eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Why does a user who chooses to play as Liverpool have to support Liverpool, exactly? I don’t get that.

I think you are missing his point.
I am a Liverpool supporter, and Yes I will be at tonight's high profile Carabao cup match away in Milton keynes :SMUG:
but rarely ever use them if i ever venture online, which is rare.

Most people pick Liverpool because of their fast paced and skillful front 3. They direct pass from defence up to the front 3 and bypass midfield every single attack, its like a 6-0-3 formation.

I've come up against it before, its boring, and repetitive and the people that abuse teams like that are often the ones who play to win at all costs and behave like d1cks.

Perfect Post. 100%
'Gameplay is King' doesn't hold up anymore.
I've been saying this on various forums for years, that Konami never manage to delivery a polished product.
It's either gameplay is good, or Content is ok, theres never a well rounded 'finished' package.

They get so many little details wrong, thats its embarassing, to the point that I often wonder if the japanese actually understand football or the largely western culture that buys their products.

Yeah! It feels like it's down to lack of man-power like I said in my previous reply to you.
It feels like there are 10 japanese devs locked in there, pressured to death to accomplish tasks on schedule. And so they have to prioritise.
I'm sure PES would be incredibly good if they had the people they need for every task.

If you want to have better grass and turf textures, then hire someone speficially to create 200 pitch textures that you'll be using for the next 5 versions of the game.
Don't ask the one guy that makes the kits, the faces, the stadiums, the adboards, the logos, the menus, to create 200 pitch textures.

Slight off topic - also fully agree about stadiums in the other game. Sometimes I wondered playing Fifa - whats the point of having so many different stadiums in EPL, when they all look so similar? I honestly had a feeling I was playing on the same one quite often.
Atmosphere is a whole different discussion, but stadiums are amazing on Pes.
But at least those are real stadiums and add to the authenticity of having the leagues license in the game.

The bigger gripe for me in BOTH games is when you have dozens of European leagues that don't really have anything going for it that makes it feel culturally like the league you're playing in. Konami stadiums, Generic faces and default scoreboards really offer little incentive to try out the Scottish, Chilean and Russian leagues.

I think you are missing his point.
I am a Liverpool supporter, and Yes I will be at tonight's high profile Carabao cup match away in Milton keynes :SMUG:
but rarely ever use them if i ever venture online, which is rare.

Most people pick Liverpool because of their fast paced and skillful front 3. They direct pass from defence up to the front 3 and bypass midfield every single attack, its like a 6-0-3 formation.

I've come up against it before, its boring, and repetitive and the people that abuse teams like that are often the ones who play to win at all costs and behave like d1cks.
But this is what you get with online play. You very rarely get people who just want to play a competitive battle, they just want to beat you, humiliate you, so of course they pick the team with the fastest players, it’s a no brainier sadly. People just want to feel superior against opposition and the majority don’t care how that is achieved. But I don’t see why you have to be a Liverpool supporter to use them. Teams that people support aren’t even in the game. If I wanted to pick the team I supported, well.. I’d have quite a bit of trouble doing so.

The official statement was that it was a licensing issue, and EA were getting heavy on them providing tools that allowed the user to make realistic looking stadia as they owned the licensing to alot of stadiums.
However, this was complete and utter total 'cover your ass' bullshit.

There were no licensing issues, how do you think 2k get away with their extensive CaW customisation options for their WWE games?
It was purely a case that the stadium editor was in PES 12 (and maybe PES13?) then they changed over to the new fox engine for PES 14, all the assets for the stadium editor, the 3d models of parts of the stadium, etc etc were not compatible and couldn't be carried across, so they removed it, and blamed the licensing.
They have never ever bothered to put any effort into rebuilding it within FOX.
Agreed, it's major BS.

Because how come Konami let us edit all of the Premier League, LaLiga kits etc when EA Sports also own the rights to that?

It's just excuses from Konami. We've been stuck with the awful Konami Stadium and Rose Park Stadium (which is used for so many teams if you've got a Premier League/SkyBet save in ML) and I'm absoutely fed up with playing at them now.

Even PES5/6 had more EPL stadiums as they used to include fake versions of real stadiums like (if I remember the names correctly) Trad Brick, Magpie Park, Red Cauldron, Blue Bridge and I think Highbury had a fake equivalent as well.

So almost 15 years ago you had more stadium variety than what you get now playing in England, where you have Old Trafford, The Emirates and play every other sodding match at Konami Stadium or Rose Park...

@xPJRx Are you 100% there was an actual official statement?.
I think that was all he say she say.

There probably wasn't an official statement because a) konami dont communicate and b) They are not likely to come out and say " we cant move the assets to a new engine, and cant be bothered to rebuild them as we'd rather change the colours of MyClub cards instead"

The licensing excuse came from sources close to Konami, so take it as you will.
Doesn't require much intellect to work out which of the 2 reasons is more probable though.

I don't think it's flipping the pyramid. I can't pick elements apart.
It's 2019. We have virtual reality. We're on the verge of having flying cars.
We have open-world games that render millions of elements as you move, in 4K quality, entire cities (maps) in real-time without a sweat and they look insanely good and realistic. With everything that envolves (people walking, cars passing by, planes flying across the sky, etc).

Games need to be judged as a package. Personally (and don't mean to offend you) I'm tired of seeing or reading things like "gameplay is all that matters". You're not paying $5 for gameplay, $5 for graphics, $5 for broadcast package, etc. You're paying $50 (at the very least) for a package.

Back in the PS2 days, I wouldn't even stop and say "hmm... I'd like the turf to be more detailed, or greener" or whatever. It wouldn't even cross my mind. But it's not 2004 anymore.

I want photo-realistic graphics, with tons of options.
And I want a gameplay that tries to simulate football the best way possible, as complex as it is, with tons of options to customize it as well.

It's 2019.

No offence taken but in my defence gameplay is king, still, to me. But that's purely semantics and not to say it's everything, and I agree wholeheartedly that we should be entitled to the complete package in 2019.

Today I have played PES 2020, PES 3 and Sensible World of Soccer '96/'97. Just to mix it up, like. To use an oh-so-hazy term as playability, to have the most recent of the three as bottom of my pile is astonishing.

FAO: all - the foul count in my three SWoS games averaged out as four. :LOL:

I’d actually not noticed these apparent overpowered free kicks in the few weeks that I’ve played, Pogba has hit the wall, same with De Bruyne, Eriksen etc etc..

Then I played Hibernian.

Some S.O.B for them popped 2 piledrivers into opposite corners, both from at least 25 yards, in the same game, in the space of 10 minutes. No words.

I’d actually not noticed these apparent overpowered free kicks in the few weeks that I’ve played, Pogba has hit the wall, same with De Bruyne, Eriksen etc etc..

Then I played Hibernian.

Some S.O.B for them popped 2 piledrivers into opposite corners, both from at least 25 yards, in the same game, in the space of 10 minutes. No words.

To be fair, if it was Stevie Mallan, he can hit them!

Is it just me or is there a difference in fluidity per match?
Might have something to do with form arrows, or the grass being long...or wet?

Definately not as loose and fluid as the demo, but not bad either.
I'm on professional and the cpu passes the ball around a lot, makes me think of FIFA 16.

They also dribble against me, I had Kluivert tango by 3 of my defenders, giving a great cross to the stiker who headed against the crossbar.
Sound and commentary is dreadfull as usual, makes your ears bleed.

Other than that i'm happy with my purchase. I know it's the honeymoon but sofar so good.

Waiting for a patch that will hopefully not screw things up, and a good option file.

You guys bashing online (rightfully so btw) should give PA0 Online divisions a go if you haven't.

People tend to use smaller teams and play somewhat more realistic even though I have noticed that the high ranked players still tries to win at all costs most of the time. They don't have as many exploits to use in comparison with PA1-3 though.

Quick question regarding Legend difficulty to those using it.. DO you feel it is less "cheaty" than superstar? Im looking for the AI to play smarter without just relying in turning a division 2 team into Barcelona. Lately Ive been bouncing off Pro, TP and Superstar and have an impression TP is a little cheaty

Agreed, it's major BS.

Because how come Konami let us edit all of the Premier League, LaLiga kits etc when EA Sports also own the rights to that?

It's just excuses from Konami. We've been stuck with the awful Konami Stadium and Rose Park Stadium (which is used for so many teams if you've got a Premier League/SkyBet save in ML) and I'm absoutely fed up with playing at them now.

And even the Rose Park Stadium has italian signboards which makes it even worse if you are trying to get some element of authenticity for an EPL game.

Quick question regarding Legend difficulty to those using it.. DO you feel it is less "cheaty" than superstar? Im looking for the AI to play smarter without just relying in turning a division 2 team into Barcelona. Lately Ive been bouncing off Pro, TP and Superstar and have an impression TP is a little cheaty

I'm looking for the same answer... But first I had to find out to unlock this difficulty. I don't get it...

So, what's the thing with shooting? I reverted back to basic yesterday. I can't, for the love of my life, hit anything that's not eh post or the goalkeeper con advanced. I don't like manual either...

Am I missing something going back to basic? I care much more about simulation than gamer input. Is basic the way to go for me or should I keep trying with advanced? Same for the through ball.

I'm seeing far too much weird stuff happening in PES 2020, more than previous years. The scripting (or whatever you want to call it) is really something.

So, what's the thing with shooting? I reverted back to basic yesterday. I can't, for the love of my life, hit anything that's not eh post or the goalkeeper con advanced. I don't like manual either...

Am I missing something going back to basic? I care much more about simulation than gamer input. Is basic the way to go for me or should I keep trying with advanced? Same for the through ball.
Advanced through ball makes zero sense to me. I quite like advanced shooting though, I have no idea what I’m supposed to do, but you get quite a bit of variety in shots. Just be prepared to miss open goals from six yards out by smacking the cross bar..

Advanced through ball makes zero sense to me. I quite like advanced shooting though, I have no idea what I’m supposed to do, but you get quite a bit of variety in shots. Just be prepared to miss open goals from six yards out by smacking the cross bar..

That's the thing. I don't mind missing goals if it's realistic. But those floaty shots that go to the cross bar with a 95 shot accuracy player... I hate it.

That's the thing. I don't mind missing goals if it's realistic. But those floaty shots that go to the cross bar with a 95 shot accuracy player... I hate it.
Yeah those are weird. It’s probably worth doing some homework on how you’re supposed to use it. I should do that too, but cba right now, haha

Just opened up a ML Top Player Spurs 20mins.

When the CPU wants to score it will - same crap as 2019.

Pure digital rabies.

After taking time to edit EPL tactics, to say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Had to switch off.

Starting to like it more and more.
I do see some annoyances from the past, like fouls not given, and the cpu making me stumble.
But seeing a lot of good stuff too.

Nice animations, cpu passing the ball around, harder to close passing lanes...i like it. Defending needs more work now.
I can't dribble for the life of me, and keep making the wrong choices.

Did win a lot of games though, one of them a great derby Besiktas - Fenerbahce. 3-0 win but a lot of chances for cpu as well.
And just when i got a little bit of confidence...i got beaten 2-0 in a Holland (me) Belgium game.

Love it.
Going to try that erasing of the deep defensive line for the cpu teams, see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom