eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Every day I come back to this forum, daily after release and read about that version discussion every day. My thoughts since first post about that was "ok, like every year the after patch placebo thing - i don't care, let's play it like it is, because I want the latest transfers and the other online stuff. Today after 2 weeks of playing it, I choose to delete the game and play the version 1.0...

What the fuck Konami, what the fuck you've done!!!!!!! I played 10 or more games without a break, 15 min top player and all I can say this is the best football game ever created. Maybe I come back later to go into detail but my English is not as good to describe things in a way you understand it in a right way. But guys.... What the fuck did Konami with that 1.0???

They do what they do every year, they 'Onlined' it
meaning they increased responsiveness, animation speed, and therefore pace, removed fouls so what you have is a non-stop, end to end, game of ping pong ball.

Every day I come back to this forum, daily after release and read about that version discussion every day. My thoughts since first post about that was "ok, like every year the after patch placebo thing - i don't care, let's play it like it is, because I want the latest transfers and the other online stuff. Today after 2 weeks of playing it, I choose to delete the game and play the version 1.0...

What the fuck Konami, what the fuck you've done!!!!!!! I played 10 or more games without a break, 15 min top player and all I can say this is the best football game ever created. Maybe I come back later to go into detail but my English is not as good to describe things in a way you understand it in a right way. But guys.... What the fuck did Konami with that 1.0???

They do this every year. The demo or disc version is normally good. Then patch 1 completely changes the game into a mess.

Every year.

I even tried Master League for this first time in years last night as I only play online. I honestly can’t believe there is still a market for offline play. It was tedious to say the least.

Speak for yourself, there are many of us that enjoy the fantasy squad building elements of Offline ML.
Personally I can't see the point in playing online, in a laggy, scripted, unreliable environment, against people who behave like 12yr olds, play unrealistic formations, waste time, rage quit, and spunk into a sock over opening virtual player cards.
I'd rather carve the Koran into my bellend with a blunt butter knife to be honest, but I dont shout about it cause, you know, each to their own

Didn’t score a goal(again more chance of error because he’s not a frontline player)..

Plus by allowing me to run and maintain its shape the cpu gave me very little interms of angle and penetration.I was restricted to a long shot(that went wide)..

I think we’ve all seen this in real football..

If you prefer a pressure fest,cpu that cheats,passes around some games at lightning pace so much,that you don’t feel like your can even get the ball,let alone react quick enough..Plus all the other inconsistencies,then more power to you..and let’s not forget the ping pong passing and blatant stat doping post patch.

Remember you quoted me..

The third defender stops dead and moves out of your way as you are about to shoot, he could have tried to barge you off the ball or slid in. He stopped and moved out of the way.

Before that as you turn, the 2nd defender stops and runs away from you . You take the contact well then he simply gives up and runs back so that he can maintain formation in the low block.

I have never seen that in real football,

They do what they do every year, they 'Onlined' it
meaning they increased responsiveness, animation speed, and therefore pace, removed fouls so what you have is a non-stop, end to end, game of ping pong ball.
It's definitely not more responsive online than the demo. Dribbling almost feels like it has a 1 second delay from your inputs and players turn like trucks. Dribbling was far better online in 18 and 19. Even offline I've had far more responsiveness issues than the demo, like trying to hit a first time shot and the player taking a touch instead...

They definitely 'onlined' the defending/referees though.

Speak for yourself, there are many of us that enjoy the fantasy squad building elements of Offline ML.
Personally I can't see the point in playing online, in a laggy, scripted, unreliable environment, against people who behave like 12yr olds, play unrealistic formations, waste time, rage quit, and spunk into a sock over opening virtual player cards.
I'd rather carve the Koran into my bellend with a blunt butter knife to be honest, but I dont shout about it cause, you know, each to their own

Do you not find winning against the CPU completely lacking of any emotion?

I just don’t care if I beat the CPU, it doesn’t mean anything.

The third defender stops dead and moves out of your way as you are about to shoot, he could have tried to barge you off the ball or slid in. He stopped and moved out of the way.

Before that as you turn, the 2nd defender stops and runs away from you . You take the contact well then he simply gives up and runs back so that he can maintain formation in the low block.

I have never seen that in real football,

A defender can not watch the ball and player at the same time..When defenders don’t always seem to be react,it’s because there blindsided or caught out by quick momentum(you see it in football all the time)They simply don’t react or aren’t quick enough..It can look like they have just allowed a forward to score a goal easily..(dosed off/frozen)..

Here’s some example’s and watch how defenders simply don’t react and seem static.

You can’t defend every goal and you can’t expect a footballer to be able to magically change direction,throwing out the laws of physics,mass and inertia.Especially if a defender is static and a forward is driving forward with momentum.

Last edited:
A defender can not watch the ball and player at the same time..When defenders don’t always seem to be react,it’s because there blindsided or caught out by quick momentum(you see it in football all the time)They simply don’t react or aren’t quick enough..It can look like they have just allowed a forward to score a goal easily..

