eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Just played 2 games. First game 10 fouls 4 from AI, 2nd game 8 fouls 4 from AI.

e-Football-PES-2020-20190922224646.png

e-Football-PES-2020-20190922233826.png

The fact the AI does not foul is infact not a fact and we were not lying but telling the truth regarding fouls. As i said if you are not seeing fouls it has to be the difference in the way each of us play.

You could add custom adboards to your created stadiums as well if I remember rightly, it’s crazy that we had all this customisation 7 years ago on ps3 but nothing like it since.

When I saw that you could add the partner sponsor logo images in pes 2020 my first thought was that they would be used as adboards in your home games. Surely this would be possible. Come on Konami sort it out :II
exactly why take out these parts of the game that take little to no effort to add in game but add so much to the game? how about custom face remember when you could use xbox camera and put your own face on a custom player . that was so awesome ... custom face and custom chants would have added so much to next gen game.smh

Haha I don't know what team you are using mate but there are a couple things.

Firstly make sure that no one you could end up playing against has deep defensive line on in advanced settings its a stupid thing that Konami add to everyone and it destroys the flow of the game.

The second is use r2 whilst going into physical battles. Your player will often come out on top. Also use r2 for trapping it will keep it away from the defender.

Third is mix up your game. Don't just play slow possession. If your opponent pushes players forward then hit them on the counter. If you have any genuinely quick players they will get away. Also try balls over the top. The strikers do make runs in behind you just have to time the pass properly.

Lastly don't be scared to shield. Play the ball into a play and let go of sprint or r2and just use the stick. The player will feel the pressure and shield the ball, you can then move to the side to roll the defender and get round them.

Cheers mate I’ll give it a go, and I only play as Aston Villa! It’s a love thing for me. Thanks again

Im loving the game, the best passing and shooting variations and dynamics yet, and the difference in styles of play from the CPU and different teams is a breath of fresh air.

The last couple have seen the same bullshit tactics from every CPU team, pass to the wing, cross, score. Boring.

This is another level altogether.

The one big issue though is the fouls, ridiculous decisions for nothing standing tackles against the CPU, but the CPU can practically snap your legs without being penalised. Jeez, I've seen blatant fouls committed against me actually awarded the other way. This seriously needs patching.

Im loving the game, the best passing and shooting variations and dynamics yet, and the difference in styles of play from the CPU and different teams is a breath of fresh air.

The last couple have seen the same bullshit tactics from every CPU team, pass to the wing, cross, score. Boring.

This is another level altogether.

The one big issue though is the fouls, ridiculous decisions for nothing standing tackles against the CPU, but the CPU can practically snap your legs without being penalised. Jeez, I've seen blatant fouls committed against me actually awarded the other way. This seriously needs patching.

But it wont be patched. There was an official statement by the dev team.

The fact the AI does not foul is infact not a fact and we were not lying but telling the truth regarding fouls. As i said if you are not seeing fouls it has to be the difference in the way each of us play.

Not the numbers are important but the system and the consistency. And in its current state makes no sense and theres none. Demo was better with the fouls.

But it wont be patched. There was an official statement by the dev team.

Not the numbers are important but the system and the consistency. And in its current state makes no sense and theres none. Demo was better with the fouls.

I agree id much rather go back to the PES 5 style ref from the demo. The other big difference in fouls which i find no one is talking about is the AI now slide tackle ALOT which i really like and dont remember them sliding much in the demo or giving away many fouls from sliding like they do now.

Question. I've created Tranmere, really happy with it (used Football Manager data).

However, when starting a Master League, A) the formation I've set in the edit mode isn't used, and B) I've added a couple of "created" players and they disappear from the squad.

If I go into the exhibition mode and disable the Live Update data, it's all fine. But I can't see a way to do something similar for the ML...

What am I doing wrong?

Outliers are irrelevant as they're an exception to the rule. Fact of the matter is, there's a blatant lack of fouls and it's detrimental to the overall gameplay experience.
yeah shame they wont tweak or add some more fouls.imo not a dealbreaker to not buy this game but would be nice if they added some fouls

Anybody after a new option file, who wants to be my guinea pig? Click below (otherwise ignore)...

I've just finished up the option file I'm going to be using for my ML. It's not complete - see below - but the leagues I'll play in are updated. Thought I'd share in-case anyone is waiting for similar.

This file is 99% the work of others - it's based on PESVicioBR v2 (which itself uses the Bundesliga from PES Universe, amongst many others). More info here: https://pesviciobr.blogspot.com/

In this file, almost every league is updated in some way (even licensed leagues have manager names, stadium names, rivalries etc.) - EXCEPT for "Other European Teams" (about five are still fake), and the fake American/Asian leagues (untouched).

My only additions were to update all manager names, stadium names and rivalries for the Premier League, Championship, La Liga 1&2 and Serie A&B, plus a few other small fixes and changes (such as, in my opinion, better competition logos that don't feature the year/venue of an event).

I've also added Tranmere (to replace the fake Palermo) - entirely optional (and labelled so that you can ignore it if you like) but if you want a challenge akin to starting with the old ML defaults, you'll like it! Recreated using slightly modified FM data. (Thanks to @xPJRx for the kits, I've modified them slightly to account for the badge on the sleeves amongst other things!)

There is also a manager in the list of managers you get to choose from (Maradona etc.) who looks really similar to Tranmere manager Micky Mellon, so if you choose them, why not select him? :) (I can't remember his name, he's an overweight guy with short grey hair and blotchy skin...)

Not sure if the TEDs are in the right place though, that's the thing... I'm about 80% sure...

If you want to give it a go, you can download it below. Instructions - apply the Live Update first (through the PES 2020 system menu), then pay attention to the folder structure so that you know which files to apply with data, and which to untick the data box for upon importing. (The "0. Fix" folder requires importing with data.)

Afterwards you'll need to edit competition structure so that the Bundesliga has 18 teams and so that the right teams are swapped in - and if you want to play as Tranmere, you'll have to swap an English Championship team with Tranmere from the "Other European Teams" (my recommendation is Luton).

I also would not recommend importing the "LEGENDS" directory because, although it imports all myClub legends into the offline game, the original, fake legends are given OVR 40s and released so that they appear in MLs etc. - whereas if you don't import them, you'll never see them interfering with the ML because they stay in the classic teams. But I've left the directory in there if you want to play with the (real, from myClub) classic players!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gv9ahmzen6t5jx1/Chris's_PESVicioBRv2_Update.zip/file

For a complete file, you just need to import the missing Other European Teams, Liga MX / MLS and J-League, when they're available (PES Universe are working on it).

However, when doing so, you might run out of kit space - I haven't bothered creating stsdium and manager images for the leagues I've updated, because I'd rather try and fit the missing leagues in using a small kit format whenever they arrive... But in all honesty I think, at that point, kits will have to be downsized.

Last edited:
Question. I've created Tranmere, really happy with it (used Football Manager data).

However, when starting a Master League, A) the formation I've set in the edit mode isn't used, and B) I've added a couple of "created" players and they disappear from the squad.

If I go into the exhibition mode and disable the Live Update data, it's all fine. But I can't see a way to do something similar for the ML...

What am I doing wrong?
PS4 or PC?
If PS4 yes, you created them through CREATE PLAYER in game EDIT mode?
If yes again, in ML when you go NEGOTIATIONS->Advanced Search->In the bottom last option you put "CREATED PLAYERS', can you find them at least as free agents?
Or if you "advanced search" for them through MLs negotiations search system, are they visible in ML, or completely non-existent in ML?

Are these on exhibition mode?

After reading a comment on here about receiving the ball. I seemed to have found a very affective way if dribbling. Apologies if it’s been said before but if you hold R2 ( like a long tap) and change direction (if that makes sense) as a player is approaching and then release it upon changing direction and press sprint, it seems create space between you and the defender. I did it wth Sterling and skipped passed three and fired a shot wide. Started to also add in the odds feint and while it takes timing and rhythm to get used to it, once you get it, it is great. All of a sudden I’ve been scoring 2-3 goals a game and bizarrely, I had 9 fouls in the champs league against Valencia, 5 me and 4 them.

After reading a comment on here about receiving the ball. I seemed to have found a very affective way if dribbling. Apologies if it’s been said before but if you hold R2 ( like a long tap) and change direction (if that makes sense) as a player is approaching and then release it upon changing direction and press sprint, it seems create space between you and the defender. I did it wth Sterling and skipped passed three and fired a shot wide. Started to also add in the odds feint and while it takes timing and rhythm to get used to it, once you get it, it is great. All of a sudden I’ve been scoring 2-3 goals a game and bizarrely, I had 9 fouls in the champs league against Valencia, 5 me and 4 them.

Yes, you can do a lot of things when receiving the ball that really make a difference. Also, you get much more out of very technical players doing that. I saw it on a video and have been experimenting with it. I wanna see if I can mix it with shielding the ball and see what can I get out of it.

Its not, granted you have to go nuts and give the player the world, but I max out the release fee and have been able to sign players... just now as a mess around test ive got Hudson Odoi and Jack Grealish for United, on 3 year deals with a release fee maxed, at around double the price I paid for them.
Alternative question. How easy is to sign a player, without giving him release clause in his contract?

Anybody after a new option file, who wants to be my guinea pig? Click below (otherwise ignore)...

I've just finished up the option file I'm going to be using for my ML. It's not complete - see below - but the leagues I'll play in are updated. Thought I'd share in-case anyone is waiting for similar.

This file is 99% the work of others - it's based on PESVicioBR v2 (which itself uses the Bundesliga from PES Universe, amongst many others). More info here: https://pesviciobr.blogspot.com/

In this file, almost every league is updated in some way (even licensed leagues have manager names, stadium names, rivalries etc.) - EXCEPT for "Other European Teams" (about five are still fake), and the fake American/Asian leagues (untouched).

My only additions were to update all manager names, stadium names and rivalries for the Premier League, Championship, La Liga 1&2 and Serie A&B, plus a few other small fixes and changes (such as, in my opinion, better competition logos that don't feature the year/venue of an event).

