eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Bold part: :LMAO:
Yeah. Club with history even if ain’t the best! ;) „Schalke ist untrainierbar“!! :D
Let’s cut it here or move to pm!! It’s ot!!

Rangers go on in my ML btw! Lost 4:1 to Aberdeen. WTF?! :D but I’m not giving up!!
Edit: FYI; highest score in 2020 against me, so far!
Scoring is tough on Pes 20
I don't think I've had more than 3-4 in a game

just played leicester w/ spurs [1.2].
won 1-0 but lamela takes the ball past one defender and instead of the other df collecting the ball, he stops allowing me to score.
also the way my attacker gets dazed when carrying the ball and colliding with opposition is still as lame as it was in 19.

not impressed with that game.

Edit : screw it....top player, exh mode, fuma, klash's tactics applied and still i see this kind of thing? WASTE OF MY TIME. SEE YOU LATER KONAMI.

Last edited:
:RSCARF:

I've yet to be battered by anyone yet. Basel schooled my Aberdeen but it only finished 2-0.
Isn’t that nice?! :)
Scoring is tough on Pes 20
I don't think I've had more than 3-4 in a game
Great.
See, I’m happy that there are no big scores anymore!!
I’ve been watching my friends play on PlayStation, and I see a lot of my friends playing (in my friends list) like 4:5 at the other game !
I don’t want that!

Anyway. You girls have a good night! ;)

Does anyone know if the Extra Frontman Playstyle for Center backs works? All these years I have never truly understand what is was suppose to replicate in a match.
If you play full attack on the top red bar,a cb who has the Extra Frontman playstyle,like Pique for example,will join the attack and basically become one more cf.

The Konami posts read to me like "we just listened to demo feedback and changed the gameplay, but we can't do the same cuz it's the full game" .

Maybe it's an uncharitable reading, and I do appreciate their communication, but I can't help feeling that we would have gotten a better game had they released the full game as the demo.

It's also the second release in a row where FKs are easier to score than PKs.

To be honest, I'm worried that the game will just be forgotten again next week. I don't feel like there's more hype, even with the earlier release date. Almost every top reply on their FB posts is complaining about game play changes.

I buy FIFA, I like it. But I'd rather not have to worry about PES disappearing or becoming more like FIFA.

@ninety3twenty

Here you go, that was quicker than I expected! I wrote this on reddit a while ago -

If you want to do it on Master League then you start shareplay as normal on the ML main menu then when you click 'forward time' go to participant settings (below next match). It should be there that the first blocking notification pops up. Click that (I think player 2 has to do that) and then move both controllers onto one side. Player 1 will click to continue and at that point the second notification will pop up. With the second notification still on screen your shareplay friend should log out of their account. Once you get notified that they've left shareplay and the party, then player 1 can continue to the match set-up screen. Shareplay will continue to be vaguely active even though someone has left.

Once at the match set-up screen you've got 2 options. Your friend rejoins the party or they change to an alternate account and join the party (you'll have to give them a controller again if a different account joins).

We stumbled across this because I had been changing some settings on one of my alternate accounts (in the hope that it would fix the usual problems) so my friend joined the party as a different account and miraculously everything worked. The other day though my friend logged out, went to get a drink but came back as the same account and it worked just fine as well. The one difference is that if you change accounts then the shareplay timer resets itself so you never have to worry about shareplay running out in the middle of a match. The downside is needing 2 accounts although it's easy enough to knock one up. If you come back as the same account then the shareplay timer will continue from when the player left. Either way, you have to do it every match but it does mean you retain any option file stuff you've imported/created in your game.

I honestly thought that because the blocking notifications were the same across all modes then this technique would work for cups, leagues etc, but I can't seem to get it to work anywhere else other than Master League. I'll edit my previous comment now.
You’re a star pal. Works great

Exactly what causes players freezing and not reacting along with the cursor post patch.

