eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

And what about against the CPU? It wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a different code for multiplayer and single player games. Like single player is all about a slower methodical approach and using your brain, whereas multiplayer is more like a basketball game, where it’s more open and just “you attack, now my turn, now you etc etc”, resembling a FIFA multiplayer game, in order to appeal to people who regularly play games like that.
is this guy for real?

ill leave it for the mods to decide, wont engage lol

Well I’m close to uninstalling. I can’t get over the mess online is and it’s getting worse by the game.

Yet another match where I’m clean in front of goal, pressing to shoot and my striker does nothing.

Further into the game, clean through on goal, body checked putting my player off balance and ball runs to keeper. Nothing given.

It’s pointless.

That’s me lost 160 in my rating since yesterday, can’t do anything to stop it either.

Am I missing something here?
What did he say that it offended you so much?

hes clearly making a backhanded dig that online players all fifa loving noobs who just attack with reckless abandonment and love pinball whilst offline are cultured lovers of the beautiful game

if i was to say offline players in my experience have poor social habits and find it hard to make friends to play multiplayer with so prefer to play 1 player for way too many healthy hours a day i imagine that wouldn't go down well!

hes clearly making a backhanded dig that online players all fifa loving noobs who just attack with reckless abandonment and love pinball whilst offline are cultured lovers of the beautiful game

if i was to say offline players in my experience have poor social habits and find it hard to make friends to play multiplayer with so prefer to play 1 player for way too many healthy hours a day i imagine that wouldn't go down well!

I think you're being too sensitive and reading too much between the lines.
I read his comment and he didn't say anything offensive. He's simply stating what he thinks online gaming is all about in PES and the other game. Which I even agree. "You attack, now it's my turn, now it's yours, etc". End to end football.

So please relax a little bit. Not eveything NEEDS a fight or a heated debate or an action from the mods.

You've really has inferred a lot from a far less controversial comment. This sounds like it's more about your insecurity than his bias.

PS. Doubling down by insulting people with the old 'If I was to say' line (thinking that means you can get away with saying 'I didn't actually say it') probably isn't best advised.

Well I’m close to uninstalling. I can’t get over the mess online is and it’s getting worse by the game.

Yet another match where I’m clean in front of goal, pressing to shoot and my striker does nothing.

Further into the game, clean through on goal, body checked putting my player off balance and ball runs to keeper. Nothing given.

It’s pointless.

That’s me lost 160 in my rating since yesterday, can’t do anything to stop it either.

y'know how people try to edit the offline game to get better gameplay?

you can't edit the online game so you have a couple of option : don't play, accept it, or change your approach.

i think (I may be wrong) MyClub has potential provide tools for a good online game if approached correctly (see here for an idea I once had https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/evo-web-ps4-myclub-for-mature-gamers-only-idea-proposition.80483/ )

As an online game with randoms, I have to agree that the whole thing is pointless.

Imagine getting to the top of MyClub rankings. You say "yes!!! I did it!!" but nobody gives a toss except the guys in the top 10-100 other nutcases who are after your place.

ok this is good if we can be honest, i have said my bit on boring 1 player modes

local human vs human is not you attack,they attack, because humans can decide to play any way they want

i feel sorry for those that have no humans to play with that also love pes.

You bitch..

I mean it wasn’t a dig at online players at all, it’s more trying to get into the mindset of the developers at PES.

I’ve stated before that I don’t play online PES, so I’m not really sure how it plays, but I have played online FIFA over the years and from my experience on there and from seeing clips from others, I’ve seen patterns. I’m not saying everyone does this or make a random statistic that 95% (;))) of people do this, but how do a lot of Fifa players play online? They sprint down the wings, they execute silly amounts of tricks that would pull the hamstring of the majority of players and they launch through balls over the top to their fast strikers because they know it’s a surefire tactic to get one over their opponent.

But come August, Fifa players notice a new game with superior graphics has a demo out. They’re excited. Finally a game that looks real. But then they play it and what happens? They dislike it because it’s much slower, it’s much harder to perform 360 handstands while balancing on one finger and you can’t really launch through balls over the top with ease.. so it doesn’t appeal to them.

So what I’m saying is that maybe they’ve noticed this at PES and tried to provide an experience that’s similar to Fifa, so that they can drag people away from that other game and get them to stay because the contrast isn’t as evident. Is that really so far fetched?

No, my god you’re right, I’m awful.

But come August, Fifa players notice a new game with superior graphics has a demo out. They’re excited. Finally a game that looks real.

I do wish this myth would stop being peddaled. Nothing about PES looks real, it's just slower and that's about it. It looks like a cartoon football game these days with it's super bright colour palettes and yellow pitches. Plus the player faces look ridiculous when they're celebrating a goal or 'singing' the national anthems.