Here’s some example’s and watch how defenders simply don’t react and seem to freeze..

You can’t defend every goal and you can’t expect a footballer to be able to magically change direction,throwing out the laws of physics,mass and inertia.
You seriously think they implemented a state of art blindside system without say nothing?

Sorry but it looks nothing like what happened in that video.. it just seems the defender turned away for no reason..

A defender can not watch the ball and player at the same time..When defenders don’t always seem to be react,it’s because there blindsided or caught out by quick momentum(you see it in football all the time)They simply don’t react or aren’t quick enough..It can look like they have just allowed a forward to score a goal easily..

Here’s some example’s and watch how defenders simply don’t react and seem to freeze..

You can’t defend every goal and you can’t expect a footballer to be able to magically change direction,throwing out the laws of physics,mass and inertia.

You haven't addressed my point about the CPU defending.

There are no 3rd man runs it's 1 player dribbling. Your video clearly shows both defenders stopping continuing running the direction they're going in artificially creating space for you.

It's the same thing people continually moan about their own players doing against the CPU.

You seriously think they implemented a state of art blindside system without say nothing?

Sorry but it looks nothing like what happened in that video.. it just seems the defender turned away for no reason..

No but you can score a lot of goals in pes2020 by blindsiding..

A midfielder might run back into position or forward but your not going to see one of the back line run away from it’s own six yard box..or out of the area..Believe it or not I’ve seen players run away from danger and let the next man deal with it a lot over the years..It can look odd even in reality(and does happen).Especially with forwards and offensive midfielders stopping runs and running back into position for a possible counter.Once the defence has tidied up..

All I’m saying is some of the players not reacting when a ball is a yard away is Konami rather crudely replicating the effect of being blindsided or beaten by momentum..Case in point player striking the ball while defender is caught by movement and momentum(he’s static).

I’m not talking about post patch when players just stop or freeze(that’s a bug)..I’m talking about being caught static..It happens a lot in the real game..

And yes defenders in this years game watch the ball..look at the replays..And I’ve scored plenty of blindsided goals by lifting the ball over the top of the back line and precision use of the through ball.(will do some short captures for you)..

Take a closer look!

Last edited:
You haven't addressed my point about the CPU defending.

There are no 3rd man runs it's 1 player dribbling. Your video clearly shows both defenders stopping continuing running the direction they're going in artificially creating space for you.

It's the same thing people continually moan about their own players doing against the CPU.

That player that seems to move away isn’t artificially creating space..look closer he thinks I’m going to turn the other way..but I pull away in the opposite direction..He’s beaten by a split second movement..I was slicing either away with the ball at my feet..

Your clutching at straws..and one example that isn’t bad..

I’m not allowed time and space and give my stick control and timing some credit..

That player that seems to move away isn’t artificially creating space..look closer he thinks I’m going to turn the other way..but I pull away in the opposite direction..He’s beaten by a split second movement..I was slicing either away with the ball at my feet..

Your clutching at straws..and one example that isn’t bad..

I’m not allowed time and space and give my stick control and timing some credit..

Ok

Would it of been ok if the cpu in this situation just tackled me or dispossessed me...Did I just run in a strait line and just walk through players?..Can we not have variables in a game or does it just have to be one way?(the way you interpret football).

Come on..You know full well in that situation it can be hard to disposes a player that’s constantly turning..Everytime I attempted that afterwards I was physically challenged..

Let’s have the grown up dicussion rather then you having the last word and failing to analyse anything but what you consider one bad moment at the beginning of the game..

I watched your goal more than once and I can't see any of what you are saying. I'm just seeing the defender randomly turning away for no reason..
I dropped back again to v 1 after all the comments thinks I missed something, the AI defending is poor compared to post patch. I could regularly dribble past 3 AI players on superstar with not much effort.

Not that I care so much, but my current crop of youth players consist of a bunch of retired players looking exactly like their older counterpart. So I got 17 year old Pepe Reina in goal, looking exactly like ... Pepe Reina (even the same avatar), same with Hugo Rodallega, 17 year old striker, but exactly like the old Wigan guy. Haha. It's silly, and just so sloppy. Before at least you could get Hugo Reina and Pepe Rodallega, but nope, not this time. :P

I dropped back again to v 1 after all the comments thinks I missed something, the AI defending is poor compared to post patch. I could regularly dribble past 3 AI players on superstar with not much effort.

That’s because the dribbling’s been neutered post patch..

Let’s see these videos..I’m a skilled player and I can’t just skin teams with dribbling..

Your a little bit misguided if you think teams just sit back and allow you to do what I did game after game..or throughout a entire match.

Be fair..Have you played version 1.00.00 for weeks?..Because looking at your posts youve barely had a dabble(your words).

Spend a little time with it..Your have a much more realistic and dynamic match.

Last edited:
That’s because the dribbling’s been neutered post patch..

Let’s see these videos..I’m a skilled player and I can’t just skin teams with dribbling..

Your a little bit misguided if you think teams just sit back and allow you to do what I did game after game..or throughout a entire match.

Be fair..Have you played version 1.00.00 for weeks?..Because looking at your posts youve barely had a dabble(your words).

Been trying V1. 0 and dribbling is far easier than post patch, even at the higher levels... It does not take weeks to figure this out IMHO

Been trying V1. 0 and dribbling is far easier than post patch, even at the higher levels... It does not take weeks to figure this out IMHO

But scoring goals isn’t any easier..Dribblings just more fun as is retaining the ball..Because you can dribble..It’s effective(just how it should be).It creates angles and space..

Post patch your find more and more your just passing..

It all ties into the way the games designed..I get it..

I didn’t upload the video to make the post patch version look bad..It’s for people that are interested..Shows the great physics and balanced gameplay..

I have amazing games pre patch that feel dynamic like real matches..Post patch it all becomes contrived..Forced and a lot more rubber banded.The cpu cheats in a unfair way(the balance is completely lost imo).

Last edited:
Not that I care so much, but my current crop of youth players consist of a bunch of retired players looking exactly like their older counterpart. So I got 17 year old Pepe Reina in goal, looking exactly like ... Pepe Reina (even the same avatar), same with Hugo Rodallega, 17 year old striker, but exactly like the old Wigan guy. Haha. It's silly, and just so sloppy. Before at least you could get Hugo Reina and Pepe Rodallega, but nope, not this time. :P
Before? When? :BLINK:
It was always like this. The regens are the same players exactly as the retired 100%. It is the same person, not someone that just looks alike.

About dribbling on 1.0 is more a personal taste and not a good or bad thing. In my opinion a player with good dribbling skills in a one on one or one on two situations had very good chances to past by these and it I like the fact that it feels easy. Change formation and give verthongen a go and try the same with him. It won't be easy I guarantee.

I play this game since first release of the series and it's every year a day one buy, no matter how disappointing it is every year. Sometimes more, sometimes less but I buy it every year. Prefer manual playing, because it gives me the tick more of simulation and slow the game down, no matter if your good or bad fm player. I read that people don't give fm a go because it's time consuming, but it isn't. It just good feels in many situations. I don't want to start this fm against PA again. Only want to share my thoughts.

Same. I've always preferred offline. Having fun online is just too reliant on other people. And people are incredibly hit and miss. Too many people too much about winning and that kind of desperation leads to, as you said, unrealistic formations and exploiting mechanics. It just isn't fun.

I'd rather play offline and play in my little football world than have to deal with whatever the meta is online.

I tried FUT once. I played 4 matches and realized it wasn't for me. Heck I tried Diamond Dynasty (in MLB the Show) last year and the same thing happened.

I'm sure it's fun. But the people I played against ruined it for me.

The pes logo on replays is annoying and too slow.
On the positive side : fully liscensed leagues have no pes logo on replays but the league logo.

Looks much better and fades quicker.
Wish we'd have that for all the leagues. Does and option file take care of this?

Before? When? :BLINK:
It was always like this. The regens are the same players exactly as the retired 100%. It is the same person, not someone that just looks alike.

Oh, really? I haven't played ML for a few years, always thought they did a sort of name combo thing. :p

Do you not find winning against the CPU completely lacking of any emotion?

I just don’t care if I beat the CPU, it doesn’t mean anything.
sorry i disagree.it is very rewarding to beat cpu because i earned it.the ai is quite good and variety hwo they attack despite some of flaws.i only play offline in ML SO I WOULDnt have any interest in this game if it wasnt offline so imo it does mean everything. im guessing eveyr pes player who likes this game and plays offline find beating the cpu a meaningful and rewarding experience

Oh, really? I haven't played ML for a few years, always thought they did a sort of name combo thing. :p
Nope unfortunately. At its best during 2010-2012, there were some generic players like Palmieri, Shimizu, Kaiser, who had similarities with some real players. But even them were not random generated, they were standard in database.

Can we please stop with the "allow multiple versions" thing? I'm a software developer and running multiple versions next to each other is a pain. Next to that, I don't even think Sony allows it on their networking infra as all games have this requirement of having to be on the latest version to go online in that particular game. It's not something Konami is willingly doing to annoy us or anything, it's just how software development works.
The only viable option would be to include some sort of "slider" functionality in the code. Like back in the day, when the choice of the referee was basically a slider of how lenient or strict the ref was. Some Japanese looking guy (Ito) was very strict while some Dutch sounding guy was very lenient.
NHL does just that,on both Xbox and PS4.
Has done it since at least NHL 13.
I'm currently playing version 1.02 (think there's 1.00-1.07 on it to chose from)

Don't know why konami shouldn't be able to pull that off?

Back
Top Bottom