eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

That first video is what is better in the post patch.

The CPU is so deep, and just let you dance around them barely putting in a challenge.

Just realised it's with Vertonghen, and on Superstar? Nah that's not good. The 2nd and 3rd defenders act like there's a force field around him and don't put in any meaningful challengle for the ball at all, then just follow him.

Exactly what I meant about it being too easy when I played it. I would like the dribbling to be reactive, not the CPU dumbed down like that. It's not like he's dribbling on the offside of the defender, it's all left foot so there is no reason for them not to challenge.

Your totally missing the point and need to exact a more probing eye..

It’s all momentum and if you look closer he exactly pushes a player off that lunges in...The rest is turns and inertia that caught the cpu flat..

What’s great is for the rest of the game the cpu stopped this from happening...I never thought or felt it was a easy game.

Your looking at one phase of play here and should watch the whole match..

I know when I play I allow the cpu space and time to run at me..I’m not always closing down.

The devil is always in the detail..This idea that your easily able to dribble through the cpu pre patch is a misconception..It’s no harder or easier to break the line on either version..

I prefer how the cpu at times sits deeper and just maintains it shape..I get the best of both worlds..It will suffocate me(man mark)...Squeeze the play,but also have calmer patient moments where it’s happy just to counter.

Last edited:
I go into these games knowing the soundtracks will never be to my taste as I'm mainly into punk and it's various offshoots but it's not completely awful this year bar a few tracks which is a positive I guess. I hate to sound like my granddad but there was one on PES 19 which was literally just noise. :LOL:

To be honest though I just see the soundtrack as wasted money. They have to pay to licence these songs when in reality who would care if it was just some generic original tune in the background instead? It only plays in the menus and I don't notice it most of the time as I'm usually concentrating on messing about with transfers or tinkering with the squad.

It would cause a bigger uproar if they didn't include ANY music. I agree, a lot of use would be far happier if the money was spent elsewhere. I'd just leave it silent in menus, but even better, just allow it to link with Spotify/your music provider of choice and work like Bluetooth comes to pause/silent the music during matches. Or you could just put your music to play the whole time. But imagine the complaints.
  • They didn't even put music in it this year!
  • The menus are so cold and barren :(
  • Fifa has a soundtrack, see how easy it is, they're just lazy :RANT:
Music is just a monetary cost they can easily budget and requires little coding. So better from their viewpoint to just do it every time.

100%
I wonder what chances we would have if we run a campaign on FB development page to give us option to pick version to play.
As I said on twitter - Id sent Konami flowers and some fancy ass toaster for their office, if they let me pick version and install Option File on 1.0

Zero chance mate, would never ever happen.
for several reasons.

The coding required to facilitate it would be a lot of work, which Konami simply won't do.
And it would be like admitting that their patches and updates make the game worse, so would be damaging to them if they let people select earlier build versions.
Lastly, continuity issues - if users start reporting major bugs then they wouldn't know if its happening on v1.00,v1.01,v1.02,v1.03 etc and fixing bugs in a much earlier build which has been superceded doesn't make sense, and fixing bugs in the most recent build could have a knock-on effect on the older builds and disgruntle the 1.00 users all over again, too much scope for problems and too much work.

What we basically need is the ability to install OFs and squad updates on any version of the game. So, connection to server without having the latest patch installed. That could be plausible. Let's try! Maybe if a bunch of us raise a lot of noise, it will not be possible to ignore.

What we basically need is the ability to install OFs and squad updates on any version of the game. So, connection to server without having the latest patch installed. That could be plausible. Let's try! Maybe if a bunch of us raise a lot of noise, it will not be possible to ignore.

PES is not being developed via Git...

I don't know anything about those things. Are you saying it's impossible to allow connection to server without latest update?

It's not impossible at all, its all about version control.
Konami 'Lock' you out of using edit features such as option files etc unless you are on the latest version because if everybody was using different versions of the game, and reported issues or bugs relating to edit features, then they wouldn't know if it related to v1.00 or v1.01 or v1.02.

Limiting edit features to the current version creates a level playing field, and is easier to troubleshoot from a dev point of view, completely annoying but totally understandable why they do it.

Your totally missing the point and need to exact a more probing eye..

It’s all momentum and if you look closer he exactly pushes a player off that lunges in...The rest is turns and inertia that caught the cpu flat..

What’s great is for the rest of the game the cpu stopped this from happening...I never thought or felt it was a easy game.

Your looking at one phase of play here and should watch the whole match..

I know when I play I allow the cpu space and time to run at me..I’m not always closing down.

The devil is always in the detail..This idea that your easily able to dribble through the cpu pre patch is a misconception..It’s no harder or easier to break the line on either version..

I prefer how the cpu at times sits deeper and just maintains it shape..I get the best of both worlds..It will suffocate me(man mark)...Squeeze the play,but also have calmer patient moments where it’s happy just to counter.

