eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Quick question regarding Legend difficulty to those using it.. DO you feel it is less "cheaty" than superstar? Im looking for the AI to play smarter without just relying in turning a division 2 team into Barcelona. Lately Ive been bouncing off Pro, TP and Superstar and have an impression TP is a little cheaty

I've not played that difficulty myself but it looked reasonably decent from The True Brits ML videos on Youtube. He was playing Newcastle and they still gave the ball away and misplaced passes. They also missed some pretty good chances which I thought was promising as I expected on top difficulty they would be super clinical regardless of team.

It's certainly made me want to unlock it and give it a try anyway!

I've not played that difficulty myself but it looked reasonably decent from The True Brits ML videos on Youtube. He was playing Newcastle and they still gave the ball away and misplaced passes. They also missed some pretty good chances which I thought was promising as I expected on top difficulty they would be super clinical regardless of team.

It's certainly made me want to unlock it and give it a try anyway!

Funny you mention that video. It was basically one of the reasons I asked. I’m going to give it a try

Been putting a lot of time into master league, and as much as the game has made great strides since last year, many of the past glaring problems still remain.

One of the worst is the game's inability and inconsistency in determining which player should be "active."
This issue is most common in 2 situations.

First situation is when you are applying defensive pressure with 2 players. Usually when you have two players tackling, and even on a successful tackle, both of them will be stuck in recovery animation, and neither will react to the ball, and usually result in the opposition gaining the ball back right away.
This issue is made worse from last year due to the stronger emphasis on physicality. Because it can be difficult to win the ball back with just a single player, there is alot more case where you want to be pressuring with multiple players, increasing the frequency of this issue.

Second situation is long passes. In the case where you are passing from central mid field to the wing to your full backs. If you are aiming the pass to land in front of the full back, the game tend to switch to the winger and make him run backward to collect the pass. Additionally, in the case where you might have another player in the path of the long pass, the game knows to switch to the destination player, but the player in the way will make no attempt to get out of the way, nor does the game let you switch to him to manually move out of the way. It feel like the AI only kicks in between the passer and the receiving player, while the rest of the players will make no decision until an outcome has been reached with the pass.

I really hope the upcoming patch will fix at least this AI awareness issue...
It's disheartening cause when it works the game is a dream, but it's the same old issues coming back year after year.

I suspect some of these problems can be drastically improved simply by tweaking the way that hidden stat modifier like "momentum" or "team spirit" works. At the moment it's an immersion killer when players behave like they are unresponsive.

I really hope the upcoming patch will fix at least this AI awareness issue
I dont get how did they even end up in this situation, coz problem is nowhere near as big on 1.0.
Almost looks like they were making all those tweaks to get less fouls, changing animations, increasing pass accuracy, decreasing ball bounces and ball freedom, and to retain the feeling of "randomness" they just put blindfolds on players heads to make them run around like headless chickens..
Unfortunately - I cant see them achieving 1.0 gameplay again, unless they deliberately go back to it. They touched and tweaked to many small things and everything is connected.
Its like having one of those huge Lego buildings, dropping it on the ground and shattering it. Even if you have one big chunk that still holds up - you will never put it back again perfectly.
Ps. Its Konami, so we have to assume they dont have instructions for their Legos.. :LOL:

I dont get how did they even end up in this situation, coz problem is nowhere near as big on 1.0.
Almost looks like they were making all those tweaks to get less fouls, changing animations, increasing pass accuracy, decreasing ball bounces and ball freedom, and to retain the feeling of "randomness" they just put blindfolds on players heads to make them run around like headless chickens..
Unfortunately - I cant see them achieving 1.0 gameplay again, unless they deliberately go back to it. They touched and tweaked to many small things and everything is connected.
Its like having one of those huge Lego buildings, dropping it on the ground and shattering it. Even if you have one big chunk that still holds up - you will never put it back again perfectly.
Ps. Its Konami, so we have to assume they dont have instructions for their Legos.. :LOL:

The lack of balls from both Konami and EA is staggering. Year after year their teams build a better game and they quickly roll back on a lot of the changes as soon as they get any negative feedback.

It must be soul destroying working on it all year to be told "put it back to how it was guys". It's about time Konami and/or EA said this is the football game we're making, by all means we'll patch out bugs and problems but the core gameplay is not changing no matter how much you piss and moan. Obviously not in those exact words though, it would need dressing up in the PR speak first :LOL:

Tiny little issue I have. If I play classic 442 with a CF and a SS, more often than not it's the CF that ends up dropping back defensively off the ball, which is annoying as I play a big slow target man there who's not adept at moving up and down the pitch. I've set my tactics to maintain position and not 'flexible' and it still doesn't help

Tiny little issue I have. If I play classic 442 with a CF and a SS, more often than not it's the CF that ends up dropping back defensively off the ball, which is annoying as I play a big slow target man there who's not adept at moving up and down the pitch. I've set my tactics to maintain position and not 'flexible' and it still doesn't help
Anchor his ass. This new, advanced tactics instruction. He should stay there then.

The lack of balls from both Konami and EA is staggering. Year after year their teams build a better game and they quickly roll back on a lot of the changes as soon as they get any negative feedback.

It must be soul destroying working on it all year to be told "put it back to how it was guys". It's about time Konami and/or EA said this is the football game we're making, by all means we'll patch out bugs and problems but the core gameplay is not changing no matter how much you piss and moan. Obviously not in those exact words though, it would need dressing up in the PR speak first :LOL:

I just won't believe that.. The feedback got worse when 1.0 came out. I've actually not seen anyone complaining about the demo, but I've seen tons of messages how the gameplay of the demo was better. It doesn't make sense to me..
Also it's highly unlikely they have a simple "revert to the known formula"-button. Worst thing about this is that we'll never know, until some intern leaks confidential information on how this game was handled with after the release of the demo ;)

Yes, deffo more assisted than before. I absolutely love it, like a setting between the basic and manual shooting of previous games
I'm leaning more towards disliking it - at the very least they should have made it optional, calling it "semi" or something.

The two that stood out to me were the Bentaleb rising shot I posted before, and one yesterday with Lukaku's right foot.

https://gfycat.com/pointedbestcarpenterant
https://gfycat.com/betterpossibleivorygull

Both laser accurate just inside the post, and I'm very doubtful my aim was that good, had many others like this too. I'm not really seeing a great variety of shots on manual - it's either miles wide, near the keeper, or very close to the corners. Very rarely hitting the post or putting it just wide. I'm not so sure it even depends on player stats either.

Takes some of the satisfaction out of the really accurate shots, reduces the variety, and narrows the skill gap in human v human FUMA games.

Anchor his ass. This new, advanced tactics instruction. He should stay there then.
Anchoring just stops them drifting out wide, it doesn't stop them tracking back. Counter Target is probably the better option.

Last edited:
I'm debated. I got the game for PC (around 30 bucks so I got it for a decent price after all) but now that I see the screenshot posted by @fideco I'd really love to grab a Xbox One copy and stay vanilla too. No chance of seeing so many fouls in a 10-minute-half game on PC, no matter what.

I'm really, really undecided.

I'm not really seeing a great variety of shots on manual - it's either miles wide, near the keeper, or very close to the corners. Very rarely hitting the post or putting it just wide.
Its amazing how people experiences might differ..
I have almost 180° opposite "issues", while trying to learn manual shooting on Stadium Cam.
Most of the time Im hitting the middle, or just missing the post. Finding it very difficult to precisely aim at the corner.
And last night I had 2 posts and a crossbar in one match..
:LOL:
But I have to say - manual shooting is really growing on me.

Wonder what are we doing
"wrong" and whats the reason behind it..?

Version 1.0 is giving me great rewards.
The physical balance is at its best and the body collision check is amazing.
Here is a match screen M.L. 10 min H.T. Top Player Speed -1 Custom tactics designed by me

Let me get this right, 30 fouls in 20 minutes? That’s ridiculous, sorry I’m a bit lost here, some on here want to revert back to 1.0,because.

1. Not enough fouls
2. Too many fouls

Any answers appreciated.

I'm debated. I got the game for PC (around 30 bucks so I got it for a decent price after all) but now that I see the screenshot posted by @fideco I'd really love to grab a Xbox One copy and stay vanilla too. No chance of seeing so many fouls in a 10-minute-half game on PC, no matter what.

