and noch tactics

I am playing Spain Ligue2 with Real Zaragoza on Top Player.
Why do the AI teams play so many long high balls up to the striker. Nearly every team does this.. Is this normal or a Spain Ligue 2 thing or is it my patch that needs changed? Think it is a pesfan option file i am using.

I'm a bit masochistic, so sticking with the game. I've conceded 3 goals in the last 4 matches which is good - but - each of them have been from the CPU's one free kick.

Anyone else noticing that?

I'm wondering if the patches will fix that.

I'm a bit masochistic, so sticking with the game. I've conceded 3 goals in the last 4 matches which is good - but - each of them have been from the CPU's one free kick.

not conceded one in over 15 games. The AI put them on target but it's mostly down to timing the jump of the wall at the correct time to block them

I've imported klashmans tactics and they are really good, I'm on 1.2 so installed them from USB in 1.0 you'd have to do them manually but I'd say worth the effort

not conceded one in over 15 games. The AI put them on target but it's mostly down to timing the jump of the wall at the correct time to block them
Unfortunately im getting battered from free kicks as well.. at the start I was like yourself, timing the wall jumps and all that. But last 3 games ended up with AI equalizing from free kick, which has a deflating effect when you work your balls off throughout the whole match and then they do this..
Would love them to get nerfed a bit, for both, user also. Altho i have Power Bar off, so im having enough of a challenge to score them.

Edit: I even considered learning how to save with the keeper myself, but dont even know which buttons to press... :LOL:

Unfortunately im getting battered from free kicks as well.. at the start I was like yourself, timing the wall jumps and all that. But last 3 games ended up with AI equalizing from free kick, which has a deflating effect when you work your balls off throughout the whole match and then they do this..
Would love them to get nerfed a bit, for both, user also. Altho i have Power Bar off, so im having enough of a challenge to score them.

Edit: I even considered learning how to save with the keeper myself, but dont even know which buttons to press... :LOL:

Makes you appreciate how simple and good free kicks were pre fox engine

In the first day, i got almost 3/4 goals conceded from free kicks. Since then it is not so often to be honest. Always on TopPlayer.

Quick question regarding Legend difficulty to those using it.. DO you feel it is less "cheaty" than superstar? Im looking for the AI to play smarter without just relying in turning a division 2 team into Barcelona. Lately Ive been bouncing off Pro, TP and Superstar and have an impression TP is a little cheaty
Did you find an answer for this? Interested to know myself, as I've heard it mentioned elsewhere...

Been enjoying PES 18 the last few weeks but that Serie A is very tempting, going to pick it up this Friday and see if can overlook the bland euro and cup competitions where myclub sponsor everything.

Damn!

I was playing an ML trying out different gameplay mods which all have been great, thx to our modders on here.

But since they found a way to get the unpatched vanilla version on PC as well...you know...1.0 the demolike version....
it´s the best gameplay ever!

The ball physics is so separate from the players, that even AI is out in it´s estimation where the ball goes.
There are animations I haven´t seen since the demo.
Plus....when I perform a cross and there is an opponent defender, he jumps up to head the ball away, but doesn´t jump high enough or too late or whatever, but still jumps up but misses the ball...that looks extra life-like and is nice, cause the best defenders make mistakes as well.
You hardly (or maybe never) see that in the updated version.

And inertia kicks in a lot more intense. I was playing almost two ML seasons (with the updated version) and hardly ever had the need to sub my players.
Now, on vanilla I had an FA cup match and my players where exhausted and the best thing: I saw it in the animations...when my player tried to sprint, he wouldn´t go full speed and does a little stumble within.....so great!

How come they are screwing up their own gameplay???
Agree with all of this. What I don't understand is why the player switching & reactions to loose balls regressed in the updated version. I don't have any problems with it on vanilla but when I play 1.2 it's just an utter mess for responsiveness across the board, including dribbling.
Why on earth would you make such important elements of the game worse after an update? They now have to fix these issues (which they've even admitted are there) that aren't present in the "out of the box" version.

It's absolutely unbelievable that they made the game worse by creating problems that weren't there in the first place. I'm struggling to understand what they were trying to achieve with 1.2.

So i started master league last night. Quite a infurating experience. No where as much fun as versus mode. The telepathtic AI really really grates on you even more so. I swear the AI goes up a notch as well as i was struggling v everyone with Lazio.

Agree with all of this. What I don't understand is why the player switching & reactions to loose balls regressed in the updated version. I don't have any problems with it on vanilla but when I play 1.2 it's just an utter mess for responsiveness across the board, including dribbling.
Why on earth would you make such important elements of the game worse after an update? They now have to fix these issues (which they've even admitted are there) that aren't present in the "out of the box" version.

It's absolutely unbelievable that they made the game worse by creating problems that weren't there in the first place. I'm struggling to understand what they were trying to achieve with 1.2.
Can i make a crazy guess. Maybe to tone down the fouls? Cause when the one of two ball challengers is not aware of where is the ball and moves opposite or makes back steps, less collisions are produced! Just a mad guess!!!! :)
Whatever faults they have done in the past, this time i believe trust them, that they tried to fan-service the feedback the received.

So i started master league last night. Quite a infurating experience. No where as much fun as versus mode. The telepathtic AI really really grates on you even more so. I swear the AI goes up a notch as well as i was struggling v everyone with Lazio.

As fas as i have played, and according to previous years experience the match freedom and fun goes Exhibition > Versus Mode > Single Cups/Leagues > Master League. The more the CPU has a purpose to win you cause of a scenario, the most rigid the flow goes.

Last edited:
As fas as i have played, and according to previous years experience the match freedom and fun goes Exhibition>Versus>Single Cups/Leagues/Master League. The more the CPU has a purpose to win you cause of a scenario, the most rigid the flow goes.
Yeah felt like a totally different game last night compared to my 80 or so Versus games. Saying that i was extremely hungover. Will have a better idea tomorrow night. It felt way more on rails and not as open flowy as Versus and Immobile who i have found amazing thus far was pretty hopeless.

Back
Top Bottom