eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

It's definitely a tad too easy and I'd like a middle ground.

Yeah I'm a season ticket holder, went up to Newcastle on Saturday (still recovering!) and will be going to the cup game tomorrow night. Loving the new style of play & think we've been very unlucky not to have more points. Do you work for the club on a daily basis or match days?

I agree with the difficulty. Not much satisfaction with scoring/winning on professional compared to TP. But, people are saying it plays better and similar to the demo....

Yeah, I work in Hove as a teacher but work match days including tomorrow. I'm a supervisor in the East 1901/players lounge etc. Been working there since 2011.

Your a mega loyal supporter.

I must say - Offline AI is fine.
Not perfect, but fine.

Started ML on Superstar level, and it is really, really good.

Did not expect that at all. Every match so far (about 10 games) was different, in a way.
I decided to play with easiest everything in ML, and lots of money, so I could try all the best players in the team.
Scores were different, lots of chances on both sides, fouls here and there...

Pretty much fun.

Bad side is that ML is still kind of empty and not immersive at all.
Maybe when I set some harder circumstances, it will be better.

Most important thing is that Pes is back to diverse team play - for different teams. Plus, they are changing tactics according to current result in the match.
I don`t remember so well of the first ISS, but I think that every team has their special style then.
Today, maybe there is no real signature styles of play for every single team, but it is a big improvement.

It’s far too easy on Top Player for me let alone Professional. Scoring isn’t satisfying enough as it is without the CPU just letting me run through their back four with ease for a shot and finish.

Neither game can get the AI difficulty settings anywhere near where they should be these days and it’s why I’m thinking of playing purely multiplayer in the other game for my football gaming fix. Single player simply isn’t worth the headache in either game these days.

I agree with the difficulty. Not much satisfaction with scoring/winning on professional compared to TP. But, people are saying it plays better and similar to the demo....

Yeah, I work in Hove as a teacher but work match days including tomorrow. I'm a supervisor in the East 1901/players lounge etc. Been working there since 2011.

Your a mega loyal supporter.

I definitely feel it's opened the game up for me a bit more on professional, will have a few more games later competitively in a cup to see if the difficulty ramps up enough for me to enjoy it.

So pretty much since the new stadium opened then? It's great over there.

I've had the pleasure of being in a few of the 1901 lounges over the years and really enjoyed it. Wouldn't swap it for my seat in the North stand though as I love the atmosphere!.

Yes loyal but it's bloody expensive at times. A night out in Newcastle, train/match ticket, beer & hotel cost me close to £300. Great fun though!

You gonna have to give me another few weeks to answer that. I had most wonderful 5 seasons on pes17. This one I barely scratched the surface. Dont really have a clear picture at this point.
But at least you are considering two best versions from all modern Pes games to play.

Mmm maybe I buy pes 2017 and about a half year pes 2020 in the sale :). I’m very curious how you compare these 2 games. I’ve only played the demo of both games. In the demo ai off 07 was more agressive. And it plays easier then 2020.

I definitely feel it's opened the game up for me a bit more on professional, will have a few more games later competitively in a cup to see if the difficulty ramps up enough for me to enjoy it.

So pretty much since the new stadium opened then? It's great over there.

I've had the pleasure of being in a few of the 1901 lounges over the years and really enjoyed it. Wouldn't swap it for my seat in the North stand though as I love the atmosphere!.

Yes loyal but it's bloody expensive at times. A night out in Newcastle, train/match ticket, beer & hotel cost me close to £300. Great fun though!

I just want to be able to dribble, enjoy the game and get that satisfaction you get from scoring or creating good movements /play.
Top player, I get dispossed so often attempting to dribble it gets so frustrating.

I know alot of the members of the 1901 lounge go to many of the away games. If you've been into the east 1901 Lounge, you probably would have seen me me quite dark skinned, curly black hair I've been supervisor there for years.

Well... The final of the EL campaign I was playing was disappointing. After about 60 minutes at 0-0, Lazio set the maximum attack level, so they pumped the ball long every time they got it at the back, and if you let them come forward they'd leave 0-2 defenders back. Scored 3 easy counter attack goals to win very comfortably... Surely has to be a bug?

I've been starting a new tournament when I'd lose, so it was a bit anti-climactic having that happen in my first final. Would be even worse if it was after seasons of building in ML.

Maybe I should stick to playing League mode if this is how the AI plays cup finals...

It is getting a bit boring people saying this doesn't happen on superstar, it doesn't happen on post patch, theres not enough fouls, there's no stand up pens, AI scores all freekicks and there's loads of videos proving it's all rubbish

It is getting a bit boring people saying this doesn't happen on superstar, it doesn't happen on post patch, theres not enough fouls, there's no stand up pens, AI scores all freekicks and there's loads of videos proving it's all rubbish
It’s also getting a bit boring when the same people keep on denying the glaring issues the game obviously has.

Just accept that some of us aren’t getting fouls and some of us ARE witnessing the AI score nearly every single free kick against us.

And I’ll accept that you love the game, you’re getting lots of fouls and the CPU scores a realistic amount of free kicks over the course of a ML season.

If a lot of different people all have a problem, and you don't, you're the exception, not the rule. So don't call anyone's opinion "rubbish", mate. Read another part of the forum maybe, and enjoy the game.

I've never had a pen for a standing tackle. Only ever from sliding tackles and just one of those was against the CPU.
Maybe it can happen, but I've been heavily impeded in the box and even clattered to the ground and got nothing. Fouls that are given outside the box are ignored inside it.

The only standing tackle that can result in a penalty is the X double tap, but that is pretty much obsolete as just holding X performs an almost identical tackle that barely ever results in a foul anywhere.

That's disingenuous at best. There's plenty of evidence (both statistical and anecdotal) that would suggest that there's a distinct of lack of fouls. I'll go half-a-dozen games where I barely get any and at the end of the day, all I can go with is my own personal experience. Don't believe your lying eyes as they say.

People will yell, "YoU JuSt AreN'T DriBblInG eNouGh." I do. I've been playing football games for over 25 years, I think I know how to draw fouls. That, and I play on manual passing, so I'm not ping-ponging the ball around to create a scenario where the CPU can't get near me. The fact of the matter is, fouls are few and far between. I get mauled like Leonardo DiCaprio in The Revenant, but the referee always turns a blind eye.

That's disingenuous at best. There's plenty of evidence (both statistical and anecdotal) that would suggest that there's a distinct of lack of fouls. I'll go half-a-dozen games where I barely get any and at the end of the day, all I can go with is my own personal experience. Don't believe your lying eyes as they say.

People will yell, "YoU JuSt AreN'T DriBblInG eNouGh." I do. I've been playing football games for over 25 years, I think I know how to draw fouls. That, and I play on manual passing, so I'm not ping-ponging the ball around to create a scenario where the CPU can't get near me. The fact of the matter is, fouls are few and far between. I get mauled like Leonardo DiCaprio in The Revenant, but the referee always turns a blind eye.
A beautifully put, funny post. Love your writing style!

Ok, legendary difficulty, patched, friendly.

I was playing to see things about my Arsenal team, I was winning and so decided to try things with the controls.

and

The AI buys it when time right, at a good body angle and ball to defender distance. (This one is important, even if they don't buy it, actually, now that I think about it).

EDIT:

Ok, here it is with Hleb and the AI not buying it. It ended up with a goal, though. I do suck at shooting. This is on advanced shooting.

And on another thing, I really liked this CPU build up play with Riquelme marking the tempo.

Last edited:
Can someone advise me on what difficulty to play.

Professional - too easy but players seem more agile /smoother to do what I want them to do. But again too easy and unsatisfacying to score.

Top player- very difficult to dribble past one player, get tackled so often. But this could be because players seem clunky if that makes sense. Slow to perform a trick or dribble.

Superstar - haven't tried.

On past PESs, I would usually settle for TP.

Can someone advise me on what difficulty to play.

Professional - too easy but players seem more agile /smoother to do what I want them to do. But again too easy and unsatisfacying to score.

Top player- very difficult to dribble past one player, get tackled so often. But this could be because players seem clunky if that makes sense. Slow to perform a trick or dribble.

Superstar - haven't tried.

On past PESs, I would usually settle for TP.

i'm going to stick w TP at the mo and experiment with variable match length

Ok, legendary difficulty, patched, friendly.

I was playing to see things about my Arsenal team, I was winning and so decided to try things with the controls.

and

The AI buys it when time right, at a good body angle and ball to defender distance. (This one is important, even if they don't buy it, actually, now that I think about it).

EDIT:

Ok, here it is with Hleb and the AI not buying it. It ended up with a goal, though. I do suck at shooting. This is on advanced shooting.

And on another thing, I really liked this CPU build up play with Riquelme marking the tempo.

Hey,

Can you tell me please how to get the legend difficulty? In game it says win 5 matches on ss. I did this and the legend difficulty not there. Are they any requirements in terms of match time or team selection?

Thanks

Hey,

Can you tell me please how to get the legend difficulty? In game it says win 5 matches on ss. I did this and the legend difficulty not there. Are they any requirements in terms of match time or team selection?

Thanks

I wouldn't know. It was unlocked for me since the beginning.

i'm going to stick w TP at the mo and experiment with variable match length
OK pal. That's what I'm playing it on with 12 minute halves. Thing is, definitely a challenge for me, but can't dribble past anyone lol. I'm lucky if I do so, makes it quite frustrating as Professional far too easy.

Hey,

Thanks
Maybe it's 5 consecutive matches? As in 5 wins one after the other.

