eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Hi guys, can somebody help me with this problem?

I have bought efootball pes 2020 on Steam.

When I start the game the live update doesn't work. If I go to edit and click on live update I get this code Code:SGJC_0001 please restart the game.

I have restart the game but still doesn't work!!!

I have deleted de save folder but still not working..

Verify files on steam should help if not ask in the PC thread this is for console users

One comment from fouls (since there seems to have been a long discussion over the last day or so).

Yes, there are fewer fouls called than there should be. It mainly seems to come from collisions where the AI (or me) haven't pressed a tackle button yet, but just used super cancel for jostling or I've done a change of pace to knock the ball past a defender. It just need a tweak to have collisions less reliant on the actual tackle buttons.

However, the AI certainly fouls more than I do in most games. You don't earn many fouls without effort though.

The most common foul (and often card) the AI give away is when running down the wing and you use a double tap sprint just as they get inside tackle range. They then slide and catch your player (sometime getting the ball after but catching you with their body first, sometimes just catching your ankles with their foot.

Fouls from standing tackles however require smart use of R2 and changes of pace. I was playing against a more aggressive PL team last night (I think Fulham, but might have been Burnley) and won 3-0. It was a hat-trick for my set-piece taker. He first scored a penalty (striker took the ball between two defenders and sandwiched by them), then a free-kick when the ball came out from the corner and I super-cancelled my player to bring the ball down at an angle from the rushing defender and he barged me down.

The third was a long range curler from outside the box and even on this I think I would've got another free-kick if it didn't go in as a defender came in late after the shot.

Apart from the 'fouls' where tackle isn't pressed (I mean slide of pressing/standing tackle buttons), I don't see an issue with the fouls in the game. I've played both Professional and Top Player in the Master League on PA0 from release.

@Negatrev You mean this bit?

Again,this comment is just based on your own apparent experience with your game, and its great that you personally dont see an issue, but thousands of people all over social media complaining about fouls, lack of fouls, unbalanced nature of fouls, poor referring logic, all suggest that there IS an issue with fouls.

...and what is you comments if not purely based on your experience of the game (which I acknowledged is different from mine, rather than being dismissive or attacking, like yours).

I've quote my whole post since you seemed to remove parts, and I've clearly highlighted in green the parts where I say their IS a problem. I've highlighted in red the parts where I give advice on how to draw fouls.

I can only give advice. You can try it, or ignore it. But you can't ignore that other players CAN draw fouls, they do get decisions and ARE enjoying the game as it is. My advice is try to help you enjoy the game as well. But if you want to just argue and stay angry that's your choice.

Any sportsman know that every game is a little different when it comes to referees. Some sports give the ref more leeway than others. But after a while, you learn how the ref is calling things and you play that to your advantage the most.

PES is no different in this regard. You are getting no fouls in your favour and giving away more because you are trying to play a set way and not adjusting your play based on how the game is calling things. I decided to adjust so I could enjoy the game more. You can try that as well or just complain about it. I know who's having a happier time of the two of us...

You never know with Konami but I was under the impression manual passing is manual but it varies among players anyway due to the players special passing abilities, weighted pass, Low lofted pass etc.

It's weird though since it says L2 is manual when you get those tips when waiting on a match to start.
Passing stats don't make a difference on manual. I'd love that to be the case, but it simply isn't. I assume anyone stating they do is blinded by placebo/wishful thinking. Some extensive proof would be needed to change my mind.

When I play as Wolves I'm able to pass as accurately on the ground, playing the same through balls with Adama Traore (64 low pass) as I can with anyone else. The only differences are in the trajectory of lofted passes and crosses due to the traits you mention.

Passing stats don't make a difference on manual. I'd love that to be the case, but it simply isn't. I assume anyone stating they do is blinded by placebo/wishful thinking. Some extensive proof would be needed to change my mind.

When I play as Wolves I'm able to pass as accurately on the ground, playing the same through balls with Adama Traore (64 low pass) as I can with anyone else. The only differences are in the trajectory of lofted passes and crosses due to the traits you mention.
it s because the passing mechanics have been generalized for all teams, it is simply designed like that which to me is a no no...

Second person to ask for 'proof' when it's not technically possible.

Try playing with the ML default players, you'll notice the difference far more easily. I bet even Troare's short passes have less reliable pace and precision than Neves'. The thing about short passes is that you often have a lot more room for error, which is why a player that can make long passes well is highly valued in real football. However, a short pass into a tight space inside the box has more success with a better passer. Use a crap one and you'll find it doesn't get through the needle as often and the weight isn't as reliable. That first touch inside the box is key in this version due to how physicality and fouls are working at the moment.

A player with worse passing stats doesn't mean he CAN'T make a pass, it's just the margin of error is higher with him. Whereas the best passers apply a very small margin of error to the resultant pass.

Through balls are not manual (basic or advanced), or am I missing something...

Through ball are not manual (basic or advanced), or am I missing something...
He might just mean using manual passing for through balls instead of that button. I use the button far less when on manual as I could just as well use chip or pass and aim into the space in front of an player with more control on the direction they run on to it than with the through-ball button.

Second person to ask for 'proof' when it's not technically possible.

Try playing with the ML default players, you'll notice the difference far more easily. I bet even Troare's short passes have less reliable pace and precision than Neves'. The thing about short passes is that you often have a lot more room for error, which is why a player that can make long passes well is highly valued in real football. However, a short pass into a tight space inside the box has more success with a better passer. Use a crap one and you'll find it doesn't get through the needle as often and the weight isn't as reliable. That first touch inside the box is key in this version due to how physicality and fouls are working at the moment.

A player with worse passing stats doesn't mean he CAN'T make a pass, it's just the margin of error is higher with him. Whereas the best passers apply a very small margin of error to the resultant pass.
This is a fictional take on the game. None of these mechanics exist. I think I can safely ignore you.

...and what is you comments if not purely based on your experience of the game (which I acknowledged is different from mine, rather than being dismissive or attacking, like yours).

I've quote my whole post since you seemed to remove parts, and I've clearly highlighted in green the parts where I say their IS a problem. I've highlighted in red the parts where I give advice on how to draw fouls.

I can only give advice. You can try it, or ignore it. But you can't ignore that other players CAN draw fouls, they do get decisions and ARE enjoying the game as it is. My advice is try to help you enjoy the game as well. But if you want to just argue and stay angry that's your choice.

Any sportsman know that every game is a little different when it comes to referees. Some sports give the ref more leeway than others. But after a while, you learn how the ref is calling things and you play that to your advantage the most.

PES is no different in this regard. You are getting no fouls in your favour and giving away more because you are trying to play a set way and not adjusting your play based on how the game is calling things. I decided to adjust so I could enjoy the game more. You can try that as well or just complain about it. I know who's having a happier time of the two of us...

You've stated that apart from the pressing of tackle button, you don't see an issue with fouls in this game.
That's YOUR personal experience/opinion, and I respect that, which is why I said 'I disagree', not 'That's incorrect' or 'That's not factual'. I disagree because its not mine, or many other peoples experience.

And saying that you have to change the way you play the game to accommodate PES fouls system is absurd.
Fouls are an intrinsic, essential and basic element of the sport, they should be realistically represented within the game, they are not.

Yes there is a way to draw fouls out, but if i am playing the game and having to change the way a normal passage of play flows or the things I would do, just to accommodate a broken mechanic then that is totally wrong.

I can post numerous videos showing me dribbling, dashing past a player, being unfairly shoved off the ball, collided into sending my player flying, slide tackled and hacked down, etc etc and no foul ever being given for me.
I can post videos showing the merest of contact and the ref awarding countless fouls for the COM.
I can post videos showing my CF clean through on goal, and the COM defender sliding from behind and taking down my player and not even being booked, no FK given, when it should be a Red Card offence.

You may adjust your playing of the game to ensure you get more fouls and if that's ok with you then thats fine, but personally if I'm playing a sports simulation game then i expect the rules to be faithfully simulated, not have to make concessions for what im doing to hide the shortcomings of the game.

As for attacking you, dont be ridiculous, I simply said I disagreed with your point of no issue with the fouls, and then provided statements as to why I disagree, its called a difference of opinion, a debate, a forum, not an attack.

I don't believe for one second that you are one of these princess snowflake types that shouts Attack or Bullying every time someone disagrees with one of your opinions, so don't use that card here.

BCE2C325-7EE7-4AAD-BCBD-E92EF669710B.jpeg Hi guys, I keep reading about people preferring version 1.0 vs 1.2 , dumb question, what version I’m I playing can’t see a 1.2 anywhere in this pic?

Just discovered the long pass /through ball fake, works brilliantly, the player positions his body like he's gonna hoof the ball up the park, but sneaks a through ball.

It's just a case of pressing circle and then triangle straight after.

You've stated that apart from the pressing of tackle button, you don't see an issue with fouls in this game.
That's YOUR personal experience/opinion, and I respect that, which is why I said 'I disagree', not 'That's incorrect' or 'That's not factual'. I disagree because its not mine, or many other peoples experience.

And saying that you have to change the way you play the game to accommodate PES fouls system is absurd.
Fouls are an intrinsic, essential and basic element of the sport, they should be realistically represented within the game, they are not.

Yes there is a way to draw fouls out, but if i am playing the game and having to change the way a normal passage of play flows or the things I would do, just to accommodate a broken mechanic then that is totally wrong.

I can post numerous videos showing me dribbling, dashing past a player, being unfairly shoved off the ball, collided into sending my player flying, slide tackled and hacked down, etc etc and no foul ever being given for me.
I can post videos showing the merest of contact and the ref awarding countless fouls for the COM.
I can post videos showing my CF clean through on goal, and the COM defender sliding from behind and taking down my player and not even being booked, no FK given, when it should be a Red Card offence.

You may adjust your playing of the game to ensure you get more fouls and if that's ok with you then thats fine, but personally if I'm playing a sports simulation game then i expect the rules to be faithfully simulated, not have to make concessions for what im doing to hide the shortcomings of the game.

As for attacking you, dont be ridiculous, I simply said I disagreed with your point of no issue with the fouls, and then provided statements as to why I disagree, its called a difference of opinion, a debate, a forum, not an attack.

I don't believe for one second that you are one of these princess snowflake types that shouts Attack or Bullying every time someone disagrees with one of your opinions, so don't use that card here.

You attacked me when you accused me of only singing praise for the game and ignoring it's faults. Which was a lie. I pointed out to you it's quite easy to disagree with people without accusing them of lies.

You've clearly never played football at any kind of competitive level. The rules of football are static, but how they are applied from one game to the next are quite different. Apart from the 'not pressing tackle, no foul' issue. The rules ARE consistent and do follow an interpretation of the rules. It's just not an interpretation you like.

These games would be no fun if they played exactly the same from one version to the next. Your complaints exactly mirror those made by many when Konami changed the foul system and how tackles worked in the next couple of versions after PES4. There ARE issues with fouls and tackling, but they are no-where near as bad as you make out, if you learn how the subtitles of the tackling works in this version. But, again, if you decide to complain here rather than learn how the game currently works, you be you.

I hope that they improve fouls and tackling in patches so they have less issues. But it's not so broken that I'd rather spend my time complaining about it instead of learning HOW the system currently works.

PES20 almnost derailed for me over the weekend.
My conclusion is that Top Player difficulty is broken.

Every single match was an infuriating, unenjoyable slog following an identical pattern …

I spend three quarters of the match trying to get the ball off the COM, when I do get close enough to make a tackle, its instantly called as a foul, the COM has much higher pass completion as if it is playing on PA3, and their shots are clinical, almost every shot is a goal.
As soon as I get the ball, I’m instantly hounded by insane constant pressure from 2 or more COM players who just shove me off the ball, regardless of player or stats, I’m also constantly fouled all over the pitch but never ever given a FK. I have to first time pass 90% of the time due to the insane unfair pressure and physicality and my players are seemingly unable to pass 10 yards accurately.

My foul average over 35 games on Top Player was 0.02 !!!!

I switched back down to professional after 4 games into season 2 and what an unbelievable difference.

Pre-season I signed several new players, an 80 OVR rated DMF called Fernando, 2 x Mid 70’s rated CB’s, a 76 rated GK, and a 76 rated Wide Midfielder. I signed these players not based on OVR but after careful research and scouting into key skills and traits for each position, speed and acceleration, close control and dribbling for the LMF, ball winning, aggressiveness, strength for the CB’s, tackling, strength, passing for the DMF etc.

None of these skills and stats were visible on Top player, because the second I took possession with any player, I was instantly harassed pressured and shoved off the ball so none of their skills were able to show through.
On Professional its a different game.

I am given more time on the ball, but the COM pressures more intelligently, there’s more shot and pass error for the COM, due to more time to actually play football my players stats shine, and nippy wingers show their skills, my DMF holds the ball up well, there’s much more randomness and freedom in play, and I’m back to getting 3 or 4 fouls per match.

I definitely think they have ballsed up Top Player, it strangles the game down to a complete unplayable mess.

Also, the 3 games I played back on Pro, I won 1 and lost 2, so more than happy to stick to this ‘lower level’ where the game is actually playable.

Was so close to ditching the game due to Top player being a mess.

This is so not my experience with top player, I'm usually in control possession wise trying to get through their defence. If not I go back and try something else, throw it to the other side or go down the middle. I find it difficult to score but I can tackle and break down their possession quite easily.

