eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

That’s it. I’m putting it down until they patch it. It’s infuriating. 8 draws in 10 ML games, only scored more than 1 once in those draws, all of which included an equaliser for the opposition in the last 10 minutes followed by them passing out the game.

Sick to the back teeth of the telepathic AI and it’s ability to know which direction you’re going, what you’re going to do and perfectly time a tackle, block or slide every single time. Not every shot in football is blocked unless there is nobody between shooter and goal. Not every pass forward is disrupted by a flailing limb. Players don’t blindly smash the ball into the nearest defender when there is plenty of room to pass around them. Occasionally fine, but 90-95% of the time? come on. Changes of direction with the ball sometimes happen to quickly for defenders, they don’t block/tackle every attempt to turn, cut inside or change direction when dribbling, they just don’t.

Bored of every through ball for a running striker (a rare one where the forward actually continues his run rather than randomly stopping as soon as you pass) who suddenly pauses while the CB who he was previously ahead of and is miles quicker than accelerates and just eases ahead and takes the ball away. And if you do get the ball, they catch you and just shove you off it, regardless of whatever combination of buttons you press, hold, waggle whatever and from any angle, without prejudice. Body between ball and defender? No worries, defender will just bulldoze through and over you.

Fed up of players not reacting to instructions.. first time pass? Nah, I’ll just run straight into the defender or attempt 3 touches that I don’t need as slowly as possible. Quick turn? If you’re a barge on a narrow canal maybe, in PES2020 your player wants 4m of clear space and 9 touches.. want to pass to the player in space to the left that isn’t offside? No chance, it’s going to the bloke to his right who is blatantly 5 yards off..

Fouls aren’t the problem, there are plenty, it’s what they’re for that drives me mad. Blatant body check running through on goal, nothing. Brush past the opposition DM and nip in front while taking the ball, free kick. Hacked down in the penalty area, that’s fine, cleanly win a header but land on your opponent, free kick... and on and on and on...

That’s before getting into the foibles of the ML and the transfer system etc. Still only 1 cup in England. Players always demanding release clauses for less than the purchase price, no contract over 3 years, having to ‘convince’ players this is the right move yet being unable to interact with them. I could go on but I’m done.

That’s it. I’m putting it down until they patch it. It’s infuriating. 8 draws in 10 ML games, only scored more than 1 once in those draws, all of which included an equaliser for the opposition in the last 10 minutes followed by them passing out the game.

Sick to the back teeth of the telepathic AI and it’s ability to know which direction you’re going, what you’re going to do and perfectly time a tackle, block or slide every single time. Not every shot in football is blocked unless there is nobody between shooter and goal. Not every pass forward is disrupted by a flailing limb. Players don’t blindly smash the ball into the nearest defender when there is plenty of room to pass around them. Occasionally fine, but 90-95% of the time? come on. Changes of direction with the ball sometimes happen to quickly for defenders, they don’t block/tackle every attempt to turn, cut inside or change direction when dribbling, they just don’t.

Bored of every through ball for a running striker (a rare one where the forward actually continues his run rather than randomly stopping as soon as you pass) who suddenly pauses while the CB who he was previously ahead of and is miles quicker than accelerates and just eases ahead and takes the ball away. And if you do get the ball, they catch you and just shove you off it, regardless of whatever combination of buttons you press, hold, waggle whatever and from any angle, without prejudice. Body between ball and defender? No worries, defender will just bulldoze through and over you.

Fed up of players not reacting to instructions.. first time pass? Nah, I’ll just run straight into the defender or attempt 3 touches that I don’t need as slowly as possible. Quick turn? If you’re a barge on a narrow canal maybe, in PES2020 your player wants 4m of clear space and 9 touches.. want to pass to the player in space to the left that isn’t offside? No chance, it’s going to the bloke to his right who is blatantly 5 yards off..

Fouls aren’t the problem, there are plenty, it’s what they’re for that drives me mad. Blatant body check running through on goal, nothing. Brush past the opposition DM and nip in front while taking the ball, free kick. Hacked down in the penalty area, that’s fine, cleanly win a header but land on your opponent, free kick... and on and on and on...

