eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Look at the state of MyClub in recent years. I used to play it but the scripting has completely ruined it, let alone the boring grinding required.

You get a good squad together, get a couple of star strikers and start putting wins together. Then the game decides your star striker can no longer control the ball when played to his feet. Your midfield general can no longer make a pass. It’s all nonsense and it’s all interference from the game. Now I refuse to touch MyClub.

Divisions is generally fine apart from the lack of players as it takes a while to find a game and you find yourself playing the same players fairly regularly. Konamis refusal to be able to select a certain maximum star rating for teams to go against is criminal.

You’re right - I refuse to believe anyone that says they get 3-5 fouls every game in Master League. How 99% of people on twitter etc all complain about the same issue yet we’ve got 3 people here who say they get lots of fouls every game? Sorry but I’m extremely sceptical.
They have a special version of the game, its called the BS Edition :)

*Jokes

The way this thread continues to go in last few days, it may be time to release some people back into the internet.

Please discuss the game, but stop dissecting each other.

When you've been playing PES and been on forums a few years you get to realise the arguments are a by-product of this "game" which requires a degree in computing to bring it to an expected standard.

I'd love to get a degree but I spent all my cash on PES.

I was livid when full time went and I saw my players slumped on the turf. Goal difference over 38 games was more than 20 better than the 'champions'. It's bad enough that the SFA hand titles to Rangers, not Konami too. [runs away, hides]
If you check the competitions rules in edit mode or in ML, it states what goes first, goal difference, between matches, best attack etc. Have you checked if in the game description it is stated clearly what goes first as a priority?

Look at the state of MyClub in recent years. I used to play it but the scripting has completely ruined it, let alone the boring grinding required.

You get a good squad together, get a couple of star strikers and start putting wins together. Then the game decides your star striker can no longer control the ball when played to his feet. Your midfield general can no longer make a pass. It’s all nonsense and it’s all interference from the game. Now I refuse to touch MyClub.

Divisions is generally fine apart from the lack of players as it takes a while to find a game and you find yourself playing the same players fairly regularly. Konamis refusal to be able to select a certain maximum star rating for teams to go against is criminal.
i find divisions does the exact same scripting you described,especially when you are close to promotion with lots of games to clinch it. nothing dramatic about promotion with 5 games to go i guess

If you check the competitions rules in edit mode or in ML, it states what goes first, goal difference, between matches, best attack etc. Have you checked if in the game description it is stated clearly what goes first as a priority?

Yeah it just says points then goal difference. Nothing to clarify whether it's goal difference over all 38 games (like real life) or the five games after the split.

Every year Konami put put a demo which people generally like. They then release the full game which has completely changed.

Every bleeding year.

I always think it takes at least 50 games to see PES properly. Every year without fail the first 20-30 sucks you in and you think it’s brilliant. Then it changes completely. I am not playing the same game I was last week.

Why are players form changing from match to match? Surely this should be weekly as per the updates?

I was just using Spurs again because I’m fed up playing against Liverpool every single match. Spurs have A form at the moment yet my players felt like they had superglue on their feet and this was from the start of the game.

Player switching seems to work fine offline and is clearly improved but online is still and absolute cluster.

I’m really frustrated. I don’t care about getting beat when it’s by a clearly better player. But when games are being decided on issues I have no control over, like fouls not being given, players unable to run, button presses being ignored then I just don’t see the point.

I am angry with myself for buying this game yet again.

I think I’ve found an answer to your comment about the demo being different :!......don’t play the demo.
:COOPZ: Thank you, thank you, milks the applause :WORSHIP:

you jest but for years i was told on forums like this that i was just a sore loser and maybe i just need to practice more cos no such thing as scripting lol

A few years back when PES was going through it’s really bad spell, I went to FIFA for a couple of years. I got banned from the official forums for trying to discuss its issues.

No swearing, no bullying, nothing derogatory but I got banned. You are not allowed to discuss scripting in Fifa even though there are hundreds of videos on YouTube showing it.

It’s hilarious.

you jest but for years i was told on forums like this that i was just a sore loser and maybe i just need to practice more cos no such thing as scripting lol
Well, to be fair, scripting isn't what is happening these days (if at all). Quite a few years back, people described it as scripting as they felt that a literal AI script would run to ensure an exact goal was scored. However, what has been happening, at least for quite a few years has been a sort of two-way handicapping of player stats. Be it boosting one team or restricting another (like inflated pace/strength) on the higher difficulty levels. It's not 'scripting'. That just appears to be the name some have given it and it's stuck. On the really easy levels you can apparently see it boosting human teams against the AI as well!

