eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

About fouls, I dont even need to own the game right now to know for sure they have changed that in the final game for the worse.

KONAMI have been doing this years since always. Whenever we have a game wich actually has some fouls and doesnt make holding sprint, x and Square ALL the time so super effective, KONAMI always change because the pressure people put on them is too much.

Pes 2011 demo had a Very good amount of fouls, to the point that pressuring and tackling clean became something skill based, wich hasnt been the reality for years. And for me, this is one of the Key elements to make the game more "adult", mature, realistic. This was DRASTICALLY changed in the final version.

People have no patience to put the Control down, take a breath and start putting some football logic into the game and learn little by little, improve himself a bit each game. They Just want to see things to succeed in their favour with minimum effort and thinking.

If You watch live stream vídeos of the typical myclub players, You Will see that the mentality of 95% of players is like they cant accept of not having the ball for 1 split of Second. They like to play in a rugby or American football style, where they need to attack the Man on the ball and rape him as soon as possible, constently sprinting and pressuring, not giving a fuck about moving players into position, keeping the team in Shape etc.

When we have a game in wich You cant Win ball so easily by pressuring inrrationally because chances of conceeding fouls are significally intensified, there Will be so much pressure for KONAMI to change...

If there wasnt social media and too much negative feedback to change the things they are getting It right, who knows we could already have a Pes 5 or 3 of current generation years Ago.

Pes 5 was that good because It was said and done. The game needed to be released perfectly, no space for updates, no demo, no Crap feedback.

Last edited:
You must put ONLY ONE BAR for release fee. It is still broken in any other case.

What a clown I am, I’ve been removing the sell on clause of everyone I’ve bid for, but the problem I see now is, that I pay 19mill for someone then get them up (rated wise) and sell them for around the same as I paid for them?

I hope the game will be on sale on October 4th, that's when the current sale ends. It would fit with PES's pattern of the last few years, it was always on sale for 40 bucks ~a month after release if you look at PSN-sale-websites.

Does anyone else feel like the referee decides yellow cards on a random yes/no system? I've just been taken out with a cynical foul on the counter attack, 3 on 2 in my favour. That's an automatic yellow card in every league in the world, however in PES it seems the referee must have forgotten his cards and left them in the dressing room.

Naturally a few minutes later in the 2nd half I get pulled up for something incredibly minor that probably wasn't even a foul and out comes the yellow. Happens all the time. :LOL:

About fouls, I dont even need to own the game right now to know for sure they have changed that in the final game for the worse.

KONAMI have been doing this years since always. Whenever we have a game wich actually has some fouls and doesnt make holding sprint, x and Square ALL the time so super effective, KONAMI always change because the pressure people put on them is too much.

Pes 2011 demo had a Very good amount of fouls, to the point that pressuring and tackling clean became something skill based, wich hasnt been the reality for years. And for me, this is one of the Key elements to make the game more "adult", mature, realistic. This was DRASTICALLY changed in the final version.

People have no patience to put the Control down, take a breath and start putting some football logic into the game and learn little by little, improve himself a bit each game. They Just want to see things to succeed in their favour with minimum effort and thinking.

If You watch live stream vídeos of the typical myclub players, You Will see that the mentality of 95% of players is like they cant accept of not having the ball for 1 split of Second. They like to play in a rugby or American football style, where they need to attack the Man on the ball and rape him as soon as possible, constently sprinting and pressuring, not giving a fuck about moving players into position, keeping the team in Shape etc.

When we have a game in wich You cant Win ball so easily by pressuring inrrationally because chances of conceeding fouls is significally intensified, there Will be so much pressure for KONAMI to change...

If there wasnt social media and too much negative feedback to change the things they are getting It right, who knows we could already have a Pes 5 or 3 of current generation years Ago.

Pes 5 was that good because It was said and done. The game needed to be released perfectly, no space for updates, no demo, no Crap feedback.

Love this and so true and indicative of gaming now generally..

People had to learn how good pes5 was,it’s nuances..and that took time(weeks and months).If that game had released now it wouldn’t be anything like the product we all loved and remember...

The game industry has become just like the music industry..Decisions by commitee(shits in suits)..Deciding what they think we want and more often then not trying to please everybody.Without actually pleasing anyone.

Why I’m just so tired and bored with so many big budget releases today..The superficial quality always wears off quick and it’s always about how good the core gameplay is..Which these days is so generally lacking..Despite looking as good as some big budget movies..

Imo Konami released a finished product that was balanced over the course of its development cycle.The systems in place worked in symmetry and were fair and consistent.Any bugs or inconsistencies were pretty much identified and ironed out by the time physical copies were being pressed and version 1.00.00 was ready to be shipped.Bare in mind not everybody in the world has the internet.So this idea that the game shipped with bugs or wasn’t optimised couldn’t be further from the truth.The code that shipped on the disc is the same as the demo without all the rough edges..

Just because of what you’ve stated above..They made changes..They panicked and rather then letting people have a month with the base version before dropping a patch.They rushed out a badly tested patch that negates some of the biggest pluses from the demo..and causes player reaction issues.

Is version 1.00.00 on the disc the holy grail..I think it is!..It’s the game I thought I was buying when I fell in love with the demo..but with all the polish I was hoping for..No more and no less.

Last edited:
What a clown I am, I’ve been removing the sell on clause of everyone I’ve bid for, but the problem I see now is, that I pay 19mill for someone then get them up (rated wise) and sell them for around the same as I paid for them?
Unfortunately it is broken, if you check the text comment of your assistan every time you make a negotiation, 99,9% of the deals it states "Release clause is non-negotiable" , something like this. I do not know if it is KOMAMI bad translation , but it works like this. You use only the first-bar of the release clause and yes the most times you sell players around their value or a little bit less.

Yeah Man Utd’s pulling power is a bit stronger than Villa to say the least, but still frustrating that I can’t get even free agents to come to the premier league, the 2nd transfer window is no closed and I have all my money left and no new players, do you know if the money I have will run over to next season?
They will, the transfer budget. Don't see a reason why it shouldn't. Salary obviously depends how much youll have left after the incomes and outcomes paying all the players.

Just gone for a free agent, 74 rated,says his salary is £13000 offered him £22050 +goal bonus +win bonus and he’s said no, I’m on the last day of the 2nd transfer window, over 50 mill +80000 salary and it’s becoming impossible to sign players, so,many aspects of ML seem broken.

Weird. I usually sign them quite a bit below their initial wage demand. Maybe cus it's the last day of the window? I've also got transfers on normal.

You must put ONLY ONE BAR for release fee. It is still broken in any other case.

Its not, granted you have to go nuts and give the player the world, but I max out the release fee and have been able to sign players... just now as a mess around test ive got Hudson Odoi and Jack Grealish for United, on 3 year deals with a release fee maxed, at around double the price I paid for them.

Love this and so true and indicative of gaming now generally..

People had to learn how good pes5 was,it’s nuances..and that took time(weeks and months).If that game had released now it wouldn’t be anything like the product we all loved and remember...

The game industry has become just like the music industry..Decisions by commitee(shits in suits)..Deciding what they think we want and more often then not trying to please everybody.Without actually pleasing anyone.

Why I’m just so tired and bored with so many big budget releases today..The superficial quality always wears off quick and it’s always about how good the core gameplay is..Which these days is so generally lacking..Despite looking as good as some big budget movies..

Imo Konami released a finished product that was balanced over the course of its development cycle.The systems in place worked in symmetry and were fair and consistent.Any bugs or inconsistencies were pretty much identified and ironed out by the time physical copies were being pressed and version 1.00.00 was ready to be shipped.Bare in mind not everybody in the world has the internet.So this idea that the game shipped with bugs or wasn’t optimised couldn’t be further from the truth.The code that shipped on the disc is the same as the demo without all the rough edges..

