eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Cheers pal. Very much appreciated.

Wonder why I couldn’t find it.

Coop online seems abysmal again so hopefully this will work. I was also going to try and get my mate to log in as me on his os4 and me as him on mine.

Probably a bonkers idea.

Thanks again

Hi mates, I've made a second feedback video analyzing why final game post patch feels less responsive.

It's due to the player needs more time to reach the ball and trigger a "ready position" animation that makes it react instantly to your next input. Also, this animation a lot of times isn't triggered in final game.

More details in the video:

Hm, should I buy this game? It would be the digital version, sooo is the current version enjoyable? Or does everybody here prefers the vanilla version?
DARE YOU my friend!! Go for the disc version, I’m begging you („beggin‘ ya!!“, if you need some attitude ;) )!
If you trust nobody... let me be that guy walking the hot coals for you...! I’ll even refund you!!
You can’t go wrong with the disc, mate!! Only benefits!!
There’s is always that vanilla version you can go back to. Updates you can do anytime! Its the refined version of the demo! There is the the opportunity to play a game that might be (I pray it’s not) become a Frankenstein of a game with the following updates (bought that from a friend ;) )!
And: They’re is even resell value!

Please. Go for the disc. You won’t be disappointed! ...I bet!
:LOVE:

Last edited:
He is not talking about the demo for God sakes! I really believe that people have troubles understanding, that there was a third version between the demo and current game!
Disc, full, unpatched version has no collision fouls, no passive AI, but it also retains the dribbling, first touch and player pace from the demo!

Its a completely separate entity that plays better than any other football game before!

And the only bugger is that we cannot upload Option Files to it.

Best decision that Konami could have made is to revert to this version (not Demo) and go from there. But it seems that this version is like some phantom gimmick that no one on Konami side wants to discuss.

Any idea what would happen if I reverted back to pre-patch and loaded up my post-patch ML?

Does anyone know if the Extra Frontman Playstyle for Center backs works? All these years I have never truly understand what is was suppose to replicate in a match.

@ninety3twenty

Here you go, that was quicker than I expected! I wrote this on reddit a while ago -

If you want to do it on Master League then you start shareplay as normal on the ML main menu then when you click 'forward time' go to participant settings (below next match). It should be there that the first blocking notification pops up. Click that (I think player 2 has to do that) and then move both controllers onto one side. Player 1 will click to continue and at that point the second notification will pop up. With the second notification still on screen your shareplay friend should log out of their account. Once you get notified that they've left shareplay and the party, then player 1 can continue to the match set-up screen. Shareplay will continue to be vaguely active even though someone has left.

Once at the match set-up screen you've got 2 options. Your friend rejoins the party or they change to an alternate account and join the party (you'll have to give them a controller again if a different account joins).

We stumbled across this because I had been changing some settings on one of my alternate accounts (in the hope that it would fix the usual problems) so my friend joined the party as a different account and miraculously everything worked. The other day though my friend logged out, went to get a drink but came back as the same account and it worked just fine as well. The one difference is that if you change accounts then the shareplay timer resets itself so you never have to worry about shareplay running out in the middle of a match. The downside is needing 2 accounts although it's easy enough to knock one up. If you come back as the same account then the shareplay timer will continue from when the player left. Either way, you have to do it every match but it does mean you retain any option file stuff you've imported/created in your game.

I honestly thought that because the blocking notifications were the same across all modes then this technique would work for cups, leagues etc, but I can't seem to get it to work anywhere else other than Master League. I'll edit my previous comment now.
I’m pretty sure that is helpful for a lot of users! Thanks so much!!

@ninety3twenty I think he deserves a button click on “like” for that! ;)

Cheers pal. Very much appreciated.

Wonder why I couldn’t find it.

Coop online seems abysmal again so hopefully this will work. I was also going to try and get my mate to log in as me on his os4 and me as him on mine.

Probably a bonkers idea.

Thanks again

I just hope it still works! Let us know here if it does. We tried what you mentioned - swapping accounts but no joy. As I said above, it was pure luck that we stumbled across a fix on 2019!