So, they've got the Scottish Premiership rankings wrong. Just lost the league title on goal difference based on the five post-split fixtures as opposed to the whole 38 game season. I'm pretty sure it's not the only league in PES with a split. I'd imagine, then, that there are issues with them too.
This isn’t an issue for me.. because I’m already 20 points behind :TU:

Well, to be fair, scripting isn't what is happening these days (if at all). Quite a few years back, people described it as scripting as they felt that a literal AI script would run to ensure an exact goal was scored. However, what has been happening, at least for quite a few years has been a sort of two-way handicapping of player stats. Be it boosting one team or restricting another (like inflated pace/strength) on the higher difficulty levels. It's not 'scripting'. That just appears to be the name some have given it and it's stuck. On the really easy levels you can apparently see it boosting human teams against the AI as well!

its still scripting

inf;uencing a goal is changing the script of the match

artifical drama ergh

Its pointless discussion, really.
Scripting, handicapping, AI boosts - whatever you call it - was always there on Pes. Always.
Only difference is - back in the day we could AIM our frustration at someone, due to huge differences between players.
How many times you were cursing at Zidane, or Roberto Carlos, or some other player, who in a crucial moment fired a missile that was impossible to block or save?
Recent years player individuality got flat as a pancake (pes20 is somewhat better in this regard) , so the whole AI team was getting crazy, laser passing and going through your defenders.
If you are buying Pes - AI boosts are part of the game and you have to accept it.
Unless its so blatant in your face, like it was on Pes19. Then you just have to put the game on the shelf and hope spiders will eat it.

its still scripting

inf;uencing a goal is changing the script of the match

artifical drama ergh

The big difference is people back then literally believed the goal was guaranteed i.e. scripted. It was not, as you could still influence the game and prevent the goal, it just suddenly became much harder at moments. if it was truly 'scripted' it would be impossible to stop. Just like you can still win on the higher difficulty levels, but the handicapping makes it much harder (and became a grind for me).

Yes, it's semantics, giving the understanding we now have and what people really mean when using the term (that's how language changes). However, back then the belief was that something different was happening than what is actually happening now.

I’ve been very close to being “the boy who cries scripting” a few times in the last few weeks, but I really don’t think it’s the case now. It feels like scripting and it feels like the game is against you, when in actuality it’s just my David Luiz masterclass of defending.

Scripting is literally a magnet style goal dragging the ball towards the goal, that doesn’t happen this year. The first few months of 2019 were a scripting mess, with the inevitable low cross and finish from the CPU.. not seen that this year either (thank god).

I probably should have done this last year, because maybe it would’ve changed the game, but adjusting the tactics in game plan does wonders for this game, it completely reinvents it. No idea who creates the game plans for these teams, but I think it’s fair to assume that late nights and alcohol were involved in the process.

This year I also feel they’ve really tried their hardest to make the CPU score different kind of goals, spectacular goals. I don’t remember the CPU ever shooting from outside the box in 2019, all the goals against me were scored in the box, which just became tedious. This version I’ve conceded a mix of goals from various ranges. So when the CPU scores a piledriver from 25 yards, the obvious thing to say is “scripting”, but ask yourself.. does it happen every game?

It’s a computer game, so of course there’s going to be stuff that resembles scripting, because at the end of the day it’s just a code programmed to execute variables and in some of those variables, it involves the CPU scoring. It’s up to you to find a way to stop that defensively.

“Scripting” can also play out on opposite sides, depending on your difficulty level. For instance, have you ever played on the lowest difficulty? The midfield and defence literally just part like the Red Sea and go “here you go, old chap, pop it in the net why don’t you?”. That’s “scripting” for the user side. Whereas if you up the difficulty to one of the higher selections, you get a mousetrap, you try to move towards the goal and they snap down onto your toes trying to win the ball back like savage beasts. Then there’s things like an increase in passing accuracy to test your shape even more. I’ve not noticed a discrepancy in favour of the CPU when it comes to running speed though, but it wouldn’t surprise me, because even though the same speed would be fair, it would probably be too easy eventually when you work out tricks on how to stop them and you blocking every cross they make because you’re just running alongside them, like you’re running partners out for a morning jog. So, a slight bump up for the CPU maintains that challenge.