I wouldn't know. It was unlocked for me since the beginning.

That's strange... I don't know what to do. Would like to test it. For me professional is the way to go since a few years. It's very easy when the only thing you want is to score, to press all the time and after winning the ball to rush forward and score now matter how...But if you want to play football with fresh build up and you are able to be patient, then it was a good way to enjoy the game. I say it again the ai is programmed to react and not to act. React to your inputs in attack and inputs in defense.

Nice header, but here Superstar is offering very little resistance. R1 double tap to beat the the first player, then that move letting the ball run through almost feels like cheating against the CPU as they never anticipate it and are always left flat footed.

OK pal. That's what I'm playing it on with 12 minute halves. Thing is, definitely a challenge for me, but can't dribble past anyone lol. I'm lucky if I do so, makes it quite frustrating as Professional far too easy.

I create very few chances. Just played a 20min Norwich v Leicester match, Felt like I was there just to press buttons for the CPU's entertainment.

Lost it 2-0. Its less fun than professional for me but I also wonder if there's some elements I don't understand that help to even out the game e.g. if CPU has x tactic, then you need to use y tactic.

I'll give TP this week to impress me and if I don't like it I'll drop to professional and start an ML with that. No point playing a game if I'm not having fun.

Seems to be a lot of the same problems with AI, started on superstar did well enough for a few games got to the Brazilian cup final and then everything went to pot and the usual crazy AI for my team, players running into each other, big gaps in my defence, players unresponsive, can't switch players, players running into each other when you tackle a player and they run away with ball, super strength strikers, wtf is the CPU freekicks all about too 100% goal from every freekick outside the box and Ronaldinho can't score for shit for me from a fk, goalie gets it everytime. Lost the cup final and then after 3 games in the league, last game 2-0 up and they went up 3-2 with some of the craziest AI stuff and I just switched off, so I may delete this one, but not sure about putting the level down as it'll probably be too easy. IF I reload I start in the cup final again and not sure if I want to do that now.

Not sure what to do, think I'll come back to the game in a few days, not enjoying it much.

FD

I create very few chances. Just played a 20min Norwich v Leicester match, Felt like I was there just to press buttons for the CPU's entertainment.

Lost it 2-0. Its less fun than professional for me but I also wonder if there's some elements I don't understand that help to even out the game e.g. if CPU has x tactic, then you need to use y tactic.

I'll give TP this week to impress me and if I don't like it I'll drop to professional and start an ML with that. No point playing a game if I'm not having fun.

I stepped up from Pro to TP in the 3rd season and it was cracking fun. However, only about 6 games in to season 4 and it's suddenly switched to a grind. I don't know if the handicapping is due to me finishing 6th last season or just after a set number of games or what, but essentially just 'turned'. Too much attrition and not fun enough. But, of course after playing a whole season on TP Pro is a little too easy. It looks like I'm going to have to turn manual shooting on for the challenge instead :(

Fingers crossed people find a happy balance in the gameplay modding threads.

A week ago I edited all kits manually version 1.00 for EPL.

The first game I played afterwards, I noticed the game was twitching with the player I was controlling. Other times it felt like lag on my turning with the player, a bit like that gta4 mission where you drive drunk or dirt rally when a wheel is going/gone.

I dismissed it at first, especially as it was similar to the dreaded option file effect on pes.

Well now after a week, it's clear as day. It feels at times like there are controlled inputs being made in addition to my own. Players turning on their own. The r1 stop the ball happening. Players not doing no-touch dribble properly, instead taking a touch.

Just now playing with liverpool at Norwich, it's never been more obvious. Salah twitching like crazy when dribbling with him. The ball actually stopping dead in middle of a dribble.
Players suddenly warping a yard or two to the ball.
Also, when dribbling at full whack, it feels like my player is 'catching' or stuttering and so not dribbling at full sprint.

Two acid tests. I played on my New Zealand profile which was a fresh start and the game had no such twitching.
And second, you can see the twitching because on stadium cam, the camera itself twitches.

Something is going on. I remember something similar happened on pes 2017 after I applied an option file.
And I also remember the ps3 pes where they blotted out player names and numbers on back of shirts because it caused frame rate to dip. So this is hardly unprecedented.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Incredibly frustrating that konami coding remains so volatile/vulnerable to simple editing...

Last edited:
Listen guys I got in a bit of trouble at the start for mentioning Fifa to often, but in all honesty I think quite a few of you should play it (fifa) and then you’ll see what a fantastic game PES 20 really is, granted I haven’t played PES since pes15 but wow it’s a breath of fresh air, I’m learning little things each day which just makes the game so good, the depth in this game is truly amazing when you compare the two, so happy now that I took the plunge, and thanks to a few on here I stuck with it and now I’m in love :LOVE:

I’m Not having a pop at anyone I’m just saying.
Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom