eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Does anyone know what can be done to messi in terms of player styles and traits to make him more threatening?
Occasionally he behaves like messi but way too much passing backwards. Only rarely does he drive at the box etc.

It's strange as dybala and b Silva are far more threatening than messi in this game and often in the way of his real life playing style!

I agree.
Messi has been portrayed rather poorly. Odd, since he's their cover star.

In the first one, there's a tiny touch on the ball, you can see the slight change in spin on the ball... In real time that looks dodgy but fair enough, no foul... Still hate that long stumbling animation though.

The second one is a foul for me, very hard to cleanly get the ball from that angle and you can see the contact before the ball if you slow it down.

How about this one?

ezgif-4-1ec034ae7f4b.gif

This kind of thing is very common for me, maybe not looking that extreme but where the CPU/online opponent just sprints into you and both players end up stumbling/falling and nothing gets given...

Yes, definitely a bug, i think we can all agree. Cant remember it happening to me frequently but i will keep an eye on it so that maybe we can get some more video evidence and send a compilation to the devs.

I agree.
Messi has been portrayed rather poorly. Odd, since he's their cover star.

Exactly. Cover star...
Whilst having a whole load of other players playing the way he does...
Baffling.
Hazard too, in his own way, when his team is on red mentality plays the way he does..

There was a play style change suggested in the past, by klashman i think. Cant remember what though.

Exactly. Cover star...
Whilst having a whole load of other players playing the way he does...
Baffling.
Hazard too, in his own way, when his team is on red mentality plays the way he does..

There was a play style change suggested in the past, by klashman i think. Cant remember what though.

Well, I'm thinking the obvious thing to do here would be to take a quick look at other player's stats and traits and replicate them.
For example, let's see what Dybala's stats and traits are and let's replicate them on Messi and see if he becomes as good as Dybala (now there's a line I never thought I would say).

Long time lurker, last posted back when PES15 had just come out.

Anyway, Reading this thread for the last 3 weeks has been like watching a relationship in fast forward...

Wow, this is amazing, so in love
You're getting on my nerves
OK, I'm done, let's break up
Oh, go on then, one more chance

Seriously guys, some of you for your own sanity need to take a break from the forums.

Is the game perfect? No. Will it ever have the other games bells and whistles with regards to Presentation? No. Will any company, ever, be able to truly replicate football on a video game - a game where so many different outcomes can happen, all because each one is being made by a human who has to respond in a split second to what is unfolding in front of him? No.

I've been playing footy games since the days of Kick Off on the Master System. I've played nearly every footy game that ever came out since then. Bar Sensible Soccer and PES5 - you can't compare games from different eras, that's daft and you have to take into context which each one does with the capabilities of the machine at the time in question - this is the best footy game I've ever played.

Yes, like any game ever made, there are a few bits that need polishing or sorting out. But here is the thing - it doesn't make it unplayable.

The tempo, weight of the players, animations, IMO are all fantastic. I can't stop playing this game and I've not felt like that about PES in years. Yes, team spirit exists in ML, but I want a challenge. I want to submerge myself into a virtual world where I don't win 5-0 every week, where my 67 rated RB defies his stats and is my favourite player, where every chance you create matters, where mistakes get punished, where if I adapt my tactics and go all out attack, I'm gonna possibly get caught on the counter but in the meantime, I will lay siege to their goal and have great fun doing so.

This game offers all them things and more. I'm old enough to see past cosmetics and this plays a hell of a game of football.

So guys, stop the pursuit of perfection, stop comparing this game to real life or to FIFA, chill out if you lose a game or 3 and you'll, hopefully, start to enjoy what's under the bonnet.

Konami..We are going to release another patch to correct the issues caused by the first patch ie..Player reaction issues,freezing and all the other things the patch created..Which was a rush job to appease the community and created issues that weren’t in the demo or vanilla code.

We had a balanced game but instead took the advise of people that thought they knew how to make a football game better then us..

We had already resolved the phantom foul issues but didn’t communicate this and instead choose to totally butcher the physicality system and dribbling with a patch..This way the community can abuse the X button and just press without reprimand.

Let’s water down the fundamentals because unless people are breaking the back line more regularly and not getting goals it’s no fun..Sod having to spend weeks working out the finer nuances of the game,that’s not how it is now..Little johnnny just wants to easily pass and score goals without ever having to retain or exactly break a team down with patience..

Heaven forbid that’s there’s any error or miscontrol..

We can then release press statements claiming the vanilla code was buggy when it wasn’t and actually plays better then post patch code(which we badly tweaked)..Because people that went digital will soon realise eventually they were done up the tale pipe..and had a inferior product forced on them...

Sorry had to get this off my chest..This in my mind is what really happened(tin foil hat free).

Last edited:
Well, I'm thinking the obvious thing to do here would be to take a quick look at other player's stats and traits and replicate them.
For example, let's see what Dybala's stats and traits are and let's replicate them on Messi and see if he becomes as good as Dybala (now there's a line I never thought I would say).

Nah, he'll never be as good as dybala...

I've thought about that. My suspicion is it wont work in that simple way because this is pes and nothing is straightforward under the hood.

I'll try later tonight and report back on findings...

Long time lurker, last posted back when PES15 had just come out.

Anyway, Reading this thread for the last 3 weeks has been like watching a relationship in fast forward...

Wow, this is amazing, so in love
You're getting on my nerves
OK, I'm done, let's break up
Oh, go on then, one more chance

Seriously guys, some of you for your own sanity need to take a break from the forums.

If you are indeed a long time lurker then you should know this happens every single year.

The only difference this year is that there's a lot more people who love the game than the past 4 years combined.

Konami..We are going to release another patch to correct the issues caused by the first patch ie..Player reaction issues,freezing and all the other things the patch created..Which was a rush job to appease the community and created issues that weren’t in the demo or vanilla code.

We had a balanced game but instead took the advise of people that thought they knew how to make a football game better then us..

We had already resolved the phantom foul issues but didn’t communicate this and instead choose to totally butcher the physicality system and dribbling with a patch..This way the community can abuse the X button and just press without reprimand.

Let’s water down the fundamentals because unless people are breaking the back line more regularly and not getting goals it’s no fun..Sod having to spend weeks working out the finer nuances of the game,that’s not how it is now..Little johnnny just wants to easily pass and score goals without ever having to retain or exactly break a team down with patience..

Heaven forbid that’s there’s any error or miscontrol..

We can then release press statements claiming the vanilla code was buggy when it wasn’t and actually plays better then post patch code(which we badly tweaked)..Because people that went digital will realised eventually they were done up the tale pipe..and had a inferior product forced on them.

I remember you telling me that the way the defense backs off and artificially creates space for the attacks was good game design.

If you are indeed a long time lurker then you should know this happens every single year.

The only difference this year is that there's a lot more people who love the game than the past 4 years combined.

Indeed, I have seen. I guess this year, I just don't see the gripes people are having but each to their own and everyone has a different experience when it comes to gaming.

I've not really played footy games last few years. Had a good stint on XBox1 with FIFA16 and last year, I tried, so bloody hard to like PES19 after moving to PS4. I did a fair few seasons on ML but it almost became repetitive, you could predict what would happen.

I feel this years game doesn't do that. Yes, in no ways is it perfect and I am by no means a Konami or PES fanboy, but to have that 'just 1 more game' feeling back, before going to bed or something, I've not experienced in about 15 years since PES5!!

I remember you telling me that the way the defense backs off and artificially creates space for the attacks was good game design.

No I didn’t..I said it happens in real football..Teams don’t press for 90 minutes and do in reality create space..Goals would never be scored otherwise.Your see plenty of examples of defenders in real life deliberately backing off and maintaining structural intergrity..They don’t always close the ball carrier right down.Its context..I watched enough football games the last 44 years..

Argue with me as much as you want..But it doesn’t change imo that the vanilla game is superior to the demo and post patch code..

The truths out there..And I was saying this from day one of the demo how good that code was..That hasn’t never changed and I’m still loving the game vanilla..

Could show you captures that would blow your mind!..It’s fruitless though because everyone will be on the next patch soon and the game will become more flat and streamlined..

All the good in the demo and vanilla code will be forgotten..

That said I’ve got a cracking offline football game this year..

Maybe you should revert back and re-educate yourself about how close they had it to the real game..I am and enjoy!

Last edited:
Does anyone feel like a player like Douglas Costa and Mbappe feel really slow and their dribbling isn't as good as other players?

I feel like it must be their attributes or player skils that makes them feel slow but I can't work out what it is.

No I didn’t..I said it happens in real football..

Argue with me as much as you want..But it doesn’t change imo that the vanilla game is superior to the demo and post patch code..

The truths out there..And I was saying from day one of the demo that it was a megatron..That hasn’t never changed and I’m still loving the game vanilla..

Could show you captures that would blow your mind!..It’s fruitless though because everyone will be on the next patch soon and the game will become more flat and streamlined..

Enjoy..

How is this an argument?

I never said that the demo code wasn't superior in aspects to the full game, I said the demo was great, it inspired me to Day 1 purchase for the first time in years. However, something happening in real football on a occurrence isn't the same as it happening 9 times out of 10 in the game. Defenders don't run away from on coming attacks the majority of the time for example.

They have acknowledged the fact that this is broken and are going to fix it.

How is this an argument?

