eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Regarding the dribbling responsiveness.

I've upped the game speed by 1 and this has helped tremendously.

Also (and again it shouldn't be this way) now using L2 and R2 at the same time I'm finding I can shield the ball and hold off defenders again like it would automatically in the demo. Been able to ride challenges (somewhat) and stop them going through the back of me. Then I can break away.

(I'm not sure if it's L2, by itself R2 by itself of the combination, but I'm pressing both and it's working)

It's like they removed the automated nature of dribbling and made it more manual.
But upping the game speed has made a big difference. I think I had it on -1 on the PS but -2 on the PC.

Best way I can describe it is without the input the game decides you're not protecting the ball so the CPU can do what it likes and it's not a foul. As if the input triggers the foul scenario, all of a sudden the CPU got booked twice.

It must’ve read my rant as Burnley just had a player sent off :BOP: for chopping down a forward running through, first red card I’ve seen...

Also (and again it shouldn't be this way) now using L2 and R2 at the same time I'm finding I can shield the ball and hold off defenders again like it would automatically in the demo. Been able to ride challenges (somewhat) and stop them going through the back of me. Then I can break away.

(I'm not sure if it's L2, by itself R2 by itself of the combination, but I'm pressing both and it's working)

It's like they removed the automated nature of dribbling and made it more manual.
But upping the game speed has made a big difference. I think I had it on -1 on the PS but -2 on the PC.

Best way I can describe it is without the input the game decides you're not protecting the ball so the CPU can do what it likes and it's not a foul. As if the input triggers the foul scenario, all of a sudden the CPU got booked twice.

Just r2 helps with shielding no need for l2

But upping the game speed has made a big difference. I think I had it on -1 on the PS but -2 on the PC
It does help, I did notice it myself when I was still playing current version. Responsiveness and dribbling was better at zero speed.
Problem is - zero speed also has these moments, where, especially AI, starts pinging the ball around and it all looks and feels too fast to me. Thats what I meant when I was talking about slow/fast moments.
Speed is out of balance due to shortened animations, snappier passes and quicker first touch.

At the end of the day it was the pace that made me go back to 1.0.

-1 felt too slow,
0 felt too fast.
...and not all the time, but it had very frustrating moments...

I’ll start by saying it’s the best Pro Evo on Fox engine.

Played over half a season of ML as Barnsley on superstar 12 min assisted passing/shooting, I’m bottom of the league and love it.

+ Players stats really matter now, in past fox engine games you could play silky football with poor players not anymore.

+ Ai score variety of goals (headers, tap ins from crosses, long rangers, chips etc) even had them score an outrageous bicycle kick but this was scored by lewandowski.

+ Scoring goals yourself is challenging and rewarding especially with poor players.

+ lots of variety in games and cpu will switch up tactics on the fly

Negatives:
  • player response issue for loose/misplaced balls
  • Free kicks overpowered for both cpu and player

• Cpu can keep the ball a little too well at the back when leading

• still seems to be a huge lack of penalties given by cpu

• Cpu defence mirror you a little too well when dribbling needs to be a balance between demo and full game, but prefer it how it is now

• Some games midfield can be bypassed by sprinting through with a defensive player

It’s not perfect but it ticks all the boxes I want from a football game (stats, error, challenging cpu, variety of goals) so will keep me entertained for the season

I don’t ‘spam passing or sprint’.

Why is it always our fault that there are no fouls? “Oh you’re playing the game wrong!”

Absolute rubbish.
Did i ever say, you do this and you do that or Your playing it wrong..dont think i did but please quote me if i did. I'm not the one going around branding people liars so do yourself a favour if you really don't like it sell the game, delete it, burn it or whatever but stop coming on here firing accusations at people. Hopefully the mods step in now and close this childish discussion down.

I’m having real trouble signing anyone in ML, offered 35m for a player and the reason he turned me down? He didn’t think I’d play him! I’m playing as Aston Villa not Juventus, even 74 rated French 2nd division players are turning me down, why, Its not like I’m trying to sign top players from top clubs,
I’m on the second transfer window and I’ve had around 38 players turn down a move to the premier league, it’s laughable.

Anyone else struggling?

Nope there is nothing like that. In the box they don't give fouls unless it's a slide. But outside the box they give fouls. I've had no limit to the amount I can win.

