eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

question:if i go into edit mode and set the freekick taker to someone with a low freekick rating would that stop the computer from scoring every single ******** freekick?

Why is it that some nights the game online is nice and crisp, responsive and quick and other nights is slow, heavy with button delay and slow reaction times ???? This is fkn annoying as hell

what i dont understand that i go to pes instagram and twitter and i read comments of people syaing this is worst trash game ever.demo is better blah blah.i dont understand how so many people think this game is trash.sure it has its flaws but i dont get people syaing its worst game ever because its not like the demo.can someone please explain these type of comments.
Maybe its because you can't dribble from your own area with a CB and smash it in to the top corner. I am not comparing games but FIFA is getting praise and there is actually a video of CB on top difficulty going from his own area all the way to the opposition area and hits the bar. It looks terrible but people love it. PES has had some criticism on here but in the same breath some people are asking what super cancel is or how to use close control or whatever. Some don't want to learn the fine detail to what PES has under the hood that makes it immense this year.

On another note just dropped back to V1 and after 1 cup game it does seem the AI plays differently. I would say with more flare is the best way i can describe it. South Korea tried a few tricks and dribbled more and the goal they scored was sublime that i havent seen before on V1.2

Last edited:
what i dont understand that i go to pes instagram and twitter and i read comments of people syaing this is worst trash game ever.demo is better blah blah.i dont understand how so many people think this game is trash.sure it has its flaws but i dont get people syaing its worst game ever because its not like the demo.can someone please explain these type of comments.

Let me tell you about a thing called "The Internet", where everything is either the best thing ever, or the worst.

I love watching replays. I wish it was better presentation wise but I love watching it because it shows small details, touches and stuffs. I get the same feeling of watching replay as rally sims like Richard burns or dirt rally. It brings the realism out.

Last edited:
My issue is slightly different but equally fucked up...
I decided I will edit everything myself, starting tomorrow. Will take me a while but I will get there. Wont look as smashing as all the OF's, but it will be decent.
Now lets say they bring 1.3 and people say its savage. Fouls are back, dribbling more responsive, pace natural...
I'll go to 1.3 and decide I dont like it...
Go back to 1.0 and have to start from scratch... :LOL: :LOL:

Been thinking about starting that daunting edit task too, so far I've renamed Valencia as.. erm Valencia. It's a start though :LOL:

I really love this game now. It’s perfect on Super Star after I was struggling initially.

I’ve learned how to draw fouls in the box and I’ve won two penalties in my new Man Utd Master League save already.

I love how different the players feel. Mata feels like Juan Mata. Pogba moves and looks like Pogba with his flamboyance and inconsistency (he always gives the ball away for me but is also my most creative player.)

I still don’t enjoy the shooting as much as the other game though, it’s nowhere near as satisfying. If we could have the shooting/feeling of scoring from that and all the other gameplay of PES 2020 I think I wouldn’t ever stop playing.

Lovely game this, good job Konami. There, I said it.

starting to lose the will to live with this game its not even my results in ML im consistently sitting in the top 6 in serie B on superstar but its the fact almost every team just camps on the 18 yard box set to defensive or ultra defensive and take 3 shots a game

it gets tedious after a while I hope serie A is more fun

My biggest fear after enjoying playing Competitions, is that once I get a sorted Option File (need 4 European teams, hurry up!!!) I will hate Master League :D

I know its going to change, but hope its not that dramatic a difference.

Fuck sake

Gonna have to buy the disc version now. The difference dribbling makes is too profound, both for and against.

Facing up defenders with Suso and leaving them with just footwork. Up the other end Coutinho done 3 of my defenders.

Player switching seema better as well, as does the speed differences between players. Much more demo like.

I have to resist. This is on konami to fix. Not for customers to pay another £40.

its been missold.

like a digital PPI scandal.

I really love this game now. It’s perfect on Super Star after I was struggling initially.

I’ve learned how to draw fouls in the box and I’ve won two penalties in my new Man Utd Master League save already.

I love how different the players feel. Mata feels like Juan Mata. Pogba moves and looks like Pogba with his flamboyance and inconsistency (he always gives the ball away for me but is also my most creative player.)

