eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

On further play they really do feel broken. The same shoulder button inputs and R3 don't seem to work like they do in 1.0

1st game is nil nil but was still a good game, 2nd game superstar win with a penalty

Need a draw in next game to qualify for 1st time

0-0 at home to the faroe islands with one foul in the entire match. haven't tried full game yet but this looks disturbingly similar to pes 2019 now, very dull, AI spamming first time passes even when it's the worst team. I haven't been following things but I hope enough people are making a fuss about it. Definitely gonna be sticking with the demo since I don't care much about modes anyway

And there it is.

I play this game a lot and know two other people in real life that also play it.

We all play completely differently - and ALL three of us agree that there’s not enough fouls, penalty calls etc to make it “the best football game of all time”.

I’d like you to post evidence of you getting 3-5 fouls EVERY game because I don’t believe that for a second.

Loads of us on here are having plenty of fouls that should be enough proof unless your saying we are all liars and we are making up the AI fouls us for what reason?

Last edited:
In my continuing efforts to find suitable settings for Master League, I may have stumbled on what has been holding me back until now - The camera. After a steamy but torturous relationship with the incredibly sexy Stadium Cam, I have gone back to the also somewhat attractive Dynamic Wide. After a 2-0 loss against AC Milan, I scored the following goal against Atalanta (manual shooting).
It absolutely broke their spirit and I ended up winning 5-0. Then I only just had a draw against the bottom team but I really should have won that one.
So I will be keeping things on Professional for a while, but the new cam might make it easier to get back into top player.

Im not fussed about that but more about if we have "dynamic sun" during winter time afternoon games should start while the sun is lower while during summer the same time should be higher. Just to have variety and immersion. If thats in great news.
Nope, that's not in the game, there's winter lighting in the Allianz Arena in all matches for example.

Loads of us on here are having plenty of fouls that should be enough proof unless your saying we are all liars and we are making up the AI fouls us for what reason?
Like I say, let’s see the evidence? You claim you get 3-5 fouls every match? You’ve got a different game to the one I own.

Got photos to prove your point?

I'm not sure you understand the definition of fact, but let's leave it there.
It’s not just an opinion though, is it? An opinion is me saying that PES 3 is more enjoyable than PES 5, for example.

A fact is something that actually happens. And the fact is: I get fouled once, sometimes never, in nearly every match I play.

And there it is.

I play this game a lot and know two other people in real life that also play it.

We all play completely differently - and ALL three of us agree that there’s not enough fouls, penalty calls etc to make it “the best football game of all time”.

I’d like you to post evidence of you getting 3-5 fouls EVERY game because I don’t believe that for a second.

To be honest. I could easily show that. I'm getting 4-8 fouls per game just from drawing fouls through dribbling let alone any niggle fouls.

My only frustration are the ones that are in the box which should be pens. Apart from that I get about 6-10 per match. Will post some pictures later.

Like I say, let’s see the evidence? You claim you get 3-5 fouls every match? You’ve got a different game to the one I own.

Got photos to prove your point?
Funnily enough i dont take pictures after games have finished but if i manage to get on later tonight il post a few pictures for you. Howzat

To be honest. I could easily show that. I'm getting 4-8 fouls per game just from drawing fouls through dribbling let alone any niggle fouls.

My only frustration are the ones that are in the box which should be pens. Apart from that I get about 6-10 per match. Will post some pictures later.

Yeah i agree with that the fouls you get outside the box never result in fouls inside. Im still only on one penelty since release.

It’s not just an opinion though, is it? An opinion is me saying that PES 3 is more enjoyable than PES 5, for example.

A fact is something that actually happens. And the fact is: I get fouled once, sometimes never, in nearly every match I play.

The other part of your statement said that anyone who says they get more fouls is lying and it's a fact that they don't.

This is the part which isn't factual. As I've pointed out, your definition of what is a fact is flawed as what happens to others isn't up to you to say they are lying.

If you want evidence countering your opinion there is exhibits in this very thread.

I get as little fouls as you.

Funnily enough i dont take pictures after games have finished but if i manage to get on later tonight il post a few pictures for you. Howzat

Yeah i agree with that the fouls you get outside the box never result in fouls inside. Im still only on one penelty since release.
I’ll be waiting for evidence of your matches where you get 3-5 fouls EVERY game you play.

Haven’t played for about a week .had 3 games online and it’s absolutely awful.just getting ran through everytime I have the ball ,full pressure mode .at least in the online demo you could get around this.konami do this every year just have some balls and release the game you really want

Also, considering that a game goes gold one month before the release date, Pes 2020 1.0 code was already written by early August. Demo was out July 30th, they didn't have enough days to change anything

Thats what baffles me. I agree with you - it shouldnt be a different code, but it is. Maybe not different, but polished.

It almost looks like some bloke at Konami stayed one night in the office, didnt say anything to anyone and decided to try to fix collision fouls himself and polish the demo himself. He got it working at the end and was going back home happy and proud.. just to be hit by a bus.. so no one at Konami knew that it was fixed.
...his name was Bob...
:LOL:

0-0 at home to the faroe islands with one foul in the entire match. haven't tried full game yet but this looks disturbingly similar to pes 2019 now, very dull, AI spamming first time passes even when it's the worst team. I haven't been following things but I hope enough people are making a fuss about it. Definitely gonna be sticking with the demo since I don't care much about modes anyway
I can assure its nothing like PES 2019 - hated that game with a passion

I’ll be waiting for evidence of your matches where you get 3-5 fouls EVERY game you play.

So are you saying it's impossible for someone to be good at dribbling to the point they can draw 3 fouls a match from that?

If someone doesn't try and dribble past the ai and just pass it around then I agree they would have few fouls. But it's really easy to draw fouls out of the ai through dribbling.

So are you saying it's impossible for someone to be good at dribbling to the point they can draw 3 fouls a match from that?
No. I’m saying that the game doesn’t award 3-5 fouls every match. It’s not coded to. (And I’m talking about modes that matter like Master League - where it’s vital to be awarded fouls. I’ve had the CPU assault me and be given NOTHING.)

If this was the other game, which also doesn’t award fouls - everyone would be all over it and not making excuses for it. But it’s the same people protecting their beloved PES because “it’s the bestest football game ever.”

If someone doesn't try and dribble past the ai and just pass it around then I agree they would have few fouls. But it's really easy to draw fouls out of the ai through dribbling.
if you spam passing or sprint you probably wont get as many, i mix slow and quick movements and sharp turns to win freekicks. End of the day i genuinely don't give a monkeys left bollock if someone doesn't believe me even after putting up 2 videos showing 3 fouls

Just a little rant... really enjoying the game on the whole, however, the AI is killing me. Playing ML on top player and am sick to the back teeth of the ‘stun opposition player into stumbling by kicking them and easily take ball off them’ and the ‘pull the opposition striker back and easily take the ball off them’ defensive moves the AI has in its locker. I get the occasional free kick either for one of their impossible, telepathic slide challenges going wrong for a change or something completely innocuous. Absolutely blatant fouls preventing goal scoring opportunities; nowt. It’s infuriating in the extreme.

The other main issue is the lack of reaction from player controlled players. Slightest deflection on a pass = attacking player stunned into immobility while the AI defence mops up (and near every pass or shot is blocked/impeded by the AI in some way), honestly lost count of the number of dangerous crosses my forwards have watched in awe and wonder as they sailed harmlessly by. And, and this is the worst, winning the ball back only for your player to be blocked/stunned somehow and becoming rigidly fixed in position while the AI gets up, dusts themselves down, recovers the ball and starts moving forwards once more. At times it feels like you have to win the ball 4 times to gain possession once. Also hate the couple of seconds of utter confusion any player you switch to suffers from ‘who am I, why am I here..’ as the opposition striker strolls past.

Oh, and the inexplicable through ball issue. Want a decent paced ball along the floor? here have a chipped floaty nonsense that lets the defender close the gap.. little 5 yard through pass to the striker in yards of space? Take that ball boy! Then on the odd occasion you do successfully get the ball into the striker in space, he turns to face his own goal and applaud the pass.

It’s so close to being a masterful football game. So close...

Crowd sound effects are awful as well, I can ignore that though.

if you spam passing or sprint you probably wont get as many, i mix slow and quick movements and sharp turns to win freekicks. End of the day i genuinely don't give a monkeys left bollock if someone doesn't believe me even after putting up 2 videos showing 3 fouls
I don’t ‘spam passing or sprint’.

Why is it always our fault that there are no fouls? “Oh you’re playing the game wrong!”

Absolute rubbish.

No. I’m saying that the game doesn’t award 3-5 fouls every match. It’s not coded to. (And I’m talking about modes that matter like Master League - where it’s vital to be awarded fouls. I’ve had the CPU assault me and be given NOTHING.)

If this was the other game, which also doesn’t award fouls - everyone would be all over it and not making excuses for it. But it’s the same people protecting their beloved PES because “it’s the bestest football game ever.”

Nope there is nothing like that. In the box they don't give fouls unless it's a slide. But outside the box they give fouls. I've had no limit to the amount I can win.

Anyway when I get a chance to play ill send you the match report from my matches.

Just a little rant... really enjoying the game on the whole, however, the AI is killing me. Playing ML on top player and am sick to the back teeth of the ‘stun opposition player into stumbling by kicking them and easily take ball off them’ and the ‘pull the opposition striker back and easily take the ball off them’ defensive moves the AI has in its locker. I get the occasional free kick either for one of their impossible, telepathic slide challenges going wrong for a change or something completely innocuous. Absolutely blatant fouls preventing goal scoring opportunities; nowt. It’s infuriating in the extreme.

The other main issue is the lack of reaction from player controlled players. Slightest deflection on a pass = attacking player stunned into immobility while the AI defence mops up (and near every pass or shot is blocked/impeded by the AI in some way), honestly lost count of the number of dangerous crosses my forwards have watched in awe and wonder as they sailed harmlessly by. And, and this is the worst, winning the ball back only for your player to be blocked/stunned somehow and becoming rigidly fixed in position while the AI gets up, dusts themselves down, recovers the ball and starts moving forwards once more. At times it feels like you have to win the ball 4 times to gain possession once. Also hate the couple of seconds of utter confusion any player you switch to suffers from ‘who am I, why am I here..’ as the opposition striker strolls past.

Oh, and the inexplicable through ball issue. Want a decent paced ball along the floor? here have a chipped floaty nonsense that lets the defender close the gap.. little 5 yard through pass to the striker in yards of space? Take that ball boy! Then on the odd occasion you do successfully get the ball into the striker in space, he turns to face his own goal and applaud the pass.

It’s so close to being a masterful football game. So close...

Crowd sound effects are awful as well, I can ignore that though.

Some advice use r2 when they do that as your player will keep hold of the ball and push back.

Nope there is nothing like that. In the box they don't give fouls unless it's a slide. But outside the box they give fouls. I've had no limit to the amount I can win.

Anyway when I get a chance to play ill send you the match report from my matches.
I’m happy for you. (Not being sarcastic, genuinely envious).

I play on SS in ML and I’m lucky if I get one foul most matches. Why would I make this up when I otherwise really enjoy the game?

I hope they patch in fouls. It will ruin the longevity for me if they don’t.

From a game I just finished funnily enough.

CPU got two yellow cards.

Plus advantages I took.

Attachments

• IMG_20190922_133630.jpg
    IMG_20190922_133630.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
What a game I just had!! Played Man city, derby game..I was really struggling in 1st half, 2nd half they got a red card in the 53rd min but managed to score just 5min later and I was down 1-0. But then the magic happened and I completely went all out attack, scored 2 goals in last 5min and won the game!! Guardado was the key man and my super sub several times, first goal tricked the defender on the wing who tried to tackle me and I could easy get into the penalty area which lead to a goal in the end, and second goal a long pass to guardado who was free in the penalty area and smashed ball into the net from a semi volley. Great game, had everything.

Back
Top Bottom