Just because of what you’ve stated above..They made changes..They panicked and rather then letting people have a month with the base version before dropping a patch.They rushed out a badly tested patch that negates some of the biggest pluses from the demo..and causes player reaction issues.

Is version 1.00.00 on the disc the holy grail..I think it is!..It’s the game I thought I was buying when I fell in love with the demo..but with all the polish I was hoping for..No more and no less.

Having played full years of 16/17/18 I always had the feeling the game started to feel more "broken" as the year neared the next release.

The concept of an negative influence that is external to the in-game elements is laid bare this year from the start.

Its good konami "messed up" like this because its no longer "a feeling" but more of a confirmation.

1.02 is okay. 1.0 demo felt better. but the point is there was a deliberate change for the end user from the advertised product.

to say you can get 1.0 feeling by playing disc is not good enough - you've paid for the whole game which includes online features yet you are limited by something you did not expect.

i didn't see any obvious disclaimer on the demo saying the release version would be different.

[and that folks is why i'm still around these pes forums after 5 years. yay!]

Ps: since they removed the option to choose which team gets replaced when importing TEDs, from others, those (me included ) who want to import a mix-and-match of OFs , in separate days and put some personal work must be extra careful. Affects only PEU-PLA-PAS teams and fake LATAM.
Are there any workarounds for this using a PC to decrypt, edit and encrypt the TEDs? Only I've got a little problem I'd love to get to the bottom of. I've created an extra English team in "Other European Leagues", but because they overwrite Palermo, all the banners in the stadium are in Italian. I was wondering if it's somehow possible to either export the TED and edit the team region, or export an English team, edit all the new team data into it and then import it into the Palermo slot, if that makes sense?

Any ideas? (Also, apologies for the off-topic guys...)

Another question. How are derby matches this year? I've hated them in years past. They're my least favorite thing in the game.

Are there any workarounds for this using a PC to decrypt, edit and encrypt the TEDs? Only I've got a little problem I'd love to get to the bottom of. I've created an extra English team in "Other European Leagues", but because they overwrite Palermo, all the banners in the stadium are in Italian. I was wondering if it's somehow possible to either export the TED and edit the team region, or export an English team, edit all the new team data into it and then import it into the Palermo slot, if that makes sense?

Any ideas? (Also, apologies for the off-topic guys...)
I have no clue about such tools , decrypters PS4-->PC and vice versa. The banners and the fake teams region cannot be changed, at least on console and this is a problem mentioned by many people that are editing.
The best workaround i have seen, it is not even a workaround to be honest, is to find guides around forums that mention which teams uses which language, for example i can tell for sure that Xakoulagos and Herismagiya use greek language banners so can be used for Greece and Cyprus clubs.

Unfortunately this is a problem we must get used to live with. :(

P.S.: @vialli82 experimented with decrypting tools last year or two years ago, but i dont know if he achieved anything on this.

P.S.2: If i were you @Chris Davies , i would export the english team that is over Palermo and re-import it without tick on squad box, over an other english team, on EPL or in PEU, i think there is one with english banners. I.E. Blookrows and Saintragler are from Scotland and they use english banners.

P.S.3: I suppose it is Tranmere Rovers? :)

Its not, granted you have to go nuts and give the player the world, but I max out the release fee and have been able to sign players... just now as a mess around test ive got Hudson Odoi and Jack Grealish for United, on 3 year deals with a release fee maxed, at around double the price I paid for them.
My opinion is only based on how the success possibility meter was changing last year. My method was, minimize the salary and maximize bonuses while keeping the release clause to one bar. Of course if you have the appropriate budget you can try bigger salary with bigger release clause.

Last edited:
My opinion is only based on how the success possibility meter was changing last year. My method was, minimize the salary and maximize bonuses while keeping the release clause to one bar. Of course if you have the appropriate budget you can try bigger salary with bigger release clause.

Yeah ive not played around with it too much in ML, been mainly playing other Cups. But its obviously not working as it should, however you can counter a low release fee, by giving the player the world to agree to a high release fee. I suppose it depends on how you like to manage the finances and if that bothers you or not.

Will be interesting to see how AI teams aggressively pursue good players with low release fees. Common sense would see them go all out to sign them, but this is PES, who knows what logic its built on :WASTED:

Wait just seen this vid from TTBS. Its an afternoon game and even then the sun is lower during the second half. Are we sure its not different per season/per hour etc?
Yes, lighting can be different at different time of days, but that depends on the stadium. Lighting doesn't change between different dates.

Hi all long time lurker here never posted anything but always found the conversation more mature and relevant than other pes forums.

Just a quick question, can you still play with ML defaults? I’m getting the game on Thursday and I create my own custom serie b side and start with the rejects. I’ve heard they aren’t in 2020 though. Thanks in advance

@Mikhail just played 2 matches quickly before date night with the girlfriend. 20190922_192941.jpg 20190922_143513.jpg

Both matches 3 fouls which actually relatively low for me.

Obviously this doesn't take into account advantages which both games had 2 each.

Ps. Yes I beat lazio 6 nil away on superstar difficulty.

Last edited:
One thing I have noticed is the huge section of empty stand behind the right hand goal at old Trafford. Doesn’t affect gameplay I know but it’s an immersion killer and completely unrealistic, Konami needs to step up in these areas because it detracts from the overall package.

Different adboards for different competitions would be nice as well, even if they are just fake companies with a slight resemblance to the real thing. It would set the different leagues/European competitions apart and add a layer of much needed realism. I know EA did it when pes had the uefa licences

@Mikhail just played 2 matches quickly before date night with the girlfriend. View attachment 20448 View attachment 20449

Both matches 3 fouls which actually relatively low for me.

Obviously this doesn't take into account advantages which both games had 2 each.

Ps. Yes I beat lazio 6 nil away on superstar difficulty.

6 goals in one game? I’ve only scored 4 goals in 24 games, please tell me how.

6 goals in one game? I’ve only scored 4 goals in 24 games, please tell me how.

Haha I don't know what team you are using mate but there are a couple things.

Firstly make sure that no one you could end up playing against has deep defensive line on in advanced settings its a stupid thing that Konami add to everyone and it destroys the flow of the game.

The second is use r2 whilst going into physical battles. Your player will often come out on top. Also use r2 for trapping it will keep it away from the defender.

Third is mix up your game. Don't just play slow possession. If your opponent pushes players forward then hit them on the counter. If you have any genuinely quick players they will get away. Also try balls over the top. The strikers do make runs in behind you just have to time the pass properly.

Lastly don't be scared to shield. Play the ball into a play and let go of sprint or r2and just use the stick. The player will feel the pressure and shield the ball, you can then move to the side to roll the defender and get round them.

One thing I have noticed is the huge section of empty stand behind the right hand goal at old Trafford. Doesn’t affect gameplay I know but it’s an immersion killer and completely unrealistic, Konami needs to step up in these areas because it detracts from the overall package.

Different adboards for different competitions would be nice as well, even if they are just fake companies with a slight resemblance to the real thing. It would set the different leagues/European competitions apart and add a layer of much needed realism. I know EA did it when pes had the uefa licences
yeah and rememeber old pes games like pes 2013 you could add custom chants.that really added alot of immersion and atmosphere to the game

yeah and rememeber old pes games like pes 2013 you could add custom chants.that really added alot of immersion and atmosphere to the game
You could add custom adboards to your created stadiums as well if I remember rightly, it’s crazy that we had all this customisation 7 years ago on ps3 but nothing like it since.

When I saw that you could add the partner sponsor logo images in pes 2020 my first thought was that they would be used as adboards in your home games. Surely this would be possible. Come on Konami sort it out :II

Back
Top Bottom