eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

So, they've got the Scottish Premiership rankings wrong. Just lost the league title on goal difference based on the five post-split fixtures as opposed to the whole 38 game season. I'm pretty sure it's not the only league in PES with a split. I'd imagine, then, that there are issues with them too.

Hello Aussie, I kinda disagree with you. I'm pretty disappointed by PES 2020 and I think, almost any other PES is better than 2020. I agree that animations are good but there are things I don't like at all, they are a few that, overall, bring a lot of unpleasant game experiences, at least for me:
The physical part is fake, pre-scripted and contextual, its made by annoying " pushing and humping " animation that locked mostly defenders when they touch someone's back... it's so frustrating.
In PES 2020 the players without the ball, move and feel like "Tanks on Ice".
Players awareness are one of the worst in the series. Defenders most of the time do not react properly on the rowling ball.
The " AI mistakes " are pre-scripted too, they are not random, AI makes the same mistakes all the time, with the " wrong passes " it's the same.
How I write on another topic, the dribbling in this game is useful like hemorrhoids. Yes, I hate new close control on right-stick and what they do with R2, which is the WORST future ever, but the problem is not in dribbling itself, its that AI defenders and assist (X holding) defenders ALWAYS know what are you doing, what the direction you holding and they take the same position even before your player.
You need to play in most basic 1-2 passes if you want to win. Somebody will say " but in real football works like that, fast passing and moving " but in PES you need to play like this for all wrong reasons. Looks like Konami saw this horrible PES LEAGUE players and make the game to be played exactly that way... eFOOTBALL way... and I hate it. That removes all deep and fun from the game.

You kinda disagree with me?? lol... i think you disagree with me. Hang on.. any other version of PES is better than PES2020??? In a fun, non patronising kinda of a way, what the hell are you smoking??? Ill have some thanks..... on second thought, ill decline, as i want PES2020 to my favourite version until 2021... Wish you fun while playing PES2008 (my least favourite) :)

Last edited:
I got the game on disc yesterday so I could play version 1.0. The two things that I immediately noticed and loved were:
1. The weight of the players
2. Dribbling means something

This is without a doubt my favorite version of PES after many years of frustration from the series :)

(and of course that we can't import kits in this version because it's still Konami :RANT:)

The ml menu header color changes depending the team you manage. Nice.
Regarding the menu, the only mull-function is the notification and binging system, works only for the bloody messages, and in the inner menus, when you highlight an option, the highlight box is dark-white in a light-white background that makes difficult to see where you point your option. This is bigger problem in other menus like kit editing-> shirts editing. @Emroth who created kits inside game , may noticed it. It is unergonomic, it subtracts you editing speed.

I tried to send all my feedback to KONAMI Facebook feedback page, but they have not a PM option and i do not plan to add feedback as a comment to a post with already 700+ comments.

Last edited:
It’s also getting a bit boring when the same people keep on denying the glaring issues the game obviously has.

Just accept that some of us aren’t getting fouls and some of us ARE witnessing the AI score nearly every single free kick against us.

And I’ll accept that you love the game, you’re getting lots of fouls and the CPU scores a realistic amount of free kicks over the course of a ML season.

But that's the point, nobody is denying what you're saying but you don't want to accept people who have differing experiences to yours.

But that's the point, nobody is denying what you're saying but you don't want to accept people who have differing experiences to yours.
You’re right - I refuse to believe anyone that says they get 3-5 fouls every game in Master League. How 99% of people on twitter etc all complain about the same issue yet we’ve got 3 people here who say they get lots of fouls every game? Sorry but I’m extremely sceptical. No one, and I reiterate, NOT ONE person has posted videos or photos of their ML saves proving that they get 3-5 fouls every single match in a season. A few photos of stats after one or two versus matches doesn’t prove anything. When I first started my ML save with Milan, I had 5 fouls in an ICC match. Then afterwards every match I was getting 0-1 fouls every game for like 10 matches in a row.

The bottom line is: there is a serious lack of fouls in PES 2020 and I’m fed up with my players getting assaulted by the CPU and getting nothing for it.

Finished editing EPL.
Every evening, after editing, as a "reward" I play a game or two with edited teams. Didnt notice anything strange at my end.

That's good news, I hope. The sudden glitching and interference in.player control is so disappointing. Its compromising one of the best things about this pes, the super smooth movement of ball and players.

I've read about ps4 memory leaking causing similar problems, after people have updated or installed a new game. It may be my edit causing this. I'm going to try a database rebuild...

i disagree with your obvious sarcastic disdain.I think pes nails team individuality and the way they play.thats one of the aspects im most impressed with how every team plays differently.You seem like a pes hater with your posts
yes a pes hater here with my pes 3 avatar lmao

people like you really hold back the community. anyone who disagrees that pes is amazing is branded a hater. pure trolling of highest order

i have said numerous times if you read my posts that pes 19 is a fine game ruined by scripting. im not like some that moan about every little thing

but do not tell me that pes nails team individuality.

you can apologise anytime, i will accept

Guys we don’t need to be personal calling each other “PES haters” and “trolls”, it’s childish and uncalled for.

We are all here because we loved PES at one time or another, no?

The issue is that a few people that post here want us all to ignore the glaring issues and pretend the game is “the best PES ever” when it’s simply not.

Critical feedback is essential so that we get a better game in the future.

Guys we don’t need to be personal calling each other “PES haters” and “trolls”, it’s childish and uncalled for.

The issue is that a few people that post here want us all to ignore the glaring issues and pretend the game is “the best PES ever” when it’s simply not.

But it's fine to call people liars?

Conversely, I'd add 'fanboy' into that mix. It's also likely that we're all here because we all hated PES at some time or another.

If you think it's the best or the worst PES ever, you're right.

Finished editing EPL.
Every evening, after editing, as a "reward" I play a game or two with edited teams. Didnt notice anything strange at my end.
good to read that! well done pal! :WORSHIP:
i did not edit one single bit for now! :D i'm just playing all the time! :BAND:
are you starting you ML then? any plans to edit other leagues or "other euro teams"!?

@Matt10 quick shoutout: i have not touched the celebration buttons once in 2020! i really got used to not doing it. crazy when i think about how my habbits over the years kick in...
i let it all roll out and it adds to the natural flow of everything else, imo!

I’m entitled to believe what I want to believe, no?

If I told you that I was the President of the US, it would be your choice to believe me or not :)

Then why can't someone believe someone else is a hater without being a troll? Are they not similarly entitled to believe that.

They are both name calling, I don't see the difference.

So, they've got the Scottish Premiership rankings wrong. Just lost the league title on goal difference based on the five post-split fixtures as opposed to the whole 38 game season. I'm pretty sure it's not the only league in PES with a split. I'd imagine, then, that there are issues with them too.
That's genuinely hilarious

Then why can't someone believe someone else is a hater without being a troll? Are they not similarly entitled to believe that.

They are both name calling, I don't see the difference.
Please quote my post where I’ve called someone “liar”?

I’ve been called “a troll” by one guy here. My posts have been constructive debate. Not once have I resorted to name calling.

You’re right - I refuse to believe anyone that says they get 3-5 fouls every game in Master League. How 99% of people on twitter etc all complain about the same issue yet we’ve got 3 people here who say they get lots of fouls every game? Sorry but I’m extremely sceptical. No one, and I reiterate, NOT ONE person has posted videos or photos of their ML saves proving that they get 3-5 fouls every single match in a season. A few photos of stats after one or two versus matches doesn’t prove anything. When I first started my ML save with Milan, I had 5 fouls in an ICC match. Then afterwards every match I was getting 0-1 fouls every game for like 10 matches in a row.

The bottom line is: there is a serious lack of fouls in PES 2020 and I’m fed up with my players getting assaulted by the CPU and getting nothing for it.
I played about ten games in my Master League and that foul number (3-5) sounds right. Especially when you factor in advantages. But it's also true that some CPU fouls get totally ignored, particularly when you try to dribble with the right stick.

I got the game on disc yesterday so I could play version 1.0. The two things that I immediately noticed and loved were:
1. The weight of the players
2. Dribbling means something

This is without a doubt my favorite version of PES after many years of frustration from the series :)

(and of course that we can't import kits in this version because it's still Konami :RANT:)

You're very lucky. I refuse to drop another £40 just to play the game I expected.

Plus just found my car wing mirror busted so more bills to pay. Konami/Bhatti must think its fan base is rolling in money.

Don't start harping on about 'proof' again. No-one needs to prove their experiences to you, just like you don't need to prove yours to us. We believe what is happening in your games.

Please note though, it's not 99% of people on Twitter, it's just a high enough volume that it's noticeable to you. I don't think anyone has said there are ZERO problems with fouls. However, another significant volume has said they get fouls in every game. It is also quite clear that whether fouls occur in a game can really depend on how a player plays. If I wanted to, I could guarantee at least 8-10 fouls in every 10 minute game of PES (in the ML against AI). It's just there would be no point to it as winning fouls in non-threatening positions doesn't benefit me.

We also have all played in different modes and with different difficulty levels and controller settings. These can all have an impact on the experience. For the ML we've even seen (me just last night) that settings can seem to be great for a while and then suddenly become worse.

Disputing everyone's experiences is nigh on pointless. Questioning what mode/settings they're using and if they've tried something to see if it alters their experience is NOT the same as calling someone a liar (or dumb, assuming they haven't already tried it). Sharing a conflicting experience is just MORE information to discuss, not a challenge of your truth-telling.

First game of the day and I’ve lost after yet more fouls. Assaulted in midfield, nothing given and a break away goal. Constant input issue where the game ignores your button presses. Why are strikers so intent on ignoring the ball when directly in front of goal?

Would be we really care if this is the last PES? FIFA’s gameplay stinks but at least it works. Konami can’t even get the basics right.

I see the people generally defending the game are those who play offline. I played offline in the 90s and early 00s. I may have liked this game back then but you know, progress.

First game of the day and I’ve lost after yet more fouls. Assaulted in midfield, nothing given and a break away goal. Constant input issue where the game ignores your button presses. Why are strikers so intent on ignoring the ball when directly in front of goal?

Would be we really care if this is the last PES? FIFA’s gameplay stinks but at least it works. Konami can’t even get the basics right.

I see the people generally defending the game are those who play offline. I played offline in the 90s and early 00s. I may have liked this game back then but you know, progress.

I'd rather struggle to find the best recipe to eat awesome homemade burgers every day than spend the rest of my life eating McDonalds.

Just because some years are not great (this year is great overall BTW), is no reason to give up trying and leave a shallow game with no competition which will in turn just get more shallow. The solution is rarely to give up.

I'm assuming you play exclusively online then? I've certainly seen a lot more issues with fouls from online clips. It suggests that either there's an issue with the network code, or that online players have found strange ways to exploit fouling, even worse than the current issues with the AI (online competitive players nearly always find exploits first these days and rarely share as they want to continue to use it). Raise the exploit with Konami and hope for the best.

Every year Konami put put a demo which people generally like. They then release the full game which has completely changed.

Every bleeding year.

I always think it takes at least 50 games to see PES properly. Every year without fail the first 20-30 sucks you in and you think it’s brilliant. Then it changes completely. I am not playing the same game I was last week.

Why are players form changing from match to match? Surely this should be weekly as per the updates?

I was just using Spurs again because I’m fed up playing against Liverpool every single match. Spurs have A form at the moment yet my players felt like they had superglue on their feet and this was from the start of the game.

Player switching seems to work fine offline and is clearly improved but online is still and absolute cluster.

I’m really frustrated. I don’t care about getting beat when it’s by a clearly better player. But when games are being decided on issues I have no control over, like fouls not being given, players unable to run, button presses being ignored then I just don’t see the point.

I am angry with myself for buying this game yet again.

good to read that! well done pal! :WORSHIP:
i did not edit one single bit for now! :D i'm just playing all the time! :BAND:
are you starting you ML then? any plans to edit other leagues or "other euro teams"!?
Thanks, dude. Im actually having fun doing it. Just wish I had more time.
I wont b touching ML till I have all done, so by the looks of it - another two weeks or so.
I have english D2, both spanish and italian next. Then fake league and Other Europeans. Then Tactics, Rivals and all the finishing touches. So yeah, long way to go.

But Im playing a match or two a day, mostly focusing on good ML candidates.
So far Monaco, who is struggling big time in real life are tempting (own stadium as well)
Apart from them I love Metz kits and we all know kits are most important when picking the team! ;)

Back
Top Bottom