eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Having said that - i wish Konami gave us an option to switch the foul replays off. Doesnt matter if I have 2 or 10 - they are really annoying and skip button is most in most awkward place they could pick.
Id rather have a skip button on TV remote than trying to find this bleeding Options button in the dark..

At least you can skip once it starts (and occasionally I do want to see the challenge). Worse is the ML Manager cutscenes that play at random opportunities and are NOT skip-able :(

Hopefully the editing gurus will eventually find how to be able to add choice to replays on PC. Not much that can be done for this on console without a patch by Konami and I'm not sure this should be their priority right now!

But the guy with 30 fouls in 20 mins
That’s 135 fouls avg over a 90 minute game, surely no one wants that
what with the ball going out for throwings and corners I’m surprised he gets any gameplay :?
I don’t wanna revert back to that, sorry.

:CONFUSE: Seriously??

Its posts like this one that Bombard Konami that makes them tuck their balls away and bow down to ignorant feedback.

Yes. The fouls needed tweaking from the demo, not the number of them specifically but the balance, alot of fouls were given against the player, that weren't given for them. But the fouls counts were realistic.

For a start the OP stated it was a 10 minute match, not 20.
Thats 90 mins of 'virtual' football condensed into 10 mins.

It would NOT be extrapolated out over a 90 min match equalling 130 fouls, that's just uneducated.

Go check the stats of any professional football match and look at the fouls counts, hell, I'll even help you out, Leicester v Tottenham, last week, not a fiesty ill tempered match by any means, look at the fouls:

pdvnHvi.jpg

THERE ARE NUMEROUS FOULS IN EVERY REAL LIFE MATCH!!!!!! barges, shoves, impedements, obstructions, tugs, slide tackles, its part and parcel of the sport, and with it brings a whole new tactical dimension to the game, from a FK you can build attacks by crossing to a target man, shooting directly, playing out wide, etc, on the flip side, from a FK you have to defend, mark your men or zones, clear your lines etc, it adds so much more the the game, yet konami feel that fouls dont exist in the sport and largely remove them. its pathetic.

The arguably greatest PES game ever made, PES5 had copious amounts of fouls, anywhere between 5 and 20 per game, and people still love it to this day. I'm so fed up of ignorant people wanting end to end non stop football, if you want that go play NHL or NBA.

That's exactly the problem! :THINK:;)
When I reply to something and am behind I hit “post reply” and than use the “back” option of my browser to go back to the last comment I’ve read.
after that I was always able to jump to the latest post when hitting the name of the thread link.

Sometimes I select the comment to be replied to to open in another tab and I keep on reading comments.

Last edited:
No, they're very realistic numbers.
You know, I hope that in 20 virtual minutes the engine simulates a whole game of 90 minutes.
It's not always like that: the average fouls I get from the cpu is around 10/11

I’m aware that 20 mins virtual play is supposed to equate to 90 minutes real time.
But even so 30 fouls in 20 mins of virtual play works out at 1 foul every 40 secs! For me that would be unplayable, and there would never be any flow to the game because of stopping constantly for fouls if you also count throwings and corners it would be a waste of time (for me) and very unrealistic.

I've not seen anyone mention this, but I find it really annoying. I take time and thought to create space on the wing, I see a team-mate free in the box, so I get to the byline and double tap cross and aim the cross away from goal for the cut back. But No. The cross auto aims for the goalie, like 90% of the time, despite the fact I'm aiming away from goal. People don't have this problem?

id like to know is it possible for people to request a refund digitally if they dont like the newest patch installed, cos i believe they should cos its not the original game they purchased and are forcefully made to play the newest patch wether they like it or not, you would think legally they have a case

I've not seen anyone mention this, but I find it really annoying. I take time and thought to create space on the wing, I see a team-mate free in the box, so I get to the byline and double tap cross and aim the cross away from goal for the cut back. But No. The cross auto aims for the goalie, like 90% of the time, despite the fact I'm aiming away from goal. People don't have this problem?

This depends on what level of pass assistance you are playing at. If you really want to pick where it goes, hold down L2 while doing it, then the world is your oyster.

id like to know is it possible for people to request a refund digitally if they dont like the newest patch installed, cos i believe they should cos its not the original game they purchased and are forcefully made to play the newest patch wether they like it or not, you would think legally they have a case

Not your lawyer. Not legal advice!
It depends on the terms and conditions of the software (although even then, sometimes terms and conditions aren't valid as they attempt to circumvent consumer rights).
There is likely a case to argue. But I can't believe anyone would have the time, money and motivation to fight a case like this.

What camera angle do you play with? do you have angle set to high?
Have to remember, the more angle on the camera, the more your aiming reticule shifts, you may be pressing downwards on the LS to cross towards the penalty spot but in reality you are aiming more towards the keeper.

Playing with a wide angle camera looks great but it really shifts the aiming about.

Just a reminder to anybody comparing stats that FIFA themselves have measured the amount of actual on-field action during a 90-minute football match. And it averages out at 58-59 minutes. So a 20-minute match on PES should be compared approximately to two-thirds of the values of a real match

I'm spending time editing to get this game to "work". Its tedious. This'll take me into October by which time we expect konami's patch.

If really still no enjoyment from the game/not playing I will be requesting a refund.

Lo and behold, the pinnacle of eFootball:

This looks like you need high attacking mentality, high pressing and a high defensive line. Still, the game should not be imposisble to strip a backline of the ball if they mess around like this.

Lifting the ball up and heading to the keeper should be an indirect free kick...

Correct. In fact, the Gk just being the recipient is enough (they don't have to handle it) in the UK FA rules.

uses a deliberate trick to pass the ball (including from a free kick) to the goalkeeper with the head, chest, knee etc. to circumvent the Law, whether or not the goalkeeper touches the ball with the hands

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

Not your lawyer. Not legal advice!
It depends on the terms and conditions of the software (although even then, sometimes terms and conditions aren't valid as they attempt to circumvent consumer rights).
There is likely a case to argue. But I can't believe anyone would have the time, money and motivation to fight a case like this.
There would be no argument, they have forcefully modified the game, you had no choice unless they have in fine print somewhere where it says no refunds after a patches has been installed

Correct. In fact, the Gk just being the recipient is enough (they don't have to handle it) in the UK FA rules.
Yeah, I double checked that... It's not even like they haven't coded in indirect free kicks. I'm pretty sure that if you dive it gives one, at least it did when I was messing around in a previous PES. The only place it didn't was inside your own box.

Hopefully someone will exploit it in one of their live "e-sports" finals and make a mockery of it. That's probably the only thing that make them think of fixing it.

Bit of a tangent here, forgive me, but why are digital copies of games (and movies for that matter) almost always more expensive than their digital counterpart?!? It's been like this since the conception of digital copies of media and I never understood, why? That's not entirely true, I'm fully aware that it's a question of demand but how come we as consumers continue to accept this? It must be significantly more cost effective for any distributor to circumvent physical distribution entirely, with all the logistics and middle men this entails, than just storing it on a server and distributing it, so why does this result in a higher price for the end consumer?!? Again, I'm sorry for the massive tangent but this continues to piss me off to no end... :MAD::RANT::CENSOR:

I completely agree. They get to save a lot of money, we get: 1. Inability to share our own game. 2. Loss of control over our own game, because it can be changed/patched or even locked without our permission. 3. No re-sale value.
So we suffer and they benefit, yet it's not reflected in the price. Kind of like "self check out" in the grocery store. The customer does cashier work and the store saves money, but there is no discount! :CONFUSE:

And I just read the rest of your post and we agree on everything, I even use the same ML team :APPLAUD:. But I do think there is a small problem with referees not calling fouls when I try to dribble past a player and he barges into me.

Last edited:
im praying that ocotber patch will feel like 1.0 patch but with improvements so i can apply an option file
I hope too, but I really can't understand the reasons behind last changes. The game feels much less varied, especially the physicality that is solved in binary way.

Now, It's like game engine don't understand the ball as a separate entity. Just look to the first clip:
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/e...read-ps4-xbox-one.80779/page-146#post-3442532

Srna knows he can use his body to win position and he knows he don't need to trap the ball to win posesion. Post patch, I'm pretty sure he would have gone to reach the ball first.

I completely agree. They get to save a lot of money, we get: 1. Inability to share our own game. 2. Loss of control over our own game, because it can be changed/patched or even locked without our permission. 3. No re-sale value.
So we suffer and they benefit, yet it's not reflected in the price. Kind of like "self check out" in the grocery store. The customer does cashier work and the store saves money, but there is no discount! :CONFUSE:

Well, this is more to do with retail structure than RRP.
The digital purchase on console I assume has zero competition? (Meaning you buy it on the official console store and no-where else). So it's just sold at RRP unless it's later put in a sale. However, retailers pay a wholesale price, which will have a % margin (I've no idea what) and they constantly trim the game price below RRP (and lose some of that margin) in order to compete with other retail stores in competition.

On PC, you have quite a few sites where you can just buy the steam key, but they actually stocked a physical copy of the game. They sell you the key out of the box and trim the margin and you get it for similar (if not cheaper due to less overhead and no postage) than buying it physically.

Try not to give in to paying more for this game - once you go 1.0 that's one less person pushing for 1.0 access in the digital versions.

Konami should be dealing with 1.0/1.2 differences with more urgency - if they had a lawsuit coming for them for false advertising they would but the gaming scene seems incredibly hard to regulate.

This isn't about whether 1.0 is better than 1.2 or vice versa - this is about showing us 1.0, and then forcing 1.2 on digital purchasers with no option to access the 1.0 gameplay that we expected.
I agree here. Digital users should be allowed to revert back. I find positives in both versions but ultimately prefer 1.0 as it's as close to the idea I was sold on with the demo. Anyone who purchased the game deserves the choice.

1.2 is a completely different beast altogether and bordering on false advertising when compared to the demo. Not saying it's absolutely horrible because it is still a good game but.... If I couldn't revert back I'd be severely cheesed off with Konami for selling me an idea and then moving the goal posts once purchased (digitally).

Luckily for me I have a physical copy. I'd imagine there are thousands of people out there who bought digitally that don't visit forums & aren't even aware that a different version of the game even exists.
Some may be perfectly fine with what they're playing , I bet there's plenty of others thoroughly pissed off that the game doesn't resemble what they played for 5 weeks before buying & are now stuck with for the foreseeable future.

I've seen quite a few posts on Twitter from disgruntled buyers stating they've actually gone back to playing the demo until a patch drops.

Last edited:
I own a physical disc copy but still play on 1.02 as I just couldn't play PES with all the fake teams badges and no kits, so have to have an option file.
Still enjoying 1.02 and its a great game, but inferior to 1.00

People keep quoting 'the demo' as the best version, but its 1.00 everyone should want to be playing, which was a refined demo.

It is piss poor that Konami showcase one product then take your money and give you a completely different version.
Its like ordering a fillet steak off the menu then being served a beefburger and told that everyone said that beefburgers are tastier so they changed the steak to a burger, and thats your only choice.

People keep quoting 'the demo' as the best version, but its 1.00 everyone should want to be playing, which was a refined demo.
100%
I wonder what chances we would have if we run a campaign on FB development page to give us option to pick version to play.
As I said on twitter - Id sent Konami flowers and some fancy ass toaster for their office, if they let me pick version and install Option File on 1.0

Hopefully someone will exploit it in one of their live "e-sports" finals and make a mockery of it. That's probably the only thing that make them think of fixing it.
The video shows this week's Match Day final, so it was seen by quite a few people.

100%
I wonder what chances we would have if we run a campaign on FB development page to give us option to pick version to play.
As I said on twitter - Id sent Konami flowers and some fancy ass toaster for their office, if they let me pick version and install Option File on 1.0

Zero chance mate, would never ever happen.
for several reasons.

The coding required to facilitate it would be a lot of work, which Konami simply won't do.
And it would be like admitting that their patches and updates make the game worse, so would be damaging to them if they let people select earlier build versions.
Lastly, continuity issues - if users start reporting major bugs then they wouldn't know if its happening on v1.00,v1.01,v1.02,v1.03 etc and fixing bugs in a much earlier build which has been superceded doesn't make sense, and fixing bugs in the most recent build could have a knock-on effect on the older builds and disgruntle the 1.00 users all over again, too much scope for problems and too much work.

Back
Top Bottom