That’s before getting into the foibles of the ML and the transfer system etc. Still only 1 cup in England. Players always demanding release clauses for less than the purchase price, no contract over 3 years, having to ‘convince’ players this is the right move yet being unable to interact with them. I could go on but I’m done.

You need to revert back to vanilla..

totally agree it's hard but not cheaty hard. Anyway here's 3 games from my superstar league few losses and couple of wins.only goals here are freekicks from Salah
But auto faint is off and if you have time you can see how I win freekicks
What's you cam settings?

I would be interested to know on what mode you are playing, what difficulty level and who the defender was. As with Nkunku, if I'm out wide and double-dash, no defender has caught me yet. I'm fairly certain he's a fair deal slower (in the early to mid 80s) than Salah (ML - PA0 - TP), I can also do it with slower, less dribble-talented players against most defenders.

I have switched between PRO and TP on ML, just to see which i like more. PRO is too easy to score, but i dont always feel my fast players getting away clean. I over hit passes to try and initiate clear races but the AI always seem to catch up.

There is a size-tuner option slider in Kit creator, that you can fine your logo size. For transparent backgorund google "Fly emirates png" or similar key words.

Exactly. And if you find a logo (remember, look for png files) where there is to much space around the logo itself, just resize the frame of the png file using Paint 3D or paint.net.

However, this should look pretty 'fly' on a kit: https://www.pngguru.com/free-transparent-background-png-clipart-ezmhn
(pun intended)
@slamsoze This is what I was saying, in Pes Master itself I’d adjusted the slider all the way up to maximum size but it was still too small.

Thanks for providing that option @MadmaxG79 and a solid pun to go with it! I’ve never used paint.net, so I’ll have a look at that (I’m assuming it’s to remove the white background?)
And also, what exactly am I resizing the frame of the png to?

I've worked it out!! So...its when you adjust the camera in game. I remember you mentioning this...
So...I started the same game again, but didn't adjust stadium cam...as smooth as butter.

Worked it out after switching to broadcast and noticing how smooth it suddenly was ( this was during a game where I'd adjusted the camera to recreate the bernabeu tv cam angle and was getting ridiculous warping and passes going where I hadn't intended, and even delayed/queued button presses).
.after I restarted and didnt touch the camera, suddenly its smooth as silk and camera isnt glitching either...

This might be a pain in ML.

What amazing is how much the game was degrading. I'd gone a little cold on it.
Playing it now, wow, I'm off my seat again, ooh-ing and aah-ing again..
Haha right?! It was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen, it was like a team of Richard Keogh’s..
I do exactly like you though, try to adjust the camera to make it look like I’m actually at that stadium haha (we’re so cool). I can maybe train myself to stop doing that though if I’m getting smooth gameplay. Maybe.

Last time I checked, so far in the Prem the top dribbler was at 3 per game and that was Pepe who's playing upfront.

Messi averages around 4.

In light of that and the adjustments I've made to my dribbling, I don't think the game is far off at all. Fun? maybe not but it's close to being realistic.

Watching the early game now, 20 minutes in and nobody has beaten any opponent off a dribble.

Just more possible fuel to the fire that Konami may have changed something in the last few days...but it also might just be I've suddenly got a little better/luckier.

PS. It's posted in the game-play alteration thread but I have made zero game-play alterations.

New gameplay with dt18_all.cpk

@slamsoze This is what I was saying, in Pes Master itself I’d adjusted the slider all the way up to maximum size but it was still too small.

Thanks for providing that option @MadmaxG79 and a solid pun to go with it! I’ve never used paint.net, so I’ll have a look at that (I’m assuming it’s to remove the white background?)
And also, what exactly am I resizing the frame of the png to?
Yes I got it. This pngguru site @MadmaxG79 provided is awesome. There you will probably find a good one.
Without being sure, I assume that you found a Fly Emirates logo with large background? It has large spaces all around the word and the image borders.

In paint.net the most easy way , when the logo has a solid shape , or it has clear-continues borders, is to click on it with magic wand toll, cut it ,then erase all the whit background and then reposted the emblem.