What people aren’t considering is the systems in place in this game at gameplay level.Had been slowly implemented and tested over a lengthy development cycle.This idea that patches don’t have knock on effects and are anything like real hardcoding couldn’t be further from the truth.Its a rubber band solution that more times then not creates even bigger issues or the sacrifice of something else(to get it to work properly).

The irony is the demo code wasn’t fully optimised.Only had bugs and inconsistencies in the collision system.The AI was deliberately set up to be passive and only attack when a goal down or on the counter.This was all fixed by the time the vanilla game shipped on disc.

The ball physics feel so loose on the vanilla version of the game..It’s what really shines and makes the game simply arresting to play..Throw in the dribbling movement and range and the possibilities and angles while passing and shooting are staggering..and it’s all backed up by a brilliant collision system(that works almost perfectly and has so many advantages).

I’m not saying post patch is a bad game by any stretch..It just loses a lot of magic and alchemy..The balance is lost,more scripting comes in and it feels a lot more like pes19..

I believe PES Devs Team when they say they just polished the game based on his thoughts. But the point is, cut off ball freedom because it could cause AI awarness issues, it's a wrong idea. Ball freedom makes you believe that ball physics are running in real time and makes feel that the gameplay its fair in consequence. Also it creates lot of situations out of the plot that makes any game feel different and really exciting.

For example, if you look the video I've posted. Demo animation looks buggy in terms of footplanting. However, it makes ball control feel much better.

Then, as Dev, you have to choice: correct some animation issues causing unresponsiveness or not.
Script ball interactions to solve some ball awareness issues or not.

Lot of people prefer freedom instead of solved bugs.

The Konami posts read to me like "we just listened to demo feedback and changed the gameplay, but we can't do the same cuz it's the full game" .

Maybe it's an uncharitable reading, and I do appreciate their communication, but I can't help feeling that we would have gotten a better game had they released the full game as the demo.

It's also the second release in a row where FKs are easier to score than PKs.

To be honest, I'm worried that the game will just be forgotten again next week. I don't feel like there's more hype, even with the earlier release date. Almost every top reply on their FB posts is complaining about game play changes.

I buy FIFA, I like it. But I'd rather not have to worry about PES disappearing or becoming more like FIFA.
m hoping they make free kciks more diffukt in new patch

So, so, so sick of the ridiculous, overpowered shielding. It's absolutely sucking the fun out of the game for me day by day, especially offline.

All the AI does on superstar is turn their back and shield the ball, it's unbearably boring and frustrating, and ANY player who does it becomes a brick wall that's physically unable to be dispossessed.

I absolutely fucking despise it.

So, so, so sick of the ridiculous, overpowered shielding. It's absolutely sucking the fun out of the game for me day by day, especially offline.

All the AI does on superstar is turn their back and shield the ball, it's unbearably boring and frustrating, and ANY player who does it becomes a brick wall that's physically unable to be dispossessed.

i hope thye fix this in patch its a shame we have to wait until october for them to potientallly fix this. ifeel as though konami doesnt even play their game before they release it lol

I notice some members here tend to complaint petty things that went against their way.

Overpowered shielding? Well maybe because the opponents are STRONGER than your CB. Man marked him, play a higher defense line, use tight marking, pair a big and strong CB, or maybe just simply turned down the difficulty.

I mean all the tools are already in the game. You have to take every game individually, be more proactive. And you are playing on higher difficulty, what do you expect?

OK this may sound stupid but I'm playing as Roma in ml an dim unable to change the ball when I go to edit competition. Is there any way to change the ball used?

OK this may sound stupid but I'm playing as Roma in ml an dim unable to change the ball when I go to edit competition. Is there any way to change the ball used?
I have not tried;, but i assume since serieA is fully licensed, you cannot edit the ball.

Played Pes basically all of my gaming life (I'm 50 so must have played them all).
Went away for a few years to FIFA, but have been back playing pes since 2017.

I skipped 19 because of the negative reactions.
Read this forum on a daily basis, basically i come here 4 / 5 times a day.

I'm in love with the demo, really like the loose feel of it, but the 5 min halves suck.
Usually i wait till the game is on sale, by that time there are some really good option files out as well.
But the demo has got me so hyped that i think i'm going to break this habit.
I play strictly offline, mostly just leagues and cups. No master leauge or any other stuff.

So after this long introduction my question :

How different is the full game compared to 18, so not 19, with regard to the offline play
I'm going digital because in the end i want to add the option file.
I simply can't stand to see all those unlicensed kits.

I know the full game is different from the demo (and they are going to try and fix/change it with a patch end of October) but how does 18 compare to the full 2020 game?

Would love to hear a bit more about that.

Thanks.

I feel that it's night and day compared to 18. Graphics, gameplay, less "bugs" or shortcomings, like crosses being too easy to convert in 18. The menus are much better now, the grass as well. The change from 18 to 19 is significant, so is from 19 to 20. So, from 18 to 20 feels very different.

The thing that feels similar (I also wonder how you feel about this btw, being someone who mostly plays league/cup mode) is that the big clubs are too easy to play against relative to small clubs. In 19, I played Eredivisie with Fortuna and the games against the big three felt no more challenging than regular games. Same thing now. I tie Kazakhstan and beat Italy home and away, and there are other examples - it's a consistent trend. In 18 it was the same thing. That bothers me.

If you get the game, I still recommend physical, so you can return/sell it if anything.

Last edited:
@ninety3twenty

Here you go, that was quicker than I expected! I wrote this on reddit a while ago -

If you want to do it on Master League then you start shareplay as normal on the ML main menu then when you click 'forward time' go to participant settings (below next match). It should be there that the first blocking notification pops up. Click that (I think player 2 has to do that) and then move both controllers onto one side. Player 1 will click to continue and at that point the second notification will pop up. With the second notification still on screen your shareplay friend should log out of their account. Once you get notified that they've left shareplay and the party, then player 1 can continue to the match set-up screen. Shareplay will continue to be vaguely active even though someone has left.

Once at the match set-up screen you've got 2 options. Your friend rejoins the party or they change to an alternate account and join the party (you'll have to give them a controller again if a different account joins).

We stumbled across this because I had been changing some settings on one of my alternate accounts (in the hope that it would fix the usual problems) so my friend joined the party as a different account and miraculously everything worked. The other day though my friend logged out, went to get a drink but came back as the same account and it worked just fine as well. The one difference is that if you change accounts then the shareplay timer resets itself so you never have to worry about shareplay running out in the middle of a match. The downside is needing 2 accounts although it's easy enough to knock one up. If you come back as the same account then the shareplay timer will continue from when the player left. Either way, you have to do it every match but it does mean you retain any option file stuff you've imported/created in your game.

I honestly thought that because the blocking notifications were the same across all modes then this technique would work for cups, leagues etc, but I can't seem to get it to work anywhere else other than Master League. I'll edit my previous comment now.
Isn’t it irritating that we have to go all this workaround, while in the meantime a decent COOP mechanic already exists in the game for MyClub and online PvP. How difficult was to implement this in ML and let us with mediocre connections, play a coopVsAI with our friends with just a p2p bridge.
In shareplay I always fail in the connection test cause I have my console wireless connected to the net.

Got this game looking sweet on the Pc.
Really enjoying it but yes there are a few issues that I hope they patch with next update.
One of my biggest annoyances is whenever me and the AI collide the refs calls a free kick with 9/10 times it being awarded to the AI. The refs need to be toned down in that area.

Remember the days when games were tested before they left the warehouse? They really need to employ testers who test the crap out of it before giving the sign off.

Got this game looking sweet on the Pc.
Really enjoying it but yes there are a few issues that I hope they patch with next update.
One of my biggest annoyances is whenever me and the AI collide the refs calls a free kick with 9/10 times it being awarded to the AI. The refs need to be toned down in that area.

Remember the days when games were tested before they left the warehouse? They really need to employ testers who test the crap out of it before giving the sign off.