I think at the end of the day people just use the excuse of “scripting” because they don’t like conceding a last minute equaliser despite dominating the entire game (I speak from experience). That’s football, I’m afraid.

I’ve lost every match this morning. Nearly every goal given away has come from me being either unable to highlight the relevant defender, defender being slower than he should be or being in control of defender but not clearing or passing when I press the button.

This game was not like this last week so what has changed?

I’ve gone from winning nearly every game to being unable to compete. My rating of nearly 800 is plummeting. I’m playing 300 plus players and losing.

I honestly have zero control over it. Bizarre.

I’ve been very close to being “the boy who cries scripting” a few times in the last few weeks, but I really don’t think it’s the case now. It feels like scripting and it feels like the game is against you, when in actuality it’s just my David Luiz masterclass of defending.

Scripting is literally a magnet style goal dragging the ball towards the goal, that doesn’t happen this year. The first few months of 2019 were a scripting mess, with the inevitable low cross and finish from the CPU.. not seen that this year either (thank god).

I probably should have done this last year, because maybe it would’ve changed the game, but adjusting the tactics in game plan does wonders for this game, it completely reinvents it. No idea who creates the game plans for these teams, but I think it’s fair to assume that late nights and alcohol were involved in the process.

This year I also feel they’ve really tried their hardest to make the CPU score different kind of goals, spectacular goals. I don’t remember the CPU ever shooting from outside the box in 2019, all the goals against me were scored in the box, which just became tedious. This version I’ve conceded a mix of goals from various ranges. So when the CPU scores a piledriver from 25 yards, the obvious thing to say is “scripting”, but ask yourself.. does it happen every game?

It’s a computer game, so of course there’s going to be stuff that resembles scripting, because at the end of the day it’s just a code programmed to execute variables and in some of those variables, it involves the CPU scoring. It’s up to you to find a way to stop that defensively.

“Scripting” can also play out on opposite sides, depending on your difficulty level. For instance, have you ever played on the lowest difficulty? The midfield and defence literally just part like the Red Sea and go “here you go, old chap, pop it in the net why don’t you?”. That’s “scripting” for the user side. Whereas if you up the difficulty to one of the higher selections, you get a mousetrap, you try to move towards the goal and they snap down onto your toes trying to win the ball back like savage beasts. Then there’s things like an increase in passing accuracy to test your shape even more. I’ve not noticed a discrepancy in favour of the CPU when it comes to running speed though, but it wouldn’t surprise me, because even though the same speed would be fair, it would probably be too easy eventually when you work out tricks on how to stop them and you blocking every cross they make because you’re just running alongside them, like you’re running partners out for a morning jog. So, a slight bump up for the CPU maintains that challenge.

I think at the end of the day people just use the excuse of “scripting” because they don’t like conceding a last minute equaliser despite dominating the entire game (I speak from experience). That’s football, I’m afraid.

Why is it so easy to score after conceding?

I’ve both regularly scored and conceded immediately after a goal. Almost like it’s impossible to stop it.

My best last week was a 7 minute 4 goal blitz after being 2-0 down. The guy quit.

Now I can’t get my players to do anything.

end of day too many goals at half time and full time, also immediately following kickoffs

me and my cousin actually have a backpass rule where every kickoff has to go back to the keeper to avoid cheat goals as much as possible

too much stuff for it be a coincidence or just in our head.

I’ve both regularly scored and conceded immediately after a goal. Almost like it’s impossible to stop it.

My best last week was a 7 minute 4 goal blitz after being 2-0 down. The guy quit.

Now I can’t get my players to do anything.
Oh you’re talking about online? Yeah I can’t comment on that I’m afraid, I wouldn’t touch online PES with a barge pole. From what I’ve seen, it plays completely different to offline, and not for the better.

Oh you’re talking about online? Yeah I can’t comment on that I’m afraid, I wouldn’t touch online PES with a barge pole. From what I’ve seen, it plays completely different to offline, and not for the better.
it does same in local multiplayer offline

it does same in local multiplayer offline
And what about against the CPU? It wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a different code for multiplayer and single player games. Like single player is all about a slower methodical approach and using your brain, whereas multiplayer is more like a basketball game, where it’s more open and just “you attack, now my turn, now you etc etc”, resembling a FIFA multiplayer game, in order to appeal to people who regularly play games like that.

Back
Top Bottom