I'm not saying I'm good at the game at this level, just that I seem to be in control possession wise but maybe that's just the teams I've been playing which have probably been weaker than me. If that's the case I'll probably get your experience when I play the good teams. All in all would sound about right though in that case.

Negatrev..

I agree with a lot of what your saying in regard to fouls and passing stats using pa0..

You experience with the game isn’t to different from mine..

Pa0 is not manual..It’s stat driven..You do notice the quality of a better passer..Even manual shooting(without any modification)is influenced by stats..Ive experienced plenty of the stars spoon it on there weaker foot..

You can keep the ball low on manual shots by leaning the stick fully towards goal when your charging up the power bar.

Everything is a lot more guided post patch..and the passing precision and feel charging up the power bar is somewhat lost..

Last edited:
Didn't see you comment regarding our proof of fouls.
What, one or two examples?

Show me your Master League saves with all of these fouls you apparently get? And I’m talking about match after match after match, not just two screenshots. I had 4 fouls in a game once, like a week or so ago. Haven’t had a game like it since though.

I’ll apologise for jumping the gun and admit I’m “playing wrong” if/when you provide this evidence. I’m still not getting 5 fouls every game like you guys are.

Your playing with the patch...Vanilla is 1.00.00
...and has no data pack info next to it! :)

vanillaicecream.jpg

....so tasty!! yummy!!! :BOP:

edit: for this years PES i even opened my old DS4 controller and got it all cleaned up from the in- and outside!
icecream tastes so much better when the spoons are clean! :D

edit2: just noticed your question, @Mikhail , so maybe i can answer that from my point of view. the only thing i dont like about 2020, right now, is i have to force stop the update 1.2 every time i start my ps4! :D ...thats it for now!

Last edited:
Passing stats effect on PA0 can be proven - record gameplay with controller inputs displayed. Easier to do on PC but it would be possible to match up the inputs to the action on screen this way.

Passing stats effect on PA0 can be proven - record gameplay with controller inputs displayed. Easier to do on PC but it would be possible to match up the inputs to the action on screen this way.
Well, if you're so desperate for proof. You do this and show us that it doesn't make a difference ;)

You've clearly never played football at any kind of competitive level. The rules of football are static, but how they are applied from one game to the next are quite different. Apart from the 'not pressing tackle, no foul' issue. The rules ARE consistent and do follow an interpretation of the rules. It's just not an interpretation you like.

:APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

Try 2 years with Aston Villa at U21 level, 1 year at Luton Town, played at more premier league grounds that you've probably ever even visited, hold several FA coaching badges, have played with legends such as Bobby Charlton, how about you??

After that little embarrassment above I simply can't take anything you say seriously.

I Suppose stuff like this doesn't happen in your game because you know how to 'play to the system' ?

https://t.co/PIXHis1bLw

Last edited:

Post patch pa0 is the same as pa1 from the demo and pa1 from the vanilla game..

They just made pa0 even more assisted and pa1 when they patched.

I love how some are convinced pa0 is manual(couldn’t be further from the truth).Your just to used to the cpu correcting so much of your error.

For me and I say this on a completely personal level..I couldn’t play on pa1 or use basic shooting..It’s so on rails and rubber banded(contrived)..Just find the experience very lifeless and flat(to easy)..

It’s the reason I won’t patch..because you lose so much of the freedom of pa0 and how free it is pre patch..The things you can do and how your able to hit the ball freely into space and be so much more creative.

It’s something every person playing pes should aim for..Dropping assistance completely as they get better at the game..It’s just a much more realistic experience imo..

Last edited:
NegaTrev...
My personal experience is that fouls are virtually non-existant and I have tried playing the game a couple of different ways. Being more direct and running at the AI opponents which you might think would draw more fouls and in my experience it doesn't. Playing my usual passing game where I try and Tika Taka around the AI. Also doesn't draw any more fouls despite me hitting the ball to feet of my strikers who get "Insta-Tackled" from behind as soon as they receive the ball and I get no fouls whatsoever. My player just stumbles forward and the ball is lost. This wasn't the case in the Demo but then again I am comparing ML (final release) to Exhibition Matches (Demo).

This looks to be like.. main PES 2020 topic, so I wanna share my option of the game I here too.
For me, PES 2020 is one of my worst PES experiences since PES 2010 and PES 2014. I can't point a single part of the gameplay that for me is made well, or even OK. I don't wanna playing anymore.

Back
Top Bottom