I do wish this myth would stop being peddaled. Nothing about PES looks real, it's just slower and that's about it. It looks like a cartoon football game these days with it's super bright colour palettes and yellow pitches. Plus the player faces look ridiculous when they're celebrating a goal or 'singing' the national anthems.

Well... FOX Engine is a 5 years old engine afterall.
Looked great in PES 2014. And it looked great when PS4 Pro came out and PES 2017 had a very special treatment on that console. But after that... it's just screaming for a new engine.

So, they've got the Scottish Premiership rankings wrong. Just lost the league title on goal difference based on the five post-split fixtures as opposed to the whole 38 game season. I'm pretty sure it's not the only league in PES with a split. I'd imagine, then, that there are issues with them too.

In the other game over at EA this didn't happen. Instead what happened was if you were 2nd at the split, then won the league in the post split, the 1st placed team were awarded the title if they topped the table at week 33.

So they got the standings correct, but not the title. I don't know if they ever fixed that as I never lasted so long as to actually complete a whole season for a few years with the rotten games they released over the last few versions.

Sad to hear that PES hasn't been able to fully implement this either, as I play SPFL frequently and won the league or lost it well before the post split, so never noticed they buggered it up.

Well... FOX Engine is a 5 years old engine afterall.
Looked great in PES 2014. And it looked great when PS4 Pro came out and PES 2017 had a very special treatment on that console. But after that... it's just screaming for a new engine.
Completely agree mate. I loved how PES 2014 looked. Even some of the older PES games were far better looking than the review sites gave them credit for.

But I can't get over how ugly PES 2020 is. It's an eyesore at times, the colours and lighting are all over the place. Like you say, a new engine is a must now.

It's neither a myth or a fact. It's just an opinion.
You don't need to get your claws out every time someone has an opinion different from yours...

Amused me reading the online comments.
I'll say it how it is, I always do, and i firmly believe 90% of online players are teenagers who just want end to end, non-stop, frantic 'fun' game play, they are the same people that rage quit when you score, that pass the ball between GK and defender for 60 in game mins when they are one nil up, the same people that do keepy uppies wit their keeper, the same people that message you after a match to say 'L053r!!!', the same people that played the demo, didnt wanna learn how to defend and time tackles right, just held pressure clamp, then complained when 20 fouls a game were given, the same people who then complained via twitter and social media to Konami that fouls were broken, and Konami with the balls of a new born baby, ie tiny ones, panicked, as I said 2 months ago they would do, and completely rebuffed the fouls.

Fouls needed balancing, but instead what we got was a nerfing, ML went untouched for years (could argue this year too) all because of online play and their demands, the whole single player side of gaming suffer to this day because of kids who buy lootboxes, card packs, and play online, its an instant gratification society where the aim is to purely play not for enjoyment, but to win at all costs, if you cant win then cheat and if that isnt working, quit !!!

Simple as that and I don't care if anyone is offended by that comment, its fact.

**Note I said 90% of online, the other 10% are a decent bunch who want to play good proper football, and behave decently, but unfortunately they are far outnumbered by the kids.

Amused me reading the online comments.
I'll say it how it is, I always do, and i firmly believe 90% of online players are teenagers who just want end to end, non-stop, frantic 'fun' game play, they are the same people that rage quit when you score, that pass the ball between GK and defender for 60 in game mins when they are one nil up, the same people that do keepy uppies wit their keeper, the same people that message you after a match to say 'L053r!!!', the same people that played the demo, didnt wanna learn how to defend and time tackles right, just held pressure clamp, then complained when 20 fouls a game were given, the same people who then complained via twitter and social media to Konami that fouls were broken, and Konami with the balls of a new born baby, ie tiny ones, panicked, as I said 2 months ago they would do, and completely rebuffed the fouls.

Fouls needed balancing, but instead what we got was a nerfing, ML went untouched for years (could argue this year too) all because of online play and their demands, the whole single player side of gaming suffer to this day because of kids who buy lootboxes, card packs, and play online, its an instant gratification society where the aim is to purely play not for enjoyment, but to win at all costs, if you cant win then cheat and if that isnt working, quit !!!

Simple as that and I don't care if anyone is offended by that comment, its fact.

**Note I said 90% of online, the other 10% are a decent bunch who want to play good proper football, and behave decently, but unfortunately they are far outnumbered by the kids.

It's going to be difficult for anyone to disagree with your post mate. Online is toxic, not just in football gaming but in multiplayer gaming generally. Always has been, always will be.

That being said, some of my favourite moments in gaming has been with a group of like minded gamer friends in group chat. I do enjoy it if the setting is right.

For real now? If I think animations and body models are (mostly) beautiful I'm pushing a myth?