I still don’t enjoy the shooting as much as the other game though, it’s nowhere near as satisfying. If we could have the shooting/feeling of scoring from that and all the other gameplay of PES 2020 I think I wouldn’t ever stop playing.

is you daniel in disguise?

I've come to love your daily updates. I never know which way you're going to go day to day! (At one point I had to think whether there were too guys with your/similar username)
So glad you're enjoying it now...

its been missold.

like a digital PPI scandal.

tenor.gif

I swear i can hold my breath till you change your mind again..... Ha ha ha

Played some version 1.0 on my friends ps4.

Honestly coming from the latest patch the game just feels way too easy. Maybe it's because I'm used to it being hard now but on superstar I got the ball with Messi from the half way line and ran past 6 players and chipped the keeper easier. Also surprisingly defending was far easier as well. I could bully lewndoski easier with umtiti. I felt like I was just just cheating. The ai doesn't even get a chance to try and dribble me because I've already taken the ball from them. I dunno I'm not feeling any great freedom. Only thing is players feel lighter which is fun but I'm finding it all too easy. As also the ai doesn't try to keep the ball like in the patch version they just play it forward quickly everytime.

No. Because I don’t heap endless praise on the game and ignore the flaws.

I’m offended you think I’m Daniel.

No. I get that. However, in the run up to release you had more-negative impression then on release this improved a lot and in the first week I was reading a lot of stuff here. I'd read your posts and I rated your opinion - amongst others - enough to make a purchase an see for myself.

But now, having played the game, I'm not so sure what to trust. I certainly cannot rate the game as highly as your comments make out and the swings of opinion that you have make me feel the game "has you".

I.e that old addage - the game is playing you (and not the other way around).

[just explaining how I see it atm...apologies if any offence taken]

[or maybe i'm just not seeing what you're seeing for whatever reason - modes/controls etc]

Played some version 1.0 on my friends ps4.

Honestly coming from the latest patch the game just feels way too easy. Maybe it's because I'm used to it being hard now but on superstar I got the ball with Messi from the half way line and ran past 6 players and chipped the keeper easier. Also surprisingly defending was far easier as well. I could bully lewndoski easier with umtiti. I felt like I was just just cheating. The ai doesn't even get a chance to try and dribble me because I've already taken the ball from them. I dunno I'm not feeling any great freedom. Only thing is players feel lighter which is fun but I'm finding it all too easy. As also the ai doesn't try to keep the ball like in the patch version they just play it forward quickly everytime.

I did say about it feels a lot easier, in part because of the ability to dribble past players.

Also agree the players feel lighter (more responsive?).

Do feel that it adds more individuality to the game though.

I know I know - I’ve been through many emotions with this game.

But put it this way: I can’t stop going back to it. By now, PES 2019 was in the bin.

Ah don't worry about it. I just feel a bit gutted I made the decision to go digital - now I'm contemplating the disc which is just more expense for a game that should play like the demo off the bat.

I do think there is a daniel element amongst us though - might be lurking or might even be posting here. [It would be too good of a missed opportunity if there wasn't.]

Think I'm going to spend time applying Klash's tactics to ALL EPL teams and then come back to the game to see if I can get something out of it.

Last edited:

maybe im in th minority but i love the shooting.i think its so satisfying and fun when you score a goal

Going to start my Master League in a minute.

Decided to just import 2019 kits/logos over the 4 remaining 'fakes' I have. Beerschot are back, but who cares if they make Europe or not, at least its a legit team. I have then just kits/logos of Dudelange, Hajduk, AIK and Rapid Vienna to cover up the fake teams.

Of course they wont have real players, but tbh I could walk in on them shagging the Mrs and I not know who they are, so a fake sprite in a game wont bother me in that sense.

Here we go then, time for me to hate the game, ill be on the bandwagon soon boys :CURSE::DUMMY:

Almost every team irl is defending with 9 players when they don't have the ball. And by defending I mean almost parking the bus. For example, apart from Liverpool and Man City every team in PL are defending in numbers and blocking every single passing lane when they don't have the ball.
Edit: This was a reply to saintric comment.

well just played spurs chelsea exh mode - 2-1 from 1-0 down and the game felt good.

no dazed looks from players and no defenders suddenly stopping as opposed to my game last night vs leicester.

more of this please, pes 2020, and i'll be happy to have spent money on you.

Back
Top Bottom