The first dribble I have no issue with. For me what happens after isn't good enough from the CPU.

I'd be disappointed if I scored that goal with Vertonghen myself, on a top difficulty I don't want that to be possible, cause it's not in real life. As a spurs season ticket holder, Jan can do a lot, but not that.

Konami 'Lock' you out of using edit features such as option files etc unless you are on the latest version because if everybody was using different versions of the game, and reported issues or bugs relating to edit features, then they wouldn't know if it related to v1.00 or v1.01 or v1.02.

Limiting edit features to the current version creates a level playing field, and is easier to troubleshoot from a dev point of view, completely annoying but totally understandable why they do it.
That makes sense. Although I don't recall any patches or fixes related to edit mode in the last two games at least, so I wish it could be different. Man, if not for Elder Scrolls Online i'd probably mod my PS4!

All they'd have to do is create a back door, let us import/export and limit 1.0 to "offline" only. They wouldnt have to entertain bugs from previous versions.
They could clearly state that only current version is being looked into in terms of bugs and its your personal choice to stay with the previous one.

All they'd have to do is create a back door, let us import/export and limit 1.0 to "offline" only. They wouldnt have to entertain bugs from previous versions.
They could clearly state that only current version is being looked into in terms of bugs and its your personal choice to stay with the previous one.

This would be the logical, most simplest solution, but it just wont happen.
Konami never ever gave us stadium editor back after fans calling for it every year.
Or bespoke broadcast packages for 'fully licensed' leagues, if there is no effort or will to produce assets for a license they have paid for, I'd be shocked if there was any will to have multiple versions of their game kicking around.

This would be the logical, most simplest solution, but it just wont happen.
Konami never ever gave us stadium editor back after fans calling for it every year.
Or bespoke broadcast packages for 'fully licensed' leagues, if there is no effort or will to produce assets for a license they have paid for, I'd be shocked if there was any will to have multiple versions of their game kicking around.
To be honest - I cant see that happening myself.
Although - no skin of our noses to ask them on FB..

Can we please stop with the "allow multiple versions" thing? I'm a software developer and running multiple versions next to each other is a pain. Next to that, I don't even think Sony allows it on their networking infra as all games have this requirement of having to be on the latest version to go online in that particular game. It's not something Konami is willingly doing to annoy us or anything, it's just how software development works.
The only viable option would be to include some sort of "slider" functionality in the code. Like back in the day, when the choice of the referee was basically a slider of how lenient or strict the ref was. Some Japanese looking guy (Ito) was very strict while some Dutch sounding guy was very lenient.

I stoped bothering with in-game’s limited spots since 2017. I Just double-tap the share button and save video directly to ps4.
I like to have mine set to 1 hour, so I can save a whole match in case it's awesome. So it doesn't really work for just saving a goal. But it's no big deal, I can just move these replays saves to different folders on my computer and open room for new ones.

I like to have mine set to 1 hour, so I can save a whole match in case it's awesome. So it doesn't really work for just saving a goal. But it's no big deal, I can just move these replays saves to different folders on my computer and open room for new ones.

you do realise you can still record the replay of the goal manually even if its set to auto record one hour?
double tap the share button to start recording from that point, tap again to end recording.

Can we please stop with the "allow multiple versions" thing? I'm a software developer and running multiple versions next to each other is a pain. Next to that, I don't even think Sony allows it on their networking infra as all games have this requirement of having to be on the latest version to go online in that particular game. It's not something Konami is willingly doing to annoy us or anything, it's just how software development works.
The only viable option would be to include some sort of "slider" functionality in the code. Like back in the day, when the choice of the referee was basically a slider of how lenient or strict the ref was. Some Japanese looking guy (Ito) was very strict while some Dutch sounding guy was very lenient.

Not really a good response.

You have taken my money, you give me something different and then tell me running two versions is a pain, blah blah.

If you don't want the pain don't bait me with false adverts.

Sorry but I don't think we can/should stop with the multiple versions thing. The more you ignore this principal (i.e. to say that bait-and-switch is acceptable in the gaming industry) the more you will see it in future versions and the more money you or the average casual gamer will potentially risk losing.

you do realise you can still record the replay of the goal manually even if its set to auto record one hour?
double tap the share button to start recording from that point, tap again to end recording.
But that would make the gameplay prior to that impossible to record. So if I record a goal using that method, I would be unable to save the whole match if I wanted to afterwards. Once you end the recording, the next one will "reset" to start at that point.

I overcomplicate things sometimes :LOL:

The first dribble I have no issue with. For me what happens after isn't good enough from the CPU.

I'd be disappointed if I scored that goal with Vertonghen myself, on a top difficulty I don't want that to be possible, cause it's not in real life. As a spurs season ticket holder, Jan can do a lot, but not that.

