eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Anyone playing Master League with the default players on Superstar or above and doing well? As I have started and am really struggling , 6 games played , 0 wins, 1 draw, 5 losses., 2 goals scored, 8 goals conceded. This is on version 1.0. It's a real challenge, but fun. Think be fine once sign some pace and decent players.

Anyone playing Master League with the default players on Superstar or above and doing well? As I have started and am really struggling , 6 games played , 0 wins, 1 draw, 5 losses., 2 goals scored, 8 goals conceded. This is on version 1.0. It's a real challenge, but fun. Think be fine once sign some pace and decent players.

Are you paying on PA0? If not, drop the difficulty down a notch and do that instead. SS has 'issues' for some, especially with ML, for too much handicapping.

I start my ML PA0 and Prof and it was a challenge (especially with no transfers in the first window). I slowly improved with the game and it made me really appreciate every signing I made! You just need to hold on long enough through the rough patch and try to get enough points to not be sacked :)

I'd say a few times per match but when they do they always slide with laser guided accuracy and take the ball and regain possession, One day when I get time I will make a video, not as proof, just as a comparison between game play experiences that shows all this stuff, laser guided slide tackles, constant fouls not being given, insane com pressure.

it really is astounding how everyones game can play so differently.
I dont think its the our games playing differently but the user input is difference here. Slide tackles try and anticapate them and make sure your changing direction. If timed right you will evade the tackle and make the AI look silly or you will draw the foul. Of course thats not always going to work and they do win the tackle.

I dont think its the our games playing differently but the user input is difference here. Slide tackles try and anticapate them and make sure your changing direction. If timed right you will evade the tackle and make the AI look silly or you will draw the foul. Of course thats not always going to work and they do win the tackle.

This. They are so predictable when you're chased down the wing I get a lot of practice at wide free-kicks! Even pushing R3 works for this quite well (as they always miss the ball then). Sometimes with R3 you get away entirely if your player also avoids the contact (but due to the top-heavy players, any contact will take you down!).

I don't think he's trolling, I think he has a valid point, and as @Chris Davies asked everyone to stop demanding proof, i wont expect any screenshots etc but I'm also sceptical that anyone gets 3-5 fouls per game (which is still a ludicrously low amount) and every game.

Read above though, and it shows that everyone's game experience, even when playing with same players, same formations and tactics etc, can wildly vary, so theres no right or wrong here, just personal experiences.
You and @Negatrev get lots of fouls, many of others don't. thats fact.
and I fully accept that, its the accusations I don't accept

Your quoting is really confusing as you bolded a lot of my text as well!

Slide tackles are too many for the length of match. I see more slide tackles in a 10 minutes game of PES than I see in an entire 45 minute half of PL football. They (the AI) rely on it/default to it too much. I slide rarely in a match and it shows in the foul stats. Your are basing that off of just PL football. I watch multiple leagues, and quality and there are a LOT of slide tackles.

I start the ML with ML defaults. So the players range from 60-70. My youth team in the following summer had 12 players over 70 in it. Mostly all better than my current squad. I want my 16 year olds to be mostly worse than this. Starting around 60 at most (some start here) and so you actually need to leave them in your youth team for a few years and loan them out before they're ready. Your youth team does also have quite a few players starting around 60 and below, however, after 3 years, none of these, through quite stringently selected youth training have developed to be anywhere near a match squad and from their predicted graphs, none would ever develop above 70. The youth system at the moment seems to be balanced for your starting line-up already being in the 80s for each player. I want to have a reason to develop youth, rather than just swap out my entire team after the first window and end up starting mostly 16 year olds. However, this is specific to people playing with the ML default team. I know many want to play with realistic squads and so won't see this as an issue for them :) I have two saves, a default one and realistic one. Even in my default save the following summer i barely had any over 70.. i think it was about 3 maybe 4. I love developing youth and find that i my defensive youths generally are better but my attacking youths are not.

You can create your own manager if you're on PC and happy to do a bit of modding (hence the 'easily' condition being in brackets).

Are you guys getting injuries in ML or in League? Im getting a bunch of minor ones (3days to one week or two) but im not sure if its because Inter or because my mod on PC is working. Pretty nice anyways

Yeah had quite a few. Annoyingly I spent 38m on Felipe Anderson and in the first game he got a goal and assist but the ai took me out from behind and he was out for 3 months. Sooo frustrating.

(...) I'm also sceptical that anyone gets 3-5 fouls per game (which is still a ludicrously low amount) and every game.(...)

Oh... believe you me! I'm getting 3-5 per game on average in 15 minute matches.
ON AVERAGE. That doesn't mean EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Your are basing that off of just PL football. I watch multiple leagues, and quality and there are a LOT of slide tackles.

I just use PL as a simple example. The same can be said of most major leagues and even international games. The percentage of sliding challenges made in PES (as a % of all challenges) is far higher than in any professional game I've seen in the last 15 years. Pes AI slides like playing in the 80s when you could get away with a lot more.

Yeah had quite a few. Annoyingly I spent 38m on Felipe Anderson and in the first game he got a goal and assist but the ai took me out from behind and he was out for 3 months. Sooo frustrating.

Does that make his debut even better as he got a goal and an assist and didn't even play the full 90 minutes? :D

This. They are so predictable when you're chased down the wing I get a lot of practice at wide free-kicks! Even pushing R3 works for this quite well (as they always miss the ball then). Sometimes with R3 you get away entirely if your player also avoids the contact (but due to the top-heavy players, any contact will take you down!).

Yes, AI has real difficulty closing down (agile) wingers, i thinks its sometimes a bit too easy to swing one in compared to dribbling in the middle for instance.

Just like its a bit too easy to pass the ball around in the back when you are in front. I sometimes fall back to this cheesy tactic because not only am i genuinly terrified they will get the ball and mess up one of my seldom wins, but also because its seems like a realistic thing to do when you are 1-0 up with 15 minutes to go.

But when i do, i want to hear part of the crowd booing and see the other team aggresively chasing me. They do to an extend, but at some point they have to get even more aggresive in order to force a long ball and prevent me from just endlessly passing it around.

Oh... believe you me! I'm getting 3-5 per game on average in 15 minute matches.
ON AVERAGE. That doesn't mean EVERY SINGLE GAME.

On fouling and holding off players. Has anyone else noticed that a player with the Gamesmanship trait (used to be Malicia I believe) makes a player better at holding off defenders? It might just be that I choose to dribble more with them after they have the trait? But I don't notice a great increase in fouls on them, but feel I can hold off better instead. Maybe the two come hand in hand or are at least linked in some way?

i use R3 as well when i have a talented striker at the sticks. sometimes you can move around the opponent without even touching them. ball is coming to you, you decide where you wann go, press R3 as the ball is about to be collected and watch a nice outcome... sometimes! :D
and then i use it sometimes to get the ball up in the air just a little to smash a rocket (when walking with the ball at feet).
and then there is the overhead tricks you can do with R3... lovely stuff (but i'm not using it so much as it looks "too fancy" for my liking).

I don't think he's trolling, I think he has a valid point, and as @Chris Davies asked everyone to stop demanding proof, i wont expect any screenshots etc but I'm also sceptical that anyone gets 3-5 fouls per game (which is still a ludicrously low amount) and every game.

Read above though, and it shows that everyone's game experience, even when playing with same players, same formations and tactics etc, can wildly vary, so theres no right or wrong here, just personal experiences.

To be fair a few of us have put up screenshots of our games. If I get to play today ill also put those up.

Yes, AI has real difficulty closing down (agile) wingers, i thinks its sometimes a bit too easy to swing one in compared to dribbling in the middle for instance.

Just like its a bit too easy to pass the ball around in the back when you are in front. I sometimes fall back to this cheesy tactic because not only am i genuinly terrified they will get the ball and mess up one of my seldom wins, but also because its seems like a realistic thing to do when you are 1-0 up with 15 minutes to go.

But when i do, i want to hear part of the crowd booing and see the other team aggresively chasing me. They do to an extend, but at some point they have to get even more aggresive in order to force a long ball and prevent me from just endlessly passing it around.

As with lots of little things in this game, I refuse to do it more than a couple of times if they aren't great at this closing down. If they don't close me down I run it down the wing and try to hold it up there. Mostly they do close down after a few passes, but some decision making seems to not have them override sitting back. It's probably a bad tactical setting for the team causing this I expect.

i use R3 as well when i have a talented striker at the sticks. sometimes you can move around the opponent without even touching them. ball is coming to you, you decide where you wann go, press R3 as the ball is about to be collected and watch a nice outcome... sometimes! :D
and then i use it sometimes to get the ball up in the air just a little to smash a rocket (when walking with the ball at feet).
and then there is the overhead tricks you can do with R3... lovely stuff (but i'm not using it so much as it looks "too fancy" for my liking).

I've found that straight over a defender rarely works as they usually hold you off and head it away. But on any diagonal, you get some cool animations. My favourite was a Bergkamp-esque flick the ball on the spin one side of the player and go the other. Not highlight worthy however as I was so excited I immediately ran it off the pitch for a goal kick :(

Does that make his debut even better as he got a goal and an assist and didn't even play the full 90 minutes? :D

Soo annoying because I bought him to replace walcott and thought he would be great for the upcoming europa games. But he missed the big games against lazio and milan. Luckily I won those 4-1 and 8-0 on aggregate :)

Enjoyed this manual pass/finish, the pass needed to be perfectly weighted.

ezgif-5-3fafa015c2c5.gif

However, the pass was with a right footed player with 70 low passing... Makes no difference.

If I’m honest I’m not sure if I get anymore fouls than anyone else, but being English and watching the premier league every week I just put it down to poor referees, because there are some shocking refs in the British game......BLAME THE REF NOT YOURSELF :SHHH:

I’ve seen a comment saying “I’m trolling” because I’m complaining about the total lack of fouls.

I’m 40 years old. I haven’t got the time, energy or inclination to ‘troll’ what’s an extremely well moderated, friendly and welcoming community.

It’s just a gripe I have with this AND the other game. I need fouls. It’s a huge part of the beautiful game. And I’m fed up with getting assaulted in the opposition penalty area and getting sweet FA for it.

This is a damn good game but it’s let down in so many areas yet again. The complete lack of fouls and penalty kicks, the CPU scoring from every single free kick, the ridiculous looking yellow pitch textures, the super bright colour palette, the woeful in-game atmosphere, the terribly scripted ML, the arcade-like lifeless shooting mechanic, the mundane multiplayer experience, the cumbersome control of your talented players in ML because the game has decided you have to lose and the overall dated presentation are outweighing an otherwise very good PES game.

I can’t just ignore these factors. Not once have I said “you shouldn’t be enjoying this game.” I’m just saying that PES 2020 is a hugely flawed game and it’s a shame that I’ll probably already be fed up with it in a few week’s time.

Enjoyed this manual pass/finish, the pass needed to be perfectly weighted.

ezgif-5-3fafa015c2c5.gif

However, the pass was with a right footed player with 70 low passing... Makes no difference.
Again, it doesn't mean the player CAN'T make the pass; just that there's more chance they won't pull it off. How do you know that's exactly where you placed it. Maybe you actually put too much power on it, but fortunately because it was an average passer on his wrong foot, the margin of error took off the excess pace to make it perfectly weighted?

I'm a below average footballer with more ambition and strength than skill. However, due to my ambition I've pulled off amazing moves in my day due to people not expecting it and also because the times when I manage to pull off what I attempted. However, the amount of times I fail at an attempt brings me crashing back down to earth.

Without showing this exact move, the same way with the same control presses multiple times, this isn't proof of anything. But I don't think proof would make any difference to either side of the debate so it's needless to seek evidence.

What does pressing R3 down do?

edit: read the rest of the posts yeah i know that little move. Will need to try it.

What does pressing R3 down do?
It's slightly contextual, but essential it's the keepy-uppy button. If the ball is on the ground, you flick it up. If it's at various heights, you try and keep it in the air more rather than just bring it down. It can be a good subtle alternative to a double-sprint first touch, but mostly it's a flash move that risks losing possession with the chance of a nice benefit. I mainly use it in the final third.

Flick the ball up, when receiving low pass.
When on the ball you can also flick it with R3 avoiding sliding tackles.
When receiving high ball - R3 will give you more controlled first touch with your chest, which is setting the ball nicely for the volley (if you have time and space for it)

If you are receiving a pacey low pass, it is a nice way of taking the pace off in a controlled manner with your first touch as well.

Anyone have any tips on how to stop the strikers turning on a sixpence and firing into the corner? Like what buttons to use etc?
I’m far from a good defender on Pro Evo, but sometimes it just feels like the opposition has too much space or that they can roll your press too easily. I’m really reluctant/trying my hardest not to blame “scripting” this year, but it does feel a little like that at times.

If you are receiving a pacey low pass, it is a nice way of taking the pace off in a controlled manner with your first touch as well.
And when you have the defender on your back while receiving the low pass, you can flick it with R3 and then push direction stick opposite way that you are facing, which with a bit of luck, will flick the ball behind you and the defender who was on your ass

And when you have the defender on your back while receiving the low pass, you can flick it with R3 and then push direction stick opposite way that you are facing, which with a bit of luck, will flick the ball behind you and the defender who was on your ass

Yes, this is one of the few moves I'm decent at in the real world, so I use it in game more often than I probably should :(

Back
Top Bottom