I never said that the demo code wasn't superior in aspects to the full game, I said the demo was great, it inspired me to Day 1 purchase for the first time in years. However, something happening in real football on a occurrence isn't the same as it happening 9 times out of 10 in the game. Defenders don't run away from on coming attacks the majority of the time for example.

They have acknowledged the fact that this is broken and are going to fix it.

Must be a post patch thing..I know it was a real issue in the demo but cpu defensive behaviour is spot imo vanilla..There always tight on my players around the box and although not right in my face.There still covering the pockets of space around me and passing channels..There smart and I mean smart!

This game vanilla..Teams struggle to score against me even outside of exhibition(superstar).The defensive side of the game this year is sublime(vanilla)..Theres more of the fabled scripting post patch..The balance is slightly lost imo..

I can just retain the Ball and patiently choose my moments.The dribbling and physicality system allows this..It’s brilliant and far cry from the demo and how I was playing the game weeks ago..

Last edited:
No I didn’t..I said it happens in real football..Teams don’t press for 90 minutes and do in reality create space..Goals would never be scored otherwise.Your see plenty of examples of defenders in real life deliberately backing off and maintaining structural intergrity..They don’t always close the ball carrier right down.Its context..I watched enough football games the last 44 years..

The truths out there..And I was saying this from day one of the demo how good that code was..That hasn’t never changed and I’m still loving the game vanilla..

Maybe you should revert back and re-educate yourself about how close they had it to the real game..I am and enjoy!
Im loving the full game these days once adapted from the demo. Im gonnae fire the game on my sons PS4 and see how more magical the gameplay is vanilla. I shall report back with my findings.

I never said that the demo code wasn't superior in aspects to the full game, I said the demo was great, it inspired me to Day 1 purchas
He is not talking about the demo for God sakes! I really believe that people have troubles understanding, that there was a third version between the demo and current game!
Disc, full, unpatched version has no collision fouls, no passive AI, but it also retains the dribbling, first touch and player pace from the demo!

Its a completely separate entity that plays better than any other football game before!

And the only bugger is that we cannot upload Option Files to it.

Best decision that Konami could have made is to revert to this version (not Demo) and go from there. But it seems that this version is like some phantom gimmick that no one on Konami side wants to discuss.

I’ve been looking for awhile and it doesn’t seem possible but does anyone know how to do shareplay master league.?

Be gutted if we can’t do it.

Keeps asking for a sub account which isn’t possible with shareplay.

Thanks

He is not talking about the demo for God sakes! I really believe that people have troubles understanding, that there was a third version between the demo and current game!
Disc, full, unpatched version has no collision fouls, no passive AI, but it also retains the dribbling, first touch and player pace from the demo!

Its a completely separate entity that plays better than any other football game before!

Best decision that Konami could have made is to revert to this version (not Demo) and go from there. But it seems that this version is like some phantom gimmick that no one on Konami side wants to discuss.

Thumbs up..i tip my hat!

I second this!

Edit: ...without the “for god sakes” thing! :LOL:

I’ve been looking for awhile and it doesn’t seem possible but does anyone know how to do shareplay master league.?

Be gutted if we can’t do it.

Keeps asking for a sub account which isn’t possible with shareplay.

Thanks

You could definitely do this on 2019, it was a bit fiddly and I can't quite remember how. I'll have a look into it and get back to you.

@ninety3twenty

Here you go, that was quicker than I expected! I wrote this on reddit a while ago -

If you want to do it on Master League then you start shareplay as normal on the ML main menu then when you click 'forward time' go to participant settings (below next match). It should be there that the first blocking notification pops up. Click that (I think player 2 has to do that) and then move both controllers onto one side. Player 1 will click to continue and at that point the second notification will pop up. With the second notification still on screen your shareplay friend should log out of their account. Once you get notified that they've left shareplay and the party, then player 1 can continue to the match set-up screen. Shareplay will continue to be vaguely active even though someone has left.

Once at the match set-up screen you've got 2 options. Your friend rejoins the party or they change to an alternate account and join the party (you'll have to give them a controller again if a different account joins).

We stumbled across this because I had been changing some settings on one of my alternate accounts (in the hope that it would fix the usual problems) so my friend joined the party as a different account and miraculously everything worked. The other day though my friend logged out, went to get a drink but came back as the same account and it worked just fine as well. The one difference is that if you change accounts then the shareplay timer resets itself so you never have to worry about shareplay running out in the middle of a match. The downside is needing 2 accounts although it's easy enough to knock one up. If you come back as the same account then the shareplay timer will continue from when the player left. Either way, you have to do it every match but it does mean you retain any option file stuff you've imported/created in your game.

I honestly thought that because the blocking notifications were the same across all modes then this technique would work for cups, leagues etc, but I can't seem to get it to work anywhere else other than Master League. I'll edit my previous comment now.

Back
Top Bottom