I’d have agreed with you regarding the luminous pitches a few days ago, but I did some research into tv settings and have managed to find a nice balance. Originally I thought it was a problem with the HDR feature because the PS recordings just look awful with it applied, but it was more to do with my tv setting being set to “standard” or “vivid”. Granted, night games still look like they’re all played in South America, but the day matches are spectacular.

We’re in agreement with the faces though, it’s like their mouth is a separate entity to their face.

Now THAT was out of place. Apologise to him.

Another one like that and you'll break a new record.
Registered 2 days ago and BOOM! Gone...

Also, stop mentioning FIFA in this thread.
i doubt he will apologise but im just glad i was proven right about him

ill put him on ignore if he does it again rather than fued on forum

thanks

I mean, if he was saying that he is not wrong. 90% of my opponents since I started playing online in 2013 have been spammy, win at all costs merchants with little regard for real life football tactics, gameplay or style. Unfortunately that's what online is and sadly those that just want to play actual football (like myself) online are so few and far between we might as well be a dying breed. It's a sad fact that most online matches are either pa3 ping pong fests or pa3 through ball spams to 4 strikers and all the defenders set up an inch from the goal line..

For example, a typical online formation, and this is one of the less shitty ones. Would love if konami implemented myclub style locked formations in all online game modes to stop this crap.20190924_174418.jpg

I’d have agreed with you regarding the luminous pitches a few days ago, but I did some research into tv settings and have managed to find a nice balance. Originally I thought it was a problem with the HDR feature because the PS recordings just look awful with it applied, but it was more to do with my tv setting being set to “standard” or “vivid”. Granted, night games still look like they’re all played in South America, but the day matches are spectacular.

We’re in agreement with the faces though, it’s like their mouth is a separate entity to their face.

Steve, you've contradicted yourself mate, I assume all other games you play, tv shows you watch and movies all look fine on your Tv? The fact you are having to change your otherwise perfect Tv settings just to accommodate PES is proof that the colour palettes and lighting is way way off.

You should change the in-game brightness and contrast to your preference, if that still looks no good, then further proof that PES is off.

Also, HDR ON does make PES uploads and captures look appalling, why?? because of PES's way off colour pallette and luxe settings, no other games look washed out and over saturated on my 65" 4K QLED Tv, running on PS4 Pro, FIFA looks fine, Detroit looks amazing, RDR2 looks sublime, just PES thats off.

i doubt he will apologise but im just glad i was proven right about him

ill put him on ignore if he does it again rather than fued on forum

thanks
Wait.. surely you don’t think my comment was genuine? :BLINK: I was being facetious.

It’s a quirk, indulge me.

I mean, if he was saying that he is not wrong. 90% of my opponents since I started playing online in 2013 have been spammy, win at all costs merchants with little regard for real life football tactics, gameplay or style. Unfortunately that's what online is and sadly those that just want to play actual football (like myself) online are so few and far between we might as well be a dying breed. It's a sad fact that most online matches are either pa3 ping pong fests or pa3 through ball spams to 4 strikers and all the defenders set up an inch from the goal line..

For example, a typical online formation, and this is one of the less shitty ones. Would love if konami implemented myclub style locked formations in all online game modes to stop this crap.View attachment 20653
oh yes that one player you took screenshot of represents all...

regardless of course there are spammers online, it doesnt change fact if you play with a like minded person you are not gonna get that, using it as an excuse for kick off goals or last min goals doesnt wash. this is what the original debate was of course

on pes 13 you could counter crazy spammers, i use to stop the OP throughball by man marking their strikers or playing sweeper etc, you could get joy from a well excecuted game plan

since pes 14 onwards its all scripted, if the game decides its time for a goal then by god its time for a goal! scripting may have always existed but since pes 14 its been blatantly influencing results

Steve, you've contradicted yourself mate, I assume all other games you play, tv shows you watch and movies all look fine on your Tv? The fact you are having to change your otherwise perfect Tv settings just to accommodate PES is proof that the colour palettes and lighting is way way off.

You should change the in-game brightness and contrast to your preference, if that still looks no good, then further proof that PES is off.
See I thought that, but I watch my tv on HDMI1 and play my games on HDMI2, it adjusts the settings automatically, so I’m not using the same settings for tv and gaming. I think my tv settings could be better to be honest, but I’m not prepared to mess with it, in case I do really mess it up haha.

It’s definitely a game that’s powerful with colours, but there are ways you can control it to make it look better and less harsh.

For real now? If I think animations and body models are (mostly) beautiful I'm pushing a myth?
No, you're not pushing a myth saying that. If you read my post again...

fifa players notice a new game with superior graphics

This is the myth. No FIFA players that I know say "Wow look at the graphics on PES, they're superior I must buy it!"

Back
Top Bottom