I'm really, really undecided.

Try not to give in to paying more for this game - once you go 1.0 that's one less person pushing for 1.0 access in the digital versions.

Konami should be dealing with 1.0/1.2 differences with more urgency - if they had a lawsuit coming for them for false advertising they would but the gaming scene seems incredibly hard to regulate.

This isn't about whether 1.0 is better than 1.2 or vice versa - this is about showing us 1.0, and then forcing 1.2 on digital purchasers with no option to access the 1.0 gameplay that we expected.

Let me get this right, 30 fouls in 20 minutes? That’s ridiculous, sorry I’m a bit lost here, some on here want to revert back to 1.0,because.

1. Not enough fouls
2. Too many fouls

Any answers appreciated.
I never had that many on 1.0.
Or - to put it better - I never had a thought that there was too many fouls in any games I played so far. Especially that stupid collision fouls from the demo are not there anymore.
Having said that - i wish Konami gave us an option to switch the foul replays off. Doesnt matter if I have 2 or 10 - they are really annoying and skip button is most in most awkward place they could pick.
Id rather have a skip button on TV remote than trying to find this bleeding Options button in the dark..

Wow. Just wow.

First off, my apologies for still not being caught up with this thread (still on page 104...) but I finally got to play the full game last night. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I pre-ordered from ShopTo (international delivery to Denmark) but never received it, so I ended up buying the digital version from PSN instead. A little bit higher price, I know, but I like the convenience of not having to change discs in the PS4. I switch between games regularly and having to get up, find the disc, change them, find the cover for the game I took out the of the PS4, bla bla, all is a bit of a hassle - first world problems, I know :LOL:

Bit of a tangent here, forgive me, but why are digital copies of games (and movies for that matter) almost always more expensive than their digital counterpart?!? It's been like this since the conception of digital copies of media and I never understood, why? That's not entirely true, I'm fully aware that it's a question of demand but how come we as consumers continue to accept this? It must be significantly more cost effective for any distributor to circumvent physical distribution entirely, with all the logistics and middle men this entails, than just storing it on a server and distributing it, so why does this result in a higher price for the end consumer?!? Again, I'm sorry for the massive tangent but this continues to piss me off to no end... :MAD::RANT::CENSOR:

Back on topic: Last night I fired the game up (I spent half an hour the night before just installing the PES Universe OF and get everything up and running but didn't get to play a single match. It was late and I was determined to experience the game having time to really dig in the first time so I had to show massive constraint :NONO::SMUG:) and I dove straight into a World Cup with Denmark. It's my national team and I know most of the players (I'm not really a football nerd or even a casual sports fan, so I don't really follow real life club football and players that much) so I knew what to expect in terms of player individuality. On top of that I've always thought PES plays it's best in Cup mode since the days when Master League was just a casual, very "japanese", after thought to the PES/ISS experience. It's also the mode I usually play co-op with my mate for late night gaming sessions, so I need it to play well.

And oh my god did it play well. Dare I say, even better than the demo! I know it's not exactly a popular sentiment around these parts but I can honestly say that I enjoyed the flow of gameplay much more in the full game (fully updated, since it's the digital version) than I did in the demo. I played about 40 matches on the demo, most of them on Top Player and almost all of them using one of the South American teams. I saw much more pass and shot variety (I'm playing Professional, 12 min match length, PA1, Basic, Basic) than I did in the demo. I even enjoyed the foul system more in the full game. The ref was (largely) making the right calls at the right time during my play session and through the entire World Cup, which I won so that means 8 games (right?!?) the AI was given 5-6 yellow cards and plenty of fouls - when they were rightfully fouls. I also didn't feel that defending was to easy - I still have to time my challenge right or the ref will blow the whistle. In fact, the AI was awarded a penalty in one of the matches for a mistimed standing tackle I did in the box. Looked marvelous and definitely didn't feel cheated. Besides, even though they scored on that penalty, I still won the game.

I also saw plenty of randomness during play and freedom of ball movement. Only once or twice during the 9 or so matches I played (I also started a ML and played a single match, more on this later) did I have problems with players not reacting to a loose ball and not being able to select the closest player. It's annoying for sure, but in no means a game breaker for me. PES has always had little bugs like this and while I would love for the devs to fix things like this it's never stopped me from enjoying a PES game...

Lastly, I also didn't have trouble with dribbling mechanics. Mind you, I haven't played PES since '15 or '16 on PS3 so I have no idea how dribbling has worked in the last 3-4 iterations of the game but I really like how it works in this game. I felt comfortable taking small touches with the R stick, changing pace, trying to outsmart defenders on the wing and so on. Just as much as I did in the demo, if not even more so. Maybe it's because it feels a little more 'arcade' in the full game, I'm not exactly sure, but I like the flow. I'm not concerned with having the game be a 'simulation' (in my mind it was never meant to be, neither would it be possible unless we were all willing to play 90 min matches all the time and I certainly don't have the attention span - or time available - for that). I just want to play an enjoyable footy game that looks and feels like a real game would on tv without all the boring stuff :BLUSH:

Like I said, I also started up an ML and this year, for the first time ever, I'll be playing a Fantasy ML with my own kits, emblem and sponsors based upon the classic Master League defaults that TheMidniteKid put op over at PES Universe:
https://www.pesuniverse.com/pes-united-pes-2020/
It was surprisingly easy to design my own kits using PESMaster, design my own emblem using PowerPoint, getting new sponsor logos using pngguru.com and editing all this in Paint 3D that came with my Windows 10 and is a brilliant and easy to use upgrade to Paint that works really well for this kind of thing. I've always felt that PNG images was a chore to edit and get right using GIMP or something similar, Paint 3D is soooo much easier, highly recommend it. Anyway, I'll most likely be starting a post in the ML stories thread about this ML so I won't go to much into detail here (I know what you're thinking: Too late!!! :EMB::WHISTLE:) but just say that I like the look and feel of ML so far. I'm not a huge fan of the cut scenes and I will probably skip most of them but I like the idea of setting goals for the team and seeing the achievement of those goals be commented in the overview screen. For instance, I said that we would focus on playing 'clean' football, which I usually do anyway, and when I had very little fouls in the first game, it felt like the game mechanics reacted positively to me achieving the goal I set. Whether or not this has a positive influence on either the fan base or more importantly the team spirit, I don't know, but I really, really hope so. Because that would actually be a very cool game mechanic. Much more so than special boots and water bottles... :CONFUSE:;))

Please remember through all of this that I'm not in any way trying to disprove or even question those of you who feel that the game is much worse off in version 1.1.0.1 or whatever compared to the demo or version 1.0 or even those that claim that everything is too scripted (heck, I'm on professional only and have only played a single match in ML, I might be condemned by the AI any minute...). I just wanted to share my experience and say that this is definitely the best footy game I've ever played (I regularly try out 'that other game' and am never impressed enough to want to play it over any extended period of time) and even the best PES I've ever played. And I played PES3-6 hundreds of hours. Each (don't judge, I was 'studying' at the time and had a room mate who loved PES as much as me...:WASTED:). I only wanted to share my thoughts since the posts I've read in this thread before playing the game myself had me very worried that they'd ruined the great experience from the demo (like they've done plenty of times before, even 4 or 5 years ago) but I was very pleasantly surprised. And I don't want any new players in here thinking that things are necessarily as bad as this thread would have you believe. I'd much rather that people played the game for themselves and made up their own mind. I'm glad I did. My personal opinion is that I hope they don't revert this game to anything. I like it just the way it is and if they only correct those small things they mentioned on facebook, like loose balls and whatever, that would be just fine by me.

Sorry for all the tangents and ramblings, but I love reading you guys' posts on here so I thought I'd give a little back for once.

TL;DR: I'm loving this game!!!

P.S.:
Quite often.
Specially on aerial balls (corner kicks, goal kicks, crosses, etc) and sometimes on through balls to try and cut while sprinting to get to the ball before the defender does.
I just use R2 in those aerial situations, seems to work fine as well. Not trying to say that Super Cancel isn't a great option as well, just saying that you don't necessarily have to use anything other than R2 to still be able to get in front of the opposing player on the header. Just a tip for any newbies out there :))

P.P.S: Is it possible to remove that little yellow card on top of a player who's been booked? It kind of breaks the immersion for me and takes away my focus. I'd still like to retain the cursor on my own player, if that's possible...

Professional is the only difficulty I am playing and this is for years.
Guess that´s why I´ve been more positive about the recent releases than most of the people here :P .
I did try Superstar once and it was awful. Sometimes also checked on top player and didn´t have much joy on it either.
So the way, KONAMI is leveling up difficulty levels seem to be the wrong way.

But yes, even on full manual and with better players (ML) it gets easy after some time.
I guess the best is, to accept any offer for a lower team or start a fresh ML again.

I´m still enjoying it and am at the end of my first ML season with Stoke City again.
I bought two fast players for the left and the right wing.
They have similar stats. While the left winger has a good team spirit, he performs really well and is able to outrun the defenders when timed the right way, the one on the right has a bad team spirit, there´s absolutely no color around him (that orange glow on the gameplan) and he can´t really outrun defenders and gets separated from the ball quite easily.
In other words: he sucks and I think of getting rid of him as his spirit doesn´t seem to grow.
Gotta say, I like that....that´s when TS comes in the right way.

Its amazing how people experiences might differ..
I have almost 180° opposite "issues", while trying to learn manual shooting on Stadium Cam.
Most of the time Im hitting the middle, or just missing the post. Finding it very difficult to precisely aim at the corner.
And last night I had 2 posts and a crossbar in one match..
:LOL:
But I have to say - manual shooting is really growing on me.

Wonder what are we doing
"wrong" and whats the reason behind it..?
It's not that those things never happen to me, but it really feels like many of my shots are getting pulled inside the post if my aim is just outside. That seems the only explanation to me as I know I'm not good enough to hit 5cm inside the post so often.

In the demo I often played a friend who was generally a far better manual player than me and dominated the games, but would have far less success with his shots than I did. Found out that he was holding L2 to get some help from the arrow for 99% of shots, which must override the assistance. It seems L2 overrides PA0 assistance as well so this would make sense.

It's stupid that the only way to play truly full manual is to tape down your L2 button. Why not just make it an option, instead of forcing random assistance on you even on the lowest assist settings? Such a Konami thing to do.

Agree, anchor works really well.

As does ‘centre target’ or whatever it’s called - will stop your striker running back to help out defence and conserve his stamina.
But isn’t anchor only to prevent shifting to the sides?!
Wasn’t the prob the CF drops back?!
Version 1.0 is giving me great rewards.
The physical balance is at its best and the body collision check is amazing.
Here is a match screen M.L. 10 min H.T. Top Player Speed -1 Custom tactics designed by me

I like the falli!! :D
They make up for me 2-4 matches. ;)

Agree, anchor works really well.

As does ‘centre target’ or whatever it’s called - will stop your striker running back to help out defence and conserve his stamina.

I don't want to waste an advanced instruction with Anchor, and i already use centering target.

the weird thing is tht my SS normall acts as the CF and the CF drops back to be a SS, so for whatever reason, they are swapping positions without my instruction to do so

I never had that many on 1.0.
Or - to put it better - I never had a thought that there was too many fouls in any games I played so far. Especially that stupid collision fouls from the demo are not there anymore.
Having said that - i wish Konami gave us an option to switch the foul replays off. Doesnt matter if I have 2 or 10 - they are really annoying and skip button is most in most awkward place they could pick.
Id rather have a skip button on TV remote than trying to find this bleeding Options button in the dark..

I know right the foul replays (I’ll do it myself if I smell something dodgy) then rant alone in the dark!
I use the Xbox one elite controller on my ps4pro with an attachment I bought, so don’t have that particular problem, anyhow loving 1.2.

But the guy with 30 fouls in 20 mins
That’s 135 fouls avg over a 90 minute game, surely no one wants that
what with the ball going out for throwings and corners I’m surprised he gets any gameplay :?
I don’t wanna revert back to that, sorry.

Wow. Just wow.

First off, my apologies for still not being caught up with this thread (still on page 104...) but I finally got to play the full game last night. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I pre-ordered from ShopTo (international delivery to Denmark) but never received it, so I ended up buying the digital version from PSN instead. A little bit higher price, I know, but I like the convenience of not having to change discs in the PS4. I switch between games regularly and having to get up, find the disc, change them, find the cover for the game I took out the of the PS4, bla bla, all is a bit of a hassle - first world problems, I know :LOL:

Bit of a tangent here, forgive me, but why are digital copies of games (and movies for that matter) almost always more expensive than their digital counterpart?!? It's been like this since the conception of digital copies of media and I never understood, why? That's not entirely true, I'm fully aware that it's a question of demand but how come we as consumers continue to accept this? It must be significantly more cost effective for any distributor to circumvent physical distribution entirely, with all the logistics and middle men this entails, than just storing it on a server and distributing it, so why does this result in a higher price for the end consumer?!? Again, I'm sorry for the massive tangent but this continues to piss me off to no end... :MAD::RANT::CENSOR:

Back on topic: Last night I fired the game up (I spent half an hour the night before just installing the PES Universe OF and get everything up and running but didn't get to play a single match. It was late and I was determined to experience the game having time to really dig in the first time so I had to show massive constraint :NONO::SMUG:) and I dove straight into a World Cup with Denmark. It's my national team and I know most of the players (I'm not really a football nerd or even a casual sports fan, so I don't really follow real life club football and players that much) so I knew what to expect in terms of player individuality. On top of that I've always thought PES plays it's best in Cup mode since the days when Master League was just a casual, very "japanese", after thought to the PES/ISS experience. It's also the mode I usually play co-op with my mate for late night gaming sessions, so I need it to play well.

And oh my god did it play well. Dare I say, even better than the demo! I know it's not exactly a popular sentiment around these parts but I can honestly say that I enjoyed the flow of gameplay much more in the full game (fully updated, since it's the digital version) than I did in the demo. I played about 40 matches on the demo, most of them on Top Player and almost all of them using one of the South American teams. I saw much more pass and shot variety (I'm playing Professional, 12 min match length, PA1, Basic, Basic) than I did in the demo. I even enjoyed the foul system more in the full game. The ref was (largely) making the right calls at the right time during my play session and through the entire World Cup, which I won so that means 8 games (right?!?) the AI was given 5-6 yellow cards and plenty of fouls - when they were rightfully fouls. I also didn't feel that defending was to easy - I still have to time my challenge right or the ref will blow the whistle. In fact, the AI was awarded a penalty in one of the matches for a mistimed standing tackle I did in the box. Looked marvelous and definitely didn't feel cheated. Besides, even though they scored on that penalty, I still won the game.

I also saw plenty of randomness during play and freedom of ball movement. Only once or twice during the 9 or so matches I played (I also started a ML and played a single match, more on this later) did I have problems with players not reacting to a loose ball and not being able to select the closest player. It's annoying for sure, but in no means a game breaker for me. PES has always had little bugs like this and while I would love for the devs to fix things like this it's never stopped me from enjoying a PES game...

Lastly, I also didn't have trouble with dribbling mechanics. Mind you, I haven't played PES since '15 or '16 on PS3 so I have no idea how dribbling has worked in the last 3-4 iterations of the game but I really like how it works in this game. I felt comfortable taking small touches with the R stick, changing pace, trying to outsmart defenders on the wing and so on. Just as much as I did in the demo, if not even more so. Maybe it's because it feels a little more 'arcade' in the full game, I'm not exactly sure, but I like the flow. I'm not concerned with having the game be a 'simulation' (in my mind it was never meant to be, neither would it be possible unless we were all willing to play 90 min matches all the time and I certainly don't have the attention span - or time available - for that). I just want to play an enjoyable footy game that looks and feels like a real game would on tv without all the boring stuff :BLUSH:

Like I said, I also started up an ML and this year, for the first time ever, I'll be playing a Fantasy ML with my own kits, emblem and sponsors based upon the classic Master League defaults that TheMidniteKid put op over at PES Universe:
https://www.pesuniverse.com/pes-united-pes-2020/
It was surprisingly easy to design my own kits using PESMaster, design my own emblem using PowerPoint, getting new sponsor logos using pngguru.com and editing all this in Paint 3D that came with my Windows 10 and is a brilliant and easy to use upgrade to Paint that works really well for this kind of thing. I've always felt that PNG images was a chore to edit and get right using GIMP or something similar, Paint 3D is soooo much easier, highly recommend it. Anyway, I'll most likely be starting a post in the ML stories thread about this ML so I won't go to much into detail here (I know what you're thinking: Too late!!! :EMB::WHISTLE:) but just say that I like the look and feel of ML so far. I'm not a huge fan of the cut scenes and I will probably skip most of them but I like the idea of setting goals for the team and seeing the achievement of those goals be commented in the overview screen. For instance, I said that we would focus on playing 'clean' football, which I usually do anyway, and when I had very little fouls in the first game, it felt like the game mechanics reacted positively to me achieving the goal I set. Whether or not this has a positive influence on either the fan base or more importantly the team spirit, I don't know, but I really, really hope so. Because that would actually be a very cool game mechanic. Much more so than special boots and water bottles... :CONFUSE:;))

Please remember through all of this that I'm not in any way trying to disprove or even question those of you who feel that the game is much worse off in version 1.1.0.1 or whatever compared to the demo or version 1.0 or even those that claim that everything is too scripted (heck, I'm on professional only and have only played a single match in ML, I might be condemned by the AI any minute...). I just wanted to share my experience and say that this is definitely the best footy game I've ever played (I regularly try out 'that other game' and am never impressed enough to want to play it over any extended period of time) and even the best PES I've ever played. And I played PES3-6 hundreds of hours. Each (don't judge, I was 'studying' at the time and had a room mate who loved PES as much as me...:WASTED:). I only wanted to share my thoughts since the posts I've read in this thread before playing the game myself had me very worried that they'd ruined the great experience from the demo (like they've done plenty of times before, even 4 or 5 years ago) but I was very pleasantly surprised. And I don't want any new players in here thinking that things are necessarily as bad as this thread would have you believe. I'd much rather that people played the game for themselves and made up their own mind. I'm glad I did. My personal opinion is that I hope they don't revert this game to anything. I like it just the way it is and if they only correct those small things they mentioned on facebook, like loose balls and whatever, that would be just fine by me.

Sorry for all the tangents and ramblings, but I love reading you guys' posts on here so I thought I'd give a little back for once.

TL;DR: I'm loving this game!!!

P.S.:

I just use R2 in those aerial situations, seems to work fine as well. Not trying to say that Super Cancel isn't a great option as well, just saying that you don't necessarily have to use anything other than R2 to still be able to get in front of the opposing player on the header. Just a tip for any newbies out there :))

P.P.S: Is it possible to remove that little yellow card on top of a player who's been booked? It kind of breaks the immersion for me and takes away my focus. I'd still like to retain the cursor on my own player, if that's possible...
giphy.gif

I noticed your trial while catching up! :APPLAUD:

Now that you got the game it will be even tougher to catch up, I guess.
But have fun mate, be it playing or reading!!
:DANCE:

I don’t wanna revert back to that, sorry
And they wont, they already said it.
Thats why im sitting there last couple of days editing everything myself.
Like I said - I never had that many fouls and I absolutely love 1.0 gameplay.
One screenshot is not something you should be going by.

1. Not enough fouls
2. Too many fouls

Any answers appreciated.
No, they're very realistic numbers.
You know, I hope that in 20 virtual minutes the engine simulates a whole game of 90 minutes.
It's not always like that: the average fouls I get from the cpu is around 10/11

Glad to hear it, pal. Thats all that matters.
Only bad news that I got for you is that I dont think you will ever catch up on this thread.. ;) :LOL:

:D

BTW: Is there a way on this forum to reset which post/page is the most recent for you? I find it difficult to always track back to the place I was in the thread once I've read a more recent post. Like yours just now... :LOL:

:D

BTW: Is there a way on this forum to reset which post/page is the most recent for you? I find it difficult to always track back to the place I was in the thread once I've read a more recent post. Like yours just now... :LOL:

if you click the thread title it should take you where you were last, although now you've posted something it'll take you here i'm afraid

Back
Top Bottom