I can check my archives and send you the fly emirates logos , which I worked on.

Yes I got it. This pngguru site @MadmaxG79 provided is awesome. There you will probably find a good one.
Without being sure, I assume that you found a Fly Emirates logo with large background? It has large spaces all around the word and the image borders.

In paint.net the most easy way , when the logo has a solid shape , or it has clear-continues borders, is to click on it with magic wand toll, cut it ,then erase all the whit background and then reposted the emblem.

I can check my archives and send you the fly emirates logos , which I worked on.
I would appreciate that mate, thanks.
Yeah I just googled “Fly emirates transparent logo” or something like that and just went through the different options. Different sizes, but the ones that fit were the ones with a white background (which I did not ask for, google!).
Also curious about whether you and Madmax pay for Pes Master? I thought no chance am I doing that, but it offers “design inspiration” or something and I’m wondering if that’s being able to “borrow” someone else’s design and work off that i.e. Someone who has already made a proper Arsenal kit with all the logos, that I can tweak. Any idea what it’s actually like?

Last time I checked, so far in the Prem the top dribbler was at 3 per game and that was Pepe who's playing upfront.

Messi averages around 4.

In light of that and the adjustments I've made to my dribbling, I don't think the game is far off at all. Fun? maybe not but it's close to being realistic.

Watching the early game now, 20 minutes in and nobody has beaten any opponent off a dribble.
Pepe is one of my favourite players to control this year. Him and Zaha. They both feel so light and free, very realistic to their actual selves.

The game’s presentation and content is lacklustre as it is without having to put up with fake team names kits etc.

It’s simply not an option for me.
This is just preferences, i can happily play this game with no sound on and no kits if needed its that engrossing to me. Since putting 1.2 back on ive not got round to installing kits again and im not that bothered. I will do it but my league is keeping me busy

This is just preferences, i can happily play this game with no sound on and no kits if needed its that engrossing to me. Since putting 1.2 back on ive not got round to installing kits again and im not that bothered. I will do it but my league is keeping me busy
15 years ago I could play with Tyneside and dodgy kits but not now. I need my presentation to be decent, gameplay alone isn’t immersive enough. Again, I don’t pay £40 for players running around in kits that look like they were made in MS Paint.

15 years ago I could play with Tyneside and dodgy kits but not now. I need my presentation to be decent, gameplay alone isn’t immersive enough. Again, I don’t pay £40 for players running around in kits that look like they were made in MS Paint.
There is plenty of "licensed" leagues, more than ever before.
There is also an option to play in South America. Especially now since Brazil has D2.
If gameplay for some is head wrecking - there are options to still enjoy it. Better this than keep getting frustrated.

Im sad to see the direction this thread is going lately. There seems to be a bit of hostility between 1.0 and 1.2 crowd..

At the end of the day - doesnt matter the fuck which version you play once you are enjoying it. At least this year we have an option of two solid versions. Last year there was nothing but misery..

There is plenty of "licensed" leagues, more than ever before.
There is also an option to play in South America. Especially now since Brazil has D2.
If gameplay for some is head wrecking - there are options to still enjoy it. Better this than keep getting frustrated.

Im sad to see the direction this thread is going lately. There seems to be a bit of hostility between 1.0 and 1.2 crowd..

At the end of the day - doesnt matter the fuck which version you play once you are enjoying it. At least this year we have an option of two solid versions. Last year there was nothing but misery..
You’re right - it’s a good game this year.

There’s no 1.0 v 1.2 from me, couldn’t care less what people play as long as we’re enjoying it.

Was just saying that for me personally I can’t play without an option file.

But again I agree - we do need to be a bit friendlier with each other again, it’s become hostile in here last week or so. Or maybe that’s just me being paranoid, who knows.

The game’s presentation and content is lacklustre as it is without having to put up with fake team names kits etc.

It’s simply not an option for me.

What are you talking about?? It only took me ten hours to edit kits, names, stadiums and tactics for two leagues. Best ten hours of my life.
Until I found out stadium cam is barely optimised on version 1.00 and so can almost never be changed without the game having a seizure.
But those ten hours...nobody can ever take those away from me. Except for konami. Which they already have.

