eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Fuck sake

Gonna have to buy the disc version now. The difference dribbling makes is too profound, both for and against.

Facing up defenders with Suso and leaving them with just footwork. Up the other end Coutinho done 3 of my defenders.

Player switching seema better as well, as does the speed differences between players. Much more demo like.

Chuffed for you..I have been saying how good dribbling and retaining the ball is out of the box(physical)..

Enjoy!

One thing I am liking on this PES is the ability to change your objective to an easier one without any penalty. This is great as in previous titles you'd get win the title with Lille etc and you'd be stuck with it and risk being sacked even if you had a pretty decent season. On 20 it still stupidly asks you to win the title with Lille but you can get it down to a top 8 finish which is a lot more realistic.

When the next patch comes out I'd like them to tweak wage budgets a little and bump them up a bit. You might have 80 million in your transfer budget but you can't actually buy an 80 million player as they want a wage you can't afford as you've only been given say 100K wage budget. An alternative would be the FIFA system where you can allocate transfer funds into extra wages.

I thought you could adjust budgets in PES like FM, excess transfer funds into wages etc and vice versa.

You can also give yourself a bigger starting budget in the ML options if you wish

Trying to bite my tongue here fella.
I am 40 years old, have been playing video games and football games since I was 8, I used to play professional football, at U21 level for a then Premier League level team, I hold several FA Coaching badges, and nowadays I work as a software developer and consultant, admittedly not video games but still high levels of coding and logic.

I'd like to think I'm part of the PES community being that I am a paying customer for many years and that i pay out my own money running a website and providing bespoke designed kits to people FOR FREE, in my own time.
I'd also like to think I know a little bit about football.

But people like me and others aren't often heard, because we don't spend our pocket money on MyClub.

Cheers .

I had a feeling something like this would happen. I'm not talking about you. I don't know you. I am speaking from experience with interacting with players not only of PES but all sports games as I play those more than anything else. And when I talk to people, be it online or irl, about sports games there are common patterns of ignorance.

The truth is most people playing sports games don't have more than basic knowledge of said sport and little to no knowledge about software design. That obviously doesn't describe you. So I'm not exactly sure what you're offended about.

I didn't say you aren't a part of the community. Anyone who spends their time playing and discussing the game is part of it. We all are.

My point was that any idea that one segment of the player base having more influence than another on what Konami does doesn't hold much credence especially given how little most of us know about how about of this work (once again, not you). Aka Konami isn't making decisions based on the opinions of a couple lads on Twitter because, more often than not, lads on Twitter have no idea what they're talking about to begin with.

Also I'd rather not bite my tongue again. Last I did so, it bled for a while.

Hi folks, I've had a youtube channel with some PES content on & off for a few years. But PES 2020 is the first game I've given a proper review, it's a fair summary of what I like dislike about the game currently and I'd really appreciate a view and whatever feedback you have
1f642.png

Still enjoying the game. I have to say though, I'm pretty sure the CPU could just headbutt you straight down and you still wouldn't get a freekick! The lack of fouls for the human player is just ... someone must've written a digit too many or something when adjusting that parameter in the code. It's ludicrous! I've played two full ML season, and haven't received a single penalty for instance (although I sure should've had a few!). I'm lucky if I get a foul per every 4 games or so. :p

Slightly off topic but, how do I play against the legends or is that just another advantage the demo has over 1.2? (decided to keep it on topic :BOP:)

So.. Been browsing this forum for quite along time now. More so now Pesfan closed down.
Using pesuniverse optionfile/klashman tactics on 1.2.

How do I go back to 1.2 and I'm assuming all my data/kits will be gone?, guessing I can't connect to the Internet with the earlier version before the patch.

Chuffed for you..I have been saying how good dribbling and retaining the ball is out of the box(physical)..

Enjoy!

Gonna go back and play on PC first. The disc version feels really easy and I think it's linked to the dribbling to be fair.

Again it's a tough choice, the two versions are different and I think which you prefer will depend on what you want from the game.

I haven't really had any frustrations with superstar in Exhibition its pretty much the perfect simulation as theres the challenge but slightly less issues with team spirit etc but I win the majority of matches. In ML there is this added layer of difficulty that you have to overcome initially but Im about 20 games into my season with Everton and sit in 3rd place. I beat defenders for pace with walcott, turn them inside out with bernard and Iwobi. Last game was against sheffield wednesday in the FA cup and I won 7-1 on superstar and it was ridiculously easy. It seems pretty balanced for me but it requires concentration, you cant half heartedly play on superstar in Master league.
Which settings? Which difficulty are u playing?

I dont get how someone can call this game, the best football game in years when the game barely has fouls and has barely 1 penalty given, im simply baffled

My issue is slightly different but equally fucked up...
I decided I will edit everything myself, starting tomorrow. Will take me a while but I will get there. Wont look as smashing as all the OF's, but it will be decent.
Now lets say they bring 1.3 and people say its savage. Fouls are back, dribbling more responsive, pace natural...
I'll go to 1.3 and decide I dont like it...
Go back to 1.0 and have to start from scratch... :LOL: :LOL:
You can copy your 1.0 edit save file to a USB and then it will be there for you to use if you go back to that version after 1.3. Just be careful to not erase or overwrite it.

I dont get how someone can call this game, the best football game in years when the game barely has fouls and has barely 1 penalty given, im simply baffled
There could be more penalties think i have had 4 or 5 but fouls i am getting on average between 4 and 6 every 12 minute game so it has fouls.I wouldnt call that barely. PES 19 was barely and 18 was non existent

So after a few games on 1.0 ive gone back to 1.2. The AI is just lack luster in defence. On superstar in every game i played i was skipping past 3 defenders with an average player and also there felt like too much space for me to attack in

Pes 2020 version 1.0 is the best footy game I've played in years.

The amount of animation even from the keepers is astounding compared to the patched version. You miss out on so much. Let's hope 1.3 is an improvement
This is something that really irks me about 1.2. It's totally inferior animation wise. They've removed so many little contextual ones. It doesn't have the fluidity & flow of the demo or 1.0. The ball physics are also worse in 1.2.

What I really want is the A.i & difficulty of 1.2 and the responsiveness and fluid movement of the demo.
I can't for the life of me understand why Konami couldn't pull this off in the first place? Why the hell did they have to mess around with the player movement & animations and quite clearly make them inferior, it's rigid & sluggish.

Literally nobody fed back that it needed to be this way. I much prefer the A.i on 1.2 so have stuck with it for now. I'm really holding out some hope that they can get the balance right with the patch but they absolutely must scrap & remove the dumbed down player movement and reinstate the missing animations.

I hate to use terms like this but PES 2020 with the patch feels like a slightly improved 2019. PES 2020 out of the box (or demo) feels like a solid evolution and & vastly superior to it's predecessor. It just needs an A.i buff here & there and some tweaks to the fouling system.

Last edited:
So after a few games on 1.0 ive gone back to 1.2. The AI is just lack luster in defence. On superstar in every game i played i was skipping past 3 defenders with an average player and also there felt like too much space for me to attack in
This is also my problem with 1.0.

It's feels so much better to play but is too easy. They need to blend both versions together.

Going to have to re-think my 2-3-5 formation... lets just say goals are not going in the right end :FAIL:

But this would be a winning tactic online without a doubt! 3 x 90+ strikers and 2 big lumps and just keep hammering through balls! Appears to be what most people do! :)

How do you change your controller settings from user 1 to ove or whatever name I want to use?

Hit square when you are choosing which side you are playing on. That should take you to the menu to change the settings. Just press x on the profile name/ data 1 bit and it will bring up the keyboard to change it.

This is also my problem with 1.0.

It's feels so much better to play but is too easy. They need to blend both versions together.
It helps a lot to make stronger the cpu's defense if you properly adjust their tactics.
In M.L. the cpu after about 10 matches becomes very competitive (top player/superstar)
The gameplay of the 1.0 is so beautiful and very close to the demo.
I like it a lot and I think it's much better than 1.02

To be honest I didn't really notice anything better, fouls were similar one match I only had one. AI did dribble but they dribble in the right times on 1.2. After going back I certainly didn't think the AIs tougher but I miss this this and this.
A lot of the issues raised on 1.2 such as lack of fouls, AI freekicks, AI turning in area goals etc I just don't see

Back
Top Bottom