eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Well this is the first time that it has happened to me. I’ve had the option file downloaded for a few weeks and no such issues before today. So the only thing I could put it down to, was the camera. Especially as it instantly corrected itself once I changed it back. Really reluctant to ever try changing the camera again from now on, haha!

I did a database rebuild. And it's back to silky smooth. My heart leapt for joy (I'd had that sinking dread feeling the last few days when you know your favourite toy is broken...)
Might b worth trying it...

A while ago someone mentioned stuttering and frame rate drops. I've noticed turning of all automotion and judder settings removes this problem.

Superstar AI defender letting me score... He was sprinting then starts jogging as soon as I play the cross, then doesn't challenge for the ball in the air, and finished with a laser accurate manual shot that felt assisted.

The video shows this week's Match Day final, so it was seen by quite a few people.
Oh right, I'm not familiar with that mode and thought this was your gameplay. Hopefully they will take notice then...

One thing with the full game:
Whenever I lead 2 goals and AI follows up by scoring one, I literally have never seen the animation where the player gets the ball out of the net, carrying it to the kick off point.
I´m pretty sure I have seen that in the demo.

How about you lucky 1.0 players? Is that in or is it a bug in the full game or just with the version 1.2?

Whenever I lead 2 goals and AI follows up by scoring one, I literally have never seen the animation where the player gets the ball out of the net, carrying it to the kick off point.

How about you lucky 1.0 players? Is that in or is it a bug in the full game or just with the version 1.2?

I've seen that. Saw it just now, in fact (on latest patch). So it's definitely in there. It was in a cup match though.

we are not talking about patches, we are talking about being able to select retrospective builds.
And I'm talking about that it's not uncommon for a developer to say "newer != better, therefore we undid the changes".

Superstar AI defender letting me score... He was sprinting then starts jogging as soon as I play the cross, then doesn't challenge for the ball in the air, and finished with a laser accurate manual shot that felt assisted.

Oh right, I'm not familiar with that mode and thought this was your gameplay. Hopefully they will take notice then...

Maybe because you just aimed it in the right direction? :)
I think this is a great goal!
And even on superstar you should be able to pull of goals like that and also...mostly goals result of a failure of defenders just like in real life.
Now if it happens in EVERY game on superstar, that a defender doesn´t cover up...okay.

But this one would have made me jumped off my seat...

Konami need to fix the collision system. Its broke.
Two players shouldnt collide and either a) just stand there or b) it result in a foul.

That's awful. It's not even like it's the stamina fail from the player for it being late in a game (it's the wrong animation for that). I can almost hear Lukaka (I think) saying "Excuse me" and the defender waving him through. What mode were you playing?

I've certainly seen it form the AI in the ML with 1.2. It might have been in an FA Cup game though (which might make a difference, I don't know). Any time you score and take you player to the ball whilst behind, it will kick off the animation also (if you're not losing, I like it that you just thump it into the nest again :D)

First clip is you walking through the Sweden team unopposed, into a shooting position, with Jan Vertonghen...

That’s right and notice how I wasn’t easily just pushed off the ball..If the cpu had committed it would of been a foul..This isnt post patch..

If you watch the videos your see with turns and movement while dribbling.I can draw the opposition in and more often then not draw fouls..I’m not doing it by just using physicality.Movement and turning right at the moment the opposition makes or attempts a tackle.

Look also how patiently I play the match..It’s just not attack after attack..Always conscious of my shape and being opened up..

It’s a wonderful game pre patch..It also doesn’t feel half as scripted as it does post patch..Konami certainly added there cheating coding tricks when they patched(I’ve seen defenders open there legs to let goals go in post patch and the dreaded stat boosting and making the user’s players weak and redundant.

Japan vs Saudi..Nice pen..superstar..pa0..manual shooting.Version 1.00.00

Last edited:
What does it mean when the form arrow blinks in ML? I thought it was that the player was in super form or something, but now I have a couple on medium/average arrow, and their arrows are also blinking.

What does it mean when the form arrow blinks in ML? I thought it was that the player was in super form or something, but now I have a couple on medium/average arrow, and their arrows are also blinking.

Is it like.. big development jump phase?
kinda like kids, when they wake up one day, two inches bigger and are able to argue with you and win. :LOL:

That’s right and notice how I wasn’t easily just pushed off the ball..If the cpu had committed it would of been a foul..This isnt post patch..

If you watch the videos your see with turns and movement while dribbling.I can draw the opposition in and more often then not draw fouls..And I’m doing not by using physicality just by movement and turning right at the moment the opposition makes or attempts a tackle.

Look also how patiently I play the match..It’s just not attack after attack..Always conscious of my shape and being opened up..

It’s a wonderful game pre patch..It also doesn’t feel half as scripted as it does post patch..Konami certainly added there cheating coding tricks when they patched(I’ve seen defenders open there legs to let goals go in post patch and the dreaded stat boosting and making the user’s players weak and redundant.

fanbase should boycott till blatant cheat code is removed

Superstar..Pa0..manual shooting version 1.00.00

Why I think this game is sublime..balance!

That first video is what is better in the post patch.

The CPU is so deep, and just let you dance around them barely putting in a challenge.

Just realised it's with Vertonghen, and on Superstar? Nah that's not good. The 2nd and 3rd defenders act like there's a force field around him and don't put in any meaningful challengle for the ball at all, then just follow him.

Exactly what I meant about it being too easy when I played it. I would like the dribbling to be reactive, not the CPU dumbed down like that. It's not like he's dribbling on the offside of the defender, it's all left foot so there is no reason for them not to challenge.

Last edited:

It results from a few things. One is the fast developing players, like Arcas (ML default) does sometimes as he has the Rising Star team role. The bad bod team role can also affect other players (and themselves) in a game after they have just played (read the full details of the team role). I had another team roles that did this (can't remember which, it might have been leader or something) that motivates other players sometimes.

kinda like kids, when they wake up one day, two inches bigger and are able to argue with you and win. :LOL:

I believe it has a some sort of % boost for experience gained in the match. It also (or at least used to) last for more matches if you continued to play well, but if you had a bad game would end sooner.

If you let them play in that game, they are going to develop more than in other games.

It results from a few things. One is the fast developing players, like Arcas (ML default) does sometimes as he has the Rising Star team role. The bad bod team role can also affect other players (and themselves) in a game after they have just played (read the full details of the team role). I had another team roles that did this (can't remember which, it might have been leader or something) that motivates other players sometimes.

Sweet! Thanks guys. :)

Maybe because you just aimed it in the right direction? :)
I think this is a great goal!
And even on superstar you should be able to pull of goals like that and also...mostly goals result of a failure of defenders just like in real life.
Now if it happens in EVERY game on superstar, that a defender doesn´t cover up...okay.

But this one would have made me jumped off my seat...
Maybe I should overlay gamepad inputs over my gameplay as I'm sure I'm not aiming that well (10+ years sucking at manual shooting)... I've used this one before but it's not easy to see the exact stick position, especially when it's smaller in the corner of a video;
https://gamepadviewer.com/

If anyone has a suggestion for a similar one with clearer stick position (like an arrow) that works with OBS, I'd love to know as I couldn't find one. :)

I understand your point that you still want goals where it's a failure from the defender, but that one just seemed like a bug. If a defender showed that little effort to intercept a cross then you'd suspect match fixing :).

The most enjoyable parts of the game for me are manual long passes and crosses/headers - the actual goals themselves are mostly a bit flat, especially now I've noticed the assistance on manual.

That's awful. It's not even like it's the stamina fail from the player for it being late in a game (it's the wrong animation for that). I can almost hear Lukaka (I think) saying "Excuse me" and the defender waving him through. What mode were you playing?
Yeah it was Lukaku, same match as the right footed goal I posted earlier - I was playing another Europa League in Cup mode.

It was the 44th minute and the defender's stamina bar was half full so shouldn't have been that.

zw0d2UL.jpg

Maybe I should overlay gamepad inputs over my gameplay as I'm sure I'm not aiming that well (10+ years sucking at manual shooting)... I've used this one before but it's not easy to see the exact stick position, especially when it's smaller in the corner of a video;
https://gamepadviewer.com/

If anyone has a suggestion for a similar one with clearer stick position (like an arrow) that works with OBS, I'd love to know as I couldn't find one. :)

I understand your point that you still want goals where it's a failure from the defender, but that one just seemed like a bug. If a defender showed that little effort to intercept a cross then you'd suspect match fixing :).

The most enjoyable parts of the game for me are manual long passes and crosses/headers - the actual goals themselves are mostly a bit flat, especially now I've noticed the assistance on manual.

Yeah it was Lukaku, same match as the right footed goal I posted earlier - I was playing another Europa League in Cup mode.

It was the 44th minute and the defender's stamina bar was half full so shouldn't have been that.

zw0d2UL.jpg

Ah okay.
Well if you have aimed completely wrong, then of course this is a no go.
An overlay would have been interesting.

I still have many missed shots on full manual, so....even we discuss that manual isn´t really manual, my shots go past the goal many times.
I should get used to use L2 more often though.

Anyone else really digging the soundtrack this year? :BAND:

I go into these games knowing the soundtracks will never be to my taste as I'm mainly into punk and it's various offshoots but it's not completely awful this year bar a few tracks which is a positive I guess. I hate to sound like my granddad but there was one on PES 19 which was literally just noise. :LOL:

To be honest though I just see the soundtrack as wasted money. They have to pay to licence these songs when in reality who would care if it was just some generic original tune in the background instead? It only plays in the menus and I don't notice it most of the time as I'm usually concentrating on messing about with transfers or tinkering with the squad.

Ah okay.
Well if you have aimed completely wrong, then of course this is a no go.
An overlay would have been interesting.

I still have many missed shots on full manual, so....even we discuss that manual isn´t really manual, my shots go past the goal many times.
I should get used to use L2 more often though.

But perhaps the 'FUMA not feeling like it's full manual' is another handicapping behaviour performed? So the CB gets out of his way and they make sure the shot isn't missed. It's entirely possible. A lot of the differences in experiences between users seems to mainly be what difficulty and what game mode they are playing (and in the case of the ML, for how long you've been playing or how successful you've been).
Some of the handicapping, though, isn't wrong to be applied necessarily, just badly 'played out'. I would have been a lot happier with this clip, for example, if the CB did reach Lukaku, but was shrugged off, rather than just giving up. It might have had the same overall effect, but felt 'better' for me. I can believe Lukaka using his weight to protect the ball like that.

Same as in my ML after a season on TP (4th season, when handicapping kicked in big time). I'd have been fine if the effect of my success was just that the game reacted and lesser teams went more cautious/defensive. I'd even be fine with some small boosts to players (big game player syndrome) for certain encounters. It's just when the handicap is your own players suffering from 'deer in the headlights' or vertigo is the shame. Don't make my guys non-reactive. Make them complacent (so sloppier touches and passes). Don't make my guy stumble more, make their player fight more for it. Subtle changes I'd be far happier with (although I'd still just prefer they 'played' better, that golden AI problem).

Back
Top Bottom