Playing a Fulham ML on 1.2 besides my 1.0 Rangers ML. I do like the latest squad and kits in 1.2 and I can play it without to much frustration. But every time I come back to 1.0 I’m more convinced that 1.3 should bring back some of the demo/1.0 feeling!!
Fingers crossed. Again. ;)

Whatever. I am having fun! Haven’t played that much PES for a long time (on consecutive days)!!

Last edited:
Playing a Fulham ML on 1.2 besides my 1.0 Rangers ML. I do like the latest squad and kits in 1.2 and I can play it without to much frustration. But every time I come back to 1.0 I’m more convinced that 1.3 should bring back some of the demo/1.0 feeling!!

Whatever. I am having fun! Haven’t played that much PES for a long time!!

Hey,

Can you tell me how to play with both versions. Do you use 2 accounts on ps4 or do you play on PC to play both?

Each difficulty level has 3 'micro' levels.

eg. Amateur (weaker), Amateur (normal), Amateur (stronger)
Professional (weaker), Professional (normal), Professional (stronger), etc etc

When and why the game chooses when to fluctuate between these for each match is anyone's guess.
Probably random, like everything else in Pes :ROLL:

Ps. The 'micro' levels can be seen in the myclub main menu, on the vs COM panel. You start on the lowest possible difficulty and work your way up :TU:
This is incorrect. The weaker/normal/stronger only refers to the rating of the team you will be facing.

Whatever. I am having fun! Haven’t played that much PES for a long time!!
let's hope they don't remove the physicality and make it too easy to dribble and fouls get removed in the process.

I would appreciate that mate, thanks.
Yeah I just googled “Fly emirates transparent logo” or something like that and just went through the different options. Different sizes, but the ones that fit were the ones with a white background (which I did not ask for, google!).
Also curious about whether you and Madmax pay for Pes Master? I thought no chance am I doing that, but it offers “design inspiration” or something and I’m wondering if that’s being able to “borrow” someone else’s design and work off that i.e. Someone who has already made a proper Arsenal kit with all the logos, that I can tweak. Any idea what it’s actually like?

Don’t know about slamsoze, but I don’t pay for pesmaster. You can do so much in the free version I haven’t felt the need. There are a lot of templates you can use and if you press ‘Graphics’ when designing, you get a lot of options.

Hey,

Can you tell me how to play with both versions. Do you use 2 accounts on ps4 or do you play on PC to play both?
Man, Dom, sadly there is no easy way. I save my ML and system data every night to an usb stick. I have 2 sticks. One for all the 1.2 stuff and one for all the 1.0 stuff. So I’m installing the update on a regular basis... and then I delete it again to play 1.0 (have to copy over my saves first). It’s stressful for sure. There should be an easier way to switch between versions (and we all know it possible).
This project is only for the nuttiest PES fans, I guess. :BOUNCE: I’m not normal! ;)

:DD

Last edited:
let's hope they don't remove the physicality and make it too easy to dribble and fouls get removed in the process.

I keep playing whenever I can and I still don't see how dribbling feel this ardous or difficult. To me it is balanced as it is now and I'm really, really afraid if they'll listen to this complains the way they usually do they'll make it really easy and I'll end up hate the game.

Sorry, guys, another slight off topic, but I might have found a solution to our black and white background.

Im on mobile, and dont have options like Photo Shop here, nor I have time to sit on it for longer.

But I found a solution after a bit of research.
Download App called "Background Eraser" from Playstore. Its free.
Then once you open it - you can upload a photo. You have two options then - manual erasing, or auto.
Auto is quite intuitive and works great.
Then once you click Finish - it will send you to next page, where you can see what you missed, go back and polish it.

Took me about 5 mins, just as a test, and heres the result:
Screenshot_20190928-154225_Chrome.jpg
Obviously - could be more polished, but like I said - I just wanted to test if it worked. And it did.
Hope it helps.

Edit:
Logo I edited had black and white checkers. Thats why it took so long.
Just now I tested one with solid white background and it was more precise and took me less than 10 seconds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom