eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Pes 2020 patched 1.2 is a truly horrible,horrible game of football.

I really want kits and everytime I think I'll give it another go on 1.2 its just abhorrent.

Cpu predictable patterns of play
Cpu doing nothing but shooting hard on the edge of the box
Laser passing
Massive gaps all over the field
Aggressive AI
Missing animations (definitely less of them)
It's like watching a game on steroids.

It's like it's a competition from the cpu to get to your box in as less passes as possible.
Have to agree to be honest. It’s far from the worst game ever, but it’s taken a huge chunk out of what made the demo so different. It’s lost the fluidity and natural pace of the game. At the moment I’m trying out +1 for speed because my mind sees default as too slow and robotic now, whereas 1 is smoother with animations, but can also feel like you’re on fast forward when playing a top class team. Need a 0.5 speed, basically.

I’m tempted in trying this 1.0 or whatever version that keeps being mentioned, but 1. I’d imagine it’s not compatible with the option file. 2. I’ve edited the tactics on each of the prem teams and 3.. I have no idea how to do it.

I really want kits and everytime I think I'll give it another go on 1.2 its just abhorrent.

Thats all tactics.

I haven't played 1.0 i'm on 1.2 on PC, i haven't had serious fundamental issues. The vast majority of barebones problems are mostly just crap tactics.

on 1.0 the CPU will still back off like morons because i swear 60% of the teams have that fucking 'Deep Defensive Line' plus contradictory or dreadfully setup tactics.

We will get a new patch in October will I'm sure will sort out some fundamental problems like player switching and AI cheese defending and the biggest issue which is AI still dont tackle as much as they could, fouls etc..

Last edited:
Okey, so I had a session of 3 games now..almost done with my first season with Man United (superstar),
W18-7D-10L, I'm in 5th place. Had probaly the most exciting game vs Tottenham, won 2-1..chance after chance, could have been 5-5 or something, fantastic!
Then Southampton(they played attacking from the start), I took a early lead..then suddenly lights out, dont know, but lost 4-1. Ings was so strong ,pushed away both Maguire who was on his back and then another player in the box to score..felt a bit over the top but okey, nice shielding from AI. Last game vs Aston villa..won 3-0 without any problem, that's PES I guess. Even felt like the players were quicker,more responsive, probaly also PES effect.

Last edited:
£40 Blu-ray player for sale in shop. You ask the guy for a demo. It plays nice. Comes with some internet connectivity to keep the firmware up to date. Sounds good. You buy it.

You get hope and open the box. Blu-rays don't play. DVDs do. You're seeing a similar picture on the screen but its not as crisp. Also there's no internet connectivity.

#demo-bait-and-switch-gate

I scored a nice manual half volley with Raheem Sterling online last night. But when I watched the replay I saw that he used his left foot (Weak foot usage 2 and Weak foot accuracy 2) which instantly killed some of the joy for me.

I KNOW, he's one of the best players on earth (well!) so he can probably smash home one or two goals with his left foot but yeah here we are (just enjoy the goal you dumbass!).

i don t know how on earth, people will be contesting such a game with no fouls, no penalties, basics missing from the game, how on earth people would go play tournaments at E sports with this game, i am simply baffled, maybe the game 1v1 is good, but definitely not online myclub or in master league.

i don t know how on earth, people will be contesting such a game with no fouls, no penalties, basics missing from the game, how on earth people would go play tournaments at E sports with this game, i am simply baffled, maybe the game 1v1 is good, but definitely not online myclub or in master league.

Play as it is, play football and you'll get all of the above.

Sorry for my english

Cpu predictable patterns of play
Cpu doing nothing but shooting hard on the edge of the box
Laser passing
Aggressive AI
Missing animations (definitely less of them)
It's like watching a game on steroids.

It's like it's a competition from the cpu to get to your box in as less passes as possible.

Change the tactics. Remove deep defensive line. You'll see a different experience altogther

Ive spent more time modding than playing (pc version)
Ive litrally played about 10 games. I didnt see PESUniverse release the German teams so ill have to do that tonight.
Ill then apply some tactics and finally start a ML.
Although......Anyone seen the PESUniverse classics they are releasing Friday? Looks superb.

I think this is the first football game where dominant foot matters so much. For example, if you try and cross the ball with Chillwell's right foot you will never have decent crosses inside the box. I love the individuality in this year's game. As I use Leicester, knowing the strengths of the players is crucial and also a joy.
4 days ago I scored exactly the same goal Madisson scored against Spurs irl. I think I've saved the replay so I'll try later to upload it.
Needless to say I'm still enjoying the game. It has its flaws but the fundamentals of football are there.
Same here mate, Im a Celtic fan so I know each player inside out, and use them like they play irl, it's brilliant to see James forrest (totally right footed) coming in from the right and having a shot with the outside of his right foot, as he refuses to use his left, just like he does for real.

Ive litrally played about 10 games. I didnt see PESUniverse release the German teams so ill have to do that tonight.
Although......Anyone seen the PESUniverse classics they are releasing Friday? Looks superb.

Epic! Some classic ISS national teams would be amazing as well. Bring home Valderrama and Baggio. Anyone know if they have plans to do this?

Version 1.0, Superstar, no signings first window, just the crap default Master League line up, just got my first win in my 11th league game. Do you know how satisfying that feels!? I've had to tinker with my team and tactics about 20 times to get this first win. It's a challenge and I'm still rock bottom last, but we have our win ha.

Version 1.0, Superstar, no signings first window, just the crap default Master League line up, just got my first win in my 11th league game. Do you know how satisfying that feels!? I've had to tinker with my team and tactics about 20 times to get this first win. It's a challenge and I'm still rock bottom last, but we have our win ha.
I've always loved having to start with the ML default team. Plus with team spirit being so important these days and salary budget so low; you can't just swap the team out in the first available transfer window. You need to learn to play to the team's strengths.

PS. My first priority is always a set-piece taker and better central midfield (you're pretty well made for DM and AM early on). LB is high up as well if you attack at all with fullbacks.

Looks cool, but what would classic Chelsea be? :THINK:

Hello, I am new to the forum albeit been reading the pages for a while.

First post is a moan but I won’t always be complaining.

Along with the already acknowledged issues regarding fouls, super cancel never working, players ignoring balls etc, I’ve been suffering a particular problem since yesterday.

I only play Divisions as I can no longer tolerate My Club and the grind fest that comes with it.

Up to yesterday morning, I had lost 3 in 35. I had issues with the game but in general I was / am liking it.

Since yesterday, the game has gone to total rat poop for me. It’s like it’s a completely different game. I mix up the teams I use, sometimes Spurs, Lazio, Shaktar etc especially as I move up the Divisions.

Yesterday, I was 4-0 and cruising, then suffered pretty much a total loss of control of my defenders. I couldn’t click on them, couldn’t track back, no control whatsoever. They kept running way out of position and I couldn’t do anything to stop it. I lost 6-4.

I then lost several other games, despite switching teams to try and address the issue. I got angry and switched it off as I know in past games, PES is a different monster from day to day.

Just played my first game today, 3-1 up, total control then it happened again. No control over defenders whatsoever.

My opponents 3rd goal was a free kick out wide at edge of box. Im Frantically trying to highlight a central defender standing in front of goal yet the player icon is pinging around players outside or near the edge of the box. Of course he plays a quick low pass and scores before I can do anything to block. For his 4 and 5 goals, my defenders are almost at the half way line despite me not changing anything. I even usually always have deep defensive line on for all the good it does.

What is the point in all of this? How hard can it be to make a game that works consistently? Why does the game change on a daily basis?

I’ve played since PS2 days but since it’s been online, we’ve seen the same issues repeat themselves over the years.

SO FRUSTRATING!

alright guys. little recap:
eagerly awaiting the derby match against celtic, i was setting up my team like forever!
when i started the match, i could instantly feel there was more pace and more physics involved (plus more aggressive AI).
overall, for my liking, it was a little bit to frentic! anyway... the ref let it roll for the most part but fouls were giving in a acceptable amount!
Celtic was a real difference to what i played in the scottish league before. much stronger and much more aggressive while pressing high! Motherwell, wich i meet just before that game, i beat by 1:0 at home. before that Motherwell match i changed nearly the whole team. all my fav and strongest player i gave some time to rest, to be ready for the big battle. so my "second team" with a lot of young guns and low level players was able to snatch a win! i liked how i planned that and how it played out! :D
another thing: i had Goldson and Morelos injured for weeks and they arrived perfectly in time for the derby! :D i was so happy to have them back in my team!
so i had a tough fight against Celtic! Celtic Park with the fans was hell for me! :D loved it!!!
to make it short: we got behind when Edouard scored 2 times!! oh boy... what a challenge, i thought! the battle became even harder... i tried and when i hit the 2:1 i was full of hope! in the end... we lost it 2:1 but i was ok with it as Celtic was the better team! now we are 3 points behind them on 2nd place in the league.

i went to bed late... because i had to play the following europe league match against Zürich. scored the opening goal only to receive the late equalizer... anyway! a fair 1:1 and i went to bed very happy. another great night with PES2020! :D

Last edited:
alright guys. little recap:
eagerly awaiting the derby match against celtic, i was setting up my team like forever!
when i started the match, i could instantly feel there was more pace and more physics involved (plus more aggressive AI).
overall, for my liking, it was a little bit to frentic! anyway... the ref let it roll for the most part but fouls were giving in a acceptable amount!
Celtic was a real difference to what i played in the scottish league before. much stronger and much more aggressive while pressing high! Motherwell, wich i meet just before that game, i beat by 1:0 at home. before that Motherwell match i changed nearly the whole team. all my fav and strongest player i gave some time to rest, to be ready for the big battle. so my "second team" with a lot of young guns and low level players was able to snatch a win! i liked how i planned that and how it played out! :D
another thing: i had Goldson and Morelos injured for weeks and they arrived perfectly in time for the derby! :D i was so happy to have them back in my team!
so i had a tough fight against Celtic! Celtic Park with the fans was hell for me! :D loved it!!!
to make it short: we got behind when Edouard scored 2 times!! oh boy... what a challenge, i thought! the battle became even harder... i tried and when i hit the 2:1 i was full of hope! in the end... we lost it 2:1 but i was ok with as Celtic was the better team! no we are 3 points behind them on 2nd place in the league.

i went to bed late... because i had to play the following europe league match against Zürich. scored the opening goal only to receive the late equalizer... anyway! a fair 1:1 and i went to bed very happy. another great night with PES2020! :D

Before a decent option file was out, my first few games were played in MyClub. I drew Morelos in one of my first packs and he's fun to control. Has a decent rating for the new tight possession stat and I loved turning defenders with him.

Back
Top Bottom