Didn’t score a goal(again more chance of error because he’s not a frontline player)..

Plus by allowing me to run and maintain its shape the cpu gave me very little interms of angle and penetration.I was restricted to a long shot(that went wide)..

I think we’ve all seen this in real football..

If you prefer a pressure fest,cpu that cheats,passes around some games at lightning pace so much,that you don’t feel like your can even get the ball,let alone react quick enough..Plus all the other inconsistencies,then more power to you..and let’s not forget the ping pong passing and blatant stat doping post patch.

Remember you quoted me..

Last edited:
So let me get things straight : if we own a physical copy, we can roll back to 1.0 BUT :

* we can't download the Squad update
* we can't play online
* we can't import option file

Am I right ?

But that would make the gameplay prior to that impossible to record. So if I record a goal using that method, I would be unable to save the whole match if I wanted to afterwards. Once you end the recording, the next one will "reset" to start at that point.

I overcomplicate things sometimes :LOL:

True. Then your only option is to go into capture gallery after and trim the clip, or use sharefactory to chop and spice it into pieces. or of course load it into a video editor such as FCPX and chop up from there.

First game today, 2-0 up and then the weirdness once again kicks and and I’m royally screwed by th8ngs I have no control over.

His first goal back I pass back to my goalkeeper, go to clear and for some reason my own defender charges into my keeper wiping him out. Ball rolls into net.

2nd goal I pass through to my striker who would be clean through. Before he touches the ball he is wiped out and nothing is given. He sprints up the pitch and scores.

Could this be the most pointless PES ever?

Last edited by a moderator:

Completely agree. Sorry but to me it just looks bad regardless of the 1.2 problems. Glad if it's your cup of tea because I repeat, beyond 1.2 glaring problems ( better to say it well clear, ehehheeh) those 1.0 videos leave me kinda cold.

"First game today, 2-0 up and then the weirdness once again kicks and and I’m royally screwed by th8ngs I have no control over.

His first goal back I pass back to my goalkeeper, go to clear and for some reason my own defender charges into my keeper wiping him out. Ball rolls into net.

2nd goal I pass through to my striker who would be clean through. Before he touches the ball he is wiped out and nothing is given. He sprints up the pitch and scores.

Could this be the most pointless PES ever? Do the Japs know what they are doing any more?"

You had a first game, and already signed in to post your first critique? Wow, talking about giving the game a chance. Yeah, it does have some issues, but if you play the game for at least another 20 matches, then you may have a better opinion about it.

Was thinking about a wish-list for editing features, and thought it would be cool if we had a ball editor where we can design our own ball patterns, just like kits and import them, and have our own match balls, and also an adboard editor, which would work exactly the same way as the new sponsor logos, import say up to 4 graphics, and choose from various animations like slide in, fade, dissolve,. twist, flash etc, then these graphics then appear on the animated adboards around stadiums. would add so much to ML, if they cant build us new stadiums, at least let us kit them out with adboards relevant to the club.

Was thinking about a wish-list for editing features, and thought it would be cool if we had a ball editor where we can design our own ball patterns, just like kits and import them, and have our own match balls, and also an adboard editor, which would work exactly the same way as the new sponsor logos, import say up to 4 graphics, and choose from various animations like slide in, fade, dissolve,. twist, flash etc, then these graphics then appear on the animated adboards around stadiums. would add so much to ML, if they cant build us new stadiums, at least let us kit them out with adboards relevant to the club.

Yeah I miss those weird half and half white/orange Nike balls from a couple seasons back. I'd make them, nowbthat the graphics are clear and vivid enough to actually show the orange bit...

Every day I come back to this forum, daily after release and read about that version discussion every day. My thoughts since first post about that was "ok, like every year the after patch placebo thing - i don't care, let's play it like it is, because I want the latest transfers and the other online stuff. Today after 2 weeks of playing it, I choose to delete the game and play the version 1.0...

What the fuck Konami, what the fuck you've done!!!!!!! I played 10 or more games without a break, 15 min top player and all I can say this is the best football game ever created. Maybe I come back later to go into detail but my English is not as good to describe things in a way you understand it in a right way. But guys.... What the fuck did Konami with that 1.0???

"First game today, 2-0 up and then the weirdness once again kicks and and I’m royally screwed by th8ngs I have no control over.

Could this be the most pointless PES ever? Do the Japs know what they are doing any more?"

You had a first game, and already signed in to post your first critique? Wow, talking about giving the game a chance. Yeah, it does have some issues, but if you play the game for at least another 20 matches, then you may have a better opinion about it.

I meant first game of today, not first game ever.

I have many, many issues with this PES. It’s absolute nonsense online.

Then we have to contend with people who only use Liverpool, Juventus etc.

I even tried Master League for this first time in years last night as I only play online. I honestly can’t believe there is still a market for offline play. It was tedious to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom