eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

To be honest I didn't really notice anything better, fouls were similar one match I only had one. AI did dribble but they dribble in the right times on 1.2. After going back I certainly didn't think the AIs tougher but I miss this this and this.
A lot of the issues raised on 1.2 such as lack of fouls, AI freekicks, AI turning in area goals etc I just don't see

I am the same as you. I went back to the original patch and in the games i played there were less fouls. I don’t see less fouls in 1.2 i actually see more which is what i like. For me the game has a good balance, so far, but maybe later in ML when the team spirit goes up my experience will be different.

For me this is the PES i have enjoyed the most since the retro days. :)

I dont get how someone can call this game, the best football game in years when the game barely has fouls and has barely 1 penalty given, im simply baffled
It must be your style. I draw in the cpu to get round them and they are always giving fouls away. Reckon i average 3-5 fouls each game from the AI. Try change your play style and get closer to the AI and draw them in.
There could be more penalties think i have had 4 or 5 but fouls i am getting on average between 4 and 6 every 12 minute game so it has fouls.I wouldnt call that barely. PES 19 was barely and 18 was non existent

Exactly this. By the time i have giving away a few fouls im 7 or 8 a game easy if not more. That for a 12 min match is plenty. Imo. Are people expecting 10-20 fouls a game? That would be too much for me far too stop start.

Last edited:
It must be your style. I draw in the cpu to get round them and they are always giving fouls away. Reckon i average 3-5 fouls each game from the AI. Try change your style...

And there it is.

I play this game a lot and know two other people in real life that also play it.

We all play completely differently - and ALL three of us agree that there’s not enough fouls, penalty calls etc to make it “the best football game of all time”.

I’d like you to post evidence of you getting 3-5 fouls EVERY game because I don’t believe that for a second.

1.0 is exactly the same code as demo but applied to the full game, because they didn't have the time to make changes.
1.2 is the development changes they made after demo, August development work.

1.3 or whatever they will call the next patch will have September post release changes.

Personally after i read what are they going to improve with the end of October patch (so late!) i put the game on hold, not because i wasn't enjoying it, but because i feel like i'm playing a beta version of a game that will be completed only in October.

Not a good feeling to be honest. I imagine people paying full price for a game that is still in full development are really angry, can't blame them. I managed to buy it at a low price and that's one of the reasons it didn't bother me too much to buy it around release day, otherwise i would have waited until November.

With the way gaming is going i think it will be more and more rare to have a complete game by release, it's a shame that Konami quickly adapted to the new "trend".

And there it is.

I play this game a lot and know two other people in real life that also play it.

We all play completely differently - and ALL three of us agree that there’s not enough fouls, penalty calls etc to make it “the best football game of all time”.

I’d like you to post evidence of you getting 3-5 to five fouls EVERY game because I don’t believe that for a second.

Best football game of all time? That was Pes 5, and still is Pes 5.

In relation to its period of release that game had everything good you could want from a football game, included fouls that were correctly called, not like Pes 2020 demo where fouls given were mostly just bugs as the dev team already admitted.

Fouls in Pes 5 made sense, referees didn't give a foul because while you were falling your head slightly touched the opponent player...

1.0 is exactly the same code as demo but applied to the full game, because they didn't have the time to make changes
Wrong. And the best proof that its wrong is that fouls are the same as in a current version. You get few a match and you can draw more. In Demo you were getting loads from simple collisions - both for and against you. That doesnt happen on disc version.

Wrong. And the best proof that its wrong is that fouls are the same as in a current version. You get few a match and you can draw more. In Demo you were getting loads from simple collisions - both for and against you. That doesnt happen on disc version.

I see people making indepth tests with 1.0 ( @fideco ) and noticing that 1.0 version is really close to the demo especially about fouls.

Also, considering that a game goes gold one month before the release date, Pes 2020 1.0 code was already written by early August. Demo was out July 30th, they didn't have enough days to change anything.

That's an opinion though not shared by everyone. The game cost me 32 quid delivered and if 1.2 was all I got I'd be more than happy with it, making improvements doesn't make it a beta
Agree. With all the time that you spent on that game - you already got your money back. Its really good to see that most people are enjoying the game - whichever version they play.
The only fear is what comes next. If improvements are all thats coming - great.
Just hope that further patches will not water down all the good elements.

good example of quick change in direction using SC - now forgive me as i was on regular and hadn't realized after re instating 1.2 but works the same on superstar

Agree. With all the time that you spent on that game - you already got your money back. Its really good to see that most people are enjoying the game - whichever version they play.
The only fear is what comes next. If improvements are all thats coming - great.
Just hope that further patches will not water down all the good elements.
agree i am definately going offline for the patch until i read about it as i like 1.2 more than 1.0 and as previously mentioned once the patch comes out 1.2 is gone for good

I see people making indepth tests with 1.0 ( @fideco ) and noticing that 1.0 version is really close to the demo especially about fouls.
Well Im not gonna lie - I dont do any indepth tests.. i just play the game. And in the demo I had the game stopping quite often, because I ran into defender, or fought an air battle. Loads of simple collisions were causing fouls, which doesnt happen to me now playing exactly the same way I played in the demo. Fouls count is same to me as in the full version. Maybe slightly more coz dribbling is more effective so you can draw more.

And there it is.

I’d like you to post evidence of you getting 3-5 fouls EVERY game because I don’t believe that for a second.
Add me to the list of players who think the fouls are virtually non existent. Must be the playing style eh? Lol is all I can say to that
Lol. I've also read on other PES related forums and posts people asking the same question about where the fouls are compared to the demo? Where has the physicality gone? I think to the guy who is suggesting its playing style related... you are clutching at straws mate.

1st game is nil nil but was still a good game, 2nd game superstar win with a penalty

Need a draw in next game to qualify for 1st time
no one said every game but definitely most - 2 game here i shared 1 foul in the first 3 in other and a pen. I regularly win 3-5 fouls its a fact and the games i win 3 freekicks i use advantage on another 2, using quick turns combined with slow dribbles and shielding. I was the first to complain about 18 and 19 to Adam on Twitter but don't feel the need to this year.

Pitch side custom - Zoom 4 Height 0 Angle 10. I guess its much easier than using a zoomed out camera to see when the AI tackles. It's also easier to pass players as i can see their shape more - never get these zoomed out cameras from in the gods but i guess they have their benefits. I was brought up on kick off 2 and the likes using the radar and top down but always preferred the side on closer views

It’s not taboo. But saying “I get 3-5 fouls EVERY match” is simply untrue.

In your experience.

I don't get that much be there's no reason not to believe people who say they do. Use of close control and skills will up the foul count so the chances are they do.

It shouldn't be the case that it works that way, but there is no need to accuse them of lying.

In your experience.

I don't get that much be there's no reason not to believe people who say they do. Use of close control and skills will up the foul count so the chances are they do.

It shouldn't be the case that it works that way, but there is no need to accuse them of lying.
Because people will make up anything to suit their narrative that PES 2020 is the best football game ever.

Until someone posts evidence of their 3-5 fouls every game, I am calling BS.

I have two ML saves. I’ve played 14 matches in one and 8 in the other.

The most fouls I’ve accrued in one match? Three. All the others have had 1 foul per match, 2 if I’m lucky.

Making up stuff that doesn’t exist to protect the game isn’t good for the future of PES. You’re just letting them get away with immersion breaking stuff.

I really enjoy PES 2020 but let’s not ignore the FACTS and the serious lack of penalty kicks and fouls is incredibly annoying.