@PRO_TOO Our man already gave me a 'like' for my previous post but thank you for looking out for me! :D

A bit off topic, but this thread is marvelous, just for perspective:

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/fun.37187/

Also a reminder about the Ronaldinho, real football, more collective et al conversation from a few pages ago... that's something that has been said over and over for at least the last sixty or seventy years. And I bet that if I were to research even further back, I'd find the same debate.

Football has changed. Yes I do think it's gotten more utilitarian and that there's less creativity... BUT I think that's because the new paradigms are working towards reducing the need for it and trying to make it easier for technical players to be dangerous. Which I think it happens. Players like Recoba would be much, much, much more valued in today's game.

DARE YOU my friend!! Go for the disc version, I’m begging you!!
If you trust nobody... let me be that guy waking the hot coals for you...! I’ll even refund you!!
You can’t go wrong with the disc, mate!! Only benefits!!
There’s is always that vanilla version you can go back to. Updates you can do anytime! Its the refined version of the demo! There is the the opportunity to play a game that might be (I pray it’s not) become a Frankenstein of a game with the following updates (boroughs that from a friend ;) )!
And: They’re is even resell value!

Please. Go for the disc. You won’t be disappointed! ...I bet!
:LOVE:
Thank you very much for your detailed and lovely response.
But I want to play PES online, too. In general staying at vanilla version is no option for me. Does 1.2 differs much from vanilla?

A bit off topic, but this thread is marvelous, just for perspective:

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/fun.37187/

Also a reminder about the Ronaldinho, real football, more collective et al conversation from a few pages ago... that's something that has been said over and over for at least the last sixty or seventy years. And I bet that if I were to research even further back, I'd find the same debate.

Football has changed. Yes I do think it's gotten more utilitarian and that there's less creativity... BUT I think that's because the new paradigms are working towards reducing the need for it and trying to make it easier for technical players to be dangerous. Which I think it happens. Players like Recoba would be much, much, much more valued in today's game.

Interesting read that. PES3 and 5 take a bit of a bashing and they are (arguably) considered the two best PES games ever. I found posts of mine on PES Insight (now PES Gaming) from 2003 criticising PES3. Now I would call it the best football game ever. In summary:

Alsoa reminder about the Ronaldinho, real football, more collective et al conversation from a few pages ago... that's something that has been said over and over for at least the last sixty or seventy years. And I bet that if I were to research even further back, I'd find the same debate.

Maybe because football is constantly changing?.
That doesn't make it any less true.

You watch an EPL match today between two of the top 5 teams, and you can count how many times a player attempts to dribble...
TIP: You'll only need one hand.

Any idea what would happen if I reverted back to pre-patch and loaded up my post-patch ML?
Error messages.. :LOL:
Thats what I did.
At the start it threw up few error messages saying
'data save thingy majig is not up to scratch with your current version. Try to load again or create new one'
Then
'Edit data thingy majig is not up to the yoke. Try again or create new one'
Basically had to start again..

Error messages.. :LOL:
Thats what I did.
At the start it threw up few error messages saying
'data save thingy majig is not up to scratch with your current version. Try to load again or create new one'
Then
'Edit data thingy majig is not up to the yoke. Try again or create new one'
Basically had to start again..

Woah - spare me the technical mumbo jumbo mate!

I thought as much. You can't fight the system.

Maybe because football is constantly changing?.
That doesn't make it any less true.

You watch an EPL match today between two of the top 5 teams, and you can count how many times a player attempts to dribble...
TIP: You'll only need one hand.

Yes, it is. But somehow people still say the same things over those changes, no matter what they are. I bet in 10-15 years people are going to see this era as they see early 2000s and say the same things you're saying. Because those were the things that were said.

I actually find that there's less *need* for creativity and more *need* for fast, precise technical execution of plays. Also, there's a lot less acceptance of error. Losing the ball is called as a sin, some decades ago what was seen as a sin was not trying, thus you had much more forward passes and dribbling attempts, but also each offensive play had a much more reduced time. Now, plays take longer and you see until you get an opening and then the much offensive players have to execute quick, precise things.

It creates a more entertaining game for some, a more boring game for others.

Anyway, I don't agree that PES gets really affected by that. I love creating classic players and teams and if you set the tactics and players skills, etc, you get a game flow that is similar to past decades, and the other way around. I think PES is pretty maleable that way.

PS:

I know you speak spanish, so this is a video from 21 years ago:

Last edited:
I played a whole season,simmed a few games,in under a week,don’t know when that happened before?
Think I need to pace myself a bit,so I’m watching Schalke v Mainz,obviously having the very good @PRO_TOO as a spiritual guide when watching it.

Thank you very much for your detailed and lovely response.
But I want to play PES online, too. In general staying at vanilla version is no option for me. Does 1.2 differs much from vanilla?
A, and I mean like the first letter in alphabet, LOT!!! :D
Have a look at the latest 2 pages here... you’ll find one post describing it all too good!

Hm, should I buy this game? It would be the digital version, sooo is the current version enjoyable? Or does everybody here prefers the vanilla version?

demo (1.0) definitely feels more fun, 1.2 is an acceptable improvement over pes 19 (that's what I say to myself to make me feel my digital purchase has value).

what kind of (crappy) game company asks its players to double down - pay £40 for online play and £40 for quality offline play?

I hope the 1.2 reverts to 1.0 (or there becomes an option to select between the versions) but I think they reckon that the longer they leave it, the 1.0 lovers will fade away and then they can just ignore the issue.

can someone confirm to me, i saw a rumor about the Japanese version of WEPES being closer to the demo gameplay??? is the latest patch for the japanese version different than the patch for EU and American versions?

:LOVE: Now I can’t “not think” of you watching Buli! :LOL:
Mainz equalized at least... and then it went all to hell in 89th...
Yes it picked up in the last 10-15 min.
I'll watch every team that has a beer pipeline from the brewery to the stadium.
Strange that Schalke has become so poor.

Yes it picked up in the last 10-15 min.
I'll watch every team that has a beer pipeline from the brewery to the stadium.
Strange that Schalke has become so poor.
Bold part: :LMAO:
Yeah. Club with history even if ain’t the best! ;) „Schalke ist untrainierbar“!! :D
Let’s cut it here or move to pm!! It’s ot!!

Rangers go on in my ML btw! Lost 4:1 to Aberdeen. WTF?! :D but I’m not giving up!!
Edit: FYI; highest score in 2020 against me, so far!

Hi mates, I've made a second feedback video analyzing why final game post patch feels less responsive.

It's due to the player needs more time to reach the ball and trigger a "ready position" animation that makes it react instantly to your next input. Also, this animation a lot of times isn't triggered in final game.

More details in the video:

Exactly what causes players freezing and not reacting along with the cursor post patch.

What people aren’t considering is the systems in place in this game at gameplay level.Had been slowly implemented and tested over a lengthy development cycle.This idea that patches don’t have knock on effects and are anything like real hardcoding couldn’t be further from the truth.Its a rubber band solution that more times then not creates even bigger issues or the sacrifice of something else(to get it to work properly).

The irony is the demo code wasn’t fully optimised.Only had bugs and inconsistencies in the collision system.The AI was deliberately set up to be passive and only attack when a goal down or on the counter.This was all fixed by the time the vanilla game shipped on disc.

The ball physics feel so loose on the vanilla version of the game..It’s what really shines and makes the game simply arresting to play..Throw in the dribbling movement and range and the possibilities and angles while passing and shooting are staggering..and it’s all backed up by a brilliant collision system(that works almost perfectly and has so many advantages).

I’m not saying post patch is a bad game by any stretch..It just loses a lot of magic and alchemy..The balance is lost,more scripting comes in and it feels a lot more like pes19..

Last edited:
Bold part: :LMAO:
Yeah. Club with history even if ain’t the best! ;) „Schalke ist untrainierbar“!! :D
Let’s cut it here or move to pm!! It’s ot!!

Rangers go on in my ML btw! Lost 4:1 to Aberdeen. WTF?! :D but I’m not giving up!!
Edit: FYI; highest score in 2020 against me, so far!

:RSCARF:

I've yet to be battered by anyone yet. Basel schooled my Aberdeen but it only finished 2-0.

Back
Top Bottom