Yet when they were broken there was nothing that could be done to fix them. You can test things extensively but sometimes things only come up when a game goes live, I'm sure they would rather it was bug/problem free.

I feel that it's night and day compared to 18. Graphics, gameplay, less "bugs" or shortcomings, like crosses being too easy to convert in 18. The menus are much better now, the grass as well. The change from 18 to 19 is significant, so is from 19 to 20. So, from 18 to 20 feels very different.

The thing that feels similar (I also wonder how you feel about this btw, being someone who mostly plays league/cup mode) is that the big clubs are too easy to play against relative to small clubs. In 19, I played Eredivisie with Fortuna and the games against the big three felt no more challenging than regular games. Same thing now. I tie Kazakhstan and beat Italy home and away, and there are other examples - it's a consistent trend. In 18 it was the same thing. That bothers me.

If you get the game, I still recommend physical, so you can return/sell it if anything.

Fully agree that the big teams are too easy to play against. Currently playing a season on 18 with Schalke and could beat Bayern easily.
Some games have scripting in the way that you cannot seem to score.
Cup matches gradually become more difficult but nver do i have fear of playing a good team.

Hope that is better in 2020.
Decided to wait a little longer to see what the patch does, but will definately buy the disc version if i buy at all.

I'm just speechless reading this. I played the game and it doesn't feel at all the only thing Ai does is shielding the ball.

Also, while i wasn't here i read on Twitter people complaining that the shielding was completely eliminated compared to the demo.

I think that people need an opinion balance patch too, not just the game. There are overreactions from one side to the other and i can't blame dev team for being confused about what the hell they have to do with the feedback.

i hope thye fix this in patch its a shame we have to wait until october for them to potientallly fix this. ifeel as though konami doesnt even play their game before they release it lol

The moment they touch this they will without a doubt remove one of the things makes Pes 2020 different compared to Pes 2019. And they can't do that with a simple patch because they risk to destroy everything.

During my times, when internet was not a thing, i played the Pes games and don't think i wasn't frustrated with some of them, i was. But i tried to understand what was wrong with my approach to the game and slowly learned to live with it because as a whole the game was great. Constantly asking to fix the game will put you in a neverending cycle of frustration because even a patched game will never be as you want it.

You want them to fix OP shielding? They will do that, but other will complain that they removed shielding. You will be happy, others will complain.

I really would like Konami to completely disregard feedback and only use it to fix bugs with the game. Feedback on gameplay usually is counterproductive, they should only follow their vision, in everything gameplay related.

Last edited:
To Anyone knowing rules. Is a player allowed to be inside his teams penalty box, when his GK is taking a goal kick?

Hey guys! I have the same problem as I had with pes 2019! Whenever I try to create a friendly lobby and want to play a game vs my friend we always get a connection error! We can join the lobby bit when we want to start the game we have this error no matter who creates the lobby!

Perhaps anybody can help me out with this... The funny Thing is that Team lobbies do function well! Exactly like last year! That is so annoying!

Side question; does anyone have any idea whatsoever when the Italian Serie B (licensed)is coming? (it * is * coming, no?)
or is this going to be Celtic / Rangers all over again?

Isn’t it irritating that we have to go all this workaround, while in the meantime a decent COOP mechanic already exists in the game for MyClub and online PvP. How difficult was to implement this in ML and let us with mediocre connections, play a coopVsAI with our friends with just a p2p bridge.
In shareplay I always fail in the connection test cause I have my console wireless connected to the net.
Proper frustrating. That’s the funny thing about the Efootball too. The online is atrocious. No proper coop divisions, paired with my club teams with a superstar line up already when we are West Ham. Paired against 1 person with 2 cpu.
Plus online is so slow with reactions and movements people just spam pressure.
In all honestly, as everyone knows, the over all package is absolutely abysmal.
Good job it has great gameplay because that’s about it really.
Loving Master league though:BSCARF:

Back
Top Bottom