I also don't get it why people take it personally if you can't win fouls and don't like it just don't play it. Check my posts I say in other posts on average I get 3 - 5 fouls as showed in a video one game I got one.. Rangers v celtic I got 5 in first half. Its evident people can't win fouls for whatever reason but why accuse others who can and have videos to prove it

Was playing 1.2 , coop with my mate. It was honestly torture to play, not because we're bad at the game, but because the responsiveness is horrible, I'm talking in every area of the game. When pressing L1 to change player, meaning you can't pick the right player to defend for you and you can't make the right runs you want in attack, as it takes too long to get the guy you want and then you've lost the ball. Same bad responsiveness is present when dribbling, when turning, when passing and when shooting too.

I uninstalled the game then went back to 1.0. The difference is honestly huge, as the minor changes all have a knock on effect to everything else in the game. Everything is responsiveness, there are realistic fouls by me and against me, the tempo of the game mimics real life football so well, every game is different and interesting, the AI play well, varied but fairly. the physicality is spot on, even the bad foul calls I'm not seeing at all! It is an absolute joy. There is huge variety in the type of goals I am scoring and conceding too, which is a big deal, as nothing breaks immersion like the same goal over and over again. Night and day when compared to 1.2.

Last edited:
I havent played ML yet, what starting times the matches have? Do they have 3pm and 5pm too? Different afternoon games? And if so do the lighting is different? Does the sun sets lower in the afternoon? Does the afternoon games different during winter and summer time?

Because people will make up anything to suit their narrative that PES 2020 is the best football game ever.

Until someone posts evidence of their 3-5 fouls every game, I am calling BS.

I have two ML saves. I’ve played 14 matches in one and 8 in the other.

The most fouls I’ve accrued in one match? Three. All the others have had 1 foul per match, 2 if I’m lucky.

Making up stuff that doesn’t exist to protect the game isn’t good for the future of PES. You’re just letting them get away with immersion breaking stuff.

I really enjoy PES 2020 but let’s not ignore the FACTS and the serious lack of penalty kicks and fouls is incredibly annoying.

It's not a fact though.

You don't play everyone's game the same way they play it under the same conditions.

My experience is the same as yours as I've said. If you look at my posts I'm as critical as anyone. That however don't make it an impossibility others have different experiences, so you calling it a fact in capitals doesn't make it so.

Speaking in absolutes rarely improves conversation, it closes off other opinons and discourse.

I havent played ML yet, what starting times the matches have? Do they have 3pm and 5pm too? Different afternoon games? And if so do the lighting is different? Does the sun sets lower in the afternoon? Does the afternoon games different during winter and summer time?

Yes to everything. There are noon matches, afternoon matches, evening matches, night matches, all with their own lighting according to season. But it's not realtime passing of time: shadows and lighting only change after half time.

Gone back to test the full game.

You can instantly tell the difference in dribbling. Everything feels slower to react to input, harder to pull off and it's much much harder to leave the CPU for pace.

It is still possible to beat them though using R2, L2 and R3 just much harder, to the point it feels broken. I've noticed my players don't automatically shield when on the offside of the defender in 1.2 which makes it much easier for them to come through the back. I know people are against the auto shielding but if you want to dribble effectively it needs to be put back in.

I think somewhere between 1.0 and 1.2 would be the sweet spot.

It's not a fact though.

You don't play everyone's game the same way they play it under the same conditions.

My experience is the same as yours as I've said. If you look at my posts I'm as critical as anyone. That however don't make it an impossibility others have different experiences, so you calling it a fact in capitals doesn't make it so.

Speaking in absolutes rarely improves conversation, it closes off other opinons and discourse.
It is a fact though. Look at 99% of posts on twitter and reddit. There are hardly any fouls in PES 2020.

Fact. It’s as clear as day mate. I’m not looking for an argument. I’m enjoying PES. But I can’t ignore the glaring flaws.

Yes to everything. There are noon matches, afternoon matches, evening matches, night matches, all with their own lighting according to season. But it's not realtime passing of time: shadows and lighting only change after half time.
Im not fussed about that but more about if we have "dynamic sun" during winter time afternoon games should start while the sun is lower while during summer the same time should be higher. Just to have variety and immersion. If thats in great news.

Back
Top Bottom