I've also added Tranmere (to replace the fake Palermo) - entirely optional (and labelled so that you can ignore it if you like) but if you want a challenge akin to starting with the old ML defaults, you'll like it! Recreated using slightly modified FM data. (Thanks to @xPJRx for the kits, I've modified them slightly to account for the badge on the sleeves amongst other things!)

There is also a manager in the list of managers you get to choose from (Maradona etc.) who looks really similar to Tranmere manager Micky Mellon, so if you choose them, why not select him? :) (I can't remember his name, he's an overweight guy with short grey hair and blotchy skin...)

Not sure if the TEDs are in the right place though, that's the thing... I'm about 80% sure...

If you want to give it a go, you can download it below. Instructions - apply the Live Update first (through the PES 2020 system menu), then pay attention to the folder structure so that you know which files to apply with data, and which to untick the data box for upon importing. (The "0. Fix" folder requires importing with data.)

Afterwards you'll need to edit competition structure so that the Bundesliga has 18 teams and so that the right teams are swapped in - and if you want to play as Tranmere, you'll have to swap an English Championship team with Tranmere from the "Other European Teams" (my recommendation is Luton).

I also would not recommend importing the "LEGENDS" directory because, although it imports all myClub legends into the offline game, the original, fake legends are given OVR 40s and released so that they appear in MLs etc. - whereas if you don't import them, you'll never see them interfering with the ML because they stay in the classic teams. But I've left the directory in there if you want to play with the (real, from myClub) classic players!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gv9ahmzen6t5jx1/Chris's_PESVicioBRv2_Update.zip/file

For a complete file, you just need to import the missing Other European Teams, Liga MX / MLS and J-League, when they're available (PES Universe are working on it).

However, when doing so, you might run out of kit space - I haven't bothered creating stsdium and manager images for the leagues I've updated, because I'd rather try and fit the missing leagues in using a small kit format whenever they arrive... But in all honesty I think, at that point, kits will have to be downsized.

I've had to completely reinstall the game because I can't get an OF working. So I might try this tonight

Sorry, but in my opinion, they're too fiew (I think you're using the 1.02)
Here is a match screen (Derby is cpu) Top Player M.L.
7 fouls from Player and 10 from AI
Also count the cpu tackles: during the match before or after a high number of tackles will increase the number of fouls.
Tactics help a lot to make the game more challenging.
Last but not least I'm with beautiful 1.0

Also count the cpu tackles: during the match before or after a high number of tackles will increase the number of fouls.

2 out of my 4 my games on Saturday playing on version 1.0 finished with 0 fouls. It's not some holy grail for fouls.

kept on playing my Rangers ML (1.0 vanilla on professional, 15 min.) last night... every free minute of my life i squeeze in this game right now. i'm really hooked bad!! :D
the matches are good, varied and sometimes i really have to make an effort to score, win or draw. its fun!
last night, when i played the hearts at their turf (won 2:1), i had 6 to 6 fouls... thats not my average but i get enough of fouls.
its so nice to see teams changing their way of play during a match. a lot of "human elements" and randomness in my matches. man, so many times the ball does its own thing (in a good way) and that starts a galore of other things happening on the pitch...!
i don't mind the currently not installed OF on my system. i guess, enjoyment while playing lets me forget... ;)
overall my match stats are pretty good. i can't moan about shots on target or fouls, possession or passes made. its all in a realistic window for me.

i saved some nice manual goals... might upload them later that week. if only i had an assistent doing all the video editing and uploading for me! i just wanna play! :LOL:

Last edited:

True that. Also, when the pass is at the right speed, you can choose to let go of all buttons and your player will be more responsive to your input. This means you have to pay extra attention to your passing game, to keep the pace of your attack going.

While this somewhat similar to the demo, there is just a small difference in the timings. Hard to describe, really, but trapping the ball and getting it under control takes just a tiny bit more time, whereas passing is a bit faster. This means deciding on your next step happens just before and while you are trapping the ball, instead of while the ball is underway.

If there is no reason to move your player towards the ball, trap with R2+direction or do a first touch into space, you can instead take a breather and let go of everything. It may feel risky at first but it will give you some time to look around and the extra responsiveness will make sure you can manage when you are under high pressure. Its all about mixing it up and this is a good tactic in close spaces to give you some time and invite the opponent to make a first move.

17 tackles is just too much for me in what a 10-12 min match? But this is why they cannot please everyone one as im happy with 5-10 fouls but others like yourself want 10-20 fouls a match.

Just noticed your screen says 20 fouls not 17 and your second screen 21 fouls. Too many for me uess your playing 20-30 min matches.

Quick question about going back to 1.0, for tet- I'm on Xbox. Would I be able to install the first data pack with updated squads on 1.0 ?

Last edited:
New finding. For those you edited Beerschot and Palermo fake placeholders. The team rosters are bonded to the live updates , which means, every time you apply a Live Update the roster will revert to the default one, this with Fiji Island and Papua New Guinea players.
The only solution is to stop applying Live Updates, which is inevitable after the next DAtapack, or create players over the current ones,overwrite them creating a fantasy team or anything.
They work exactly like Bastia of 2018 and the two relegated Chinese clubs last Spring .

Back
Top Bottom