Anyway when I get a chance to play ill send you the match report from my matches.
Also not correct, i have 2 stand up tackle pens

25:55 mins on the video Henderson brought down with a standing tackle

It must’ve read my rant as Burnley just had a player sent off :BOP: for chopping down a forward running through, first red card I’ve seen...

I just played Burnley and after they took the lead at the end of the 1st half they dropped back for the whole of the 2nd half and fouled me so many times around 30 yards out, at least 6 times. Should have scored one of the free kicks but didn't couldn't judge the swerve of my player.

Playing fixed cursor on top player is proving very difficult this year. I'm playing as Arsenal and although my player's stats are stacked my teammates AI is pretty dodgy compared to last year on professional. It might be team spirit related but that's up to 86 now and my team is still a bit naff. I've only won about 5 games upto to Christmas, it's a real slog, hoping season two is better, assuming I'm not sacked before the end of this season!

Did i ever say, you do this and you do that or Your playing it wrong..dont think i did but please quote me if i did. I'm not the one going around branding people liars so do yourself a favour if you really don't like it sell the game, delete it, burn it or whatever but stop coming on here firing accusations at people. Hopefully the mods step in now and close this childish discussion down.
You’re the one that needs to grow up. People throwing hissy fits over a video game for god sake.

Im so f***** frustrated right now..went out of the EL against Dynamo Kiev. I dominated first game away, won 1-0,they didn't have a chance. Now 2nd game I lost 2-0 home, hit the bar two times from free kicks, missed one o one aswell before their 2nd goal in the end..dont know but seems that free kicks are a bit harder now. Even a game before where I scored from it, it came on the bar first and in...I would want restart this game out of frustration but haven't saved before it so that's it. They played with attacking level whole game, second half I pressed but totally unlucky

You’ve upped the game speed by 1, but to what level +1?

So I'm seeing people talking about fouls. Today's session of 4 games..Man city 5 fouls(red card from AI), west ham I think 2 fouls, Dynamo Kiev away game 3 fouls, Dynamo Kiev home game 3 fouls. I had at least 4 fouls just outside the box..scored one, hit the bar 2-3 times.

Need to find inspiration for my long term ML career.
Im too crap for Serie B...going to have to go top flight by the looks of it

I’m having real trouble signing anyone in ML, offered 35m for a player and the reason he turned me down? He didn’t think I’d play him! I’m playing as Aston Villa not Juventus, even 74 rated French 2nd division players are turning me down, why, Its not like I’m trying to sign top players from top clubs,
I’m on the second transfer window and I’ve had around 38 players turn down a move to the premier league, it’s laughable.

Anyone else struggling?

Check out the free agents, they're almost too easy to sign. :p

Check out the free agents, they're almost too easy to sign. :p

Just gone for a free agent, 74 rated,says his salary is £13000 offered him £22050 +goal bonus +win bonus and he’s said no, I’m on the last day of the 2nd transfer window, over 50 mill +80000 salary and it’s becoming impossible to sign players, so,many aspects of ML seem broken.

Just gone for a free agent, 74 rated,says his salary is £13000 offered him £22050 +goal bonus +win bonus and he’s said no, I’m on the last day of the 2nd transfer window, over 50 mill +80000 salary and it’s becoming impossible to sign players, so,many aspects of ML seem broken.
Really strange, maybe cause you play with Aston Villa...I have negotiation set to Hard and I've signed several players, even some where it says that it will be tough cause they don't want to let the player go, but I'm playing with Man united.

One interesting thing I havent seen before, I had a offer for Bailley for quite some time, who apparently also wanted to change the club. Didn't progress further and didn't try to renew his contract so now 5 months before his contract ends, he decided to go to Everton for free, nothing I can do. Never happened before in Pes..

Really strange, maybe cause you play with Aston Villa...I have negotiation set to Hard and I've signed several players, even some where it says that it will be tough cause they don't want to let the player go, but I'm playing with Man united.

Yeah Man Utd’s pulling power is a bit stronger than Villa to say the least, but still frustrating that I can’t get even free agents to come to the premier league, the 2nd transfer window is no closed and I have all my money left and no new players, do you know if the money I have will run over to next season?

One interesting thing I havent seen before, I had a offer for Bailley for quite some time, who apparently also wanted to change the club. Didn't progress further and didn't try to renew his contract so now 5 months before his contract ends, he decided to go to Everton for free, nothing I can do. Never happened before in Pes..[/QUOT

Not good that.

You must put ONLY ONE BAR for release fee. It is still broken in any other case.

Back
Top Bottom