eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Nice work, but you forgot the team emblem dude! :)
Thats coz it doesnt have a team yet. :D

Apologies for off topic, but there might be more people like me out there, who just visit this thread, use ready-made Option Files and dont have a clue that its so simple..
Some might want to create their own teams (or leagues)

I don't remember that feature you mention, but back in PES6 (13 years ago) they had a full World Cup mode called "International Challenge" where you played the whole tournament from the qualifiers while picking your squads etc.

Now we just get a simple cup mode for only the finals with no squad selection, where you have to manually pick and arrange all of the teams. I hate having to pick my own group, always feels like I'm cheating or choosing the narrative when it should be random.

I'm guessing they'll implement a Euro 2020 mode at some point but I'm not expecting anything special.

Everything off the pitch has gone backwards since PES6, even online.

I remember that and it was one of the main reasons why I loved that game, sine it was my favorite game mode mode outside of ML!

Regarding Euro 2020 I fully expect them to bring back the qualifying round.

Apologies for off topic, but there might be more people like me out there, who just visit this thread, use ready-made Option Files and dont have a clue that its so simple..
I don't think this is off-topic in a PES thread. Editing is still the DNA of the series, IMHO. :)

I mean that when ( for example myself, who i am a mediocre to low designer in skills), you try to put a logo on a kit after the creation in pesmaster, if you don't have the proper time to make tests , or a good program to preview your kits like in-game, you may result in something like this below in the spoiler.

(note: The base for both kits was downloaded by a forum, they are not mine! I just only tried once to add some logos with enough laziness to produce this poor and weird final product regarding team badges!!! :P :P)
so4n6U6.png

bAYhZDp.png

I said in a different thread last night, there's more joy than before, but not all the time. Scoring A) a long range goal in PES (which is rare), B) with a player I know is capable of it and C) knowing it was manual, was a real fist-pump moment.

But... I *had* to use the manual modifier, otherwise it would never, ever go in from range. Which isn't good.

And most goals I score (on basic shooting) are still too weird to love. So for example, I'll have four one-on-ones with a keeper in a row, and for no good reason blast them all straight into his body (despite aiming either side), and on the fifth one, you can almost smell the game going "hmm, I better let you have one now" - and, more to the point, your input doesn't really match up to the goal that's scored sometimes. I've had goals go in on opposite sides to what I've aimed for, button taps go relatively high etc... so it's not *your* goal, and I feel nothing for those goals.

But the feeling of building up the play and making the right choices to create an opportunity is a source of joy that ties this stuff together and makes me come back.

Great to hear you try the manual shooting.
The modifier is perfect at beginning to see and feel how sensitive the left stick works. When I started to play manual and that's since they implemented it, I get a better understanding for it and how it works, when I imagine - playing from left to right - that the sideline between left corner and right corner are the way I pull the left stick from this position ↗️ 60°-70°with circular movement to that position ↘️ around 290°-300°. It's the whole width of the pitch. With these values imagine the left goalpost around 10 degrees and the right post around 350 degrees. That helps me a lot, but it's so difficult to explain it in English
The only thing you had to understand how minimal the movement of your left thumb are from left post to the right. Start training mode and activate the visual guidelines to test it.

I felt in love with manual controls after a few hours playing it, because it's so satisfying in all aspects and the more you play the more you are able to created chances, play great passes you will never do with pass assistance. There are moments which let you jump out of your seat, not because of the goal you score, but because a great pass you hit between 2 defenders. Further i love the fact, that with enough space and enough time you can correct your input until the player hits the ball. In contrast, situations where you had to react fast e.g. there are 3 defending players around you, the first hit with your thumb counts and that are the true skills of fm and very difficult to master. That's PES easy to learn, hard to master.
FullManual the steepest learning curve ever and satisfying in every pass you play or shot you hit.

Give it a try and if you had questions about that I will try to explain.

Cheers

Edit. "Further i love the fact, that with enough space and enough time you can correct your input until the player hits the ball."

That means if you aim for shooting for example, maybe your first thought is "no that was not enough, or nooo to wide, than in that time-span you can correct the input with a little circular movement,but that demands a very good reactivity.

Last edited:
I mean that when ( for example myself, who i am a mediocre to low designer in skills), you try to put a logo on a kit after the creation in pesmaster, if you don't have the proper time to make tests , or a good program to preview your kits like in-game, you may result in something like this below in the spoiler.

(note: The base for both kits was downloaded by a forum, they are not mine! I just only tried once to add some logos with enough laziness to produce this poor and weird final product regarding team badges!!! :P :P)
so4n6U6.png

bAYhZDp.png

Very cool!

This year I made my own kits, emblems and even sponsor images and thanks to the PES United team on PESUniverse, it was really easy to implement into the game. I used PESMaster for the kits, pngguru.com for image files and Paint 3D to edit everything to the right sizes (again, going from the files in the PES United file, it was really easy to see the correct formats for everything). Oh, and I used PowerPoint for the team emblem. That was probably the most fun :LOL:

The order is, GK kit, 3rd kit, 1st kit, 2nd kit and emblem.

HIGH_V_kit_black.png HIGH_V_kit_red.png HIGH_V_kit_redyellow.png HIGH_V_kit_white.png High_V Logo.png

Great to hear you try the manual shooting.
The modifier is perfect at beginning to see and feel how sensitive the left stick works. When I started to play manual and that's since they implemented it, I get a better understanding for it and how it works, when I imagine - playing from left to right - that the sideline between left corner and right corner are the way I pull the left stick from this position ↗️ 60°-70°with circular movement to that position ↘️ around 290°-300°. It's the whole width of the pitch. With these values imagine the left goalpost around 10 degrees and the right post around 350 degrees. That helps me a lot, but it's so difficult to explain it in English
The only thing you had to understand how minimal the movement of your left thumb are from left post to the right. Start training mode and activate the visual guidelines to test it.

I felt in love with manual controls after a few hours playing it, because it's so satisfying in all aspects and the more you play the more you are able to created chances, play great passes you will never do with pass assistance. There are moments which let you jump out of your seat, not because of the goal you score, but because a great pass you hit between 2 defenders. Further i love the fact, that with enough space and enough time you can correct your input until the player hits the ball. In contrast, situations where you had to react fast e.g. there are 3 defending players around you, the first hit with your thumb counts and that are the true skills of fm and very difficult to master. That's PES easy to learn, hard to master.
FullManual the steepest learning curve ever and satisfying in every pass you play or shot you hit.

Give it a try and if you had questions about that I will try to explain.

Cheers

Edit. "Further i love the fact, that with enough space and enough time you can correct your input until the player hits the ball."

That means if you aim for shooting for example, maybe your first thought is "no that was not enough, or nooo to wide, than in that time-span you can correct the input with a little circular movement,but that demands a very good reactivity.

You sir, have convinced me to give full manual a try. I do use manual shooting but PA1 passing and basic through ball.

Do you use advance through balls too?

The irony that they call this fucking game an esport, yet completely remove any human input by heavily assisting players in every aspect of the game.

I simply cannot play MyClub much longer using full manual controls. There is rarely a game that I dominate statistically speaking and win. Every single mistake I make gets punished with some obscene first time shot. My record is 9/12/18. Using assisted controls, removes any thought, and the game is reduced to its most basic form: who can exploit the game mechanics the best?

Searching for players using similar controls doesn't work because it takes 2 weeks to match up with an opponent. If you're playing the game in a ranked mode, full manual should be mandatory. It's not even difficult to play the game on full manual.

I'm losing my fucking mind. PES on full manual is a lot of fun this year, but it's impossible to play online because there is a gigantic advantage in playing assisted controls.

Very cool!

This year I made my own kits, emblems and even sponsor images and thanks to the PES United team on PESUniverse, it was really easy to implement into the game. I used PESMaster for the kits, pngguru.com for image files and Paint 3D to edit everything to the right sizes (again, going from the files in the PES United file, it was really easy to see the correct formats for everything). Oh, and I used PowerPoint for the team emblem. That was probably the most fun :LOL:

Very good job mate. I will download them, and maybe use them if i find space. Till now i filled all Europe teams, so my only available teams are the PAS League clubs. Thanks to KONAMI the options are very limited for an other year.
Me personally after years between Microsoft my Paint and Photoshop, i ended up with "paint.net". It is as noob friendly as i need to do the basics and keep safe the transparents backgrounds in .png logos.
By coincidence, i had a fictional club with a logo with a thunder in mind too, but didn't finished the idea.

extra note: When i edit banners in fictional clubs, in team edit mode, i prefer to use song titles or lyrics of AC/DC, or other rock/metal bands , like "Shoot to Thrill", "Thunder", "Welcome (to the) Jungle" [the game does not allow all the phrase due to text limits. :( ], "Futureal", "Run to the hills" etc.. :P

You sir, have convinced me to give full manual a try. I do use manual shooting but PA1 passing and basic through ball.

Do you use advance through balls too?

Till 2019 I used advanced through balls. If you play a real fm league you had to play with advanced through ball for example. I like it a lot because it's manual with the addition you can bend the ball to effect a good swerve. But this year it feel different to me, different in a bad way, but I will give it a try this evening.

Very cool!

Nice! Where did you find the details on sizing for each image on the shirt? I’m assuming it’s for badge, supplier logo, sponsor logo etc?

By the way, not to give you guys a false appearance. I'm not as good in manual like it appears, but over years playing fm, I just know the game-mechanics and understand how this mechanics meshing with other parts of the game.

Till 2019 I used advanced through balls. If you play a real fm league you had to play with advanced through ball for example. I like it a lot because it's manual with the addition you can bend the ball to effect a good swerve. But this year it feel different to me, different in a bad way, but I will give it a try this evening.
I have zero idea about advanced through balls. Every time I use it, it feels weird and too strong. All I have to do is tap :triangle: and it’s like I’m trying to assault the ball boy

I have zero idea about advanced through balls. Every time I use it, it feels weird and too strong. All I have to do is tap :triangle: and it’s like I’m trying to assault the ball boy

Nothing to do with how strong or less you push :triangle: the wider or shorter the pass.
. With :triangle: you activate "advanced" and with your left stick you aim that point in which direction the ball goes to. It's a little bit like the manual shots where you had the opportunity to correct your inputs in the span the player had first touch - pressing power bar for shooting , ball leave the foot, player prepared shot with his animation for shooting and finish the span with the shot. In these time of steps you can correct input. Not much time, but it's possible. To answer your question about advanced through balls in this span above mentioned, you can move with the left stick on that point on field where you want to. The To see the point activate the visual circle in settings.. I don't know the english description for it.

Very good job mate. I will download them, and maybe use them if i find space. Till now i filled all Europe teams, so my only available teams are the PAS League clubs. Thanks to KONAMI the options are very limited for an other year.
Me personally after years between Microsoft my Paint and Photoshop, i ended up with "paint.net". It is as noob friendly as i need to do the basics and keep safe the transparents backgrounds in .png logos.
By coincidence, i had a fictional club with a logo with a thunder in mind too, but didn't finished the idea.

extra note: When i edit banners in fictional clubs, in team edit mode, i prefer to use song titles or lyrics of AC/DC, or other rock/metal bands , like "Shoot to Thrill", "Thunder", "Welcome (to the) Jungle" [the game does not allow all the phrase due to text limits. :( ], "Futureal", "Run to the hills" etc.. :P

Thank you. It was surprisingly easy. And yeah, I’ve used paint.net before as well but Paint 3D in Win 10 has everything you need for a job like this.

And if you noticed the emblem, the club’s name is named after the AC/DC song ‘High Voltage’ and around the edges of the emblem I wrote: ‘It’s a long way to the top if you wanna rock’n’roll’ ;)

I even edited to fan held banners in the crowd to say things like ‘Angus’, ‘Back In Black’ and ‘It’s a long way’. So I’m right there with you, mate :))

Nice! Where did you find the details on sizing for each image on the shirt? I’m assuming it’s for badge, supplier logo, sponsor logo etc?

Thank you. PESMaster.com takes care of all of that for you. Just make sure you use png files so you dont get white or black backgrounds on the logos - unless you want that of course... This is where pngguru.com comes in handy because you can find png logos of most brands and companies. It’s really a lot of fun once you get into it :ROCK:

What would you guys say is the best button to use for control? Like stopping the ball dead and also to initiate a sharp instant turn?

I would say it dependes on the situation. Sometimes I do it with the sprinting button to quickly get away from the defender, sometimes with R3, sometimes with R2, sometimes just with L3.

The irony that they call this fucking game an esport, yet completely remove any human input by heavily assisting players in every aspect of the game.

I simply cannot play MyClub much longer using full manual controls. There is rarely a game that I dominate statistically speaking and win. Every single mistake I make gets punished with some obscene first time shot. My record is 9/12/18. Using assisted controls, removes any thought, and the game is reduced to its most basic form: who can exploit the game mechanics the best?

Searching for players using similar controls doesn't work because it takes 2 weeks to match up with an opponent. If you're playing the game in a ranked mode, full manual should be mandatory. It's not even difficult to play the game on full manual.

I'm losing my fucking mind. PES on full manual is a lot of fun this year, but it's impossible to play online because there is a gigantic advantage in playing assisted controls.

Online Divisions, PA0, similar settings. Problem solved. ;)

Thank you. PESMaster.com takes care of all of that for you. Just make sure you use png files so you dont get white or black backgrounds on the logos - unless you want that of course... This is where pngguru.com comes in handy because you can find png logos of most brands and companies. It’s really a lot of fun once you get into it :ROCK:
Yeah that’s why I’m asking, I’m trying to create some new kits for the prem teams, so that when the next season starts on master league, I can keep it fresh. But I’m not too sure on how to use Pes Master yet. Tried finding a transparent Fly Emirates sponsor on google, but it’s too small on the kit, and that’s sized all the way up on Pes Master, any ideas? And the ones that are perfectly sized have the white background.

Been playing a few games of BAL, as it was always one of my favourite modes and I’m paired with Lecce of Serie A (absolute belter of a home kit). So far I’ve made 4 appearances, provided 3 assists and scored 2 goals, the first of which was charging down a Donnarumma clearance at the San Siro and reacting quickest to the loose ball :BOP:
Absolutely loving it again.

Yeah that’s why I’m asking, I’m trying to create some new kits for the prem teams, so that when the next season starts on master league, I can keep it fresh. But I’m not too sure on how to use Pes Master yet. Tried finding a transparent Fly Emirates sponsor on google, but it’s too small on the kit, and that’s sized all the way up on Pes Master, any ideas? And the ones that are perfectly sized have the white background.
There is a size-tuner option slider in Kit creator, that you can fine your logo size. For transparent backgorund google "Fly emirates png" or similar key words.

Hello fellas,

I thought the demo of the game was really fun, so I decided to buy the full game. It's the first PES game I've played since 2014 (PES2015). The first game I played (difficulty: Top Player), on the full game, was Sporting Braga (me) versus Royal Antwerp. I got beat 1-2, but I really enjoyed it. Dieumerci Mbokani upfront gave me a lot of problems in the first half (score the two goals). Below is a wonderful bicycle kick I scored. I couldn't level the score despite despite a good second half from my team.

There's difference I noticed between the demo and the full game, the COM press you more or there's less space and the frequency of fouls called is not as high as the demo. Still a good game though. I haven't installed any updates yet (unless it automatically installed it when I was installing the game onto my PS4), so I might notice more differences when I do.

Also, what is the best option file to download at the moment? I'm aware of the PES Universe OF, is it worth getting a gold membership for? Any suggestion will be welcomed.

Back
Top Bottom